[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[07/29/16 - 01:03 PM]
National Geographic Channel Greenlights Global Scripted Event Series Based on Martha Raddatz's New York Times Best-Seller, "The Long Road Home"
Screenwriter Mikko Alanne ("The 33") is adapting and also executive producing this epic story of survival for television.

[07/29/16 - 01:02 PM]
National Geographic Channel, Imagine Entertainment and RadicalMedia Redefine Television Storytelling with "Mars" - An Unprecedented Global Event Series
The project premieres on the National Geographic Channel in 171 countries and 45 languages this November.

[07/29/16 - 01:01 PM]
USA Network Sets "Chrisley Knows Best" Mid-Season Return for Tuesday, August 23 with Two New Back-to-Back Episodes
The network previously extended the current season, bringing the total to 26 episodes, and has already announced a pick up for a Season 5, set to air next year.

[07/29/16 - 12:12 PM]
Animal Planet Celebrates "World Lion Day" with a Marathon of Lion Programming on August 10
Highlights include the all-new special "Clash of Africa's Giants," which gives audiences a look inside the lives of one of Africa's growing prides on a quest for survival.

[07/29/16 - 11:45 AM]
FOX Orders Second Season of Competition Series "American Grit"
Season two is currently casting the next group of men and women who are ready to find their inner strength and transform their lives for the better.

[07/29/16 - 11:30 AM]
Video: "Killing Reagan" - Trailer
The National Geographic Channel original movie premieres Sunday October 16 at 9:00/8:00c.

[07/29/16 - 11:02 AM]
Video: Miramax(R) and El Rey Network Release Trailer from Season Three of the El Rey Network Original "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series"
This season the Gecko brothers find themselves in the vortex of the culebra world, thrust into a fight against the forces of Hel as they assemble an unlikely crew to take on the new enemies determined to take them down.

[07/29/16 - 10:33 AM]
"The Circus" Returns This September for the Final Act of the 2016 Election
Sunday night's episode marks the final episode in the series' summer run.

[07/29/16 - 09:26 AM]
El Rey Network Now Available on Verizon Fios
El Rey will be included in the Ultimate, Preferred, Mundo and Mundo Total TV plans on channel 198.

[07/29/16 - 09:07 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS, "Big Brother" Top Charts
The Eye claims the adults 18-49 and the total viewers crown.

[07/29/16 - 08:33 AM]
Family, Food and Fun Rule the Road in Primetime Series "The Great Food Truck Race: Family Face-Off"
The five-episode stunt launches Sunday, August 28 at 9:00/8:00c on Food Network.

[07/29/16 - 08:31 AM]
"Teen Choice 2016" and Rock the Vote Partner to Inspire Teens to Weigh in on Who Should Be the Next President
The results of the youth poll will be revealed during the live broadcast airing this Sunday, July 31 on FOX.

[07/28/16 - 06:45 PM]
TV One Premieres Film Festival Sensation "Jean of the Joneses" on Sunday, October 23 at 7 P.M. ET
The network's latest original movie centers on 25-year-old Jean, portrayed in a break-out performance by Taylour Paige, and her multi-generational, middle-class family of strong-minded yet loving women.

[07/28/16 - 02:30 PM]
Kobe Bryant to Present Decade Award to Justin Timberlake at "Teen Choice 2016," Airing Live This Sunday, July 31, on FOX!
Lea Michele, Sarah Hyland, NE-YO, Chris Evans, Daisy Ridley, Shay Mitchell and Ashley Benson are also among the celebrities scheduled to appear.

[07/28/16 - 01:58 PM]
TV One Delivers a Knockout Punch with New Original Film "Ringside," Premiering Sunday, Sept. 4 at 7 P.M. ET
The film stars Tyler Lepley as undefeated boxer Jaxon Holley and explores the personal battles he faces outside of the ring while preparing for the biggest fight of his career.