[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (BRAVO)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[10/24/20 - 08:32 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: FOX Rides World Series to Victory
Game 3 takes home top honors in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/23/20 - 12:14 PM]
YouTube Originals Continues the Story with "Justin Bieber: Next Chapter" Premiering October 30
The 30-minute special premieres Friday, October 30th at 12pm ET / 9am PT on Justin Bieber's Official YouTube Channel.

[10/23/20 - 11:29 AM]
HBO Sports to Present Michael Strahan-Executive Produced Documentary Series "The Cost of Winning"
The first two episodes debut Tuesday, November 10 beginning at 9:00/8:00c, with episodes three and four airing the following evening at the same time.

[10/23/20 - 11:06 AM]
The Dakota Boys Battle It Out Against Mother Nature in Brand-New Season of "Gold Rush: White Water" Premiering November 13 on Discovery Channel
Plus: viewers can get the inside scoop from all the miners and dig deep into the best behind-the-scenes moments during the popular "Gold Rush" after show, "The Dirt" premiering at 10:00/9:00c.

[10/23/20 - 10:11 AM]
Video: Shudder Releases Trailer, Key Art and Images for "A Creepshow Animated Special" Premiering Thursday, October 29
The special features two stories directed by Creepshow showrunner Greg Nicotero, with animation by Octopie animation studio.

[10/23/20 - 10:00 AM]
Nickelodeon's "The Substitute" Returns With All-New Surprises for Season Two of the Hit Prank Series, Premiering Halloween, Oct. 31, at 9 P.M. (ET/PT)
Joining the series as host is Mexican social media sensation Juanpa Zurita, who will help undercover celebrities pull off a day of ridiculous mayhem as the substitutes for unsuspecting kids.

[10/23/20 - 09:32 AM]
Today YouTube Originals Premieres New Election Special for Families, "Kid Correspondent"
Part 1 and 2 are free-to-stream today and part 3 and 4 will premiere on Monday, October 26 at 9:00AM PT / 12:00PM ET on the SoulPancake channel.

[10/23/20 - 09:17 AM]
Oxygen Presents the Tragic Case of Emilie Morris in the Two-Hour Special "The Case Died with Her" Premiering Sunday, December 6 at 7PM ET/PT
In this harrowing special, legal commentator and former prosecutor Loni Coombs dives into the shocking case of Emilie Morris.

[10/23/20 - 09:07 AM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases First Look at Tekashi 6ix9ine Docu-Series "Supervillain"
The three-part docu-series is set to premiere early 2021.

[10/23/20 - 08:42 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: NFL Puts FOX on Top in Demos
Presidential debate coverage on ABC and NBC however leads the night in total viewers.

[10/23/20 - 08:33 AM]
Free Streaming Network Crackle Announces New Originals and Exclusives, Movies, and Series for November
Newcomers include documentary series "Heroes of Lucha Libre" and "Breaking Beauty" plus the feature "Blood and Money."

[10/23/20 - 08:01 AM]
Video: "Dash & Lily" - Official Trailer - Netflix
Opposites attract at Christmas as cynical Dash and sunny Lily trade messages and dares in a red notebook they pass back and forth around New York City.

[10/23/20 - 07:21 AM]
HGTV Series "Help! I Wrecked My House" Delivers Double-Digit Ratings Gains in Debut Season
HGTV further spins the numbers for the season to date.

[10/23/20 - 06:01 AM]
Hallmark Channel Partners with Grammy(R)-Award Winning Global Icon, Gwen Stefani and Grammy(R)-Award Winning Recording Artist Ryan Tedder, on All-New Original Song, "Here This Christmas"
The single, written and produced by Tedder and Grammy nominated songwriter, producer and musician, Brent Kutzle, and recorded by Stefani, will be released today.

[10/22/20 - 11:39 PM]
Development Update: Thursday, October 22
Updates include: Apple reveals cast of "Pachinko" adaptation; Rosario Dawson signs onto Hulu's "Dopesick"; and Tim Burton to shepherd proposed "The Addams Family" TV series.