ABC'S "EXTREME MAKEOVER" COMES TO THE RESCUE OF A BALD WOMAN SUFFERING
FROM ALOPECIA, PLUS ALL NEW UPDATES ON SOME OF LAST SEASON'S MOST ASTONISHING MAKEOVERS -- CSI DETECTIVE PEGGY ROWLETT, WEDDING COUPLE MICHAEL AND SUSAN CHOQUETTE, AND ACNE VICTIM TAMMY KERGER -- AIRING THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 17
"Episode 315" - Witness the all-new and exciting makeover of Rachel, a 33-year-old visual merchandiser from Arvada, CO, whose Alopecia condition leaves her bald. Plus catch all new updates of some of last season's most astonishing makeovers -- CSI detective Peggy Rowlett from Wheat Ridge, CO; acne victim Tammy Kerger from Omaha, NE; and wedding couple Mike and Susan Choquette from Haverhill, MA -- on "Extreme Makeover," THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 17 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
Through a life altering experience, Rachel was able to change her looks in an effort to transform her life and destiny and to make her dreams come true. This was all accomplished through the skills of an "Extreme Team," including plastic surgeons, eye surgeons and cosmetic dentists, along with a talented team of hair and makeup artists, stylists and personal trainers. Participants recuperate at the "Makeover Mansion," the new luxurious mansion tucked away in the Hollywood Hills, CA, complete with stunning views, a swimming pool, fully equipped home gym and big screen televisions.
Rachel (33) is a single, visual merchandiser for Expo Design Center who suffers from Alopecia, an autoimmune skin disease that causes hair loss on the scalp and elsewhere on the body. Due to her baldness, Rachel has suffered shame and insecurity, with devastating effects on her social and professional life. She has tried numerous wigs and treatments, but nothing has worked. The Extreme Team now gives Rachel the opportunity to fulfill her potential as she is made over head to toe and given a new state of the art wig which allows her to participate in activities from swimming to riding roller coasters.
Rachel's procedures included a brow lift, facial fat injections, liposuction to knees, inner and outer thighs, LASIK eye surgery, Fotofacials, rosacea treatment, tattooed eyebrows, six da Vinci porcelain veneers, Zoom whitening and a custom wig.
Rachel's "Extreme Team" included:
* Dr. Jon A. Perlman, a prominent board-certified plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills
* Dentist Dr. William Dorfman, one of the pioneers of tooth whitening. Celebrity clientele includes Matthew Perry, Usher, Ali Landry, Brooke Burke and Melissa Joan Hart
* Dr. Robert Maloney, considered one of the 10 best LASIK surgeons in the world, who has performed LASIK surgery on such celebrities as Cindy Crawford and Barry Manilow
* Dermatologist Ava T. Shamban, owner and director of the Laser Institute for Dermatology in Santa Monica
* Dermatologist David L. Hurt, M.D.
* Wardrobe stylist Sam Saboura, who has served as celebrity fashion stylist for Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Sarah Jessica Parker, MTV's "Movie House" and the Osbournes
* Master body sculptor and rapid weight-loss expert Michael Thurmond, who trains various red-carpet celebrities
* Hair stylist John Allen of B2V Salon
* Hair colorist Kim Vo of B2V Salon
* Makeup artist Darcy Gilmore
* Eyebrow tattoo artist Sheila May
* Custom wigmaker Greg Taylor of Taylormade
* As per Michael Thurmond's customized diet regimens, gourmet custom meals are provided by Sally Ann Catering
Plus, catch all new updates on some of last season's most amazing makeovers. Remember CSI Detective Peggy Rowlett (50), who said she looked as dead as the corpses she worked with? Her dream was to look "alive" and 20 years younger in time for her work anniversary party. Two years after her unforgettable makeover, she's still on the job, along with her SWAT team leader ex-husband who works on cases with her. What did he have to say about Peggy's makeover, and what is their relationship like now? Has the romance been rekindled or has she moved on?
Also check in with Michael (33), an applications engineer, and drama teacher Susan Choquette (43) -- the couple who underwent extreme makeovers toether and were revealed for the first time to one another at their romantic Walt Disney World Grand Floridian resort wedding. Since the televised wedding, the happily married couple has faced backlash from some of Susan's drama students and their parents who didn't agree with their decision to get plastic surgery.
Finally, revisit Tammy Kerger (31), a sales support representative whose face was ravaged by severe acne. Her self-esteem, personal relationships and love life were scarred by her life-long struggle with her complexion. Since her makeover, she decided she needed to make more changes in her life. But after a move to California to pursue new opportunities, a recent outbreak of acne has brought back old frustrations. In the hope of finding a solution, she reconnects with Dr. Ava Shamban, the dermatologist who turned her life around with healthy skin.
"Extreme Makeover" is produced by New Screen Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment. Chuck Bangert, Lou Gorfain and Howard Schultz are the executive producers. Julie Laughlin is co- executive producer.
A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.