[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[06/28/16 - 03:42 PM]
OWN Delivers 2Q 2016 Primetime Growth and Most-Watched Week in Network History
OWN spins the numbers for the quarter to date.

[06/28/16 - 02:37 PM]
Sarah Gadon to Star in Netflix and CBC Miniseries "Alias Grace"
The six-hour miniseries, inspired by the historical true story of convicted murderer Grace Marks, is written and produced by Sarah Polley and directed by Mary Harron.

[06/28/16 - 02:29 PM]
Smithsonian Channel Goes Wild on Wednesdays This Summer with Some of the World's Deadliest Predators
Through five consecutive weeks of one-hour specials, the stunt will span the globe in search of elusive sharks, mighty lizard kings, viper queens, killer hornets and desert lions.

[06/28/16 - 12:31 PM]
Double the Episodes, Double the Surprises on the Second Season of "Cooks vs. Cons"
New episodes begin Sunday, July 10 at 10:00/9:00c on Food Network.

[06/28/16 - 12:16 PM]
Hallmark Channel's Most Recent Original Premiere Marks 4th Consecutive Week with Top HH-Rated Movie of the Week
The Hallmark Channel spins the numbers for the week of June 20-26.

[06/28/16 - 11:18 AM]
All Eyes Were on the 2016 "BET Awards" as 7.2mm Total Viewers Tuned in Across 12 Viacom Networks for the Premiere Telecast on Sunday, June 26
BET spins the numbers for Sunday, June 26.

[06/28/16 - 11:09 AM]
Bravo Media's Lavish Ladies from Down Under Return for a New Season of "The Real Housewives of Melbourne" on Friday, July 22 at 9 PM ET/PT
Newcomer Susie McLean will join returning cast members Chyka Keebaugh, Gamble Breaux, Gina Liano, Jackie Gillies, Janet Roach, Lydia Schiavello and Pettifleur Berenger.

[06/28/16 - 10:54 AM]
"ER Week" Is Back on Discovery Life with Unpredicatble Moments Leading Up to the Premiere of "Trauma Doctors"
These elite doctors take the emergency room to the streets providing on-site medical treatments that are normally only done in hospitals, transforming a patient's chance of survival.

[06/28/16 - 10:50 AM]
ESPN Remembers Legendary Coach Pat Summitt
ESPN Classic will be the home of Tennessee's National Championship title games, where Summitt led the Lady Vols to national titles in 1996, 1997, 1998, 2007 and 2008.

[06/28/16 - 10:35 AM]
U.S. Army Sgt. Elizabeth Marks to Receive Pat Tillman Award for Service at The 2016 ESPYS
Marks is also a member of the 2016 U.S. Paralympics Swimming National Team and is training for the 2016 Paralympic Games taking place in Rio de Janeiro in September.

[06/28/16 - 10:28 AM]
Heartwarming Documentary "Open Your Eyes," Following Nepalese Spouses on a Remarkable Odyssey to Restore Their Sight, Debuts July 18, Exclusively on HBO
The film follows Manisara and Durga, an aging couple from the remote Himalayan Mountains of Nepal, as they embark on a transformative odyssey to regain the sight they lost over the years by undergoing this life-changing procedure.

[06/28/16 - 10:21 AM]
Diane Sawyer Holds Exclusive Interview with Jaycee Dugard, on ABC News' "20/20," Friday, July 8
Sawyer interviewed Dugard in 2011 when she talked about her horrendous experience in captivity for the first time on the eve of the release of her first memoir "A Stolen Life."

[06/28/16 - 09:24 AM]
SundanceTV Greenlights Original Scripted Series "Hap and Leonard" for a Second Season
Plus: John Wirth will join as showrunner and executive producer.

[06/28/16 - 09:06 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC, "American Ninja Warrior" Hold Onto Top Spot
The Peacock leads the night among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[06/28/16 - 09:05 AM]
Fans Can Now Share Adult Swim Themed Images, GIFs, Sounds, and Custom Bumps With New App
The new Adult Swim Keyboard also features sharable soundboards and animated GIFs from the network's colorful show characters.