[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[08/25/16 - 02:27 PM]
"Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" Premieres New Season From Las Vegas on Monday, September 12
Las Vegas has become one of the premier entertainment capitals of the world, and beginning this fall, "Millionaire" will originate from its new production home at Bally's Las Vegas.

[08/25/16 - 02:25 PM]
FOX Brings Live MLS Matches Alongside NFL Coverage For First Match Ever
The network will feature two MLS matches airing live adjacent to regional National Football League broadcasts as part of a joint MLS and NFL lineup on Sunday, September 18.

[08/25/16 - 01:04 PM]
A&E Network Premieres Two-Hour Documentary Ahead of the 20th Anniversary of JonBenet Ramsey's Brutal Murder
A&E reveals never-before-seen case details, including Burke Ramsey's 1998 interview tape detailing his first-hand account of the events at that time.

[08/25/16 - 11:50 AM]
Ann Coulter, Jewel, Ralph Macchio, Nikki Glaser Added to #LoweRoast Roster
They'll join Jimmy Carr, Pete Davidson, Peyton Manning, Rob Riggle, Jeff Ross and Roast Master David Spade.

[08/25/16 - 11:38 AM]
Real Estate/Renovation Stars Dave and Kortney Wilson Prep for Season Two of HGTV's "Masters of Flip"
Look for the first of 14 new episodes on Monday, October 3, at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/25/16 - 11:01 AM]
Video: IFC Releases First Full Trailer for the "Season 51" Return of Emmy-Nominated "Documentary Now!"
As previously announced, the series returns Wednesday September 14 at 10:00/9:00c.

[08/25/16 - 11:00 AM]
"CBS All Access" Subscription Service Now Available on Xbox One
For $5.99 a month, CBS All Access offers more than 7,500 on-demand episodes from the current season and previous seasons of classic shows, as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live in more than 150 markets across the U.S.

[08/25/16 - 10:44 AM]
HBO's "The Night Of" Heads Into Finale with Strong Momentum Averaging 7 Million Viewers
HBO spins the numbers for the summer to date.

[08/25/16 - 10:02 AM]
FYI Greenlights New Original Series "Stove Tots"
Production begins immediately on 13 one-hour episodes with the series slated to premiere in 2017.

[08/25/16 - 10:01 AM]
IFC's Comedy Crib Partners with the New York Television Festival
The exclusive Comedy Crib collaboration will highlight the selected projects through the end of the year.

[08/25/16 - 10:00 AM]
HBO Confirms Lineup of Comedy Programming for Upcoming Months
Highlights include new specials from Jerrod Carmichael, Pete Holmes and T.J. Miller.

[08/25/16 - 09:34 AM]
Showtime(R) Sets Premiere Date for "Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee"
Oscar nominee and two-time Sundance Film Festival winner Nanette Burstein delivers a deep investigation into the mysterious life of visionary anti-virus entrepreneur John McAfee.

[08/25/16 - 09:33 AM]
History(R) Commemorates the 15th Anniversary of the September 11th Terrorist Attacks with a Week of Original Primetime Specials
A new special, "15 Septembers Later," will premiere on Labor Day, Monday, September 5 at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/25/16 - 09:24 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC, "Got Talent" Seal Another Victory
The Peacock continues its win streak among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[08/25/16 - 09:00 AM]
"ACM Honors" Performers Added - Alicia Keys, Miranda Lambert and More!
Plus: Mike Fisher, Emmylou Harris, Martina McBride and Thomas Rhett will present at the ceremony taking place Tuesday, August 30, at Nashville's historic Ryman Auditorium.