[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[09/15/14 - 01:22 PM]
"Genesis - Sum of the Parts" to Make Its Premiere on Showtime(R)
The film reunites the multi-Platinum-selling, Grammy(R)-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted band to tell personal accounts of their rise to fame and fortune.

[09/15/14 - 12:49 PM]
FX Rides "Sons of Anarchy" to Record Ratings
FX spins the numbers for Tuesday, September 9.

[09/15/14 - 12:25 PM]
Galaxy's Quest: On October 11, Cat Daddy Jackson Galaxy Returns to Rescue Frantic Felines and Their Guardians
"My Cat from Hell" returns with seven all-new episodes of rescuing out-of-control cats and repairing the relationships they're ruining.

[09/15/14 - 12:16 PM]
New Episodes of CNBC's Popular Series "The Profit" Return Tuesday, October 14 at 10PM ET/PT
The 10 original hour-long episodes, including a special update episode, follow self-made millionaire and serial entrepreneur Marcus Lemonis as he saves struggling businesses while investing his own cash in the process.

[09/15/14 - 11:01 AM]
Travis Pastrana and the "Nitro Circus Live" Crew Return to MTV2 for All-New Season on Wednesday, October 8 at 11 P.M. ET/PT
Additionally, "Nitro Circus: The Movie" will make its world television premiere on MTV2 on Wednesday October 1 at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT.

[09/15/14 - 10:52 AM]
Take It Off with VH1 for Season Two of "Dating Naked"
The first season of "Dating Naked" has been averaging a .6 among Adults 18-49 and averaging 1 million total viewers (P 2+) each week, based on Live +3 ratings.

[09/15/14 - 10:28 AM]
A&E Network Premieres New Original Series "Dead Again" Thursday, October 2 at 10:00 PM ET/PT
The hour-long series follows a top team of detectives who will re-examine controversial murder cases in which unresolved questions still linger long after the verdict was determined.

[09/15/14 - 10:11 AM]
Hallmark Channel Announces World Television Premiere of Hallmark Hall of Fame Original Movie, "One Christmas Eve", Starring Anne Heche, November 30
In "One Christmas Eve," Anne Heche stars as a recently-divorced mom who wants her two kids' first Christmas "without dad" to be perfect.

[09/15/14 - 10:04 AM]
Langley Productions and Spike TV to Honor "Cops" Audio Technician Bryce Dion
Bryce Dion was a 7-year veteran of "Cops" who was tragically killed during production on August 26 in Omaha, NE.

[09/15/14 - 09:43 AM]
"Friends Flyaway to New York" Sweepstakes Gives Fans a Chance to Win a Trip to Visit the Central Perk Pop-Up Shop Brought to You by Eight O'clock Coffee
Said contest is timed with the 20th anniversary of the premiere of "Friends."

[09/15/14 - 09:36 AM]
Syfy's New Zombie Series "Z Nation" Bites Off 1.6 Million Viewers During September 12 Premiere
Syfy spins the numbers for Friday, September 12.

[09/15/14 - 09:14 AM]
American Heroes Channel Reveals How History Got It Wrong in "America: Facts vs. Fiction"
The series returns with with back-to-back episodes on Tuesday, October 7 at 10:00/9:00c.

[09/15/14 - 09:00 AM]
"Conan" to Celebrate George Harrison the Week of Sept. 22 with Performances by Beck, Norah Jones, Dhani Harrison & Friends and More
The celebration will coincide with the release of George Harrison: The Apple Years 1968-75, a major reissue of the artists' first six solo albums.

[09/15/14 - 08:58 AM]
Nickelodeon's TV and Digital Channels to Go Dark for Eleventh Annual Worldwide Day of Play, Saturday, Sept. 20
Additionally, the network's national prosocial partners - United States Tennis Association, NFL PLAY 60, the Boys and Girls Club of America and Key Club, among others - will host several thousand local events across the country to help celebrate kids' love of play.

[09/15/14 - 08:47 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: "Sunday Night Football" Keeps NBC on Top
The Peacock easily wins the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.