[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[08/29/15 - 08:37 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Climbs to Top Spot with NFL Preseason
Coverage of the Lions at the Jaguars leads the night among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[08/28/15 - 04:35 PM]
"#DanceBattle America," ABC's New Dance Competition Special, Premieres Monday, September 14
Alfonso Ribeiro and Jordin Sparks host the one-hour special, which will follow the season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars."

[08/28/15 - 01:00 PM]
Rowan Blanchard and Paris Berelc Star in the Disney Channel Original Movie "Invisible Sister," Premiering Friday, October 9 on Disney Channel
The film is set to premiere as part of "Monstober," Disney Channel's month-long Halloween-themed programming event.

[08/28/15 - 11:08 AM]
The Might of the Empire Grows and Fan-Favorite Clone Troopers Debut in New Episodes of "Star Wars Rebels" Season 2 Beginning Wednesday, October 14
In "Star Wars Rebels" Season Two, past lives will be revealed and the destiny of our heroes will be changed forever.

[08/28/15 - 10:40 AM]
Christina Applegate to Guest-Star on New Comedy "The Grinder"
Additional guest castings for the new series include Emmanuelle Chriqui and Nat Faxon.

[08/28/15 - 08:47 AM]
"Food Fighters" Matches Its Season High in 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, August 27.

[08/28/15 - 08:38 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: "Big Brother," "Big Bang" Continue Win Streak for CBS
The Eye has won the past 11 Thursdays among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[08/28/15 - 07:05 AM]
USA Network Stars Support No More Campaign to End Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Upcoming "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Marathon on August 30
Aaron Tveit, Gina Torres, John Cena, Mark Feuerstein, Patrick J. Adams, Rami Malek, Sarah Rafferty and Daniel Sunjata are all featured in the 11-episode stunt.

[08/28/15 - 06:17 AM]
Brooke Burke-Charvet Returns as Co-Host for the 95th Anniversary Broadcast of Miss America
She joins previously announced judges Brett Eldredge, Taya Kyle, Kevin O'Leary, Amy Purdy and Zendaya, as well as Nick Jonas who will act as the official music curator of the evening.

[08/27/15 - 05:10 PM]
FOX Gives Midseason Drama "The Frankenstein Code" New Title of "Lookinglass"
The Rob Kazinsky-led drama is due in 2016 on the network.

[08/27/15 - 03:47 PM]
Video: VH1's "Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood" Season 2 Super Trailer
Premiering on Monday, September 7, the new cast is willing to lay it all on the line, striving to leave a permanent mark on the music industry despite sacrifices they may be forced to make.

[08/27/15 - 02:37 PM]
FXX to Air Special Mini-Marathon of "Archer's" Greatest Loves
Sterling Archer is reflecting on some of his greatest loves from the past with a special mini-marathon airing Saturday, September 26 from 10 PM - 1 AM ET/PT.

[08/27/15 - 01:54 PM]
"Compared to What: The Improbable Journey of Barney Frank" Set to Premiere on Friday, October 23rd on Showtime(R)
The film is an intimate, rollicking and entertaining look behind-the-scenes at the public and private life of one of America's greatest and, at times, controversial legislators.

[08/27/15 - 01:36 PM]
TLC Heads Back for a Second Push of "Labor Games"
The season premieres Tuesday, September 15 at 8:00/7:00c with two back-to-back episodes.

[08/27/15 - 01:08 PM]
TV One's "Welcome to the Family" Reunites Half & Half Co-Stars Valarie Pettiford and Telma Hopkins
The film centers on Stella, an internet producer (Kali Hawk), who has to learn how to balance her personal and professional lives.