'GAME CHANGERS WITH ROBIN ROBERTS' AIRS WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, ON ABC TELEVISION NETWORK
The One-Hour Primetime Special Commemorates the Most Influential People of 2016
ABC News anchor Robin Roberts travels across the country to spend time with the innovators, philanthropists, athletes and entertainers who left an unforgettable mark on 2016 and many generations to come in the one-hour primetime special "Game Changers with Robin Roberts," airing WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21 (10:00-11:00p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network. As another memorable year comes to a close Robin, gives viewers an unusually candid look at the personal and professional lives of the individuals who are changing the world.
"These game changers that we spent time with all have one thing in common - they are not satisfied with the status quo. I appreciate and admire how they are using their voices and their talent to inspire us to look at the world differently," says Robin Roberts, host and executive producer of the primetime special.
Some of the featured game changers include:
· LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA: Robin visits one of the biggest game changers of 2016, Hamilton superstar Lin-Manuel Miranda, and takes an intimate tour of the neighborhood and culture that inspires him, including his family home where he reveals his struggles as a Latin actor and writer. He shares his most thrilling moment about the Hamilton journey and gives us a hint of what's in store for the future.
· MICHAEL PHELPS: Robin joins the most decorated Olympian in history poolside with his new family, wife Nicole (Johnson Phelps) and 7-month-old son Boomer, for a revealing look at life after his unbelievable comeback and retirement from swimming. Michael shares how he transformed the sport during his 16-year career, the reason he decided to marry and candid moments with his son.
· CHANCE THE RAPPER: Robin travels to Phoenix, Arizona, to sit down with the 23-year-old rapper who is flipping the music industry upside down. As an artist who only streams his music versus selling albums, Chance The Rapper is making waves in the industry and among his peers. Robin goes backstage for exclusive access at the final show on his Magnificent Coloring World Tour.
· DR. MONA HANNA-ATTISHA: Robin sits down for an eye-opening interview with one of the whistleblowers in the Flint, Michigan, water crisis. Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha was a voice for the victims of the city who were ignored for more than a year. She tells Robin how she discovered children were being poisoned by their tap water, how she fought to hold state officials responsible, and how she continues to fight for families in Flint as they work to rebuild.
· ASHLEY GRAHAM: Robin travels to Lincoln, Nebraska, to visit the hometown of supermodel and body activist Ashley Graham. Ashley has launched a beauty revolution, sending shock waves through the fashion industry as she shatters stereotypes. Ashley opens up about the discrimination she faced early on in her career and how she is taking the fashion industry by storm as an advocate for acceptance.
Tune in Wednesday, December 21, for the full list of game changers.
"Game Changers with Robin Roberts" is a co-production by Rock 'N Robin Productions and Jupiter Entertainment. Robin Roberts and John R. Green serve as executive producers as well as Stephen Land, Allison Wallach and Matt Sprouse.
About Rock'n Robin Productions
Headed by "Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts, Rock'n Robin Productions is a full service, award-winning broadcast and digital production company based in New York City, creating new and exciting programming for network, cable, and online audiences. From documentaries and news driven specials to entertainment and sports programming and short form digital series. For more information, go to www.rocknrobin.tv
About Jupiter Entertainment
Jupiter Entertainment is a full-service production company focused on creating successful, highly formatted TV series with great storytelling, compelling characters and high production values. For 20 years, Jupiter Entertainment has produced a variety of hit primetime series and specials across a wide range of genres. Jupiter Entertainment currently operates offices in New York, NY and Knoxville, TN. Find out more about Jupiter Entertainment and its projects at www.jupiterent.com.