COLIN KAEPERNICK AND DEFENDING NFC CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS TRAVEL TO SEATTLE TO TAKE ON RUSSELL WILSON AND SEAHAWKS ON "SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL"
Coverage Begins with Football Night In America at 7 p.m. ET on NBC
NBC Sports Live Extra to Live Stream 49ers - Seahawks
FNIA Coach's Clicker Debuts
Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN
Season Debut of NFL Turning Point
Wednesday Night at 10 p.m. ET on NBCSN
STAMFORD, Conn. - September 10, 2013 - Colin Kaepernick and the defending NFC Champion San Francisco 49ers (1-0) travel to CenturyLink Field in Seattle Wash., to take on Russell Wilson and the Seahawks (1-0) on Sunday Night Football. Coverage begins with Football Night In America at 7 p.m. ET on NBC.
Both teams enter this important NFC West matchup at 1-0 and look to keep their momentum going early in the season.
Calling 49ers-Seahawks is seven-time Emmy Award-winner Al Michaels (play-by-play), in his 28th season as the voice of the NFL's premier primetime package; 14-time Emmy Award-winner Cris Collinsworth, who has won the Emmy for Outstanding Event Analyst in each of his four seasons in the Sunday Night Football booth; and Emmy Award-winning sideline reporter Michele Tafoya.
NBC's coverage of Sunday Night Football is led by Emmy Award-winning producer Fred Gaudelli and Emmy Award-winning director Drew Esocoff. Sunday Night Football has won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Sports Series for five consecutive years.
Football Night in America, the most-watched pre-game show in sports, is hosted by 25-time Emmy Award-winner Bob Costas, who will report from CenturyLink Field in Seattle, Wash. Costas will be joined on site by Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, and two-time Super Bowl winner Hines Ward.
Dan Patrick co-hosts Football Night from NBC's famed Studio 8H at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Patrick will be joined by Super Bowl-winning head coach Tony Dungy, two-time Super Bowl winner Rodney Harrison, Peter King of Sports Illustrated, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN and NBCSports.com, and longtime NFL front office veteran and former NFL Executive of the Year Scott Pioli.
In addition to Sunday Night Football and Football Night in America, NBC Sports Group's NFL coverage also includes digital content and social media extensions that are available online, as well as NFL-related shoulder programming on NBCSN.
Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth preview 49ers - Seahawks:
Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison preview 49ers - Seahawks:
NBC SPORTS LIVE EXTRA
For the sixth consecutive season, the entire Sunday Night Football schedule will be streamed live online. NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group's live streaming product for desktops and tablets, will stream all SNF games televised on NBC. The video stream will come directly from NBC's broadcast of SNF, and will include additional camera angles and interactive features.
NBC Sports Live Extra employs a full HD-quality player, which includes a draggable picture-in-picture feature for any of the online-only cameras, plus full DVR functionality allowing the user to pause, scroll back-and-forth, and review plays in slo-motion.
In addition, online coverage features in-game analysis from the Sunday Night Football and Football Night in America teams as well as fantasy tips from Rotoworld fantasy experts.
For desktops, NBC Sports Live Extra can be accessed at NBCSports.com/liveextra. The NBC Sports Live Extra app for tablets is available at the App Store for iPad and iPod touch, and on select tablet devices within Google Play.
NBCSN TO LAUNCH FNIA COACH'S CLICKER
WEDNESDAY AT 6:30 P.M. ET
NBCSN will launch a new, weekly half-hour NFL studio show-FNIA Coach's Clicker - on Wednesday, Sept. 11, that dovetails off of Football Night in America, the most-watched pre-game show in sports. FNIA Coach's Clicker will debut each week at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, with Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison providing an in-depth Xs-and-Os preview of the upcoming week's biggest games, including the Sunday Night Football contest. Liam McHugh will host the new program from the famous Studio 8H at NBCUniversal's 30 Rockefeller Plaza headquarters in New York City.
Derived from the weekly coach's clicker segment on Football Night in America, FNIA Coach's Clicker will look ahead to the upcoming week by providing in-depth breakdowns of teams, one-on-one matchups and schemes that will factor into the outcome of biggest games. Dungy and Harrison will take viewers inside the film room to take apart offenses, defenses and special teams by utilizing highlights, graphics and Coach Dungy's clicker. NFL insiders Mike Florio and Scott Pioli will appear weekly to provide viewers with relevant news and notes about the upcoming week's slate of games.
