[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[05/23/15 - 09:21 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Wins Demo Race with "Shark Tank" Repeat
The Alphabet leads the night among adults 18-49.

[05/23/15 - 08:21 AM]
ABC Leads Its 7th Straight Friday in Adults 18-49 with the Top 3 Shows
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, May 22.

[05/23/15 - 06:29 AM]
NBA Western Conference Finals Game 2 Delivers 49 Percent Audience Increase from Last Time on ESPN
ESPN spins the numbers for Friday, May 22.

[05/22/15 - 01:09 PM]
First Look Images: FX's "American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson"
Get your first look at Sarah Paulson, Billy Magnussen, John Travolta, David Schwimmer, Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Courtney Vance in the limited series, due in early 2016.

[05/22/15 - 11:02 AM]
"The Bastard Executioner" Swings Into Action This Fall on FX
Kurt Sutter's new series is billed as "a gripping and brutal journey through the Late Middle Ages."

[05/22/15 - 10:54 AM]
First Look Image: Danny Trejo as "The Regulator" on El Rey Network/Miramax's 'From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series"
Currently in production on its sophomore season, "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series" is slated to return late Summer 2015.

[05/22/15 - 10:32 AM]
NBC's Star-Studded Inaugural Charity Event "Red Nose Day" Raises Over $21 Million to Help Lift Children and Young People Out of Poverty
Julia Roberts, Jimmy Fallon, Blake Shelton, Neill Patrick Harris, Richard Gere, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Will Ferrell, Jack Black, Pharell, Coldplay, One Direction and Zac Efron were just a few of the many celebrities appearing in the three-hour entertainment event.

[05/22/15 - 10:25 AM]
E! Delivers Ratings Highs Led by "Keeping Up with the Kardashians: About Bruce" Special and Season Finale of "The Royals"
E! further spins the numbers for Sunday, May 17.

[05/22/15 - 08:42 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: Repeats Power CBS to Victory in Viewers, Demos
"The Big Bang Theory" is the evening's top show in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[05/22/15 - 08:32 AM]
"500 Questions" Earns ABC's Best Summer Rating in its Slot Since August 2013
ABC spins the numbers for Thursday, May 21.

[05/22/15 - 08:31 AM]
"Mad Men" Finale Is Series' Highest-Rated Episode Ever Among Total Viewers and Adults 25-54
AMC further spins the numbers for Sunday, May 17.

[05/22/15 - 08:21 AM]
NBC's "Red Nose Day" Was No. 1 Among the Big 4 Networks in the 10 p.m. Hour
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, May 21.

[05/22/15 - 07:01 AM]
NBA Western Conference Finals Game 2 Delivers 47 Percent Ratings Increase from Last Time on ESPN
ESPN spins the numbers for Thursday, May 21.

[05/22/15 - 06:42 AM]
HGTV and DIY Network Greenlight Six New Series
After delivering 11 consecutive months of ratings growth, top 10 cable network HGTV, along with its sister network, DIY Network, have confirmed production orders for six new series.

[05/22/15 - 06:02 AM]
Netflix Announces "A Very Murray Christmas"
Written by Sofia Coppola, Bill Murray and Mitch Glazer and directed by Sofia Coppola, the special is an homage to the classic variety show featuring Bill Murray playing himself, as he worries no one will show up to his TV show due to a terrible snow storm in New York City.