[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[05/01/16 - 08:37 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Demos with NHL Playoffs
Coverage of Pittsburgh at Washington leads the night among adults 18-49.

[05/01/16 - 08:33 AM]
Penguins-Capitals Stanley Cup Playoff Hockey Leads Saturday in 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Saturday, April 30.

[04/30/16 - 01:17 PM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Viewers, Splits Demo Crown with ABC
"Blue Bloods" is the night's most-watched program while "Shark Tank" tops the charts among adults 18-49.

[04/30/16 - 08:38 AM]
ABC Is #1 on Friday in Adults 18-49 as "Shark Tank" Surges to a 10-Week High
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, April 29.

[04/30/16 - 08:31 AM]
"Dateline" Grows, "Grimm" & "Caught on Camera" Maintain 100% Week-to-Week
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, April 29.

[04/29/16 - 10:01 PM]
Winner Announced on "Hell's Kitchen"
The winner received a Head Chef position at BLT Steak at Bally's Las Vegas, a total prize value of $250,000.

[04/29/16 - 04:26 PM]
Discovery Channel Dominates April with More Top Ten Unscripted Cable Series with Men Than Any Other Network
Discovery spins the numbers for the month of April to date.

[04/29/16 - 04:10 PM]
Video: Watch First Looks at "MasterChef" Premiering Wednesday, June 1, at 9/8c, on FOX!
Judging the battle rounds will be Gordon Ramsay and Christina Tosi, who will taste for flavor, creativity and presentation.

[04/29/16 - 04:04 PM]
It's Official: Season 2 of Netflix's "The Ranch" Coming in 2017!
Co-stars Ashton Kutcher, Danny Masterson and Sam Elliott shared the news in a video message this afternoon.

[04/29/16 - 03:22 PM]
Science Channel Delivers Highest Rated and Most Watched April Among Total Viewers and Key Demos
Science Channel spins the numbers for the month of April to date.

[04/29/16 - 12:36 PM]
Hulu Announces Straight-to-Series Order for "The Handmaid's Tale" from MGM Television
The series will be created, executive produced and written by Bruce Miller with Daniel Wilson, Fran Sears and Warren Littlefield serving as executive producers.

[04/29/16 - 12:32 PM]
Season Eight Winner Sawyer Fredericks and Hot Band DNCE to Appear on "The Voice" Tuesday, May 3
Fredericks not only won season eight but also set a record for the first artist to have 14 songs in the iTunes Top 200 singles chart in one week.

[04/29/16 - 12:18 PM]
Showtime 2016 Summer Programming Overview
Highlights include the return of "The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth" on Sunday, July 10 at 8:00/7:00c.

[04/29/16 - 11:16 AM]
Velocity Keeps Foot on the Gas in April with High Single and Double-Digit Ratings Increases
Velocity spins the numbers for the month of April to date.

[04/29/16 - 10:44 AM]
New Premiere Time Alert - "NASCAR: The Rise of American Speed" Three Night Special Events Premieres May 8, 15 and 22 tt 9PM ET/PT
The three-part event will now air at 9:00/8:00c instead of 10:00/9:00c as previously announced.