[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[07/04/15 - 08:45 AM]
"Dateline NBC" Is the #1 Big 4 Telecast of the Night in Adults 18-49 and 25-54
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, July 3.

[07/04/15 - 08:37 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, NBC Share Demo Crown in Repeat Battle
CBS then is the most-watched network last night.

[07/03/15 - 08:54 AM]
Thursday's Broadcast Ratings: CBS Tops Original Showdown with "Big Brother"
The Eye leads the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49.

[07/03/15 - 08:39 AM]
ABC's "Astronaut Wives Club" Improves Its Hour - "Rookie Blue" Holds 100% of Its Premiere
ABC spins the numbers for Thursday, July 2.

[07/03/15 - 08:30 AM]
"Food Fighters" Ties for #2 in Its Time Period Among the Big 4 Networks in Adults 18-49
NBC spins the numbers for Thursday, July 2.

[07/02/15 - 03:51 PM]
FOX Bursts Into San Diego Comic-Con with World Premiere Screenings and Panel Debuts of "Scream Queens," "Minority Report" and "Lucifer"
Panels for "Lucifer," "Minority Report" and "Bob's Burgers" will kick things off on Friday, July 10.

[07/02/15 - 01:59 PM]
Discovery Channel Delivers All New Digital Content and Social Media Action During "Shark Week 2015"
Sharkopedia - Discovery's ultimate digital guide to all things shark - makes its online debut this year.

[07/02/15 - 11:49 AM]
FOX Sports Expands FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 Coverage with 30 Hours of Added Programming
Said additions include expanded pre- and post-game coverage of the championship match, a pair of marathons showcasing the U.S. Women's National Team's dramatic run to the final and more.

[07/02/15 - 11:06 AM]
The Biting Snark Continues on WE tv - Network's Second Annual "Snark Week" Featuring the Snarkiest Personalities and Shows Returns July 6-10
This year's on-air celebration includes biting one-liners from new episodes of WE tv's original series "Braxton Family Values," "Cutting It: In the ATL" and "Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars."

[07/02/15 - 10:33 AM]
ABC's "The Chew" to Broadcast from the 20th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Emmy-winning lifestyle series will tape five shows on October 7-9 to air during the week of October 12-16.

[07/02/15 - 10:18 AM]
Jimmy Fallon and Seth Meyers Rank #1 for the Late-Night Second Quarter vs. Their ABC-CBS Competition in All Key Measures
NBC spins the late-night numbers for the second quarter of 2015.

[07/02/15 - 10:00 AM]
Donald Glover Pilot "Atlanta" Casts Its Leads as Production Gets Underway
Brian Tyree Henry, Lakeith Lee Stanfield and Zazie Beetz will co-star while Hiro Murai is set to direct.

[07/02/15 - 09:46 AM]
Season Three Premieres of the Hit Dramas "Ray Donovan" and "Masters of Sex" Are Available for Early Sampling
Viewers can sample the TV-14 rated premieres of both episodes for free now on YouTube and SHO.com.

[07/02/15 - 09:12 AM]
"Nightline" Wins 2Q15 in Total Viewers For Second Year in a Row, Leading in Four of the Last Five Quarters
ABC spins the late-night numbers for the second quarter of 2015.

[07/02/15 - 08:52 AM]
A+E Networks(R) Launches Lifetime(R) Movie Club(TM)
The subscription video service comes in time for the 25-year anniversary of Lifetime Movies and is available exclusively on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch at launch.