[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[02/11/16 - 02:49 PM]
FOX Sports Secures National Television Rights to Titans of Mavericks Big Wave Surfing Event
"This winter has already seen some of the biggest waves ridden around the world," says Melissa Forman.

[02/11/16 - 02:33 PM]
CMT's "Party Down South" Boosts Thursday Night Programming Block with Strong Premiere and Double-Digit Growth in Week 2
CMT further spins the numbers for Thursday, January 28 and Thursday, February 4.

[02/11/16 - 01:51 PM]
AMC Orders New Late-Night Talk Show, "Geeking Out" (Working Title)
The 30-minute show will take a timely look at pop culture through a fanboy lens and feature talk, clips, celebrity interviews and out-of-the-studio segments.

[02/11/16 - 01:28 PM]
Video: "Silicon Valley" - Season 3 Tease (HBO)
The pay channel releases the first tease for the new season, premiering Sunday, April 24.

[02/11/16 - 01:13 PM]
The CW Sets Upcoming Premiere Dates and Returns
Highlights include the premiere of "Containment" (Tuesday, April 19) and the return of "Reign" (Monday, April 25) and "Beauty and the Beast" (Thursday, June 2).

[02/11/16 - 01:09 PM]
History's Epic Event Series "Roots" Set to Premiere on Memorial Day 2016
"Roots" will be simulcast on A&E and Lifetime, in addition to History.

[02/11/16 - 11:40 AM]
HGTV "Fixer Upper" Crushed Cable Ratings Among P25-54 and W25-54 on Tuesday Night
HGTV spins the numbers for Tuesday, February 9.

[02/11/16 - 11:36 AM]
Hulu Acquires Exclusive Streaming Rights to Syfy's "12 Monkeys" in New Deal with NBCUniversal
Through the deal, Hulu acquires a full library of programming for series "Battlestar Galactica" and "Saved by the Bell," which are available to stream now.

[02/11/16 - 11:20 AM]
Animal Planet's "Insane Pools: Off the Deep End" Transforms Boring Pools Into Backyard Paradises
This season, the team dives into a slew of firsts, including some of their biggest builds, new locations and extreme, never-before-attempted creations.

[02/11/16 - 11:08 AM]
"The Willis Family" Returns to TLC with a Music and Family-Filled Second Season
The Willis are back with an all-new type of balancing act as they swap life on the road for their home in Nashville in the new season premiering on Tuesday, March 15.

[02/11/16 - 11:01 AM]
"LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures" Is Coming to Disney XD this Summer
The fun-filled adventure comedy series will introduce all-new heroes and villains in exciting adventures with many familiar Star Wars characters.

[02/11/16 - 10:05 AM]
FYI(TM) Premieres New Original Series "Bride & Prejudice" Tuesday, March 8 at 9PM ET/PT
The series follows three star-crossed couples who desperately want to get married, but whose prejudiced family members do not approve of their unions.

[02/11/16 - 10:01 AM]
Multiple Grammy Award Winners Yolanda Adams and Michael W. Smith to Perform on "The Passion"
Adams will kick off the show with a special live performance and Smith has been tapped for a role as one of Jesus' disciples.

[02/11/16 - 09:51 AM]
Spike's "Bar Rescue" Celebrates 100th Episode on Sunday, March 6 at 9/8c
For said installment, Jon Taffer heads to a Minneapolis, MN suburb to settle the score between two feuding bar owners at Mac & Chester's and SRO.

[02/11/16 - 09:31 AM]
Disney Junior's "Doc McStuffins" to Feature Adoption Storyline When the McStuffins Family Welcomes a Baby This Spring
"Doc McStuffins" has been lauded globally for its imaginative storytelling about a young girl who aspires to be a doctor like her mom and runs a clinic for stuffed animals and toys.