[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[10/19/14 - 09:08 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC Dominates the Night with Notre Dame/Florida State Matchup
The network's "Saturday Night Football" franchise delivers more than 12 million viewers on average in primetime.

[10/18/14 - 08:39 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: "Shark Tank" Powers ABC to Top Demo Spot
Plus: the Alphabet's "Last Man Standing" posts week-to-week gains among adults 18-49.

[10/18/14 - 08:34 AM]
"The Blacklist" Grows by 53% in 18-49 and 4.979 Million Viewers Overall Going from Live + Same Day to Live + 3
NBC further spins the numbers for Monday, October 13.

[10/18/14 - 08:33 AM]
"Dateline NBC" Hits Three-Week Highs in 18-49 and Total Viewers, With Its Top Results Since September 26
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, October 17.

[10/18/14 - 08:30 AM]
For the 4th Straight Week, ABC Is #1 on Friday with "Shark Tank" as the Top-Rated Show in Adults 18-49
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, October 17.

[10/17/14 - 04:16 PM]
Netflix and Leonardo DiCaprio Partner on Upcoming Documentary "Virunga," Premiering November 7
The film follows an embattled team of park rangers and the endangered mountain gorillas they protect, as they are caught in the crossfire of poachers, militia and industry in Africa's oldest national park.

[10/17/14 - 02:57 PM]
With Live + 3 for Sunday and Replays, "The Affair" Has Been Viewed by 1.68 Million Viewers on the Linear Network
Showtime further spins the numbers for Sunday, October 12.

[10/17/14 - 01:31 PM]
Another Big Audience Sees Giants Win Pennant in Dramatic, Walk-Off Fashion on FOX Sports 1
FOX Sports spins the numbers for Thursday, October 16.

[10/17/14 - 01:05 PM]
Climb Aboard the "Home Sweet Bus" in New TLC Special
The cable channel hits the road with the musical and mobile Allen family as they perform across the country and live in their home on wheels.

[10/17/14 - 11:29 AM]
A Third-Consecutive Year of Disney XD's "Pranksgiving," a Cornucopia of Fun-Filled Programming, Is Set for November
Highlights include an all-new edition of the hit hidden-camera series "Just Kidding," hosted by multi-talented actor Calum Worthy.

[10/17/14 - 11:24 AM]
Syfy and Chiller Win Five Awards for Creative Design at Prestigious 44th Annual Creativity International Awards
Work on "Helix," "Dominion," "Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge" and "The Monkey's Paw" were among those honored.

[10/17/14 - 09:56 AM]
A&E's Hit Original Series "Duck Dynasty" Returns for Season 7
The Robertsons embark on a family trip to Scotland in the one-hour season premiere on Wednesday, November 19 at 9:00/8:00c.

[10/17/14 - 09:31 AM]
Nat Geo WILD's Fifth Annual "Big Cat Week" Returns with Its Most Jaw-Dropping Lineup Ever
For five years, Nat Geo WILD has turned its lens on these majestic creatures during its annual event to shine a light on their struggle and to remind viewers of their importance in the world.

[10/17/14 - 08:50 AM]
"The Biggest Loser" Hits a Five-Week High in Total Viewers
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, October 16.

[10/17/14 - 08:32 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Demos for Sixth Consecutive Week
"Thursday Night Football" once again powers the Eye to the front among adults 18-49.