[07/26/07 - 10:26 PM]
The Ten Funniest New Comedians in the World Revealed on NBC's Lively Laughfest 'Last Coming Standing'
Plus: the two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

THE TEN FUNNIEST NEW COMEDIANS IN THE WORLD REVEALED ON NBC's LIVELY LAUGHFEST 'LAST COMING STANDING'

BURBANK, Calif. - July 26, 2007 � After an extensive international search, NBC's lively laughfest "Last Comic Standing" (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) revealed its final Top 10 comics last night.

Starting next week, the comics will face challenges and head-to-head showdowns where every vote will count as each comic has to avoid elimination to be awarded the coveted title of "last comic standing" � and the grand prize of $250,000, an exclusive talent contact with NBC Universal and his or her own half-hour comedy special on Bravo. The two-hour live season finale will be broadcast on Wednesday, Sept. 19 (9-11 p.m. ET).

Following are the "Last Comic Standing" Top 10 Comics and their reactions to being in the Top 10:

Doug Benson
San Diego, CA
"Getting into the top ten has changed my underwear. Because now I can afford to buy some new underwear."

Lavell Crawford
St. Louis, MO
"I was elated and flabbergasted. And I knew that God had smiled on a fool today."

Dante
Ridgecrest, CA
"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."

Gerry Dee
North York, Ontario, Canada
"Relief. Excitement and relief. Relief is definitely the key word."

Debra DiGiovanni
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada
"I'm super-duper excited! This could be the best thing that ever happened to my comedy career. Especially as a Canadian comic, it's great to be able to perform at an international level. It's going to be super fun!"

Ralph Harris, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA
"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."

Matt Kirshen
London, England
"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."

Jon Reep
Hickory, NC
"Well good. They got it right."

Amy Schumer
Manhattan, NY
"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"

Gina Yashere
London, England
"I had to wait a couple of seconds to make sure they said my name because I had been saying it in my head over and over again. I had to make sure it was Bill Bellamy saying it and not me."

Host Bill Bellamy, along with the talent scouts Alonzo Bodden, ANT and Kathleen Madigan, traveled the world as "Last Comic Standing" broadened its search this season. Auditions were held in London, Montreal, Sydney, Australia, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe.

"Last Comic Standing" is produced by Peter Engel Productions, Magical Elves and NBC Universal Television Studio. The executive producers are Peter Engel ("Saved By the Bell," "City Guys"), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Bravo's "Project Runway" and NBC's "Treasure Hunters") and Barry Katz ("Action," "Dane Cook's Tourgasm"), and Javier Winnik ("Last Comic Standing," "Treasure Hunters") is the co-executive producer.

[july 2007]

· ACTION (FOX)
· DANE COOK'S TOURGASM (HBO)
· LAST COMIC STANDING (NBC)
· PROJECT RUNWAY (LIFETIME)
· TREASURE HUNTERS (NBC)

[07/23/14 - 06:07 PM]
Check Out the New Arsenal Costume on "Arrow"!
Roy Harper suits up as Arsenal this season, premiering Wednesday, October 8 at 8:00/7:00c on The CW.

[07/23/14 - 05:24 PM]
The CW Nixes "Seed," "Backpackers"; "Arrow" Repeats to Fill Monday Gap
As previously announced "America's Next Top Model" will assume the Monday, 9:00/8:00c beginning August 18.

[07/23/14 - 01:02 PM]
"Game of Thrones" Star Michelle Fairley Returns to TV in a Season-Long Arc on ABC's "Resurrection"
Fairley will recur as Margaret Langston, the formidable matriarch of the Langston clan.

[07/23/14 - 12:00 PM]
IDW Entertainment and UCP to Develop "Night Mary" as a Live-Action Series
John Pogue, who wrote and directed the recently released film, The Quiet Ones, has been tapped to write and direct the pilot.

[07/23/14 - 11:51 AM]
After Discovery's "Shark Week" Comes "Bark Week": A Week-Long Event Celebrating Man's Best Friend on the Hub Network, Starting August 17
The tail-wagging week will feature four popular series from Animal Planet: "America's Cutest," "It's Me or the Dog," "Bad Dog!" and "Too Cute!"

[07/23/14 - 11:45 AM]
TLC Unveils New Brand Campaign and Tagline
The multi-million dollar campaign - "Everyone needs a little TLC." - is rolling out across the country in key media outlets.

[07/23/14 - 11:45 AM]
Syfy Develops NCredible Improv - Executive Producers Nick Cannon and Michael Goldman to Create Sci-Fi/Fantasy Sketch Competition Series
The show will be taped in front of a live audience and feature two teams battling for the biggest laughs to win points and prizes.

[07/23/14 - 11:32 AM]
The Cycle 21 Premiere of "America's Next Top Model" Moves Up to August 18
Original episodes will air on Mondays for six weeks, with encores airing Fridays.

[07/23/14 - 10:54 AM]
USA Network and Wattpad Forge First of Its Kind Partnership to Release a Prequel to "Dig" in Advance of the Drama's Fall Premiere
The 12-part serialized prequel is written by the "Dig" writers and can be accessed via the Wattpad app, and on Wattpad.com.

[07/23/14 - 10:47 AM]
CBS Corporation and Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo Announce the "Late Show with Stephen Colbert" Will Remain in New York
The agreement includes a commitment by CBS for approximately 200 New York-based jobs to support the daily program's year-round production schedule.

[07/23/14 - 10:22 AM]
"Thursday Night Football" Launches on Network Television with Primetime Special "Under the Lights" on Wednesday, Sept. 10 on CBS
The one-hour special will also encore on NFL Network the following Tuesday, September 16 at 10:00/9:00c.

[07/23/14 - 10:10 AM]
Syfy Unleashes a Category 5 Marketing Storm Behind "Sharknado 2: The Second One"
The Category 5 campaign will include a digital, social and in-store partnership with SUBWAY encompassing promotions at 26K locations nationwide.

[07/23/14 - 09:13 AM]
TV One Presents the Network Premiere Movie "Girlfriends' Getaway" on August 30 at 8PM/ET
Garcelle Beauvais, Terri J. Vaughn, Malinda Williams and Essence Atkins star in the project, which was shot entirely on location in Trinidad.

[07/23/14 - 09:10 AM]
"Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall" Series Premiere Rocks DIY Network's Ratings
DIY Network spins the numbers for Saturday, July 19.

[07/23/14 - 09:02 AM]
Fathom Events and NBC Sports Group Team Up to Bring Barclays Premier League 2014-15 Soccer Season to Select U.S. Cinemas
Americans will have the opportunity to see England's best in state-of-the-art projection and sound at select venues across the country on Saturdays throughout the Premier League season.