[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[04/29/17 - 08:25 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Viewers, Splits Demos with NBC
The Eye's "Hawaii Five-0" wins the night among adults 18-49.

[04/28/17 - 02:00 PM]
Video: Watch a Behind-the-Scenes First Look at FOX's New Dating Show, "Love Connection," Hosted by Andy Cohen
The unscripted series will now premiere at 9:00/8:00c on Thursday, May 25 following "Beat Shazam."

[04/28/17 - 12:39 PM]
"The President Show" Inaugural Episode Draws Huge Crowd Topping Trump's Actual Inauguration
Comedy Central spins the numbers for Thursday, April 27.

[04/28/17 - 11:25 AM]
WE tv's New Series "Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta" Premieres Thursday, May 25 at 10pm ET/CT
"Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta" features a tight-knit crew of friends who reveal the perks and perils of being born into Hip Hop royalty.

[04/28/17 - 10:43 AM]
Netflix Unveils "FYSee" - A Month-Long Celebration Highlighting the Best of Netflix Series
For the first time, Netflix's FYSee will feature a full month of programming designed to connect industry with the shows, creators and talent they love in wholly new and unusual ways.

[04/28/17 - 10:02 AM]
Paramount Television and Anonymous Content Option Rights to Anne Rice's Best-Selling Series, "The Vampire Chronicles"
Christopher Rice, four-time New York Times Bestselling(R) author and recipient of the Lambda Literary Award, will pen the series and serve as executive producer alongside Anne Rice, and Anonymous Content's David Kanter and Steve Golin.

[04/28/17 - 10:02 AM]
"Star Trek: Discovery" Adds to Its Ranks
Shazad Latif, Rekha Sharma, Kenneth Mitchell, Clare McConnell and Damon Runyan are among the latest additions.

[04/28/17 - 09:55 AM]
British Comedic Legend Tommy Maitland Has Been Announced to Host ABC's Irreverent Talent Competition Show "The Gong Show"
A revolving panel of judges featuring Hollywood's hottest stars praise, critique and gong contestants in one of TV's all-time great variety shows.

[04/28/17 - 09:47 AM]
Showtime(R) Sets Summer Premiere Dates for Hit Series "Ray Donovan" and "Episodes"
Look for the new seasons on August 6 and August 20, respectively, with "Twin Peaks" moving to the 8:00/7:00c slot on August 6.

[04/28/17 - 09:40 AM]
Her Story Continues - "Z: The Beginning of Everything" Is Returning for a Second Season
The streaming service formally announced said renewal this morning.

[04/28/17 - 08:30 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Inches Past CBS Among Adults 18-49
The Alphabet wins the night in demos while the Eye is the most-watched broadcaster.

[04/28/17 - 07:56 AM]
ESPN's Round 1 NFL Draft Telecast Delivers 4.8 Overnight Rating
ESPN spins the numbers for Thursday, April 27.

[04/28/17 - 07:32 AM]
Universal Pictures' "Fast & Furious" Franchise to Receive Generation Award at the "2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards"
"We are thrilled to celebrate the 'Fast & Furious' franchise and its global contribution to pop culture," said Amy Doyle, General Manager, MTV, VH1 and Logo.

[04/28/17 - 06:00 AM]
"Ellen"'s Coming-Out Episode, "The Puppy Episode: Parts 1 and 2," Streaming Now on the ABC App
This Sunday, April 30, is the 20th anniversary of the historic coming-out episode of the "Ellen" sitcom on ABC.

[04/27/17 - 03:01 PM]
BET Networks Says YES to Comedy Superstars and Music Legends with Original New Scripted, Late Night and Mini-Series
VH1 imports "Hit the Floor" and "The Breaks" will join fellow returning drama "The Quad."