[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (BRAVO)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[11/15/19 - 09:01 AM]
Showtime(R) to Air the Television Premiere of Academy Award(R) Winner "Green Book"
The film, featuring Oscar(R) winner Mahershala Ali and Oscar nominee Viggo Mortensen, will air Saturday, December 14 at 9:00/8:00c.

[11/15/19 - 08:30 AM]
Chart-Topping Powerhouse Trio and 2019 AMA Nominees Jonas Brothers Team Up with T-Mobile for Live Performance on the "2019 American Music Awards(R)," Airing Live Sunday, Nov. 24, on ABC
Jonas Brothers join previously announced performers Camila Cabello, Billie Eilish, Selena Gomez, Dua Lipa, Lizzo, Thomas Rhett and Shania Twain, as well as Taylor Swift.

[11/15/19 - 08:12 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: "Thursday Night Football" Continues Its Reign
FOX overshadows the evening in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[11/15/19 - 08:10 AM]
Discovery's "Diesel Brothers" Is Back for a New Season of Super-Sized Firsts When It Debuts December 9
Mondays will be Trucking Huge as "Diesel Brothers" leads into an all new season of "Dirty Mudder Truckers," airing Monday, December 9 at 9:00/8:00c.

[11/15/19 - 06:00 AM]
Disney Channel Launches Digital Open Casting Call for Kids and Teens
The digital casting call, open today, will accept video submissions now through Tuesday, December 31, at www.Disney.com/disneychannelcasting.

[11/14/19 - 04:01 PM]
AMC Releases First Look at Michael Sheen as Chris Tarrant in Three-Part Drama Series "Quiz," Directed by Stephen Frears and Written by James Graham
The image recreates the famous shot of Tarrant arriving to give evidence in the Ingram trial at Southwark Crown Court in March 2003.

[11/14/19 - 03:31 PM]
Billy's Not Done Yet - "Goliath" Will Return for Its Fourth and Final Season to Prime Video
The streaming service confirmed the news on social media this afternoon.

[11/14/19 - 12:35 PM]
Investigation Discovery Exposes the Dark World of the NXIVM Cult in "The Lost Women of NXIVM"
The provocative new two-hour special premieres Sunday, December 8 at 9:00/8:00c.

[11/14/19 - 09:43 AM]
NBC Renews Its Critically Acclaimed and Golden Globe Award-Winning Comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" for an Eighth Season
The news comes in advance of its seventh season beginning on Thursday, February 6.

[11/14/19 - 09:13 AM]
Video: "Sugar Rush Christmas" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Everything you love about "Sugar Rush" - with a holly jolly Christmas twist.

[11/14/19 - 08:30 AM]
Urban One, Inc. Announces a Star-Studded Lineup of Honorees for Urban One Honors: Jamie Foxx, Sylvia Rhone, Missy Elliott and Ryan Jamaal Swain
The two-hour telecast will air on TV One, a division of Urban One, on January 20, the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.

[11/14/19 - 08:24 AM]
Science Channel Turns the Spotlight on the Ancient Kush Empire of Nubia in New Two-Hour Special "Lost Kingdom of the Black Pharaohs" Premiering Sunday, December 1 at 9PM
"This is unique and special program with rare and privileged access, that sets out to right a wrong perpetrated by early archeologists who refused to see or acknowledge the contributions of the black pharaohs to the glory of ancient Egypt," said Neil Laird.

[11/14/19 - 08:09 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "CMA Awards" Put ABC in Front
The Alphabet's annual presentation is on par with a year ago among adults 18-49.

[11/14/19 - 07:37 AM]
Netflix Is Moving Into Local Films from the Nordics
The films "Red Dot" and "Cadaver" will premiere exclusively on Netflix.

[11/14/19 - 06:05 AM]
Video: "6 Underground" Starring Ryan Reynolds - Visit Italy - Netflix
Check out the latest trailer for the feature, due December 13 on the streaming service.