[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[01/27/15 - 09:01 AM]
Duggar Family Continues to Grow with New Additions to the Family in Season Nine of "19 Kids & Counting"
The series returns to TLC with all-new episodes airing Tuesdays beginning February 17 at 9:00/8:00c.

[01/27/15 - 08:49 AM]
"48 Hours: Kiss of Death and the Google Executive" Is Saturday's #1 Program with Viewers
CBS spins the numbers for Saturday, January 24.

[01/27/15 - 08:45 AM]
"The Celebrity Apprentice" Matches the Highest 18-49 Rating Among 12 Telecasts in Its Prior Cycle
NBC spins the numbers for Monday, January 26.

[01/27/15 - 08:39 AM]
National Signing Day: ESPNU to Televise Marathon Coverage for 10th Straight Year
Additionally, comprehensive coverage will be available across ESPN's various platforms including ESPN, SEC Network, Longhorn Network, ESPN.com's Recruiting Nation, ESPN3 and ESPN Audio.

[01/27/15 - 08:34 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, "The Bachelor" Win Tight Demo Race
Plus: "Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials 2015" on CBS is the night's most-watched program.

[01/27/15 - 08:31 AM]
ABC Wins Monday in Adults 18-49 with "The Bachelor" as the Night's No. 1 Show
ABC spins the numbers for Monday, January 26.

[01/27/15 - 08:15 AM]
Comedy Central Launches Discover Comedy Central on Snapchat as One of Eleven Select Media Partners
Discover Comedy Central on Snapchat will provide a new avenue to be creative, build the Comedy Central brand, and reach new audiences by telling and sharing stories on a daily basis.

[01/27/15 - 07:53 AM]
Food Network Launches New "Discover Food Network" Channel on Snapchat
The service, which launches today, will be available to Snapchat's millions of dedicated users around the world.

[01/27/15 - 07:04 AM]
LPGA, Golf Channel and NBC Announce 2015 LPGA Tournament Television Schedule
Golf Channel kicks off its 2015 LPGA tournament coverage Wednesday at the season-opening Coates Golf Championship Presented by R&L Carriers, taking place at Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club in Ocala, Florida.

[01/27/15 - 07:02 AM]
The Sexiest Swim Show of the Year, "The Victoria's Secret Swim Special," Premieres Thursday, Feb. 26, On the CBS Television Network
With exclusive access to the models as they tackle jungle treks, underwater shoots and overcome personal fears, the special gives unique insight into their character and life stories.

[01/27/15 - 06:23 AM]
Ovation TV Celebrates Johnny Cash's Birthday on February 26 with a Marathon of Documentaries and Films Celebrating His Legacy
The channel will feature a marathon of insightful documentaries that focus on Cash's life, his biggest hits, and the making of the iconic album Folsom Prison Blues, as well as the concert film of his history-making performance at San Quentin Prison.

[01/27/15 - 06:01 AM]
"Let It Go" Oscar(R)-Winning Team Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez Write Original Musical Number for Oscar Host Neil Patrick Harris
Harris made the initial announcement on his Twitter account, posting the network's first tweet using its new mobile video camera feature.

[01/26/15 - 05:48 PM]
Nick Jonas Joins the Killer Cast of FOX's Upcoming Comedy-Horror Anthology Series, "Scream Queens"
He'll join the previously cast Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, Joe Manganiello, Lea Michele, Abigail Breslin, Keke Palmer and Ariana Grande.

[01/26/15 - 05:13 PM]
Super Bowl Week Gets an Injection of Wit - David Feherty Style - With Back-to-Back Nights of "Feherty Live" Stage Performances from Phoenix
Both shows also will air live on Golf Channel and stream live on the Golf Live Extra app.

[01/26/15 - 12:42 PM]
3.3 Million Total Viewers Sign Up for "Sons of Liberty"
History spins the numbers for Sunday, January 25.