[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

[10/20/16 - 03:55 PM]
Oxygen Media Tests the Bonds of Friendship When New Competition Series "The Battle of the Ex-Besties" Premieres Tuesday, December 6 at 11PM ET/PT
Hosted by Sibley Scoles, the series follows fourteen former BFFs who are forced to confront - and hopefully forget - past differences in order to win a life-changing $100,000 grand prize.

[10/20/16 - 01:49 PM]
Investigation Discovery Delivers Nearly One Million Viewers for World Television Premiere of "Southwest of Salem: The Story of the San Antonio Four"
Investigation Discovery further spins the numbers for Saturday, October 15.

[10/20/16 - 01:04 PM]
Investigation Discovery Looks at When Happily Ever After Goes Horribly Wrong in All-New Series "Married with Secrets"
The new eight-part series premieres Tuesday, October 25 at 10:00/9:00c.

[10/20/16 - 12:27 PM]
BBC America Debuts New Original Co-Production "Undercover" with Two-Night Premiere Event in November
Look for said event on Wednesday, November 16 and Thursday, November 17 at 8:00/7:00c.

[10/20/16 - 11:47 AM]
TLC's "Little People, Big World" Returns with the Roloffs Facing a Whole New Reality
Season 12 rolls out Tuesday, November 22 at 8:00/7:00c on the cable channel.

[10/20/16 - 11:45 AM]
GSN Adds "Wheel of Fortune" to Daytime Schedule Beginning Monday, October 24
In addition, GSN Games has launched Wheel of Fortune(R) Slots: The Ultimate Collection, a new mobile app bringing together a variety of stunning Wheel of Fortune-themed slots games and authentic elements from the TV show.

[10/20/16 - 11:14 AM]
A&E Network to Premiere New Season of Hit Series "Wahlburgers" November 16
Look for back-to-back episodes on Wednesday nights beginning at 10:00/9:00c.

[10/20/16 - 11:04 AM]
Bravo Media's "Top Chef" Announces 8 Returning Chefs Vying for Redemption on the New Season Premiering Thursday, Dec. 1 at 10PM ET/PT
It's the ultimate challenge of old blood versus new, on the Emmy and James Beard Award winning series, as the chefs head to Charleston to battle it out alongside eight talented "Top Chef" newcomers.

[10/20/16 - 09:31 AM]
CBS Orders "Salvation," A New Event Series for Broadcast in Summer 2017
A suspense thriller, the series centers on an MIT grad student and a tech superstar who bring a low-level Pentagon official a staggering discovery - that an asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth.

[10/20/16 - 09:07 AM]
Rise and 'Shine... Discovery's "Moonshiners" Returns Tuesday, November 15 at 9PM ET/PT
This season these master whiskey makers are putting everything on the line to evolve their craft and take their handmade liquor to the next level.

[10/20/16 - 08:48 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Pulls in Front Among Adults 18-49
The Alphabet leads the night with its coverage of The Third Presidential Debate.

[10/20/16 - 08:33 AM]
Award-Winning Comedian Ricky Gervais Brings Brent Back! David Brent: Life on the Road Premieres on Netflix February 10, 2017
Directed, written and produced by award-winning, comedic genius Gervais, David Brent: Life on the Road sees a documentary crew catching up with the idiosyncratic David Brent from the BBC2's mockumentary "The Office."

[10/20/16 - 07:48 AM]
"Outrageous Acts of Science" Returns to Science Channel for an All New Season October 26 at 9PM
The all-new episodes show mind-blowing displays of science in action while counting down the week's Top 20 videos.

[10/20/16 - 07:35 AM]
OneRepublic to Rock Rotterdam at the 2016 MTV EMAs
The multi-platinum pop-rock quintet will join host Bebe Rehxa and previously-announced performers Bruno Mars, Shawn Mendes, DNCE, Lukas Graham and Zara Larsson on stage.

[10/20/16 - 07:14 AM]
"RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars" Season 2 Slays Records as the Most Viewed Season of a Logo Original Series to Date
Plus: look for a reunion special on October 27 and "Season 6 RuVealed" on November 3.