[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[09/19/14 - 02:43 PM]
"Thursday Night Football" on CBS and NFL Network Wins in Primetime with Viewers and Ratings
CBS spins the numbers for Thursday, September 18.

[09/19/14 - 02:22 PM]
Statement from E! Regarding "Fashion Police"
"We decided, with Melissa Rivers' blessing, that Joan would have wanted the franchise to continue," the network said. "Fashion Police will return in 2015 commencing with Golden Globes coverage on Monday, January 12."

[09/19/14 - 11:03 AM]
Get Ready for an "Awkward" Binge Sesh When MTV Airs the Hit Series in Its Entirety Beginning on Monday, September 22 at 8:30 AM ET/PT
Said marathon concludes with the premiere of the second-half of season 4 on Tuesday, September 23 at 10:00/9:00c.

[09/19/14 - 11:00 AM]
"Justified" Arrests Sam Elliott and Garret Dillahunt
The series returns for its sixth and final season in January 2015.

[09/19/14 - 10:06 AM]
"CMT Instant Jam: Kenny Chesney" Premieres Saturday, September 27 at 10 P.M., ET/PT
Viewers can get a sneak peek of Chesney's "American Kids" performance exclusively on the CMT Artists App beginning tomorrow morning at 11:30 a.m. ET.

[09/19/14 - 09:15 AM]
Cartoon Network's Hit Series "Regular Show" Is Back for a Not-So-Regular Sixth Season Premiering Thursday, October 9 at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT)
The Emmy-winning series was created by JG Quintel and produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

[09/19/14 - 08:40 AM]
"The Biggest Loser" Ranks as the #1 Non-Sports Telecast on the Big 4 Last Night in Every Key Measure
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, September 18.

[09/19/14 - 08:31 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Dominates with "Thursday Night Football"
The Eye easily wins the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[09/19/14 - 08:01 AM]
"The Graham Norton Show" Returns to BBC America Saturday, October 4, 11:00 PM ET
In the premiere episode, Denzel Washington, Peter Capaldi and Gemma Arterton will join each other on Graham's infamous orange sofa.

[09/19/14 - 07:42 AM]
CNBC's "The Filthy Rich Guide" Series Premiere on Wednesday, October 8 at 10PM ET/PT
The five-episode series is "a fun, fast-paced guide that catalogues the ways in which the .01 percent spend their money."

[09/18/14 - 04:56 PM]
Fall Premiere of OWN's "For Better or Worse" Delivers 1.2 Million Viewers
OWN spins the numbers for Wednesday, September 17.

[09/18/14 - 02:50 PM]
"90 Day Fiance" - TLC's #1 New Series of 2014 - Returns October 19, 2014
In the second season, six new couples decide to take a chance on love and bring their spouses-to-be stateside.

[09/18/14 - 01:17 PM]
NBC Announces Partnership and Integration with Nissan as Exclusive Automotive Sponsor of Emmy Award-Winning Hit "The Voice"
"The Voice Official App" will further enhance the viewer experience across the show from the blind auditions, battles, knockouts all the way to the live playoffs as well as giving fans, for the first time, the ability to use the app to vote for their favorite artists live during the broadcast of the show.

[09/18/14 - 01:15 PM]
Hallmark Channel's "Cedar Cove" Ranks #1 in Primetime Among Households, Women 25-54, and Total Viewers in Live+3 Performance
The Hallmark Channel spins the numbers for Saturday, September 13.

[09/18/14 - 01:06 PM]
National Spotlight Shines on Jeter's Final Series on FOX; Pirates' Playoff Push on FOX Sports 1 to End MLB Regular Season
Today, FOX Sports announced unprecedented, side-by-side national coverage of Major League Baseball's final regular season Saturday with two compelling games side-by-side on the FOX broadcast network and FOX Sports 1.