[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[08/25/16 - 11:50 AM]
Ann Coulter, Jewel, Ralph Macchio, Nikki Glaser Added to #LoweRoast Roster
They'll join Jimmy Carr, Pete Davidson, Peyton Manning, Rob Riggle, Jeff Ross and Roast Master David Spade.

[08/25/16 - 11:38 AM]
Real Estate/Renovation Stars Dave and Kortney Wilson Prep for Season Two of HGTV's "Masters of Flip"
Look for the first of 14 new episodes on Monday, October 3, at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/25/16 - 11:01 AM]
Video: IFC Releases First Full Trailer for the "Season 51" Return of Emmy-Nominated "Documentary Now!"
As previously announced, the series returns Wednesday September 14 at 10:00/9:00c.

[08/25/16 - 11:00 AM]
"CBS All Access" Subscription Service Now Available on Xbox One
For $5.99 a month, CBS All Access offers more than 7,500 on-demand episodes from the current season and previous seasons of classic shows, as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live in more than 150 markets across the U.S.

[08/25/16 - 10:44 AM]
HBO's "The Night Of" Heads Into Finale with Strong Momentum Averaging 7 Million Viewers
HBO spins the numbers for the summer to date.

[08/25/16 - 10:02 AM]
FYI Greenlights New Original Series "Stove Tots"
Production begins immediately on 13 one-hour episodes with the series slated to premiere in 2017.

[08/25/16 - 10:01 AM]
IFC's Comedy Crib Partners with the New York Television Festival
The exclusive Comedy Crib collaboration will highlight the selected projects through the end of the year.

[08/25/16 - 10:00 AM]
HBO Confirms Lineup of Comedy Programming for Upcoming Months
Highlights include new specials from Jerrod Carmichael, Pete Holmes and T.J. Miller.

[08/25/16 - 09:34 AM]
Showtime(R) Sets Premiere Date for "Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee"
Oscar nominee and two-time Sundance Film Festival winner Nanette Burstein delivers a deep investigation into the mysterious life of visionary anti-virus entrepreneur John McAfee.

[08/25/16 - 09:33 AM]
History(R) Commemorates the 15th Anniversary of the September 11th Terrorist Attacks with a Week of Original Primetime Specials
A new special, "15 Septembers Later," will premiere on Labor Day, Monday, September 5 at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/25/16 - 09:24 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC, "Got Talent" Seal Another Victory
The Peacock continues its win streak among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[08/25/16 - 09:00 AM]
"ACM Honors" Performers Added - Alicia Keys, Miranda Lambert and More!
Plus: Mike Fisher, Emmylou Harris, Martina McBride and Thomas Rhett will present at the ceremony taking place Tuesday, August 30, at Nashville's historic Ryman Auditorium.

[08/25/16 - 08:43 AM]
Adventurer Josh Gates Embarks on an Epic Mission to Tackle the Age-Old Question: Is the Yeti Real?
In Travel Channel's four-week special event, adventurer and explorer Josh Gates embarks on an epic and enthralling journey through Nepal and Bhutan, in search of the truth behind the legend.

[08/25/16 - 08:03 AM]
Bravo Media's New Real Estate Series "Yours, Mine or Ours" Premieres Monday, October 3 at 10 PM ET/PT
Bravo Media enlists boisterous real estate agent Reza Farahan and interior designer and decorator Taylor Spellman to help couples, living under separate roofs, figure out which residence they should call home.

[08/25/16 - 08:01 AM]
Amazon Original Live-Action American Girl Special "Melody" Casts Marsai Martin in Lead Role
Executive produced by Common, Melody will also star Frances Fisher as Miss Abbot, Frankie Faison as Melody's grandfather Frank Ellison, and Idara Victor as Melody's mother Frances Ellison.