[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (BRAVO)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[11/16/18 - 02:04 PM]
Karey Burke Named President, ABC Entertainment, Following Channing Dungey's Decision to Step Down from the Role
Upon completion of the 21st Century Fox acquisition, Ms. Burke will then report to Dana Walden, chairman, Disney Television Studios and ABC Entertainment.

[11/16/18 - 01:04 PM]
"America's Got Talent: The Champions" Announces First Group of All-Star Acts
The spin-off will bring together the world's most talented, memorable and all-around fan favorite acts from past seasons of "AGT" and around the globe from the other "Got Talent" franchises," spanning 194 territories.

[11/16/18 - 01:04 PM]
Video: "Young Justice: Outsiders" - Teaser
The animated series comes to DC Universe on Friday, January 4.

[11/16/18 - 12:17 PM]
ABC Picks Up "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." for a Seventh Season
Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley and Jeff Ward star in the current sixth season, due in Summer 2019.

[11/16/18 - 11:18 AM]
Ken Jeong to Embark on the Ultimate Christmas Journey in New YouTube Original Special "Ken Jeong Cracks Christmas"
The 30-minute special will debut on the Buzzfeed YouTube channel on December 12.

[11/16/18 - 10:15 AM]
"Vice Special Report: The Panic Artists," A Behind-the-Scenes Account of the 2008 Financial Crisis, Debuts Dec. 10 on HBO
With exclusive interviews and testimony from the major players in politics and economics, the special provides the definitive look inside the most successful - and most loathed - taxpayer-funded bailout in history.

[11/16/18 - 10:02 AM]
Video: Showtime Debuts New Trailer for "SMILF" Season Two
The Frankie Shaw-led comedy returns Sunday, January 20 at 10:30/9:30c on the pay channel.

[11/16/18 - 10:00 AM]
Writer/Producer Eric Friedman Signs Overall Deal That Extends His Successful Tenure with Disney Channel
Most recently, Friedman was executive producer and showrunner of "Bizaardvark," which has wrapped production after three seasons.

[11/16/18 - 09:10 AM]
FOX Sports Reigns Supreme in Most Important Metric in All of Television: Live Sports Event Viewing
FOX Sports further spins the numbers for the year to date.

[11/16/18 - 09:00 AM]
CBS Series Score Postseason Football Spotlights
Look for a special episode of "Magnum P.I." following the AFC Championship Game on Sunday, January 20.

[11/16/18 - 08:21 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX, "Thursday Night Football" Continue Reign
The network leads the night among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[11/16/18 - 08:02 AM]
Netflix to Produce Animated Feature Film "Escape from Hat" from Academy Award Nominated Director Mark Osborne
Production will commence this month in New York for an expected 2022 release.

[11/16/18 - 04:56 AM]
Animal Planet and Coyote Peterson Announce the Development of First Long-Form Television Series for YouTube Star
The series will premiere on Animal Planet in 2019 and will appeal to Peterson's established 13 million-strong "Coyote Pack" as well as Animal Planet's global audience.

[11/15/18 - 11:18 PM]
Development Update: Thursday, November 15
Updates include: Hugh Grant to star opposite Nicole Kidman in HBO's "The Undoing"; J.K. Simmons to visit "Veronica Mars" on Hulu; and Matt Long scores arc on NBC's "Manifest."

[11/15/18 - 03:21 PM]
Video: Bravo's "Dirty John" Premiere Episode Is Available Now on YouTube, BravoTV.com, VOD and the Bravo App
Ahead of the premiere on Sunday, November 25, Bravo has made the entire first episode of "Dirty John" available for a pre-linear preview.