[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[07/29/15 - 02:18 PM]
Through the Eyes of the Spies: New Documentary Reveals a Unique Perspective on the Life of Fidel Castro
"Castro: The World's Most Watched Man" will premiere on AHC in 4Q 2015 and on Discovery Networks International's factual channels in more than 220 countries and territories this fall.

[07/29/15 - 01:42 PM]
ABC Family to Give Viewers a First Look at "Kevin From Work" on Facebook
The show will premiere on ABC Family on Wednesday, August 12 at 8:00/7:00c with two back-to-back episodes.

[07/29/15 - 01:17 PM]
Travel Channel's "36 Hours" Based on The New York Times' Popular Weekly Column Premieres Monday, August 17th at 8:00PM ET/PT
Co-hosts Kristen Kish and Kyle Martino arrive in a new city each week where they'll have a weekend to meet insiders who will point them to the best restaurants, hot spots and attractions.

[07/29/15 - 12:57 PM]
Discovery Channel's "Alaskan Bush People" Earns Season High and Ranks #1 on All of Television on Friday Night in Persons and Men
Discovery further spins the numbers for Friday, July 24.

[07/29/15 - 12:49 PM]
Grammy(R) and Academy Award(R)-Winning Sensation John Legend and His Get Lifted Production Company to Executive-Produce WGN America's Highly Anticipated Dramatic Thriller, "Underground"
Additionally, Get Lifted will oversee the score, soundtrack and all music aspects of the series.

[07/29/15 - 11:32 AM]
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Announces Fall Premieres
New seasons of "For Better or Worse," "Iyanla: Fix My Life," "Oprah: Where Are They Now?" and "If Loving You is Wrong" will kick things off in September.

[07/29/15 - 11:32 AM]
E! Announces New Series "Hollywood Teen Medium" (Working Title)
Following the life of 19-year old Tyler Henry, the series explores the world of this self-proclaimed clairvoyant medium as he balances his unique abilities with trying to be a regular teenager.

[07/29/15 - 11:01 AM]
Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" Executive Team to Remain with Late-Night Flagship Franchise
"Steve, Jen, Tim, Jill and Adam have been key architects of 'The Daily Show's' success, and we are excited that they will continue at the core of the creative team working with Trevor Noah as the show evolves," said Michele Ganeless.

[07/29/15 - 10:29 AM]
"The Men in Blazers Show" Season Premiere This Mon., Aug. 3 at 11 P.M. ET on NBCSN
The season premiere of the 30-minute show will feature NBC Sports Group's Premier League analysts Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe, hosts of The 2 Robbies "Football" Show on NBC Sports Radio, as they preview the 2015-16 season.

[07/29/15 - 10:08 AM]
Nat Geo WILD Highlights the Importance of Big Cat Awareness with Full Lineup of World Lion Day Programming, Aug. 10
The network's programming initiative also draws awareness to the National Geographic Society's Big Cats Initiative with public service announcements and on-air promotional attention, kicking off Wednesday, July 29.

[07/29/15 - 10:02 AM]
MTV Announces Season Two Pick-Up for "Scream" During Summer TCA Presentation
Plus: the network sets return dates for "Finding Carter" and "Ridiculousness."

[07/29/15 - 09:45 AM]
HBO Documentary Films Acquires U.S. Rights to Leah Wolchok's "Very Semi-Serious: A Partially Thorough Portrait of New Yorker Cartoonists"
The feature-length documentary debuts Monday, Dec. 7 (9:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT) exclusively on HBO, following a limited theatrical run (Nov. 20-Dec. 3).

[07/29/15 - 09:01 AM]
FX Networks Launches Emojis Based on Hit Original Series
"Archer," "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia," "The Strain," "Man Seeking Woman" and "Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll" are among the initial offerings.

[07/29/15 - 08:40 AM]
"Talent" and "Hollywood Game Night" Are the #1-2 Shows of the Night on the Big 4 in 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Tuesday, July 28.

[07/29/15 - 08:40 AM]
NBC Confirms "Welcome to Sweden" Exit, "Hollywood Game Night" Repeats to Fill Slot
Plus: look for the "Mr. Robinson" one-hour premiere to rebroadcast Sunday, August 9 at 7:00/6:00c.