[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[09/29/16 - 01:47 PM]
Actress Monica Potter Renovates Her Childhood Home in New HGTV Series "Welcome Back Potter"
Premiering on Tuesday, October 11, the series follows Monica, her mom, Nancy, and three outspoken sisters, Jessica, Brigette and Kerry, as they tackle the massive whole-home renovation.

[09/29/16 - 01:10 PM]
ABC Gives Full-Season Orders to "Designated Survivor" and "Speechless"
Nine additional episodes of both series, from Twentieth Century Fox Television and ABC Studios, and The Mark Gordon Company and ABC Studios respectively, have been ordered.

[09/29/16 - 12:01 PM]
Jared Harris Boards AMC's Scripted Anthology "The Terror"
Additional casting includes Ciaran Hinds as Sir John Franklin; Paul Ready as Henry Goodsir; and Adam Nagaitis as Cornelius Hickey.

[09/29/16 - 11:47 AM]
Video: Superhero Fight Club 2.0 Sneak Peek
Check out the heroes of The CW's DC Comics-based TV series.

[09/29/16 - 10:49 AM]
Global Superpowers Stand Off in American Heroes Channel's All-New Series "Cold War Armaggedon"
Premiering Wednesday, October 12, the new eight-part series transports viewers back forty years as the horrors of World War II ended, and a new kind of war began.

[09/29/16 - 08:47 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX Tops Charts with "Empire"
ABC's "Designated Survivor" however is the only series to post year-to-year gains for its network.

[09/29/16 - 08:30 AM]
Freeform Acquires All Five Seasons of "The Mindy Project" - Series Begins Airing on Monday, October 3
Episodes will also be available on the Freeform App on October 3 and will refresh weekly.

[09/29/16 - 08:00 AM]
Season Three of E!'s Scandalous Scripted Drama Series "The Royals" Premieres Sunday, December 4 at 10PM ET/PT
New faces joining the cast this season include series regular Max Brown, reoccurring guest star Jules Knight and guest star Damian Hurley.

[09/29/16 - 07:35 AM]
Logo Breaks Records with Highest Rated Thursday in Network History
Logo further spins the numbers for Thursday, September 22.

[09/29/16 - 07:01 AM]
Sandra Oh Set to Guest Star in a Multi-Episode Arc on the Third Season of ABC's "American Crime"
Set in Alamance County, North Carolina, Oh will play Abby Tanaka, a social worker who runs a local shelter dedicated to housing victims of domestic abuse in the face of community indifference.

[09/29/16 - 06:31 AM]
ABC Announces October Slate for the ABC App, Including First Seasons of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette," and Two New ABCd Comedies
The network is also introducing two new ABCd original short-form comedies, "Broken" and "Serious Music."

[09/28/16 - 02:03 PM]
VH1 and Freeform Acquire All Five Seasons of "The Mindy Project" from NBCUniversal's Universal Television
The show will begin airing on both networks in October and episodes will also be available on the VH1 and Freeform apps.

[09/28/16 - 02:02 PM]
Universal Cable Productions Signs Development Deal with Alfred Hitchcock Estate
"Welcome to Hitchcock" is a new original anthology series will focus on a single season-long mystery or crime in the spirit of the classic Hitchcock style and legacy.

[09/28/16 - 02:00 PM]
"You're the Worst" Picked Up for Fourth Season on FXX
"Expertly written, brilliantly acted, 'You're the Worst' continues to be hilarious and excellent," said Eric Schrier.

[09/28/16 - 01:03 PM]
Bravo Media Serves Up a Double Dose of Sass as "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" and "Married to Medicine" Return on Sunday, November 6
Cynthia Bailey, Kandi Burruss, Kenya Moore, Phaedra Parks, Porsha Williams and Shereè Whitfield are all due back on the former series.