[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[02/27/15 - 08:46 AM]
Despite Special Competition from the "Murder" Season Finale, "Blacklist" Grows 6% Week to Week
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, February 26.

[02/27/15 - 08:27 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: "How to Get Away with Murder" Powers Demo Victory for ABC
The Alphabet leads the night among adults 18-49 while CBS is the most-watched network.

[02/27/15 - 06:16 AM]
"Transformers Rescue Bots" Are Back! New Episodes Premiere on Discovery Family Channel Starting Saturday, February 28 at 1:30 PM EST
Join Optimus Prime and the rest of the Rescue Bots - Heatwave, Chase, Boulder and Blades - as they team up with the Burns, a family of first responders, to keep peace and safety in the city.

[02/26/15 - 01:41 PM]
ABC's Primetime Grows the Most During the 2015 February Sweep, Winning Monday, Thursday and Friday During the Month in Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for the February sweeps period.

[02/26/15 - 01:24 PM]
Daytona 500 Bounces Back & Daytona Speedweeks Viewership Up on FOX Sports 1
FOX Sports spins the numbers for its NASCAR coverage to date this season.

[02/26/15 - 01:05 PM]
The "Supergirl" Cast Adds Two New Members - Chyler Leigh & David Harewood
They'll play Alexandra "Alex" Danvers and Hank Henshaw, respectively.

[02/26/15 - 12:57 PM]
The Dysfunctional Dollanganger Saga Returns to Lifetime(R) with Premieres of Original Movies "If There Be Thorns" on April 5 and "Seeds of Yesterday" on April 12
The film adapt the final two novels in V.C. Andrews' iconic series about the Dollanganger family.

[02/26/15 - 12:33 PM]
ESPN's 20th Season of Major League Soccer
This season's coverage will feature a new consistent "MLS Soccer Sunday" match window: Sundays at 5 p.m. ET.

[02/26/15 - 12:17 PM]
WGN America Unveils Provocative "Salem" Key Art for Season Two
Season two of "Salem" will debut on Sunday, April 5 at 10:00/9:00c.

[02/26/15 - 11:30 AM]
CBS Announces Summer 2015 Slate
Scripted dramas "Under the Dome," "Extant" and "Zoo" are all on tap, as is a new season of "Big Brother."

[02/26/15 - 11:22 AM]
Animal Planet's "Ice Cold Gold" Returns for an Arctic-Cold Season Thursday, March 5, At 10 PM ET/PT
At the beginning of this 12-episode season, the miners are greeted with devastating news: the government sets new restrictions and takes their 13-million-dollar ruby deposit.

[02/26/15 - 10:56 AM]
ABC to Broadcast the Easter Classic Cecil B. DeMille's "The Ten Commandments" Easter Sunday, April 5
The legendary Cecil B. DeMille film from 1956 was an annual tradition for many families who gathered to watch the story of Moses every Easter.

[02/26/15 - 10:34 AM]
"The Tonight Show" Scores Highest 18-49 and Total Viewers in 11 Months for Week of Feb. 16-20
NBC spins the late-night numbers for the week of February 16-20.

[02/26/15 - 10:27 AM]
Starz Casts Riley Keough in Original Anthology Series "The Girlfriend Experience"
She'll play Christine Reade, a law student at the University of Chicago and an intern at a prestigious law firm, who is intrigued when a friend introduces her to the world of transactional relationships.

[02/26/15 - 09:12 AM]
CBS Scores with Night of Reality Premieres
CBS spins the numbers for Wednesday, February 25.