[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[12/02/16 - 01:03 PM]
"Saturday Night Live" Celebrates the Holiday Season with Three Back-to-Back Shows
John Cena and Casey Affleck will follow the previously announced Emma Stone.

[12/02/16 - 01:03 PM]
Animal Planet Highlights One Organization's Mission to Protect and Rescue Animals in New Series "The Guardians"
In this all-new series, Animal Planet introduces this volunteer-run organization called Guardians of Rescue and follows its quest to help any animal in need - anywhere, anytime.

[12/02/16 - 12:00 PM]
Beloved Actress Betty White to Be "Young & Hungry" with a Guest Star Role on Freeform's Original Comedy
White will play Ms. Wilson, Gabi's neighbor who she encounters after a misunderstanding with Josh leaves Gabi confused about what to do.

[12/02/16 - 11:38 AM]
"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Hits Series Highs in The CW's #DCWeek Finale
The CW spins the numbers for Thursday, December 1.

[12/02/16 - 11:28 AM]
E!'s New Docu-Series "So Cosmo" - Set at the Glamorous Epi-center of Pop Culture, Cosmopolitan Magazine - Premieres Wed., Feb. 8 at 8 PM ET/PT
Plus: look for a preview special on Tuesday, December 20 at 8:00/7:00c.

[12/02/16 - 11:00 AM]
Freeform Shares Their Holiday Spirit with Annual Gift-giving Initiative Pop Up Santa and Holiday-themed Shorts "Funny Or Die Presents Santa's Shorts"
All of these jolly holiday moments can be seen during "25 Days of Christmas" airing December 1 - 25, on the Freeform app and on 25DaysofChristmasTV.com.

[12/02/16 - 10:44 AM]
TBS Heads into "Final Space" with New Animated Comedy from Olan Rogers
Part of TBS's continued push into animation, "Final Space" is a serialized intergalactic space saga about an astronaut named Gary and his adorable, planet-destroying friend, Mooncake.

[12/02/16 - 09:58 AM]
AMC Releases First Look Photos from Season Two of "Into the Badlands"
The 10 episode second season will debut in March of 2017.

[12/02/16 - 09:30 AM]
Video: Craving More "Comedy Bang! Bang!"? Watch Four Never-Before-Seen Clips on IFC.com!
After 110 episodes of top-notch couch guests and wildly unpredictable interviews by host Scott Aukerman, the series is coming to an end after five "slightly off" seasons.

[12/02/16 - 09:16 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Charts with "Thursday Night Football"
The Peacock eclipses the competition among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[12/02/16 - 08:10 AM]
"The Handmaid's Tale" First Look Photos
Elisabeth Moss, Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne Strahovski and Samira Wiley co-star in the drama, premiering in April.

[12/02/16 - 07:27 AM]
American Heroes Channel Commemorates the 75th Anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor with Premiere of "Pearl Harbor: The Heroes Who Fought Back"
The one-hour special premieres Wednesday, December 7 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[12/02/16 - 06:53 AM]
HGTV's "Fixer Upper" Season Four Scores Its Highest-Rated Premiere Ever
HGTV spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 29.

[12/01/16 - 01:09 PM]
OWN's Hit Tyler Perry Drama "The Haves and the Have Nots" Returns with All-New Episodes This January
The series returns for season four with all-new episodes on Tuesday, January 3 at 9:00/8:00c.

[12/01/16 - 12:19 PM]
"Arrow" Shoots to Season Highs as #DCWeek Continues
The CW spins the numbers for Wednesday, November 30.