[12/17/07 - 09:15 AM]
Statement from Conan O'Brien
"[It] is only after a great deal of thought that I have decided to go back on the air on January 2nd," O'Brien says in a statement.

STATEMENT FROM CONAN O'BRIEN

Conan O'Brien Statement

"For the past seven weeks of the writers' strike, I have been and continue to be an ardent supporter of the WGA and their cause. My career in television started as a WGA member and my subsequent career as a performer has only been possible because of the creativity and integrity of my writing staff. Since the strike began, I have stayed off the air in support of the striking writers while, at the same time, doing everything I could to take care of the 80 non-writing staff members on Late Night.

Unfortunately, now with the New Year upon us, I am left with a difficult decision. Either go back to work and keep my staff employed or stay dark and allow 80 people, many of whom have worked for me for fourteen years, to lose their jobs. If my show were entirely scripted I would have no choice. But the truth is that shows like mine are hybrids, with both written and non-written content. An unwritten version of Late Night, though not desirable, is possible - and no one has to be fired.

So, it is only after a great deal of thought that I have decided to go back on the air on January 2nd. I will make clear, on the program, my support for the writers and I'll do the best version of Late Night I can under the circumstances. Of course, my show will not be as good. In fact, in moments it may very well be terrible. My sincerest hope is that all of my writers are back soon, working under a contract that provides them everything they deserve."

[december 2007]

· SHOWATCH
(series past and present)
· DEVWATCH
(series in development)
· MOVIEWATCH
(tv movies and mini-series)

[07/24/16 - 02:40 PM]
Video: "The Vampire Diaries" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Villains Reel
Check out a glimpse of the new villainous threat for Season 8, as well as a brief first look at all-new, never-before-seen footage from the upcoming season premiere.

[07/24/16 - 02:39 PM]
Video: "The Originals" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel
Find out if there's any hope left for the king of New Orleans and his family.

[07/23/16 - 08:32 PM]
Anticipated Reboot of Fan Favorite Series "Mystery Science Theater 3000" Will Be Available on Netflix in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK and Ireland in the "Not-Too-Distant Future"
Original creator Joel Hodgson will be joined by comedian Jonah Ray as the new host and Felicia Day as "Kinga Forrester."

[07/23/16 - 07:19 PM]
Video: "Vixen" Season 2 Sneak Peek Highlight Reel Comic-Con(R) 2016
The sizzle is highlighted by guest appearances from The Flash, Firestorm and Weather Wizard.

[07/23/16 - 07:18 PM]
Video: "The Flash" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel & Season 3 First Look
The exclusive highlight reel offered attendees a first look at footage from the show's fast-approaching third season.

[07/23/16 - 07:17 PM]
Video: "Arrow" Comic-Con(R) 2016 Highlight Reel
The annual, and always on point, SDCC highlight reel featured first looks at Team Arrow 2.0 recruits Evelyn Sharp and Wild Dog.

[07/23/16 - 05:13 PM]
Video: "Scream Queens" - Panel Highlights
Check out some hilarious highlights from the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:12 PM]
Video: "The Exorcist" - Panel Highlights & Fan Reactions
The cast the creators discuss the all-new FOX show at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:11 PM]
Video: "Bob's Burgers" - Panel Highlights & Cast Impressions
Take a look at some of the questions the creators and cast answered during the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:10 PM]
Video: "Bones" - Panel Highlights
The cast and creators talk about the past and the future of the show at San Diego Comic-Con.

[07/23/16 - 05:02 PM]
New Heroes and Villains on Board for Season Two of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow"
Plus: watch the panel's highlight reel that recapped all the exciting Season 1 action.

[07/23/16 - 04:30 PM]
Video: BBC America Releases First Look at Original Series "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency"
The series is now in production and will premiere October 22.

[07/23/16 - 04:18 PM]
Wayne Enterprises Gifted One Lucky Fan the Chance to Win $1 Million Dollars Today at the "Gotham" Comic-Con Panel
Plus: check out a sneak peek at new footage from the Season 3 premiere episode.

[07/23/16 - 03:59 PM]
Video: "Legion" Official Trailer - An Original Series from FX and Marvel
The series stars Dan Stevens, Rachel Keller, Jean Smart, Katie Aselton, Jeremie Harris, Amber Midthunder - with Bill Irwin and Aubrey Plaza.

[07/23/16 - 03:20 PM]
The Newest Starfleet Ship in the "Star Trek" Television Franchise, The U.S.S. Discovery, Unveiled Today at Comic-Con International
The ship name will also serve as the official title for the highly anticipated new series, "Star Trek: Discovery," coming to CBS All Access in January 2017, following the premiere on the CBS Television Network.