[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[03/23/17 - 02:46 PM]
CBS Announces Mario Lopez as Host of "Candy Crush" Premiering Sunday, July 9 on CBS
In the new CBS series, the game that has become a worldwide phenomenon comes to life as teams of two people use their wits and physical agility to compete on enormous, interactive game boards featuring next generation technology.

[03/23/17 - 02:32 PM]
National Geographic Announces Ensemble Cast for Global Scripted Event Series "The Long Road Home," Based on Martha Raddatz's New York Times Best-Seller
Michael Kelly, Jason Ritter, E.J. Bonilla, Kate Bosworth, Sarah Wayne Callies, Noel Fisher and Jeremy Sisto star in the eight-part series.

[03/23/17 - 01:49 PM]
Bobby Moynihan Cast as Titular Voice of "Happy" for Syfy!
Moynihan joins the previously announced cast led by Chris Meloni, along with Lili Mirojnick, Patrick Fischler, Ritchie Coster and Zabryna Guevara.

[03/23/17 - 01:31 PM]
Amazon Studios to Launch Season Two of "Fortitude" on Prime Video in the US on Friday, April 14
Season two resumes as an Amazon Original Series with noted actor Dennis Quaid (Vantage Point) joining the ensemble cast.

[03/23/17 - 11:15 AM]
Eliza Dushku Joins the #1 New Series "Bull"
Dushku will play J.P. Nunnelly, the savvy head of the best criminal defense firm in New York, who is hired by Dr. Jason Bull (Michael Weatherly) when a member of his Trial Analysis Corporation team faces prison time.

[03/23/17 - 10:35 AM]
Spike TV Renews "Ink Master" for Season Ten and Greenlights "Ink Master Angels" Special
Season 9 of "Ink Master" debuts this June along with new episodes of spin-off series "Ink Master: Redemption."

[03/23/17 - 10:14 AM]
Final Four Episodes of "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman" Beginning April 25 at 10PM on Science Channel
Freeman will challenge audiences once again to think about daring questions while taking a deeper look at the science behind topics such as hidden forces in the universe, aging, the future of Earth, and gun violence.

[03/23/17 - 10:07 AM]
Peabody Award-Winning Drama Series "The Leftovers" Returns for Its Third and Final Season April 16 on HBO
The Peabody Award-winning drama series follows the lives that were forever changed by the event that shook the world on October 14.

[03/23/17 - 09:25 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Empire" Returns on Top for FOX
The network leads the night among adults 18-49.

[03/23/17 - 09:06 AM]
Video: "The Handmaid's Tale" Full-Length Trailer Now Available
The series premieres with three episodes on April 26 with subsequent episodes streaming weekly on Wednesdays.

[03/23/17 - 09:03 AM]
E!'s "Second Wives Club" Premieres Thursday May 4th at 9PM ET/PT
The eight-episode, hour-long docu-series - previously known as "Famously Married" - follows six women who are married or engaged to wealthy, powerful men.

[03/23/17 - 09:01 AM]
Starz to Premiere Comedy Legend Documentary, "Robert Klein Still Can't Stop His Leg," on Network Television on March 31st
Klein, Billy Crystal, Bill Maher, Jerry Seinfeld, Jon Stewart, Jay Leno, Don Rickles and Ray Romano are among those featured.

[03/23/17 - 09:00 AM]
History's New Series "Road Hauks" Premieres Saturday, April 8 Following the Return of "Counting Cars"
Kenny Hauk and his crew of expert mechanics and fabricators at Hauk Designs are history buffs who pride themselves on the ability to make builds that are both historic and have high-horsepower.

[03/23/17 - 08:00 AM]
CBS Renews 18 Series for the 2017-2018 Season
Among the pickups are newcomers "Bull," "Kevin Can Wait," "MacGyver," "Man with a Plan" and "Superior Donuts."

[03/23/17 - 07:02 AM]
Video: WE tv's "Marriage Boot Camp: Family Edition" Releases New Supertease!
The most extreme relationship therapy boot camp is now trading couples for kin in "Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars Family Edition."