[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (BRAVO)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[01/23/19 - 02:38 PM]
Video: History(R) Unveils First Tease Promo of Mark Hamill in Season Two of Drama Series "Knightfall"
The spot will air this evening during the network's hit drama "Vikings."

[01/23/19 - 12:34 PM]
Bravo Media's "Summer House" Gets Hot This Winter with Its Premiere on Monday, March 4 at 10PM ET/PT
Kyle Cooke, Amanda Batula, Carl Radke, Lindsay Hubbard, and Danielle Olivera are joined by Hannah Berner, Paige DeSorbo and Jordan Verroi as they embark on a journey of endless fun, drama and hook-ups.

[01/23/19 - 12:11 PM]
TLC's "Counting On" Returns for Its Fourth Season, Bringing Fans Back Into the Duggar-Seewald-Vuolo Homes for the Family's Most Intimate Highs and Heartbreaks
New episodes kick off Monday, February 11 at 9:00/8:00c on the cable channel.

[01/23/19 - 11:21 AM]
First Look at Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor
He'll make his debut in the "Supergirl" episode entitled "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" airing on Sunday, March 17.

[01/23/19 - 11:03 AM]
Ramy Youssef to Headline His First Stand-Up Comedy Special for HBO
To be taped before a live audience in New York City this spring, the exclusive hour-long presentation will be executive produced by Youssef and Jerrod Carmichael, produced by A24 and directed by Chris Storer.

[01/23/19 - 10:01 AM]
USA Network Renews "Suits" for Its Ninth and Final Season
Season eight resumes tonight at 10:00/9:00c on the cable channel.

[01/23/19 - 10:00 AM]
WGN America, Sony Pictures Television and Canada's CTV Pick Up "Carter" for Season Two
Andy Berman joins as showrunner and executive producer for its sophomore season, which will return to North Bay, Ontario to commence production this spring.

[01/23/19 - 10:00 AM]
Instagram Favorite Dr. Evan Antin Travels the World Chasing His Wildlife Bucket List for Animal Planet
"Evan Goes Wild" premieres Sunday, February 24 at 9:00/8:00c.

[01/23/19 - 09:52 AM]
Sony Crackle Secures Exclusive Streaming Rights to All-New Ubisoft(R) Esports Documentary, "To Win It All: The Road to the Six Invitational," Set to Debut Friday, January 25
The documentary follows three top players from around the globe as they try to balance their lives, relationships, and training all while chasing a chance to compete in the Six Invitational and win a life-changing over $1MM prize pool.

[01/23/19 - 09:02 AM]
"Hot Streets" Is Back on the Case with Season Two Premiering February 24th
Joining the cast is veteran actor, Ernie Hudson who lends his voice as Jet Jr., a new character this season.

[01/23/19 - 09:01 AM]
History Celebrates Presidents Day with Two-Night Event "Presidents at War" Premiering February 17
The specials tell the story of World War II through the remarkable experiences of eight men who served in active duty - Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush - eight men who would go on to be Presidents.

[01/23/19 - 09:01 AM]
Video: Comedy Central Releases Final Trailer for "Broad City's" Final Season
Plus: "Broad City" is also partnering with online bidding site Screenbid to auction off rare props, wardrobes, set decorations and other iconic items from the show.

[01/23/19 - 09:00 AM]
FX Announces Premiere Date for "Fosse/Verdon"
Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams star in the eight-episode limited series, due on Tuesday, April 9.

[01/23/19 - 08:38 AM]
Flip or Flop's Tarek El Moussa to Star in New HGTV Pilot
The pilot, currently in production, features Tarek as he partners with real estate novices to help them learn the secrets of a successful flip.

[01/23/19 - 08:13 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Remains on Top with "This Is Us"
The Peacock takes home top honors in total viewers and adults 18-49.