[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[04/17/14 - 02:22 PM]
Exclusive World Premiere of Hour-Long Special "SuperSong" Starring Ricky Martin Launches on Crackle April 21
"SuperSong" takes viewers behind-the-scenes with global superstar Ricky Martin and music producer Salaam Remi as they record SuperSong contest winner Elijah King's winning track.

[04/17/14 - 01:48 PM]
"Arnie" Becomes Most-Watched Original Production in Golf Channel History
Golf Channel spins the numbers for Sunday, April 13 through Tuesday, April 15.

[04/17/14 - 01:30 PM]
TBS Hit Series "Sullivan & Son" to Welcome Back Guest Stars Kunal Nayyar, Ken Jeong and Billy Gardell
The series is set to launch its third season with back-to-back episodes Tuesday, June 24 at 10:00/9:00c.

[04/17/14 - 12:04 PM]
The CW Announces Summer 2014 Premiere Dates
Highlights include the return of "Beauty and the Beast" and the premieres of "Backpackers" and "Seed."

[04/17/14 - 12:00 PM]
IDW Entertainment, George Lopez, & David M. Stern Developing "Wormwood" as an Animated Series
David M. Stern has been tapped to write the pilot episode and serve as an executive producer on the series.

[04/17/14 - 11:56 AM]
David Letterman, Jerry Seinfeld, Jon Stewart, Tracy Morgan, Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro to Headline Spike TV's "One Night Only: An All-Star Comedy Tribute to Don Rickles"
The 90-minute special, produced in conjunction with Don Mischer Productions, airs on Spike TV on Wednesday, May 28 at 9:00/8:00c.

[04/17/14 - 11:24 AM]
A&E Network Greenlights New Nonfiction Series "D.O.A." (Working Title) from Executive Producer Dick Wolf
The series follows a top team of detectives who will re-examine controversial murder cases in which unresolved questions still linger long after the verdict was determined.

[04/17/14 - 11:18 AM]
"The Tonight Show" Retains 100% of the Prior Week's 18-49 Rating, Sees Growth in Total Viewers
NBC spins the late-night numbers for the week of April 7-13.

[04/17/14 - 10:30 AM]
Video: First Look Clips at New Seasons of "Maron" & "Comedy Bang! Bang!" - Premieres May 8 on IFC
Today IFC released first look clips from both show's premiere episodes.

[04/17/14 - 10:30 AM]
E!'s "Chelsea Lately" Welcomes Khloe Kardashian, TJ Miller, Loni Love and Mary McCormack as Celebrity Guest Hosts April 21-24
Scheduled guests include Bob Saget, Wiz Khalifa, Mekhi Phifer and Ian Somerhalder.

[04/17/14 - 10:28 AM]
Two-Hour "Lindsay" Finale to Air Sunday, April 20 at 9 P.M. ET/PT on OWN
The OWN docu-series "Lindsay" follows movie star and media sensation Lindsay Lohan on her journey through recovery following a very public period of crisis.

[04/17/14 - 10:01 AM]
Academy Announces Key Dates for the Oscars(R)
The Oscars will be held at the Dolby Theatre(R) at Hollywood & Highland Center(R) in Hollywood, and will be televised live by the ABC Television Network.

[04/17/14 - 09:51 AM]
CBS Is 2013-2014 Comedy Leader - Network Has Eight of the Top 10 Comedies in Viewers; Six of Top 10 in Adults 18-49
CBS spins the numbers for the season to date.

[04/17/14 - 09:39 AM]
Showtime(R) and Kobe Bryant Find Their Muse - The New Original Feature-Length Documentary Captures a Never-Before-Seen Portrait of an Elite Athlete's Professional and Personal Journey
The film is currently in production in Los Angeles and will air this fall on Showtime.

[04/17/14 - 08:53 AM]
"Bad Teachers" - All-New Mini Series Premieres Tuesday, April 22 at 9/8c on Investigation Discovery
The educators exposed in Investigation Discovery's new, three-part series had been beloved by students, looked up to by faculty peers, and trusted by parents.