The premiere episode of FNIA Coach's Clicker will focus on the Week 2 Sunday Night Football contest between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks, as well as other games.
NFL TURNING POINT SEASON PREMIERE WEDNESDAY AT 10 P.M. ET
The third season of Emmy-nominated NFL Turning Point, NBCSN's weekly show co-produced by NFL Films, will debut Wednesday, Sept. 11 at 10 p.m. ET and will be hosted by Football Night in America's Dan Patrick. The hour-long program will air throughout the NFL regular season and will focus on the crucial �turning point' moment in several games for football fans each week by utilizing NFL Films' unmatched cinematography and sideline and on-field audio.
In addition, Football Night In America's Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy will breakdown the keys to this Sunday's 49ers - Seahawks game.
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL DIGITAL COVERAGE
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ALL-ACCESS
For the fourth straight season, NBCSports.com is providing a destination for fans dedicated to behind-the-scenes content of Sunday Night Football. New this season, SNF All-Access will feature a section dedicated to pertinent Twitter feeds around the NFL and SNF. Fans can follow @SNFonNBC, NFL teams, players and NBC Sports experts all within one curated destination. SNF All-Access will also continue to include exclusive photos and videos of the Sunday Night Football production, look-ins on SNF production meetings, Michele Tafoya's "Ten With Tafoya" interviews with key NFL players, and a weekly notebook and conversations with SNF and FNIA talent.
Visit SNF All-Access at SNFAllAccess.com
Fans can digitally follow the Sunday Night Football bus and The Sunday Night Football, at NBCSports.com/FollowSNF. The site will include an interactive map of where the bus and ball have been, and where they are travelling to next. Users will be able to click into each city on the map to experience photos from the road provided by SNF, as well as Twitter and Instagram pictures from NFL teams and players. Fans can also upload photos of themselves in their favorite team gear and see it appear in the experience.
In addition, the site offers a behind-the-scenes look at the Sunday Night Football crew and talent, plus content from the bus itself.
· FANS OF THE WEEK: Each week, NBC Sports Group will select four social media "Fans of The Week" to become Sunday Night Football Ambassadors. The four fans will be rewarded with experiences such as a tour of the SNF production truck, tours and rides on the SNF bus and a VIP experience on game days. The "Fans of The Week" are selected based on their social media activity and NFL team fandom. Each "Fan of The Week" will have the opportunity to share their experience through their individual social media accounts, with support from the SNF social media accounts.
· SNF SOCIAL MEDIA FEED: To help fans continue the conversation about the Sunday Night Football bus and The Sunday Night Football, NBCSports.com/FollowSNF will aggregate tweets and Instagram posts utilizing #SNF. The feed will include NBC Sports NFL experts, players, teams, "SNF Fans of The Week", and others talking about SNF and their interactions with the bus and the ball.
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SOCIAL MEDIA
NBC Sports Group will deliver news, interview, photos, videos, and exclusive content to fans following Sunday Night Football on NBC Sports' social media platforms.
· SNF ON FACEBOOK: Facebook.com/SNFonNBC - Over 1 million LIKES strong, the Sunday Night Football Facebook page provides links, photos and exclusive behind-the-scenes videos. The page aggregates all SNF-related content found within the NBC Sports digital network, including NBCSports.com, SNF All Access, Follow SNF, ProFootballTalk.com, and Rotoworld.com.
· SNF ON TWITTER: twitter.com/SNFonNBC - For the second year in a row, Sunday Night Football sideline reporter Michele Tafoya will be sharing live video tweets from the sideline through @SNFonNBC. Exclusively featured on the SNF social media platforms, Tafoya will provide fans with extended real-time content from her unique sideline perspective. Using tweets, pictures, vine videos and twitvids, @SNFonNBC will also provide unique content from SNF and Football Night In America talent, production staff and NFL players.
· In addition, each week @SNFonNBC will promote a guest player who will live tweet during the Sunday Night Football broadcast on NBC. On Sunday, September 15, former Seattle Seahawks FB and two-time Pro Bowl selection Mack Strong (@Macdad38) will be the guest player. The tweets from the guest player will automatically be pulled into the SNF Extra Player.
