[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[08/22/14 - 02:58 PM]
"The Simpsons" Soars on FXX - Day 1 of 12-Day Marathon Delivers Record-Breaking Numbers for Nascent Channel
FXX spins the numbers for Thursday, August 21.

[08/22/14 - 01:53 PM]
2015 NASCAR Schedule to Be Announced Tuesday at 5 P.M. ET on Special Edition of "NASCAR America" on NBCSN
Host Rick Allen will be joined by NBC Sports Group NASCAR analysts Jeff Burton, Kyle Petty and Frank Stoddard to present the schedule and discuss the selected dates, tracks, and overall 2015 NASCAR calendar.

[08/22/14 - 12:38 PM]
Oscar-Winner Stephen Gaghan to Direct "White City" Pilot for AMC
The project is an adventure story set in the somewhat surreal ex-pat world of near-present Afghanistan, one of the most discussed and least understood places on earth.

[08/22/14 - 11:43 AM]
"Red Band Society" Fans Banded Together to Help FOX Raise $100,000 for Charity Partners and Unlock the Debut Episode
The "Pilot" episode is available now until Tuesday, August 26 at 5:00 PM ET on multiple platforms.

[08/22/14 - 11:30 AM]
A Special "Lost"-Themed Episode of "Phineas and Ferb" to Premiere Monday, September 29 on Disney XD
The episode, titled "Lost in Danville," also guest stars Jane Kaczmarek and Rob Morrow.

[08/22/14 - 11:26 AM]
"Iyanla: Fix My Life Special Report: Healing in Ferguson" to Air Tuesday, August 26 at 9 PM ET/PT on OWN
The special episode of the award-winning series follows ordained minister and spiritual life coach Iyanla Vanzant on an emotional trip to Ferguson, Missouri.

[08/22/14 - 08:59 AM]
Talent Announced for 2014 PaleyFest Fall TV Previews September 6 - 15 at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills
The annual celebration features multiple screenings at the Center's L.A. and N.Y. locations, with L.A. hosting interactive panel conversations at each event.

[08/22/14 - 08:45 AM]
"Welcome to Sweden" Equals Its Top 18-49 Rating Since July 24
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, August 21.

[08/22/14 - 08:39 AM]
Discovery Channel Explores the World of Automotive Auctions in All New Series "Highway to Sell"
Across America, neglected classic cars are waiting to be restored and make their way back onto the street.

[08/22/14 - 08:36 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Rides "Big Brother" to Top Spots
The Eye is the night's most-watched network among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[08/22/14 - 08:19 AM]
ABC's "Rookie Blue" Season Closer Is Up 22% to Tie a Season High and Tops Its Year-Ago Finale
ABC spins the numbers for Thursday, August 21.

[08/22/14 - 07:32 AM]
BBC America and BBC One Announce New Drama Series "The Living and the Dead"
"We are as excited about this show as anything since 'Life on Mars' and 'Ashes to Ashes' - we want it to be moving, tender, sensual... and very, very scary," said Ashley Pharoah and Matthew Graham.

[08/22/14 - 07:15 AM]
Teams Compete to Drive Away with the Grand Prize on New Food Network Series "Food Truck Face Off"
Jesse Palmer hosts the 13-episode series, premiering Thursday, October 2 at 8:00/7:00c.

[08/21/14 - 06:00 PM]
GSN's Third Episode of Body-Painting Competition Show, "Skin Wars," Delivers Series-High Ratings
GSN spins the numbers for Wednesday, August 20.

[08/21/14 - 04:28 PM]
Lifetime's Upcoming Premieres - "The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story", "Girlfriend Intervention", "Kim of Queens", and "Dance Moms: Abby's Studio Rescue"
The latter returns on Tuesday, September 16 at 8:00/7:00c on the cable channel.