[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (BRAVO)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[04/16/21 - 03:30 PM]
93rd Oscars(R) Performers Kick Off Oscar(R) Sunday
Celeste, H.E.R., Leslie Odom Jr., Laura Pausini, Daniel Pemberton, Molly Sandén and Diane Warren will perform the five nominated original songs in their entirety for "Oscars(R): Into the Spotlight," the lead-in to the 93rd Oscars.

[04/16/21 - 02:26 PM]
FOX to Shuffle Thursday Lineup Starting April 29
Repeats of "Name That Tune" will inherit the "Hell's Kitchen" slot at 8:00/7:00c, followed by "Last Man Standing" at 9:00/8:00c and newcomer "Let's Be Real" at 9:30/8:30c (replacing "The Moodys").

[04/16/21 - 02:00 PM]
discovery+ True Crime Highlights - Weeks of April 26 and May 3
"When Philip Met Missy" and "Queen of Meth" are among the latest additions in the coming weeks.

[04/16/21 - 12:02 PM]
FX Sets Date for Renowned Artist David Choe's TV Canvas "The Choe Show"
FX will air all five episodes of the series on Friday, June 25 beginning at 10:00/9:00c.

[04/16/21 - 10:01 AM]
Ballroom Competition Series "Legendary" Returns May 6 on HBO Max
This season features 10 new houses igniting the catwalk to battle for the legendary trophy and the $100,000 cash prize.

[04/16/21 - 10:00 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Leads Night in Viewers, Demos
"Grey's Anatomy" tops the charts for the Alphabet among adults 18-49.

[04/16/21 - 09:02 AM]
This Is Where It All Started - The Final Season of "Castlevania" Arrives May 13
Netflix confirmed the news on social media today.

[04/16/21 - 08:20 AM]
New Blood Ignites Flames on Season Six of "Growing Up Hip Hop" Premiering Thursday, May 13 at 9 PM ET on WE tv
Grammy Award-winning producer Stevie J, daughter Savannah and son Stevie Jr., as well as famed industry vet Luther "Uncle Luke" Campbell and daughter Cree, join the stacked cast this year.

[04/16/21 - 07:59 AM]
Starz Picks Up "Shining Vale" Horror Comedy Series Starring Courteney Cox, Greg Kinnear and Mira Sorvino
Merrin Dungey, Gus Birney and Dylan Gage also star in the project, from Jeff Astrof and Sharon Horgan.

[04/16/21 - 07:00 AM]
Danish Drama "Blinded - Those Who Kill" Debuts Exclusively on Acorn TV on Monday, May 10
The series revolves around an unsolved case in which three young men were killed within a few months.

[04/16/21 - 05:30 AM]
U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry Guests on Nickelodeon's Brand-New Earth Day Special, "Nick News: Kids and the Impact of Climate Change"
The hour-long special will tackle environmental issues, educate kids on the importance of protecting the planet and empower action through stories of kids and families across the country who are working to address the effects of climate change in their communities.

[04/15/21 - 11:39 PM]
Development Update: Thursday, April 15
Updates include: Gabriel Luna tapped for "The Last of Us" at HBO; Anika Noni Rose to star in Showtime's "Let the Right One In"; and Fabien Frankel boards HBO's "House of the Dragon."

[04/15/21 - 06:01 PM]
Video: "Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness" - Character Trailer - Netflix
The world of Resident Evil that intertwines horror, action and suspense is presented with beautiful and realistic visuals in this brand-new entertainment epic on a unprecedented scale.

[04/15/21 - 02:45 PM]
YouTube Originals Reveals Artist and Creator Zach "ZHC" Hsieh as New Host for Second Season of Hit Competition Series "Instant Influencer"
The next iteration of the eight-part series will follow a new format where 10 up-and-coming artists will compete for the coveted title and a $100,000 prize.

[04/15/21 - 01:37 PM]
Lori Arnold Exposes Her Life as a Drug-Dealing Queenpin in the Exclusive discovery+ Docuseries "Queen of Meth"
The explosive three-hour docuseries begins streaming on discovery+ on Friday, May 7.