· New this season, Sunday Night Football fans on Twitter will also have the opportunity to follow a second account dedicated to the weekly SNF broadcast. Designed for the ultimate NFL stats fan, @SNFSuperStats will offer viewers a comprehensive feed of information about Sunday Night Football games in progress. Every Sunday night @SNFSuperStats will feature live stats on the game, teams and players.
· SNF ON INSTAGRAM: Going into its third season, Sunday Night Football gives the SNF fan a look at photos through the filters of Instagram. Fans get a look inside the production trucks, the locker rooms, on the field and around the city. Fans also have the opportunity to submit photos through Instagram using #SNF that will automatically be curated into a special Instagram tab on the Sunday Night Football Facebook page.
SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BUS
The Sunday Night Football bus will travel to all 17 SNF games, arriving in each city two or three days prior to each game. The bus will make stops at local landmarks and events in each market before making its way to the game site for a full Sunday at the stadium, giving fans the opportunity to interact with America's most-watched primetime television show.
The Sunday Night Football bus will incorporate exclusive activities and social media both inside and out. SNF's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts along with the #SNF hashtag will be displayed on the exterior. Once on the bus, fans and visitors can tweet and post photos of themselves in the broadcast positions occupied by Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth from a mock SNF studio.
THE SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
For the second consecutive season NBC Sports will present The Sunday Night Football, a custom made football from Wilson, which will travel with the SNF crew all season long. Fans of SNF on Facebook and Twitter will be able to keep up with The Sunday Night Football on the SNF Facebook page, follow its path through each city and recommend where it should visit while in town. In addition, fans can visit NBCSports.com/FollowSNF.
At the end of each SNF game, "The Sunday Night Football" will be signed by the player of the game. Photos, video and stories around The Sunday Night Football and its travels will live on Facebook, Twitter, and SNF All-Access.
Week Player Game Date
*Week 1 Peyton Manning Ravens at Broncos Thurs. Sept. 5
Week 1 Tony Romo & Sean Lee Giants at Cowboys Sun. Sept. 8
*NFL Kickoff 2013
PRO FOOTBALL TALK ON NBCSN
WEEKNIGHTS, 5:30 P.M. ET
Pro Football Talk, NBCSN's daily NFL studio show co-hosted by Mike Florio and Erik Kuselias, airs at 5:30 p.m. ET every Monday through Friday. The show regularly features a roster of NBC Sports football commentators, including Rodney Harrison, Hines Ward, Doug Flutie, Ross Tucker, Peter King, and Scott Pioli.
In addition to deep diving on the most topical NFL stories of the day, Pro Football Talk provides all-encompassing coverage of the NFL, including the most current news and analysis, engaging features, thought-provoking debates, and interviews with a wide variety of NFL newsmakers.
FANTASY FOOTBALL LIVE ON NBCSN
THURSDAY NIGHTS, 6:30 P.M. ET
Building off of Yahoo! Sports' popular Sunday live streaming show Fantasy Football Live, Fantasy Football Live on NBCSN is a live and on-demand, multi-platform, fantasy football program that airs at 6:30 p.m. ET on Thursday nights.
Fantasy Football Live on NBCSN combines the best fantasy football expertise from Yahoo! Sports and NBC Sports, including unique metrics from Yahoo! Sports' leading fantasy football platform, and full integration with NBC Sports' premier fantasy sports information site, Rotoworld.com.
A subsequent, digital-only version of Fantasy Football Live is available live from 7-7:30 p.m. ET, as well as through video-on-demand across web and through mobile devices on both Yahoo! Sports and NBCSports.com.
Hosted by NBC Sports' Erik Kuselias, Fantasy Football Live features a mix of Yahoo! Sports, NBC Sports, and Rotoworld fantasy experts, including NBC Sports' Shaun King, and Yahoo! Sports' Brad Evans and Brandon Funston. Yahoo! Sports' Melanie Collins will host the digital show. Rotoworld's Kay Adams will be a regular contributor for the show across both platforms.
NBC SPORTS RADIO
NBC Sports Radio will surround the 2013 NFL season with daily coverage on 339 radio affiliates, highlighted by McNabb and Malone; an all-sports show that leverages the unique perspective of two former NFL quarterbacks, and Safety Blitz with Rodney Harrison; featuring three-time All Pro and two-time Super Bowl-winner Rodney Harrison.
