[06/06/07 - 02:20 PM]
Golden Globe Winner Kyra Sedgwick Joins Bravo's Inside the Actors Studio Monday, June 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT
During her wide-ranging interview with Lipton, Sedgwick reveals what life is like being married to movie star [Kevin Bacon], working with Tom Cruise on "Born on the Fourth Of July," and how she prepared for her role in the hit television series "The Closer," among other topics.

[via press release from Bravo]

GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER KYRA SEDGWICK JOINS BRAVO'S INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO MONDAY, JUNE 11 @ 8 PM ET/PT

www.BravoTV.com Offers Exclusive Bonus Clips "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio"

NEW YORK � June 6, 2007 � Bravo's 12-time Emmy-nominated series, "Inside the Actor's Studio" welcomes Golden Globe winner Kyra Sedgwick to the stage on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Host James Lipton takes an in-depth look at Sedgwick's life and career, discussing the actress's three-pronged profession on the big screen, little screen and on the stage. Viewers can catch "Even More�Inside The Actors Studio" at www.BravoTV.com, for exclusive bonus clips of Sedgwick's interview. Photography is available on Media Village at www.nbcmv.com/bravo.

Following are excerpts from the interview:

ON HER FIRST IMPRESSION OF HUSBAND KEVIN BACON

"I thought he was cocky and unreal and, I thought it was all a front... but for him it was instant lust, he said."

ON THE KEVIN BACON 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION GAME

"I tolerate it."

ON WORKING WITH TOM CRUISE ON "BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY"

"Oh, he was extraordinary. He was a powerhouse. He had more energy than I'd seen from anybody."

ON WHEN SHE KNEW SHE WANTED TO BE AN ACTRESS

"Well, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was in eighth grade and I did "Fiddler On the Roof"�it was as if my soul had come out of my body and was dancing around the room. It was an experience that I'd never had before. It was just pure joy. There was nothing else I wanted to do ever. I knew it."

ON HOW SHE GOT HER ROLE IN "THE CLOSER"

"It came to me kicking and screaming. I didn't want to read something that's good and shoots in LA for six months out of the year. So, I said don't send it. After months I said, all right, send it and it was great."

ON HOW SHE PREPARED TO PLAY A DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE

"I spent a lot of time with a detective at a special homicide division of the L.A.P.D., who is on the set all the time now. I went around with him in his car for a while."

ON HAVING A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AND MARRIAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

"I just think I met the right person, my soul mate, and I think he did too, he makes me laugh, and I love him so much. He's a beautiful human being and we let each other grow. I think that's also a really big part of it, too."

Sedgwick was born in New York and attended private schools. She is a great-granddaughter of Endicott Peabody, the founder of the Groton School, a niece of the writer John Sedgwick, and also a cousin of Edie Sedgwick, a star of Andy Warhol's early films. A graduate of USC, Kyra pursued a career that includes Stage, Screen and Television.

She made her professional acting debut, at 16, on the soap "Another World" (1964). Her first brush with stardom came in "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) as Donna, the high school sweetheart of Tom Cruise. Two of her more acclaimed TV projects were "Lemon Sky," a 1987 drama that also served to introduce her to her future husband Kevin Bacon, who was cast as her half-brother, and 1992's "Miss Rose White," which starred Sedgwick as a Jewish career woman in search of her past. During the 1990s, she appeared in several minor Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About" and "Phenomenon." Two of her roles led to Golden Globe nominations � "Miss Rose White." and "Something to Talk About." Sedgwick scored another "big break" that she would long be remembered for when Cameron Crowe cast her as the female lead in his film "Singles."

In 2005 Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson who runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. In 2007, she received a Golden Globe award for her performance as lead actress in "The Closer."

[june 2007]

· CLOSER, THE (TNT)
· INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO (BRAVO)

[03/29/15 - 09:41 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Viewers, Shares Demo Crown with ABC
"48 Hours" was the night's most-watched program among the broadcast networks.

[03/29/15 - 09:35 AM]
"Saturday Night Live," With Host Dwayne Johnson, Is the #1 Telecast of the Night on the Big 4 Networks in Metered-Market Households and Adults 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Saturday, March 28.

[03/28/15 - 07:56 PM]
Nickelodeon's 28th Annual Kids' Choice Awards Winners
Kids from around the world cast more than 500 million votes, a record-breaking tally.

[03/28/15 - 08:53 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: NCAA Continues Its Reign for CBS
The Eye once again leads the night in total viewers and adults 18-49.

[03/28/15 - 08:36 AM]
"Grimm" Is Currently Reporting Its Top Total-Viewer Result Since January 23
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, March 27.

[03/27/15 - 11:21 PM]
Development Update: Friday, March 27
Updates include: Ernie Hudson bound for "Delores & Jermaine" at ABC; Corbin Bernsen cast in HBO's "Living on Video"; and AMC gives the moniker "Fear the Walking Dead" to the franchise's upcoming spin-off.

[03/27/15 - 01:33 PM]
Video: "The Casual Vacancy" - Trailer (HBO)
Based on the novel by acclaimed author J.K. Rowling, the mini-series premieres Wednesday, April 29 and Thursday, April 30.

[03/27/15 - 01:13 PM]
Bravo Media's "The Millionaire Matchmaker" Earns Highest-Rated Episode of the Season with 2.2 Million Total Viewers
Bravo spins the numbers for Sunday, March 22.

[03/27/15 - 12:31 PM]
Masi Oka to Return as Hiro Nakamura on NBC's "Heroes Reborn"
"I'm excited to return to my 'Heroes' roots," said Oka. "Hiro Nakamura was such an inspirational role to play, and I'm hoping the fans will enjoy seeing him back on TV."

[03/27/15 - 11:38 AM]
The "Comedy Central Roast of Justin Bieber" Premieres on Monday, March 30 at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT on Comedy Central and Online Via CC.com and the Comedy Central App
The global multiplatform comedy event kicks off with "The Roast of Justin Bieber Pre-Show," airing 9:30 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central and simultaneously through the app and cc.com.

[03/27/15 - 11:13 AM]
Showtime Sports(R) to Chronicle the Most Anticipated Event of the Year with "Inside Mayweather vs. Pacquiao"
The first installment kicks off Saturday, April 18 on the cable channel.

[03/27/15 - 11:11 AM]
E!'s "The Royals" Shows Significant Audience Growth in Its Second Week
E! further spins the numbers for Sunday, March 22.

[03/27/15 - 10:37 AM]
Syfy's "Dominion" Adds New Recurring Characters for Season 2
Joining the series' stellar cast are recurring guest stars Nic Bishop, Simon Merrells, Christina Chong, Olivia Mace and Luke Tyler.

[03/27/15 - 10:27 AM]
Video: Starz Releases First Look Live Action Teaser of Original Series "Blunt Talk"
The series will premiere on Starz in the summer of 2015.

[03/27/15 - 10:16 AM]
NBC Goes on 8 "First Dates" as Network Orders Popular U.K. Format to Series
The observational documentary series, from executive producer Ellen DeGeneres and Shed Media, takes a peek at what happens when a couple meets for the first time and love may be in the air.