[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[12/02/16 - 01:03 PM]
"Saturday Night Live" Celebrates the Holiday Season with Three Back-to-Back Shows
John Cena and Casey Affleck will follow the previously announced Emma Stone.

[12/02/16 - 01:03 PM]
Animal Planet Highlights One Organization's Mission to Protect and Rescue Animals in New Series "The Guardians"
In this all-new series, Animal Planet introduces this volunteer-run organization called Guardians of Rescue and follows its quest to help any animal in need - anywhere, anytime.

[12/02/16 - 12:00 PM]
Beloved Actress Betty White to Be "Young & Hungry" with a Guest Star Role on Freeform's Original Comedy
White will play Ms. Wilson, Gabi's neighbor who she encounters after a misunderstanding with Josh leaves Gabi confused about what to do.

[12/02/16 - 11:38 AM]
"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Hits Series Highs in The CW's #DCWeek Finale
The CW spins the numbers for Thursday, December 1.

[12/02/16 - 11:28 AM]
E!'s New Docu-Series "So Cosmo" - Set at the Glamorous Epi-center of Pop Culture, Cosmopolitan Magazine - Premieres Wed., Feb. 8 at 8 PM ET/PT
Plus: look for a preview special on Tuesday, December 20 at 8:00/7:00c.

[12/02/16 - 11:00 AM]
Freeform Shares Their Holiday Spirit with Annual Gift-giving Initiative Pop Up Santa and Holiday-themed Shorts "Funny Or Die Presents Santa's Shorts"
All of these jolly holiday moments can be seen during "25 Days of Christmas" airing December 1 - 25, on the Freeform app and on 25DaysofChristmasTV.com.

[12/02/16 - 10:44 AM]
TBS Heads into "Final Space" with New Animated Comedy from Olan Rogers
Part of TBS's continued push into animation, "Final Space" is a serialized intergalactic space saga about an astronaut named Gary and his adorable, planet-destroying friend, Mooncake.

[12/02/16 - 09:58 AM]
AMC Releases First Look Photos from Season Two of "Into the Badlands"
The 10 episode second season will debut in March of 2017.

[12/02/16 - 09:30 AM]
Video: Craving More "Comedy Bang! Bang!"? Watch Four Never-Before-Seen Clips on IFC.com!
After 110 episodes of top-notch couch guests and wildly unpredictable interviews by host Scott Aukerman, the series is coming to an end after five "slightly off" seasons.

[12/02/16 - 09:16 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Charts with "Thursday Night Football"
The Peacock eclipses the competition among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[12/02/16 - 08:10 AM]
"The Handmaid's Tale" First Look Photos
Elisabeth Moss, Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne Strahovski and Samira Wiley co-star in the drama, premiering in April.

[12/02/16 - 07:27 AM]
American Heroes Channel Commemorates the 75th Anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor with Premiere of "Pearl Harbor: The Heroes Who Fought Back"
The one-hour special premieres Wednesday, December 7 at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[12/02/16 - 06:53 AM]
HGTV's "Fixer Upper" Season Four Scores Its Highest-Rated Premiere Ever
HGTV spins the numbers for Tuesday, November 29.

[12/01/16 - 01:09 PM]
OWN's Hit Tyler Perry Drama "The Haves and the Have Nots" Returns with All-New Episodes This January
The series returns for season four with all-new episodes on Tuesday, January 3 at 9:00/8:00c.

[12/01/16 - 12:19 PM]
"Arrow" Shoots to Season Highs as #DCWeek Continues
The CW spins the numbers for Wednesday, November 30.