[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[01/28/15 - 02:41 PM]
"Pretty Little Liars" Is Tuesday's #1 TV Telecast in Women 18-34 and Females 12-34
ABC Family spins the numbers for Tuesday, January 27.

[01/28/15 - 02:27 PM]
Tamera Mowry of ABC Family's "Melissa & Joey" to Participate in Live Twitter Chat with Fans Tonight
Starting at 8pm ET/5pm PT, fans can tweet Tamera Mowry (@TameraMowryTwo) using #MelissaandJoeychat in their message.

[01/28/15 - 02:23 PM]
Disney XD's Special 1-Hour "Lab Rats" Delivers 6-Month Ratings Highs in Total Viewers and Across Target Kid and Boy Demographics
Disney XD spins the numbers for Monday, January 26.

[01/28/15 - 02:20 PM]
History's(R) "Sons of Liberty" Concludes with 3.3 Million Total Viewers
History spins the numbers for Tuesday, January 27.

[01/28/15 - 02:10 PM]
TNT to Premiere "Neighborhood Sessions with Jennifer Lopez," First in a New Series of Music Specials with Partner State Farm(R)
The special is slated to premiere Saturday, February 14 during TNT's exclusive coverage of NBA All-Star Weekend, directly following the network's coverage of State Farm NBA All-Star Saturday.

[01/28/15 - 01:35 PM]
Romance Takes Center Stage in Oxygen Media's "Two Weeks of Real Love" Movie Marathon Beginning Monday, February 2 Leading Up to Valentine's Day
The romantic comedies include fan favorites such as the 1989 classic "Say Anything" "Maid in Manhattan," "Serendipity," "13 Going on 30," "License to Wed" and more.

[01/28/15 - 01:19 PM]
"Gold Rush" Sets Season Record with More Than Six Million Viewers on Friday, January 23
Discovery spins the numbers for Friday, January 23.

[01/28/15 - 01:16 PM]
Premiere of "Ellen's Design Challenge" Captures #1 Spot on HGTV's Monday Night Lineup
HGTV spins the numbers for Monday, January 26.

[01/28/15 - 11:42 AM]
Video: Key & Peele Deliver All-New East/West Bowl "Pro Edition" Ahead of the "Key & Peele Super Bowl Special"
The special premieres Super Bowl Weekend on Friday, January 30 at 10:00/9:00c on Comedy Central.

[01/28/15 - 11:28 AM]
WGN America Announces Premiere Date for Season Two of Its Spellbinding Original Drama "Salem" and Debuts First-Look Photo
The show's 13-episode sophomore run kicks off on Sunday, April 5 at 10:00/9:00c.

[01/28/15 - 11:25 AM]
Nick Offerman Stars in Digital Short Promoting NBC Sports Group's NASCAR Coverage
One 30-second and one 60-second TV spot from the video will air this Sunday during NBC's broadcast of Super Bowl XLIX, beginning with pre-game coverage at Noon ET.

[01/28/15 - 11:18 AM]
Trailer Park: "Welcome to Myrtle Manor" Is Back on the Map with Season Three on TLC
Look for the first of 10 new episodes on Thursday, February 26 at 10:00/9:00c.

[01/28/15 - 11:01 AM]
New Spike TV Series Helps Families in Financial Crisis
In "Family Takeover," Victor Antonio, a Fortune 500 business strategist, helps families pull themselves out from the economic abyss.

[01/28/15 - 10:04 AM]
Production Has Begun on the Starz Original Series "Blunt Talk"
The Patrick Stewart-led comedy will launch this summer on the pay channel.

[01/28/15 - 09:26 AM]
Bravo Media Celebrates the Oscars on "Inside the Actors Studio" with Neil Patrick Harris Airing February 12 at 8PM ET/PT
"We have a history of celebrating the Academy Awards on 'Inside the Actors Studio,'" said Lipton. "This year we have the Oscar host himself, Neil Patrick Harris, making magic, literally and figuratively, on our stage."