[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[04/23/14 - 02:59 PM]
Discovery Channel's Season Premiere of "Deadliest Catch" Is Highest Rated Premiere in Three Seasons
Discovery spins the numbers for Tuesday, April 22.

[04/23/14 - 02:51 PM]
Tuesday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "The Voice" Keeps NBC on Top in Demos
Plus: numbers for MTV's "Faking It," Investigation Discovery's "Bad Teachers" and Discovery's "Deadliest Catch."

[04/23/14 - 01:21 PM]
Lifetime's New Docu-Series "True Tori" Captivates 1.2 Million Viewers in Series Premiere
Lifetime spins the numbers for Tuesday, April 22.

[04/23/14 - 01:20 PM]
ABC Airs 7 of the Season's Top 20 Entertainment Series - Most for Any Net
ABC spins the numbers for the season to date.

[04/23/14 - 12:35 PM]
NBC Sports Group to Present All Team USA Games from 2014 IIHF World Hockey Championship
Live coverage begins on NBCSN on Friday, May 9 at 1:30 p.m. ET when Team USA faces Belarus in the first of seven preliminary-round matches, which will all air live on NBCSN.

[04/23/14 - 11:23 AM]
VH1 Announces Hot New Summer Lineup
Highlights include the return of "Hit the Floor" as well as newcomers "I Love The 2000s," ""Make or Break: The Linda Perry Project," "Dating Naked" and "LeAnn & Eddie."

[04/23/14 - 11:10 AM]
Bravo Media Expands Scripted Programming Developing "All the Pretty Faces" from Executive Producer Jennifer Garner and Warner Horizon Television
The project is a dramedy-mystery centered on two warring families engaged in an epic, decades-long feud.

[04/23/14 - 11:09 AM]
Sam Register Promoted to President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series
Current WBA television series developed and supervised by Register include "Teen Titans Go!" and "The Tom and Jerry Show."

[04/23/14 - 10:52 AM]
Cartoon Network's "Adventure Time" Seals Monday Night Wins
Cartoon Network spins the numbers for Monday, April 21.

[04/23/14 - 10:30 AM]
"SNL" Finishes Out the Season with Three Star-Studded Back to Back Shows
Look for Andrew Garfield on May 3, Charlize Theron on May 10 and Andy Samberg on May 17.

[04/23/14 - 10:26 AM]
Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama Highlights Motorsports Coverage on NBCSN This Week
NBCSN's presentation of the Indy Grand Prix of Alabama begins Sunday at 1 a.m. ET with qualifying.

[04/23/14 - 10:08 AM]
FOX Sports Tabs Buck & Norman for 18th Green Tower
"We're really excited to pair Joe Buck, one of the most talented voices in sports television and himself a pretty good golfer, with Greg Norman, one of the game's best professionals ever," said Eric Shanks.

[04/23/14 - 10:01 AM]
"Coldplay: Ghost Stories" to Air Sunday, May 18 as Band Presents Highly Anticipated Latest Album
Titled "Coldplay: Ghost Stories," the special will focus on the multi-Grammy Award-winning band's latest album, which will be released worldwide May 19.

[04/23/14 - 10:01 AM]
ABC Announces May Sweeps Programming
The Alphabet details its programming highlights for the May sweeps period (SPOILERS!).

[04/23/14 - 09:47 AM]
ESPN Films' "SEC Storied" Looks at Alabama/Georgia Gymnastics Rivalry
"Sarah & Suzanne" will premiere Wednesday, April 30 at 7:00/6:00c on ESPNU.