[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[05/28/15 - 03:00 PM]
ABC Family Casts Jon Cor as Hodge Starkweather for Its Saga Series "Shadowhunters"
Hodge Starkweather is the weapons trainer at the Shadowhunters New York Institute and a former Circle member.

[05/28/15 - 12:31 PM]
Keke Palmer Will Join the Pink Ladies in "Grease: Live" on FOX
In addition, Broadway writers Robert Cary ("Anything but Love," "Ira & Abby") and Jonathan Tolins ("Buyer & Cellar," "The Last Sunday in June") will write the live television adaptation.

[05/28/15 - 12:04 PM]
Crown Media Family Networks & Best Friends Animal Society Commemorate June's Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month on Hallmark Channel's Daytime Lifestyle Program, "Home & Family"
Happy the Cat, a rescue himself and official feline ambassador to Hallmark Channel's Pet Project, will be the face of the month-long stunt and will make a special appearance on "Home & Family."

[05/28/15 - 11:07 AM]
Bakers Battle to Rise to the Top on Food Network's "Cake Wars"
Jonathan Bennett hosts this grueling competition, as the decorated bakers aim to impress master pastry chefs Ron Ben-Israel and Waylynn Lucas, as well as episodic guest judges.

[05/28/15 - 11:00 AM]
AMC's "Hell on Wheels" Season 5 to Premiere Saturday, July 18 at 9:00PM ET/PT
Seven new episodes will air this summer, with the final seven episodes of the series following in 2016.

[05/28/15 - 10:54 AM]
Electus International Signs Multiple Finished Tape Deals for ITV's "Bear Grylls: Mission Survive"
The six episode series, which premiered in the UK in February 2015, is produced by Bear Grylls Ventures, Electus, and betty.

[05/28/15 - 10:52 AM]
The Final Countdown to FIFA Women's World Cup 2015(TM) Has Begun
The campaign marks the crescendo of an unprecedented, company-wide multi-platform marketing initiative that began in 2014.

[05/28/15 - 10:51 AM]
NBC Announces Casting Call for Dorothy in Holiday Production of "The Wiz Live!"
Casting directors will be looking for a young African-American woman between 18-27 years old.

[05/28/15 - 10:45 AM]
"Unraveled" and "I'd Kill for You" Are Back - Hit Peacock Productions Series Return to Investigation Discovery
Both series are set to premiere in 2016.

[05/28/15 - 10:19 AM]
The Return of WE tv's "Braxton Family Values" Delivers 1.8 Million Total Viewers and a Series High Among Adults and Women 25-54
WE tv further spins the numbers for Thursday, May 21.

[05/28/15 - 10:06 AM]
"The Big Bang Theory" Goes Stratospheric for STEM Scholars
In the first-ever university scholarship at UCLA created by and named for a television series, "The Big Bang Theory" and the Chuck Lorre Family Foundation have established The Big Bang Theory Scholarship Endowment.

[05/28/15 - 10:05 AM]
"Lauren Lake's Paternity Court" Begins Third Season of Production in Atlanta
"With the series receiving ratings highs this season, I'm ecstatic to be returning to Atlanta for our third season to help people resolve their legal paternity issues," said Lauren Lake.

[05/28/15 - 09:31 AM]
Spike TV's "Catch a Contractor" Returns for a Third Season of Exposing Crooked Contractors on Sunday, June 21 at 10PM ET/PT
This season not only sets out to aid 10 new families in grim living circumstances, but also gives viewers a never-before-seen glimpse behind the scenes of the tense sting operations and the meticulous coordination needed to nab these deceitful conmen.

[05/28/15 - 09:23 AM]
Oxygen Media Launches New Online Destination "Very Real" as a One-Stop Shop for Millennial Women
"Very Real" will be home to digital content including shareable videos, in-depth features, blogs, quizzes, listicles and more.

[05/28/15 - 09:22 AM]
Video: Comedy Central Sets Premiere Date for "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah"
Trevor Noah starts his new job on Monday, September 28.