[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[02/07/16 - 06:53 PM]
Video: CBS Debuts Humorous "CBS All Access" Commercial During "Super Bowl 50"
The 30-second commercial was directed by famed producer/writer/director Peter Farrelly.

[02/07/16 - 06:14 PM]
Video: For the First Time Ever, A Showtime(R) Spot Is Featured in the Super Bowl
The new spot, with music by Grammy(R) and Golden Globe(R)-nominated singer-songwriter Sia, was one of the only streaming service commercials to air during the game.

[02/07/16 - 04:58 PM]
Video: CBS Announces the Final Nine Episodes for "The Good Wife"
The series finale of broadcast television's most acclaimed drama will air Sunday, May 8.

[02/07/16 - 08:37 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Tops Charts with New Hampshire Republican Debate
The Alphabet averages more than 11.6 million viewers in primetime.

[02/07/16 - 08:30 AM]
"Saturday Night Live" Ties for the #1 Telecast of the Night on the Big 4 Networks in 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Saturday, February 6.

[02/06/16 - 09:03 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Viewers, Shares Demo Crown with ABC
The Eye's "Super Bowl's Greatest Halftime Shows" helps power said victory.

[02/06/16 - 08:44 AM]
ABC Ranks #1 on Friday with the Top Shows - "20/20" Scores Strongest Numbers Since November
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, February 5.

[02/06/16 - 08:28 AM]
"Grimm" Matches Its 18-49 High Since Nov. 6
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, February 5.

[02/05/16 - 11:34 PM]
Development Update: Friday, February 5
Updates include: Kal Penn, Maggie Q among those cast in ABC's "Designated Survivor"; FOX adds two single-camera projects to its pilot roster; and CBS orders pilot for medical drama "Sensory."

[02/05/16 - 03:13 PM]
Discovery Channel Is Cable's #1 Non-Sports Network Among Men for January
Discovery spins the numbers for the month of January.

[02/05/16 - 03:01 PM]
Jennifer Lopez, Ray Liotta and "Shades of Blue" Back on the Beat for a Second Season on NBC
In L+3 results from Nielsen Media Research through its first three telecasts, "Shades of Blue" has averaged a 2.5 rating in adults 18-49 and 11.2 million viewers overall.

[02/05/16 - 01:19 PM]
ESPN to Televise "Monday Night Football" Game from Mexico City
The Texans-Raiders matchup will be played at famed Estadio Azteca in Mexico City on Monday, November 21 (week 11) of the 2016 NFL season.

[02/05/16 - 12:24 PM]
Investigation Discovery's World Premiere of "20/20 on ID Presents Homicide" Reveals Never-Before-Heard Details
The interview airs as part of three original hours, premiering on Wednesday, February 10 at 10:00/9:00c.

[02/05/16 - 12:23 PM]
Investigation Discovery Begins 2016 as the #10 Network in Prime in Ad-Supported Cable
Investigation Discovery spins the numbers for the month of January.

[02/05/16 - 12:10 PM]
NBA and Turner's Cartoon Network Team Up for the Kids Channel's Annual "NBA All-Star Jam"
LeBron James makes an appearance as an animated version of himself on Cartoon Network's hit series "Teen Titans Go!"; while Paul George, Kyrie Irving and Damian Lillard are featured in "We Bare Bears."