AWARD-WINNING "WHAT WOULD YOU DO?" RETURNS
- NEW SHOWS BEGIN AIRING TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3 AT 10:00 P.M. ON ABC
When People See a Situation that Cries Out for Action,
Do They Step in, Back Away or Just Walk on by?
When you think no one is watching� what would you do? The successful and popular ABC News series "What Would You Do?" returns with all-new scenarios, beginning tonight, TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. Using hidden cameras, "What Would You Do?" establishes everyday scenarios and then captures people's reactions. Whether people are compelled to act or mind their own business, John Quiñones reports on their split-second and often surprising decision-making process.
Tuesday, December 3 scenarios Include:
· Positively False: You can order just about anything off the internet: food, clothes, and now even a used pregnancy test. What will happen when fellow diners overhear a female actor buying a positive pregnancy test, and then showing it to her boyfriend with the hopes he will propose?
· Hungry Diner: A restaurant customer eats food from the plate of someone at another table when they step away. Will any of the other customers say anything?
· Barbershop: A black man walks into a Harlem barbershop for a haircut - but the only person available is a white barber. The owner says he's the best barber he's ever hired, but the man is too skeptical to take a chance. Will anyone defend the white barber?
· Interracial Couple: What would you do if you saw a woman berating an interracial couple?
· Time Out: When a fed-up mother leaves her young child outside the restaurant on "time out" because the kid has been misbehaving, will anyone intervene?
"What Would You Do?" has won awards from the Chicago International Television Festival and the Avon Foundation's 2006 Voice of Change award for exposing "injustice and wrongdoing against women and bringing the message of domestic violence to the mainstream."
David Sloan is senior executive producer and Danielle Rossen is executive producer of "What Would You Do?"