THE FIRST COUPLE IS ELIMINATED ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF
"DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW," TUESDAY, MARCH 29
All-New Pro Dance Troupe Debuts and Top-Selling Artist/Actor Chris Brown Performs
Following last week's smash hit Season 12 premiere, all 11 couples will return to the ballroom floor for a second dance on "Dancing with the Stars" tonight ("Episode 1202"), MONDAY, MARCH 28 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET). Each of the couples will be given a second chance to impress the judges and viewers with a dazzling jive or quickstep.
Tomorrow, TUESDAY, MARCH 29 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the 12th season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" ("Episode 1202A"), the first couple will be eliminated from the competition, an all new pro dance troupe of six world renowned performers will make its debut, and top-selling recording artist Chris Brown will perform two numbers.
This week, an all new troupe of six world-renowned, award-winning dancers joins the series for the first of several spectacular "Results Show" performances this season. On Tuesday, the troupe will perform an opening number alongside six "Dancing with the Stars" pros and do a second, stand alone routine choreographed by Jason Gilkison. The Season 12 "Dancing with the Stars" troupe is:
· Oksana Dmyrenko is a premiere performer in Ballroom and Latin dance around the world. Having studied in her home of Ukraine and around the world, she won the 2010 International World Masters Championship, placed 2nd in the 2009 U.S. National Championships, and was recently among the Top 30 of 500 of the world's best couples in the prestigious Blackpool Dance Festival.
· Tristan MacMahon began dancing in his home of Dublin, Ireland before moving on to compete around Europe, eventually winning numerous Juvenile, Junior and Amateur competitions. After appearing in "Ella Enchanted," he performed in theatre productions throughout Europe, including Bryan Flynn's production of "Oliver!" and "Aladdin," among others. He joined the U.K. tour of "Simply Ballroom" and, after a successful tour in London and Las Vegas, toured as a featured dancer with several successful shows in the U.S. After numerous world tours and a year teaching Ballroom and Latin dancing in the U.S., he returned to Europe to join the cast of "Dirty Dancing" as Dance Captain. He then went on to do a second stint on The West End stage in London
· Peta Murgatroyd was born in Auckland, New Zealand and raised in Perth, Western Australia. She studied Classical Ballet from age 4 and trained for 12 years under former principal dancer of the Kirov Ballet Madame Lubov Nikonorenko. After becoming the Australian State Champion within three months of beginning Ballroom training, she competed around the world, placing 2nd in the Great World City Championships, was a semi-finalist in the Lion City Championships in Singapore, a finalist in the Australian Open Championships, and placed 3rd in the world at the British Youth Latin Championships in Blackpool 2006. After achieving her lifelong goal of dancing on Broadway, she moved to the U.S. to pursue a career in film and television in Los Angeles.
· 19-year-old Christopher "Kiki" Nyemchek began Ballroom and Latin dancing at age 4. Along with his dance partners, he has represented the U.S. at the World Championships three times, and competed in Europe and Asia. Kiki danced at Junior Blackpool three times, placing 29th out of more than 400 couples. He is noted as one of the Top Under 21 Latin dancers in the U.S. and is a National Amateur Finalist.
· Nicole Volynets began Ballroom training at age 14 with coach Maksim Chmerkovskiy. With her brother Ted by her side, Nicole has traveled the world in competition, placing as a top three national finalist for seven consecutive years and in the top eight at the 2007 U.S. National DanceSport Challenge. She performed at The Wynn, Las Vegas and in Macau, China for the opening of The Wynn - Macau.
· Ted Volynets began Ballroom dancing at age 11, following in older sister Nicole's footsteps. While training with coaches Maksim and Val Chmerkovkiy, he has traveled the world representing his country, placing Top 15 at the National DanceSport Championships 2010. His television credits include appearances on MTV's "MADE" and "The Real Housewives of New Jersey." Outside the studio, Ted is a senior at New York University, studying Economics.
Also on Tuesday, multi-platinum recording artist Chris Brown will perform his hit single "Forever" and his newest hit "Yeah 3X," which ranked in the Top 10 on both the Rhythm and Top 40 radio charts and had 1.2 million in combined digital/mobile sales. Following a string of consecutive R&B/Pop hit songs and three Grammy nominations, Brown's new Jive Records release, "F.A.M.E.," debuted on March 22. He has co-written on the majority of "F.A.M.E." and collaborated with a wide range of his peers, including Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa and Ludacris, among others.
By Tuesday evening's end, one couple will be eliminated, as determined by a combination of the judges' scores and viewers' votes on dances performed in weeks one and two. Who among the following 11 teams will be the first to leave the ballroom floor?
· KIRSTIE ALLEY, television and movie star, and MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY, who is back for his 10th season.
· MIKE CATHERWOOD, radio personality, and LACEY SCHWIMMER, who is back for her 4th season.
· CHRIS JERICHO, WWE star, with two-time champ CHERYL BURKE, who is back for her 11th season
· CHELSEA KANE, Disney star, and two-time champ MARK BALLAS, who returns for his 8th season.
· SUGAR RAY LEONARD, boxing legend, with ANNA TREBUNSKAYA, who returns for her 7th season.
· RALPH MACCHIO, movie star, teamed with KARINA SMIRNOFF, who returns for her 8th season.
· PETRA NEMCOVA, supermodel, partnered with DMITRY CHAPLIN, who returns for his 3rd season.
· ROMEO, rapper and actor, teamed up with CHELSIE HIGHTOWER, who returns for her 5th season.
· HINES WARD, Super Bowl MVP, and Season 9 champion KYM JOHNSON, who returns for her 9th season.
· KENDRA WILKINSON, reality star, with LOUIS VAN AMSTEL, who returns for his 8th season.
· WENDY WILLIAMS, talk show host, and TONY DOVOLANI, who is back for his 11th season.
Hosted by Tom Bergeron ("America's Funniest Home Videos") and Brooke Burke ("Dancing with the Stars" Season 7 Champion), the celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.
Viewers may cast their votes for their favorite teams via phone on Monday night during and up to 30 minutes after the "Dancing with the Stars" performance shows. AT&T customers may also text message their votes by texting the word "VOTE" and entering the number that corresponds to the team they want to support (message and data rates may apply). AT&T will also offer customers exclusive mobile video footage of weekly backstage highlights to keep fans connected to some of their favorite couples all season long. Viewers may also vote online at www.abc.com starting from the opening of each episode on the East Coast with voting closing at 8:00 a.m., PT/11:00 a.m., ET on Tuesday mornings.
"Dancing with the Stars" is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, "Strictly Come Dancing." This version is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Conrad Green serves as executive producer and Ashley Edens-Shaffer and Joe Sungkur are co-executive producers. Alex Rudzinski directs. "Dancing with the Stars" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG,L parental guideline.
About BBC Worldwide Productions:
BBC Worldwide Productions is based in Los Angeles and develops and produces scripted and non-scripted projects for U.S. cable and broadcast networks, as well as digital platforms. The production company is responsible for the smash hit "Dancing with the Stars" (ABC), "Top Gear" (HISTORY), "What Not to Wear" (TLC) and "Torchwood: Miracle Day" (Starz). BBC Worldwide Productions is one of seven core businesses within BBC Worldwide, the main commercial arm and wholly-owned subsidiary of British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).