[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[03/05/15 - 02:44 PM]
Little Women Take a Bite Out of the Big Apple with Lifetime(R)'s "Little Women: NY" Premiering on March 25
Viewers first got a glimpse of New York's Lila Call, when she made waves with the "Little Women: LA" cast and now they'll get to see her in action on her home turf with her group of east coast besties.

[03/05/15 - 01:13 PM]
Samantha Bee Heading to TBS - Former "Daily Show" Correspondent Signs Up to Host Comedy Series
The new show, which is in the early stages of development, is being planned as a platform for Bee to apply her smart and satirical point of view to current and relevant issues.

[03/05/15 - 11:58 AM]
Nickelodeon's "Kids' Choice Awards" Host Nick Jonas, Platinum Selling Rapper Iggy Azalea with Grammy-Winner Jennifer Hudson, And Award Winning Pop-Rock Band 5 Seconds of Summer to Perform at This Year's Show
"We are so excited to be nominated and perform at the Kids' Choice Awards! It's our first time at the show and it's going to be awesome!" said 5 Seconds of Summer.

[03/05/15 - 11:53 AM]
Starz Announces Elisabeth Shue and Jason Schwartzman to Guest Star on "Blunt Talk"
Shue and Schwartzman will both appear as possible guests for Walter Blunt's (Patrick Stewart) nightly cable news show "Blunt Talk."

[03/05/15 - 11:41 AM]
#BieberRoast Roasters to Include Hannibal Buress, Chris D'Elia, Natasha Leggero, Ludacris, Shaq, Snoop Dogg, Martha Stewart and More!
This year's dais will also feature some of today's hottest comedians including Hannibal Buress, Chris D'Elia, Natasha Leggero and Jeffrey Ross.

[03/05/15 - 11:31 AM]
NBC's "Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon" Returns with Brand New Episodes
Special half-hour episodes will air Saturday, March 7 and April 11 at 8:00/7:00c.

[03/05/15 - 10:59 AM]
"Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief," Highlighting Stories of Former Church of Scientology Members, Who Detail Their Lives as Followers, Debuts March 29 on HBO
Alex Gibney profiles eight former members of the Church of Scientology, whose most prominent adherents include A-list Hollywood celebrities, shining a light on how the church cultivates true believers, detailing their experiences and what they are willing to do in the name of religion.

[03/05/15 - 10:35 AM]
AMC Continues the "Mad Men" Celebration with the Release of a Series of Tributes
Bryan Cranston, David O. Russell and Gayle King, among others, reminisce about the pilot, memorable moments and the end of the "Mad Men" era.

[03/05/15 - 10:06 AM]
Four Conference Champions Punch NCAA Tickets on FOX Sports 1
FOX Sports 1, for the second consecutive year, is the exclusive home for the entire BIG EAST Men's Basketball Tournament from Madison Square Garden in New York City, including on-site studio coverage throughout the event.

[03/05/15 - 10:00 AM]
"ACM Presents: Superstar Duets!," A New Entertainment Special Featuring an Unprecedented Lineup of Country Music Legends Performng Alongside This Year's ACM Award Nominees and Chart-Topping Artists, To Be Broadcast Friday, May 15 on CBS
Dierks Bentley, Clint Black, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Miranda Lambert, Patty Loveless, Ronnie Milsap, Darius Rucker, Dwight Yoakam, Alabama, Eli Young Band and Florida Georgia Line among those slated to appear.

[03/05/15 - 09:33 AM]
Series Premiere of "CSI: Cyber" Posts Significant Gains in the Time Period and Versus Year Ago
CBS spins the numbers for Wednesday, March 4.

[03/05/15 - 08:46 AM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Investigates the Real Story That Inspired CBS' Limited Event Series "The Dovekeepers"
The new one-hour special, "Siege of Masada," premiering Friday, March 27 at 9:00/8:00c, examines the evidence behind this powerful legend.

[03/05/15 - 08:32 AM]
Netflix Announces New Drama Series "The OA"
Eight hour-long episodes of the series will premiere exclusively across all Netflix territories in 2016.

[03/05/15 - 08:30 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Empire" Remains Unstoppable for FOX
The network's juggernaut climbs to a 5.7 rating among adults 18-49.

[03/05/15 - 08:24 AM]
Animal Planet's #1 Series Returns Sunday, April 5 - Jeremy Wade Goes to New Depths in the Most Daring "River Monsters" Expeditions Yet
In the season finale, Wade travels back in time to uncover the greatest river monster that ever lived in the ground-breaking special "River Monsters: Prehistoric Terror," premiering in late May during Animal Planet's fourth annual "Monster Week."