[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[04/24/15 - 07:43 PM]
E! Announces New Documentary Series Following Bruce Jenner's Life as a Transgender Woman
The eight-part, one-hour series will premiere Sunday, July 26 at 9:00pm on E! and will also air on the E! channels internationally.

[04/24/15 - 04:25 PM]
Oscar(R) Nominee and Multiple Tony(R) Winner Frank Langella to Return to FX's Peabody Award-Winning Drama "The Americans"
Langella will reprise his role as "Gabriel," Philip and Elizabeth's mysterious KGB handler.

[04/24/15 - 03:05 PM]
Whipclip Teams Up with Pop to Offer Fans Easy Access to Create and Share Video Clips from Network's Original Programming Line-Up
Using Whipclip, viewers can create customized clips of their favorite moments and share them instantly on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and via email and SMS.

[04/24/15 - 12:48 PM]
Discovery Channel Renews Hit-Series "Deadliest Catch" for Twelfth Season
From Original Productions, the 13-time Emmy Award-winning series follows the real-life adventures of Alaskan fisherman with one of the most dangerous jobs in the world - crab fishing on the unpredictable Bering Sea.

[04/24/15 - 12:43 PM]
FOX Sports 1 Presents First Ever "U.S. Open Media Day Special"
Originating from the United States Golf Association's Media Day at Chambers Bay, the program, recorded earlier in the day, airs in primetime Monday, April 27, (9:30 PM ET) on FOX Sports 1.

[04/24/15 - 12:32 PM]
Discovery Channel Grabs #1 in Both Persons 25-54 and Persons 18-49 on Cable for the Week
Discovery spins the numbers for the week of April 13-19.

[04/24/15 - 11:17 AM]
"Garbage Time with Katie Nolan" Attracts Largest Audience Ever with Total Viewership Over 1.6 Million
FOX Sports further spins the numbers for Sunday, April 19.

[04/24/15 - 10:35 AM]
Meet the New Class of Students on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?"
Following a nationwide search, these six kids were chosen to help the grown-ups graduate toward the top prize of $1 million.

[04/24/15 - 10:31 AM]
Live + 3 Day Ratings: ABC's "Once Upon a Time" Emerges at Sunday's Top Broadcast Series
ABC further spins the numbers for Sunday, April 19.

[04/24/15 - 10:26 AM]
Evan Peters the Latest "American Horror Story" Veteran to Join "Hotel"
Lady Gaga, Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Matt Bomer, Cheyenne Jackson, Wes Bentley and Chloë Sevigny also star in the latest installment, due in October.

[04/24/15 - 10:11 AM]
"Thought Crimes: The Case of the Cannibal Cop," Featuring Exclusive Access to Former NYPD Officer Gilberto Valle, Explores Issues of Crime in the Internet Age When It Debuts May 11 on HBO
Dubbed "The Cannibal Cop," former NYPD officer Gilberto Valle was convicted of conspiring to kidnap and eat women in March 2013.

[04/24/15 - 10:08 AM]
Video: "Nightingale" - Tease (HBO Films)
The David Oyelowo-led project premieres Friday, May 29 at 9:00/8:00c on the pay channel.

[04/24/15 - 10:07 AM]
FYI(TM) Greenlights New Original Series "The Seven Year Switch"
In the series, four couples at a crossroads in their relationship will get the chance to live with a stranger for two weeks, in an experimental marriage, to help determine what traits and characteristics in a mate could make their marriage stronger.

[04/24/15 - 09:22 AM]
"Steve Harvey" Celebrates 500th Episode, Monday, April 27
Members of the studio audience will get the opportunity of a lifetime, as each day April 27 - May 1, one lucky person will be chosen to step into the "Steve Harvey Money Booth" and will be given 20 seconds to collect as much cash as they can.

[04/24/15 - 09:08 AM]
Hulu Original "Moone Boy" to Return for A Sidesplitting Third Season
The Chris O'Dowd-led series returns to Hulu for a third and final season with six all-new episodes on Wednesday, May 13.