[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[07/03/15 - 08:54 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Original Showdown with "Big Brother"
The Eye leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[07/03/15 - 08:30 AM]
"Food Fighters" Ties for #2 in Its Time Period Among the Big 4 Networks in Adults 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, July 2.

[07/02/15 - 03:51 PM]
FOX Bursts Into San Diego Comic-Con with World Premiere Screenings and Panel Debuts of "Scream Queens," "Minority Report" and "Lucifer"
Panels for "Lucifer," "Minority Report" and "Bob's Burgers" will kick things off on Friday, July 10.

[07/02/15 - 01:59 PM]
Discovery Channel Delivers All New Digital Content and Social Media Action During "Shark Week 2015"
Sharkopedia - Discovery's ultimate digital guide to all things shark - makes its online debut this year.

[07/02/15 - 11:49 AM]
FOX Sports Expands FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 Coverage with 30 Hours of Added Programming
Said additions include expanded pre- and post-game coverage of the championship match, a pair of marathons showcasing the U.S. Women's National Team's dramatic run to the final and more.

[07/02/15 - 11:06 AM]
The Biting Snark Continues on WE tv - Network's Second Annual "Snark Week" Featuring the Snarkiest Personalities and Shows Returns July 6-10
This year's on-air celebration includes biting one-liners from new episodes of WE tv's original series "Braxton Family Values," "Cutting It: In the ATL" and "Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars."

[07/02/15 - 10:33 AM]
ABC's "The Chew" to Broadcast from the 20th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Emmy-winning lifestyle series will tape five shows on October 7-9 to air during the week of October 12-16.

[07/02/15 - 10:18 AM]
Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers Rank #1 for the Late-Night Second Quarter vs. Their ABC-CBS Competition in All Key Measures
NBC spins the late-night numbers for the second quarter of 2015.

[07/02/15 - 10:00 AM]
Donald Glover Pilot "Atlanta" Casts Its Leads as Production Gets Underway
Brian Tyree Henry, Lakeith Lee Stanfield and Zazie Beetz will co-star while Hiro Murai is set to direct.

[07/02/15 - 09:46 AM]
Season Three Premieres of the Hit Dramas "Ray Donovan" and "Masters of Sex" Are Available for Early Sampling
Viewers can sample the TV-14 rated premieres of both episodes for free now on YouTube and SHO.com.

[07/02/15 - 09:12 AM]
"Nightline" Wins 2Q15 in Total Viewers For Second Year in a Row, Leading in Four of the Last Five Quarters
ABC spins the late-night numbers for the second quarter of 2015.

[07/02/15 - 08:52 AM]
A+E Networks(R) Launches Lifetime(R) Movie Club(TM)
The subscription video service comes in time for the 25-year anniversary of Lifetime Movies and is available exclusively on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch at launch.

[07/02/15 - 08:42 AM]
NBC Encores Tie for the Wednesday Win Among the Big 4 in 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Wednesday, July 1.

[07/02/15 - 08:40 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS, FOX & NBC All Share Demo Crown
The Eye's "Big Brother" is the night's top program among adults 18-49.

[07/02/15 - 07:48 AM]
FOX Sports Names John Strong Lead Play-By-Play Voice for CONCACAF Gold Cup Coverage
The U.S. team enters the region's biennial championship coming off huge away wins over European powerhouse Netherlands and World Champion Germany, and FOX Sports televises every match.