NBC SPORTS REGIONAL AFFILIATES
NBC Sports Regional Networks, which serve top NFL markets such as New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston and San Francisco, will surround the 2013 NFL season with in-depth news, analysis and original programming on the teams that matter most in more than 50 million U.S. households.
NFL KICKOFF WEEKEND GAMES ON NBC RANK AS #1 AND #2 PRIMETIME SHOWS FOR WEEK
NBC's NFL Kickoff Weekend games - Denver's 49-27 win over the Super Bowl-champion Baltimore Ravens on Thursday and the Dallas Cowboys' 36-31 victory over their NFC East rival New York Giants on the debut of Sunday Night Football - each averaged more than 25 million viewers and ranked as primetime television's two most-watched programs last week, according to official national data released by The Nielsen Company.
The Giants-Cowboys Sunday Night Football opener averaged 25.4 million viewers to rank as primetime television's most-watched show last week (Sept. 2-8). The Ravens-Broncos Thursday �NFL Kickoff' game was the second-most watched primetime show of the week with an average of 25.1 million viewers.
With its two NFL telecasts, NBC is the only network to average 25+ million primetime viewers on two nights in one week since the 2012 London Olympics (on NBC in August 2012).
Also notable from NBC's Week 1 NFL telecasts:
· The Thursday �NFL Kickoff' game and debut of Sunday Night Football generated the #1 and #2 primetime ratings of the week on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in every key category - adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54.
· NBC's primetime average in the Adult 18-49 demographic on Sunday beat the primetime averages of ABC, CBS and FOX combined (8.2 A18-49 rating vs. 7.4 A18-49 combined ABC, CBS and FOX).
· The Thursday night �NFL Kickoff' game had a national household rating of 14.9/26, the third-highest rated NFL Kickoff game. The debut of Sunday Night Football had a 15.0/24 national household rating, tied for the third-highest rated SNF opener
DIGITAL: NBC Sports Live Extra's live stream of NFL Kickoff and Sunday Night Football generated the two highest-trafficked non-Olympic, non-Super Bowl single-game live streams in NBC Sports Digital history.
Fans consumed nearly 20.5 million minutes of Thursday night's Ravens-Broncos contest and 11.9 million minutes of Sunday night's Giants-Cowboys game, which was up 20% vs. last year's SNF opener. The previous record for an NFL stream was 10.6 million, set last season for the Week 15 49ers-Patriots matchup.
Football Night in America, the most-watched pre-game show in sports, averaged 8.5 million viewers from 7:30-8:22 p.m. ET, up 8% vs. last year (7.9 million).
2013 SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
NBC will broadcast 19 primetime NFL games during the 2013 season, including NBC's annual Thanksgiving night game, featuring the heated AFC North rivalry Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens.
2013 SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Sun. Sept. 15 Week 2 San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks
Sun. Sept. 22 Week 3 Chicago Bears at Pittsburgh Steelers
Sun. Sept. 29 Week 4 New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons
Sun. Oct. 6 Week 5 Houston Texans at San Francisco 49ers
Sun. Oct. 13 Week 6 Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys
Sun. Oct. 20 Week 7 Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts
Sun. Oct. 27 Week 8 Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings
Sun. Nov. 3 Week 9 Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
Sun. Nov. 10 Week 10 Dallas Cowboys at New Orleans Saints
*Sun. Nov. 17 Week 11 Green Bay Packers at New York Giants
*Sun. Nov. 24 Week 12 Denver Broncos at New England Patriots
**Thurs. Nov. 28 Week 13 Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens
*Sun. Dec. 1 Week 13 New York Giants at Washington Redskins
*Sun. Dec. 8 Week 14 Atlanta Falcons at Green Bay Packers
*Sun. Dec. 15 Week 15 Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers
*Sun. Dec. 22 Week 16 New England Patriots at Baltimore Ravens
*Sun. Dec. 29 Week 17 TBA
**Thanksgiving Night Game
Follow "Sunday Night Football" on Twitter @SNFonNBC
Follow NBC SportsTalk on Twitter @NBCSportsTalk
Become a fan of "Sunday Night Football" on Facebook at:
Visit SNF All-Access at: http://snfallaccess.nbcsports.com/