[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

[10/03/15 - 09:18 AM]
"Dateline NBC" Grows Week to Week by 10% in Both 18-49 and Total Viewers
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, October 2.

[10/03/15 - 09:03 AM]
"Gotham" Week 2 Rises 63% in Nielsen Live + 3 Day, Outrating Season Premiere
FOX further spins the numbers for Monday, September 28.

[10/03/15 - 08:47 AM]
"Blindspot" Generates NBC's Biggest Live + 3 Day 18-49 Lift in Nearly a Year
NBC further spins the numbers for Monday, September 28.

[10/03/15 - 08:21 AM]
ABC Wins Its 2nd Straight Friday in Adults 18-49, Outdelivering Runner-Up CBS by 17%
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, October 2.

[10/02/15 - 03:33 PM]
ABC to Give "Quantico" Another Encore on Tuesday; "Beyond the Tank" Pushed Again
The newcomer's second episode, due this Sunday, will likewise rebroadcast on Tuesday, October 6 at 10:00/9:00c.

[10/02/15 - 02:25 PM]
ABC Family to Give Fans Access to Talent and Unique Photo Opportunities During New York Comic Con on October 8-11
"Pretty Little Liars," "Stitchers" and "Shadowhunters" are among the participating series.

[10/02/15 - 01:52 PM]
"Baring It All: Inside New York Fashion Week," a Special Programming Event, to Air October 14 on ABC Family
The two-hour documentary produced by Gennifer Gardiner and IMG's Will Staeger and Mike Antinoro showcases a fresh take on New York Fashion Week, following industry insiders who are changing the fashion landscape.

[10/02/15 - 01:09 PM]
VH1's Primetime Ratings for Third Quarter Surge Ahead 34% Over Prior Quarter Among Adults 18-49
VH1 spins the numbers for the third quarter of 2015.

[10/02/15 - 12:50 PM]
Investigation Discovery Tops All of Ad-Supported Cable for Delivery of W25-54 in September
Investigation Discovery spins the numbers for the month of September.

[10/02/15 - 12:44 PM]
Showtime(R) Debuts Critically-Acclaimed Documentary Film "Listen to Me Marlon" on Saturday, November 14th at 9 PM ET/PT
Directed by Stevan Riley, the film unlocks two-time Oscar(R) winner Marlon Brando's extensive never-before-heard personal audio archive.

[10/02/15 - 11:11 AM]
ABC Prime Posts the Biggest L+3 Lifts with 6 of the Top 10 Playback Gainers
ABC further spins the numbers for the week of September 21-27.

[10/02/15 - 11:00 AM]
More People Watch Portions of CBS News' Major News Programs During Premiere Week Than Any Other Broadcast Network's News Offerings
CBS News spins the numbers for the week of September 21-27.

[10/02/15 - 10:51 AM]
CBS Premiere Week Multi-Platform Snapshot
CBS further spins the numbers for the week of September 21-27.

[10/02/15 - 10:44 AM]
"The Big Bang Theory" Moves Ahead of "Sunday Night Football" as Premiere Week's Number One Program with L+3 Viewing
CBS further spins the numbers for the week of September 21-27.

[10/02/15 - 10:32 AM]
CBS Renews "Zoo," Summer's #1 Scripted Series, For Summer 2016
"'Zoo's' thrilling stories clicked with audiences each week during a very competitive summer," said Glenn Geller.