[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[08/27/14 - 09:13 AM]
"Mr. Pickles" and "Squidbillies" Dominate With an Animation Doubleheader!
Look for both series on Sunday nights beginning September 21 at 11:30/10:30c.

[08/27/14 - 09:04 AM]
MTV's Hit Matchmaking Series "Are You the One?" Returns on Monday, October 6 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT
Adding to the drama this season is a twist that will make finding the perfect match more challenging, as an eleventh girl will join the house as a double match for one of the guys.

[08/27/14 - 09:01 AM]
CBS Announces the 18 Castaways Competing on "Survivor"
The Emmy Award-winning series returns for its 29th season with a special 90-minute premiere, Wednesday, September 24 at 8:00/7:00c.

[08/27/14 - 08:51 AM]
"America's Got Talent" Wins Its Two-Hour Time Period Among the Big 4 by a Margin of 91% and by 65% in Total Viewers
NBC spins the numbers for Tuesday, August 26.

[08/27/14 - 08:35 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: Another Week, Another "Got Talent" Win for NBC
The show's latest installment leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[08/27/14 - 08:32 AM]
Night 2 "Bachelor in Paradise" 2-Night Event Holds Steady from Night 1 In Total Viewers and Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for Tuesday, August 26.

[08/27/14 - 08:31 AM]
El Rey Network and Mark Burnett's One Three Media Announce Production Start on "Lucha Underground"
The character-driven, freestyle wrestling series is set to debut Wednesday, October 8 at 8:00/7:00c.

[08/27/14 - 08:31 AM]
Bounce TV Announces Bounce TV Summer Music Festival 2014
Perennial R&B powerhouse Maze featuring Frankie Beverly and Grammy(R)-Award winning great Patti LaBelle will headline the 11-city tour which launches in Dallas on August 29.

[08/27/14 - 08:13 AM]
Relive the Craziest Moments in "Ink Master" History and Vote on the Most Insane Moment During "You Choose Live" Before Season Five Premiere
"You Choose Live" telecasts immediately before the season five premiere of "Ink Master," airing Tuesday, September 2.

[08/27/14 - 08:07 AM]
American Heroes Channel Presents World Television Premiere of Critically Acclaimed Documentary Film "The Hornet's Nest" on Thursday, September 11 at 9/8c
The film follows Emmy Award-winning journalists Mike Boettcher and his son, Carlos Boettcher, as they are embedded with U.S. forces fighting on the front lines in Afghanistan.

[08/27/14 - 08:04 AM]
Three Episodes of Cinemax Series "The Knick" to Be Presented on HBO on Labor Day
Following a hiatus this week, "The Knick" returns with new episodes on Friday, September 5 at 10:00/9:00c.

[08/27/14 - 06:04 AM]
Amazon to Debut Jill Soloway's Highly-Anticipated Dark Comedy "Transparent" on September 26 in the US and UK
Jeffrey Tambor, Judith Light, Gaby Hoffmann, Amy Landecker and Jay Duplass star in the 10-episode series.

[08/27/14 - 06:00 AM]
Fan Favorite Chris Soules Searches for Love Again on ABC's Hit Romance Reality Series, "The Bachelor," When It Returns to ABC in January 2015
Soules, the stylish farmer from Iowa, was sent home by Andi Dorfman on "The Bachelorette."

[08/26/14 - 03:03 PM]
Video: Two New Teasers for "American Horror Story: Freak Show"
Get your first taste of the franchise's newest installment, premiering Wednesday, October 8 at 10:00/9:00c on FX.

[08/26/14 - 02:26 PM]
2015 NBC Sports Group NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series Schedules Announced
NBC's coverage of the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series begins Sunday, July 5 with flag-to-flag coverage from Daytona in primetime, while Nationwide Series coverage begins Saturday, July 4.