[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[12/19/14 - 12:47 PM]
"Whale Wars" Returns to Animal Planet January 2 with a World Premiere Three-Hour Event
Under legal siege, Captain Paul Watson is forced to hand the mission over to youthful veteran Peter Hammarstedt following a ruling from the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.

[12/19/14 - 11:58 AM]
Velocity and Discovery Channel Announce the On Air Team for Barrett-Jackson Live
Coverage begins Tuesday, January 13 from 6-8 PM ET on Discovery Channel and continues through Sunday, January 18 from 2-7 PM ET on Velocity.

[12/19/14 - 10:12 AM]
"Night Will Fall," Revealing the Untold Story of a 1945 Film Detailing Concentration-Camp Atrocities, Debuts Jan. 26, Exclusively on HBO
The film juxtaposes horrific raw footage and scenes from the 1945 documentary with insights from the survivors, the soldiers who liberated them and the filmmakers who recorded these appalling images.

[12/19/14 - 10:02 AM]
USA Network Announces Series Pick-Up for New Drama "Mr. Robot"
The series stars Rami Malek, Christian Slater, Portia Doubleday, Carly Chaikin and Martin Wallstrom.

[12/19/14 - 10:02 AM]
Starz Releases New Video and Image from "Outlander"
The release is part of Starz's 25 Days of #OutlanderOfferings that has been giving fans something extra special for the holidays to get them through the #Droughtlander.

[12/19/14 - 10:00 AM]
AMC Casts International Film Star Daniel Wu as Lead of "Badlands" (WT)
The series tells the story of a ruthless, well-trained warrior named Sunny (Wu) and a young boy who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.

[12/19/14 - 09:20 AM]
"@midnight" Moves to 11:30 p.m. for Two Weeks Only; Comedy Central Premieres "Ari Shaffir: Paid Regular" and "This Is Not Happening" in January
The premiere episode of "This Is Not Happening" will be available on Amazon Instant Video on January 12 and in the Comedy Central App on January 13.

[12/19/14 - 08:41 AM]
"The People Magazine Awards" Generates NBC's Biggest Audience in Its Slot, Excluding "Peter Pan Live!" and NFL, Since October 23
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, December 18.

[12/19/14 - 08:39 AM]
Emmy(R)-Winning Series "Banshee" Returns for Third Season Jan. 9, Exclusively on Cinemax
New guest stars this season include Denis O'Hare, Chaske Spencer, Tom Pelphrey and Meaghan Rath.

[12/19/14 - 08:25 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: Comedies Power CBS to Top Spot
A repeat "The Big Bang Theory" and a new "Mom" lead the night among adults 18-49.

[12/19/14 - 08:08 AM]
Season Two of "My Big Redneck Family" Premieres Saturday, January 17 at 9 P.M., ET/PT
Tom Arnold is back to host the 13-episode second season as this lovable gang faces more parenting problems, marital misadventures and questionable career moves than ever before.

[12/19/14 - 08:03 AM]
First-Time People's Choice Award Nominee Iggy Azalea and Last Year's People's Choice Award Winner Fall Out Boy to Perform at "People's Choice Awards 2015"
They will join the lineup with recently announced performers Lady Antebellum.

[12/19/14 - 08:00 AM]
FOX's TV Everywhere Content Now Available to More Than 20 Million DirecTV Customers Nationwide
In addition, DirecTV will make the feeds of FX, FXX, FS1, FS2, National Geographic Channel and Nat Geo WILD available for out-of-home streaming on the DirecTV Everywhere platform.

[12/19/14 - 07:28 AM]
Travel Channel's Andrew Zimmern Gives Viewers a Tasty Look at Foods That Define Global Locations on New Series "Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations"
The 13-episode series, an extension of the popular "Bizarre Foods" franchise, takes viewers on an international journey to iconic cities around the world for a taste of their quintessential, not-to-be missed dishes.

[12/19/14 - 07:00 AM]
BBC America's "Broadchurch" Premiere Date Change
Season two will now premiere Wednesday, March 4 at 10:00/9:00c.