[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[10/02/14 - 08:32 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Criminal Minds," "Stalker" Push CBS to Top Spot
Plus: FOX's "Red Band Society" grows by 10% while ABC's "Black-ish" falls 24% from last week's episodes.

[10/02/14 - 08:16 AM]
USA Network's Sexy Original Drama "Satisfaction," Scores a Season Two Renewal
The cable channel has ordered 10 new episodes of the drama, from Universal Cable Productions.

[10/02/14 - 08:06 AM]
NL Wild Card Game Up 21 Percent with Strong 4.1 Overnight Rating
ESPN spins the numbers for Wednesday, October 1.

[10/02/14 - 08:01 AM]
"Joshua Bell: A YoungArts MasterClass," The Latest Edition of the Three-Time Emmy(R)-Nominated HBO Family Show, Debuts Oct. 14 on HBO
The Grammy-winning violinist collaborates with nine talented young musicians, helping them discover their unique voices in a group setting and guiding them through performances in New York and London.

[10/02/14 - 08:01 AM]
Disney XD Orders Second Season of Lucasfilm's Animated-Triumph "Star Wars Rebels" Ahead of Its Television Premiere
"The global expectations for this series could not have been any higher," said Gary Marsh. "And I am proud to say that the team at Lucasfilm has delivered something that has surpassed even that incredibly high bar - artistically and thematically."

[10/02/14 - 07:47 AM]
Nickelodeon Honors Kansas City's Zachary Mallory as The Halo Effect Award Recipient for October
Selected for his work as a gay rights youth activist, Mallory will be featured in a short on-air profile airing on TeenNick and highlighted on TeenNick.com throughout the month.

[10/02/14 - 07:37 AM]
Nickelodeon Serves Up Bone-Chilling Halloween Premieres, Including Hour-Long Crossover Special "Haunted Thundermans," Beginning Oct. 11 at 8 P.M. (ET/PT)
The Thundermans and the Hathaways combat the ghouls in a one-hour crossover special.

[10/02/14 - 07:36 AM]
Discovery Channel Goes Deep Inside an Alaskan Outlaw Town in All New Series "Edge of Alaska"
The newcomer launches Friday, October 24 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[10/02/14 - 07:03 AM]
Jay Bilas Signs Extension with ESPN Through 2023
Bilas, who is featured on ESPN's game and studio coverage, will call top men's college basketball games involving the nation's marquee teams and conferences and will be present at the Men's Final Four through studio coverage.

[10/01/14 - 04:44 PM]
TV Land Orders Two New Comedies, "Impastor" and "Teachers," To Series
Both series will premiere on the cable channel in 2015.

[10/01/14 - 04:36 PM]
A Roloff Wedding Wraps Up the Most Watched Season Ever of "Little People, Big World" with 1.9M P2+ Viewers
TLC spins the numbers for Tuesday, September 30.

[10/01/14 - 03:15 PM]
"MasterChef Junior" Moves to Tuesdays
Newcomer "Utopia" will now only air once a week: Fridays at 8:00/7:00c.

[10/01/14 - 02:41 PM]
E! Reunites the Most Outrageous Patients When "Botched Reunion: Show & Tell" Airs Sunday, October 26 and Monday, October 27 at 10:00PM ET/PT
Maria Menounos hosts the two-part special, in which Paul Nassif and Terry Dubrow reunite to look back at the nationwide success of the first season and welcome some of their most outrageous patients.

[10/01/14 - 01:53 PM]
NFL and DIRECTV Extend NFL SUNDAY TICKET in New Multi-Year Deal
The new agreement also expands DIRECTV's rights to stream NFL SUNDAY TICKET live on mobile devices and via broadband, known as NFL SUNDAY TICKET.TV, as previously announced.

[10/01/14 - 01:01 PM]
AMC Revolutionary War Drama "Turn: Washington's Spies" Begins Production on Second Season
The show will film in and around Richmond, Virginia, including at two historic locations in Williamsburg; Colonial Williamsburg's Historic Area and on the campus of the College of William & Mary.