ABC'S HIT SHOW GOES BEHIND-THE-SCENES ON THE HOME MAKEOVER FOR THE ALI FAMILY, IN "EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION: HOW'D THEY DO THAT?," MONDAY, APRIL 18
"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How'd They Do That? (Ali Family)" - In this series, the producers from "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" literally open every door to show how Ty Pennington and his team of designers, workers and contractors are able to change the lives of deserving families as they rebuild the entire interior and exterior of a run-down house in just seven days. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How'd They Do That?" will air MONDAY, APRIL 18 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. (Rebroadcast. OAD: 11/1/04)
On Sunday, October 31, viewers will witness how the EMHE team spectacularly renovates the Jamaica Queens, New York home of Lucy Ali and her 12-year-old adopted sons, Paul and Kuran. Prior to their home makeover, the Alis were left homeless after a contractor did not finish building a second story addition to the one-bedroom home. The process of their particular home makeover is the subject of this episode of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How'd They Do That?"
As with all of the intense remodeling projects the show undertakes, there is a great deal that goes on that does not make it into the final broadcast. Now viewers can see all of that and more, including:
* What goes on before Ty announces his now famous "Good morning!" wake-up call, when he -- along with the other designers -- surprises an unsuspecting family with news that their home has been chosen to receive a makeover.
* The adrenalin rush and the different emotions the EMHE team experiences as they work to meet seemingly impossible deadlines.
* A look into the making of the "secret room" that Ty will design and build for a family member -- in this case, Lucy Ali's bedroom.
* In-depth interviews with the designers discussing how they incorporate the families' tastes as they plan the assorted rooms.
* Paul DiMeo and Michael Moloney go on a shopping trip to a theatre and the local flea market to gather Broadway-themed items for Kuran's bedroom.
* An unexpected contribution by the contractor, Sal Ferro and his employees at Alure Home Improvements, who go above and beyond to give the Ali Family a gift they will cherish forever.
The design team for this episode of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How'd They Do That?" consists of Ty Pennington, Paul DiMeo, Paige Hemmis, Michael Moloney, Constance Ramos and Preston Sharp. The show is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. The series is executive-produced by Tom Forman. This program carries a TV-PG parental guideline.