[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[02/25/17 - 08:43 AM]
ABC Wins Friday with "Shark Tank" as the #1 Show for the 6th Week Running
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, February 24.

[02/25/17 - 08:30 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Edges Out Competition in Adults 18-49
"Shark Tank" sparks another demo victory for the Alphabet.

[02/25/17 - 08:26 AM]
"Grimm" Matches Its 18-49 High Since the Show's Season Premiere
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, February 24.

[02/25/17 - 07:04 AM]
Video: BBC America Releases "Doctor Who" New Companion Trailer
Peter Capaldi (the Doctor) will be joined this season by Pearl Mackie (new companion Bill) and Matt Lucas (assistant Nardole), with guest appearances from David Suchet and Michelle Gomez.

[02/24/17 - 11:46 PM]
Development Update: Friday, February 24
Updates include: Freddie Highmore is ABC's "Good Doctor"; Cress Williams to play title role in The CW's "Black Lightning"; and Matt Czuchry cast in FOX's "The Resident."

[02/24/17 - 04:46 PM]
The Second Season of "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders" Will Premiere Wednesday, March 8
The series will replace newcomer "Doubt" in the 10:00/9:00c hour.

[02/24/17 - 03:13 PM]
Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Warren Beatty, Sofia Boutella, Matt Damon and More Announced as Final Slate of 89th Oscars(R) Presenters
Also on tap: Faye Dunaway, Michael J. Fox, Ryan Gosling, Salma Hayek, Taraji P. Henson, Dev Patel, Seth Rogen, Octavia Spencer, Meryl Streep and Vince Vaughn.

[02/24/17 - 01:09 PM]
E! Exclusive Premiere of "Fifty Shades of Grey" to Air Sunday, March 5 at 7:30 PM ET/PT
The telecast will be followed by the debut of the network's second scripted series "The Arrangement."

[02/24/17 - 11:38 AM]
Platinum-Selling Artists Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello to Perform at "Nickelodeon's 2017 Kids' Choice Awards"
Hosted by WWE Superstar John Cena, the show will air live on Saturday, March 11 from USC's Galen Center in Los Angeles.

[02/24/17 - 10:11 AM]
Animated Adult Television Series "Animals.," Created by Phil Matarese & Mike Luciano, from Duplass Brothers Productions, Returns for Its Second Season March 17, Exclusively on HBO
The series is also available on HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO On Demand and affiliate portals.

[02/24/17 - 10:04 AM]
Video: The Story of "The Handmaid's Tale"
The 10-episode first season premieres Wednesday, April 26 on Hulu.

[02/24/17 - 09:30 AM]
Tracy Morgan Comes to Netflix with All-New Stand-Up Comedy Special Launching Tuesday, May 16th
Tracy Morgan's "Staying Alive" finds the comedy icon exploring his fresh take on life, career and mortality in the wake of surviving a devastating near-fatal traffic collision in 2014.

[02/24/17 - 09:30 AM]
BBC America's London East End Drama, "Ripper Street," Returns for Its Final Season on March 8
The powerful closing chapter picks up mere days after the grisly death of Detective Inspector Bennet Drake, which reunites his old friends, Detective Inspector Edmund Reid, surgeon Captain Homer Jackson and "Long" Susan Hart, to bring his murderer to justice.

[02/24/17 - 08:42 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Hangs Onto Demo Crown
A new "Grey's Anatomy" sparks another victory for the Alphabet among adults 18-49.

[02/24/17 - 08:30 AM]
Showtime(R) Celebrates "Twin Peaks" Day, Unveiling Dual Key Art
One poster depicts Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee), whose mysterious death sparked the "Twin Peaks" saga, while the other showcases series star Kyle MacLachlan as Special Agent Dale Cooper.