MO�NIQUE�S FAT CHANCE RATES BIG FOR OXYGEN
Two Hour Special Delivers 1.1 �-
Oxygen�s Highest Rated Original Telecast Ever
Plus-Sized Beauty Competition Scores with Younger Viewers
� Delivering a 1.2 in W18-49
New York, August 9, 2005 -- Oxygen and plus-size icon Mo�Nique (The Parkers) redefined the face of American beauty on network cable�s first full-figured beauty competition showing that big is beautiful when it comes to Oxygen�s ratings. The premiere of Mo�Nique�s Fat Chance (8-10P) on Saturday 8/6/05 was Oxygen�s highest rated original telecast ever with a 1.1 HH rating.
- The two hour special rated +200% over the July �05 time period and +176% over Aug �04�s time period average.
- Fat Chance delivered the network�s highest rating ever among W18-49 with a 1.2.
- The special delivered 586,000 Homes in the time period.
- Oxygen�s Saturday Prime averaged a .88 HH rating, making it Oxygen�s second highest rated night ever in prime.
- The prime repeat of Mo�Nique�s Fat Chance (8-10P) on Sunday 8/7/05 was Oxygen�s 2nd highest rated original telecast ever with a 1.0 HH rating. (Rating just behind the premiere).
- 3.8 million total viewers (p2+) tuned into Mo�Nique�s Fat Chance over the weekend.
About Oxygen Media
Oxygen, the only cable network owned and operated by women, is currently available in 55 million homes. The network was launched in 2000 to fill a void in the television landscape -- creating a network targeted to younger women. The fastest growing independent network, Oxygen became profitable in 2004. Oxygen is rewriting the rulebook for women's television, with the most original programming of all the women's networks including Oprah After the Show, Talk Sex with Sue Johanson and Girls Behaving Badly. Geraldine Laybourne, the network's founder, Chairman and CEO, has led the company to be a strong advocate for women. Through programs like The Mentor's Walk, Oxygen's national program for bringing along the next generation, and "Who Cares About Girls," Oxygen's new documentary series -- Oxygen is creating The New Girls Network.