[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[07/28/14 - 01:33 PM]
"Criminal Minds" and "Extant" to Swap Time Periods Starting This Wednesday, July 30
"Criminal Minds" will return to its regular 9:00/8:00c slot followed by new drama "Extant" at 10:00/9:00c.

[07/28/14 - 01:08 PM]
Don't Miss the Season Two Premiere of "#RichKids of Beverly Hills" on Sunday, August 3 at 10PM ET/PT Only on E!
Plus: don't miss an all-new episode of the hit series "Botched" airing Sunday, August 10 at its new time of 10:30/9:30c.

[07/28/14 - 01:06 PM]
NBC Sports Group's 5 Match Soccer Slate This Week Kicks Off with Manchester United v. FC Internazionale Tomorrow at 7 PM ET on NBCSN
NBC Sports Group's lead Premier League play-by-play announcer Arlo White will be on site to call both matches.

[07/28/14 - 12:20 PM]
Video: "Atlanta Exes" + Super Trailer + Monday, August 18th on VH1
Watch a sneak preview of the new series, featuring the once significant others of an elite list of A-list men, which has no shortage of fabulousness, ambition, love, and drama.

[07/28/14 - 11:46 AM]
Comedy Central(R) Announces Digital Content Partnership with Redd's Apple Ale for the Launch of the Original Weekly Improv Series "CC: Social Scene"
Socially inspired by Comedy Central's CC:Studios, the six-episode improv series is hosted by comedian Paul Scheer and directed by Rich Talarico.

[07/28/14 - 11:39 AM]
Investigation Discovery's Got Talent! August Slate Sizzles with the Return of ID's Most Beloved Stars: Paula Zahn, Susan Lucci, Joe Kenda, And Candice DeLong
First, tour the mind of infamous accused-ax-murderer Lizzie Borden in the season premiere of "Deadly Women" with Candice DeLong on Friday, August 1 at 9:00/8:00c, followed by the landmark 100th episode at 10:00/9:00c.

[07/28/14 - 11:39 AM]
CBS Summer Dramas Score Big Live+7-Day Playback Lift for the Week of July 7
CBS further spins the numbers for the week of July 7-13.

[07/28/14 - 11:27 AM]
Michelle Beisner Joins ESPN as NFL Features Reporter
Since 2006, Beisner has worked as a studio host and field reporter for NFL Network.

[07/28/14 - 11:15 AM]
Special Guest Jay Leno Mentors the Comics as the Final Five Move One Step Closer to Being the "Last Comic Standing" on Tues, July 31 (10-11 P.M. ET)
Only five comics remain in the competition, and the stakes have never been higher as they move one step closer to winning the coveted title of "Last Comic Standing."

[07/28/14 - 09:51 AM]
Showtime(R) Presents "David Bowie: Five Years" - Documentary Special Premieres Friday, August 1st at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
The film is the definitive portrait of one of rock's most influential stars.

[07/28/14 - 09:34 AM]
"Gypsy Sisters" Focus on Family in New Season on TLC
The series returns with a special two-hour season premiere on Thursday, August 21 at 9:00/8:00c.

[07/28/14 - 09:34 AM]
El Rey Network And Celestial Pictures Boost Multi-Year Partnership To Bring Viewers The Best In Classic Martial Arts
The new deal will provide the network with access to 255 iconic martial arts titles from the Shaw Brothers vault - the world's leading martial arts collection, many on an exclusive basis.

[07/28/14 - 08:57 AM]
Season Two of "Shark Hunters" Premieres Wednesday, July 30, at 9 P.M. ET on NBCSN
The 60-minute outdoor fishing show features three long-standing East Coast shark tournaments and five captains pitted against each other to catch the heaviest shark.

[07/28/14 - 08:29 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Viewers, Demos for Second Straight Week
"60 Minutes" and "Big Brother 16" are the most-watched programs in said categories.

[07/28/14 - 08:27 AM]
USA Network Announces Pilot Pick-Up for Carlton Cuse and Ryan Condal Drama "Colony"
The project is a naturalistic drama about a family torn by opposing forces and making difficult choices as they balance staying together with surviving the struggle of the human race.