IT'S BIG MONEY AND HIGH-DRAMA WITH THE PREMIERE OF BRAVO'S 'MILLION DOLLAR LISTING' ON MONDAY, JUNE 12 AT 10:00 PM, ET/PT
FROM OPEN HOUSES TO FINAL OFFERS, TOP REAL ESTATE AGENTS IN HOLLYWOOD AND MALIBU WORK TO SELL THE NEXT HOT LISTING
NEW YORK -- April 11, 2006 -- Bravo will pull back the curtain on yet another familiar world to watch what happens when ten top agents in California's tough real estate market stop at nothing to close the deal on the next "Million Dollar Listing." The six-episode, one-hour series will look at the high-stakes, cutthroat world of real estate in the high-priced fantasy lands of Malibu and Hollywood and introduce an array of colorful personalities including high-powered agents, sellers and buyers as their riveting lives intersect. "Million Dollar Listing" premieres on Monday, June 12, 2006 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).
There is an abundance of intense emotions when agents, homeowners and potential buyers lose their patience and their minds, as they all attempt to get the most out of their "Million Dollar Listing." The players range from a rookie agent just learning the ropes, to an agent who calls herself the "condo queen," as well as a violinist selling his multi-million dollar estate and a seller in Hollywood whose wife is urging him to unload his beloved dream house complete with a stripper pole.
"Whether you own property, aspire to own it or aspire to trade it, it's part of our culture and it's what everyone's talking about, " said Frances Berwick, Senior Vice President of Production and Programming for Bravo. "Everyone who has ever bought or sold a home knows that it is the ultimate in real drama and in 'Million Dollar Listing,' we get to watch the drama unfold through the eyes of a handful of charismatic realtors in Hollywood and Malibu."
"Million Dollar Listing" will follow the trials and tribulations of two real estate companies, one in Hollywood and one in Malibu, to expose the intense work and competition that it takes to move the hot listing of the week. Each episode will showcase a real estate listing from Hollywood and a listing from Malibu, starting from the beginning of the selling process and hopefully to the coveted close. Over the course of the series, viewers will see the ups and downs as a dozen of California's biggest and best homes go up for sale. The storylines range from a woman who is a hysterical divorcee forced to sell her multi-million dollar home, to an agent whose personal ties to the seller (her ex-fiance) get in the way of a potential sale. Each and every dramatic moment that unfolds will be revealed during these testing, high dollar negotiations.
* "THE SCHMOOZER" - Scotty Brown, Malibu agent, is a smooth talking former club promoter and rock and roll manager. He got into real estate because he likes people and he has a knack for getting people to like him. Scotty will attempt to sell a southern socialite's mountaintop abode and a beautifully renovated home in an exclusive community, although the seller's wife would rather stay behind the gates.
* "TOP AGENT" - Carol Bird is one of Malibu's top producing agents. She sells millions of dollars worth of homes, but stays grounded by finding time each day to focus on herself. Carol attempts to sell a multi-acre, multi-million dollar horse estate of a quirky world-renowned violinist.
* "THE CONDO QUEEN" - Lydia Simon says she's known as the "Condo Queen of Malibu." She does sell some homes, but her bread and butter are in beachfront condominiums. Lydia will try to set a new record high for a beachfront multi-million dollar condo, all while planning and hosting her wedding.
* "THE ROOKIE" - Madison Hildebrand is new on the real estate scene, but he's quickly finding his footing on the sandy shores of Malibu. In his first six months, Madison has earned more than $200,000 in commissions. Madison discovers office politics as he tries to sell his first multi-million dollar listing.
* "THE MOGUL" - Chris Cortazzo has been selling real estate in Malibu for eleven years and is the third highest grossing Coldwell Banker agent in the world, with sales over $100 million each year for the past five years. Chris Cortazzo is asking top dollar for an exclusive beachfront bungalow.
* "THE DIVA" AND "MR. NICE GUY" - Dia and Ray Schuldenfrei are in the top 1% of ReMax agents nationwide and have more than thirty years of experience selling homes in the Hollywood Hills. They've just come off one of their biggest years ever, selling millions of dollars in property. In the series, they will deal with a desperate divorcee forced to sell the home she loves.
* "MR. HOLLYWOOD" - Chase Campen, a new Hollywood agent, is married to Ray and Dia's only daughter. When his wife gave birth to twins, he decided to take up selling real estate in order to have a more flexible schedule. During the series, he'll have to navigate the tough line between a seller who refuses to negotiate and a hard-line buyer.
* "MR. MOM" - Michael Wegmann, Hollywood agent, made his fortune in the dot-com industry, now he sells real estate as a hobby. During the series, he will try to sell the ultra modern home of a former record producer. He and his partner try to have a child during the series.
* "THE BOMBSHELL" - Shannon McLeod is brand new agent in the Hollywood ReMax office. In the series, she'll attempt to sell her ex-fiancee's $2.3 million house.
"Million Dollar Listing" is produced for Bravo by World of Wonder. Executive Producers are Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato. Michaline Babich is supervising producer and was edited by Mike Rysavy.
Bravo is the cable network that plugs people into arts, entertainment and pop culture with original programming, acclaimed drama series, movies, comedy and music specials, and by showing a whole different side of celebrities. Currently available in more than 80 million homes, Bravo is known for breaking exciting new personalities, shaking up the way we look at style, media, fame and Hollywood, pulling back the curtain on the creative process and making influential and inventive original programming. Its critically acclaimed and award-winning original programming includes "Blow Out", "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List," "Inside the Actors Studio," "Celebrity Poker Showdown," as well as the 2004 Emmy winner for Outstanding Reality Program, "Queer Eye" and the Emmy-nominated hit competition series, "Project Runway."
Bravo is a program service of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBC Universal one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Bravo has been a NBC Cable Network since December 2002 and was the first television service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. For more information visit www.bravotv.com .
Most recently World of Wonder produced the hit series "Sports Kids Moms & Dads" for Bravo, as well "Showdog Moms & Dads," and "Show Biz Moms & Dads" as well as the acclaimed "Transgeneration" for Sundance Channel and "Movies That Shook the World" for AMC. Co-founders Randy Barbato and Fenton Bailey recently wrote and directed "Inside Deep Throat," a feature documentary about the classic adult film, Executive Produced by Brian Grazer and Imagine Entertainment. Based in both Los Angeles and London, World of Wonder is best known for award-winning films and documentaries such as "The Eyes of Tammy Faye," "Party Monster" (both Sundance Film Festival favorites) "Monica in Black and White" (HBO) and "The Hidden Fuhrer" (Cinemax). They Executive Produced "The RuPaul Show" which ran for 100 episodes and put VH1 on the map. They've also created a host of documentaries for Trio from "Brilliant But Cancelled" to "Epic TV: the Top Ten Miniseries of all time." World of Wonder has also produced and created numerous documentaries and non-fiction programs for Court TV, VH1, AMC, MTV and A&E in the States, as well as BskyB, Channel 4, Channel 5 and ITV in the UK. More information about World of Wonder can be found on the WOW Report daily blog, www.worldofwonder.net.