[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[03/30/15 - 01:34 PM]
The Untold Story of the World's Most Famous Sex Symbol Is Revealed in Lifetime(R)'s Miniseries Event, "The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe" Premiering May 30th and 31st
Kelli Garner stars in the title role of the four-hour event.

[03/30/15 - 01:29 PM]
ABC Family's "The Fosters" and "Chasing Life" Rise to Season Highs in Finales
ABC Family further spins the numbers for Monday, March 23.

[03/30/15 - 01:03 PM]
Venture to the Great Swamplands of the South with a New Season of "Buying the Bayou" on Destination America
The series returns with back-to-back episodes on Monday, April 13 at 9:00/8:00c.

[03/30/15 - 12:45 PM]
NBC Will Ease on Down the Road with Dec. 3 Live Production of "The Wiz" Featuring Production Partner Cirque du Soleil Theatrical
Tony Award-winning director Kenny Leon will stage both the television production and Broadway revival of "The Wiz" in collaboration with Tony winner and Broadway icon Harvey Fierstein, who will contribute new material to the original Broadway book by William F. Brown.

[03/30/15 - 12:16 PM]
Animal Planet Goes Behind the Badge of Wildlife's Last Line of Defense with New Series "Lone Star Law"
Also on tap are new seasons of "North Woods Law" and "Rugged Justice."

[03/30/15 - 12:01 PM]
Oxygen Media Increases Original Programming by 25 Percent with Addition of Eight New Series
The newcomers include "Douglas Family Gold," "The Hustle," "Pretty. Strong.," "Player Gets Played," "Boss Nails" and the third installment of the popular franchise, "Preachers of Atlanta."

[03/30/15 - 12:00 PM]
National Geographic Channel's "Killing Jesus" Nabs 3.7 Million Viewers, Scoring Highest Total Viewership in Network History
National Geographic Channel spins the numbers for Sunday, March 29.

[03/30/15 - 11:55 AM]
Bravo Media Expands Diverse Slate with Addition of 10 New and 4 Returning Series Marking Over 40 High-Quality Original Series
New season orders are set for "Ladies of London" season two, "Don't Be Tardy... " season four, "Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles" season eight and "Manzo'd with Children" season two.

[03/30/15 - 11:46 AM]
"The Walking Dead" Season Five Finale Is Highest-Rated Finale in Series History, Delivering 15.8 Million Viewers and 10.4 Million Adults 18-49
AMC spins the numbers for Sunday, March 29.

[03/30/15 - 11:32 AM]
Esquire Network Unveils 2015 Upfront Lineup Bolstering Original Programming with Five New Series
"This new line-up will present even more of the compelling, dynamic content that is engaging our male audience, setting us up for further momentum," said Matt Hanna.

[03/30/15 - 11:27 AM]
truTV & Top Rank Partner to Exclusively Televise Live Friday Night Primetime Boxing Series
The new boxing series, in association with Turner Sports and HBO Sports, will launch on the eve of the Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao pay-per-view fight with a card featuring two title bouts inside The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

[03/30/15 - 11:27 AM]
Live + 7 Day Ratings: ABC's "Secrets and Lies" and "Fresh Off the Boat" Post Their Biggest Playback Gains Yet
ABC further spins the numbers for the week of March 9-15.

[03/30/15 - 11:07 AM]
New Discovery Channel Series "Sons of Winter" Answers Call of the Wild in the Ultimate Coming-of-Age Survival Tale
The series, from Gurney Productions, premieres Tuesday, April 28 at 10:00/9:00c.

[03/30/15 - 11:01 AM]
NBC's "American Odyssey" & Google Invite Viewers to Tour Key Cities and Uncover New Clues with "Explore American Odyssey" Companion Site
Beginning March 30, curious minds will be challenged to uncover the truth by immersing themselves in the online experience "Explore American Odyssey" at www.exploreamericanodyssey.com.

[03/30/15 - 11:01 AM]
ABC Family Picks Up "Shadowhunters," a Saga Series Based on the Beloved New York Times Bestselling Book Series The Mortal Instruments
The series follows 18-year-old Clary Fray, who finds out on her birthday that she is not who she thinks she is but rather comes from a long line of Shadowhunters - human-angel hybrids who hunt down demons.