[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[07/29/14 - 04:58 PM]
Tiger Woods to Appear in First-Ever Exclusive Interview with FOX Sports, Tonight on FOX Sports 1
Woods discussed a range of topics over the course of the conversation, including where he is both mentally and physically at this stage of his return.

[07/29/14 - 03:39 PM]
TV Land Picks Up 10 Episodes of "The Gaffigan Show" Starring Comedian Jim Gaffigan
Ashley Williams, Adam Goldberg and Michael Ian Black also star in the project, which was previously set up at CBS.

[07/29/14 - 02:44 PM]
"Laughs," A Weekly Roundup of the Best Stand-Up Comedy in America, Premieres This Saturday, August 2nd on the Fox Television Stations
Steve Hofstetter hosts the series, which will share the funniest, laugh-out-loud moments from comedy clubs in Los Angeles, Washington DC, New York, Phoenix, Houston, Louisville, Chicago and more!

[07/29/14 - 01:27 PM]
Syfy's "12 Monkeys" to Commence Series Production in Toronto
The network also confirms additional casting, inking Tom Noonan and Emily Hampshire for recurring roles.

[07/29/14 - 12:57 PM]
VH1's "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" Is on Fire! All-New Episode Airing on a Special Night: Thursday, July 30th 8:00 PM ET/PT
Said installment will then encore in its regular time period on Monday, August 4 at 8:00/7:00c.

[07/29/14 - 12:52 PM]
Shawn Doyle Tapped as a Recurring Guest Star in USA Network's Globe-Trotting Espionage Drama "Covert Affairs"
He'll play Aleksandre Belenko, a Georgian diplomat educated in the U.S. and celebrated for his work with charitable organizations worldwide.

[07/29/14 - 12:35 PM]
FXX Sets Premiere Date for "The League" Season 6
The series will return on Wednesday, September 3 at 10:00/9:00c followed by new episodes of "Ali G Rezurection."

[07/29/14 - 12:02 PM]
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers to Perform on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" Thursday, July 31 on ABC
That evening, Kimmel will also welcome actress Kerry Washington from ABC's "Scandal."

[07/29/14 - 11:33 AM]
"The World Dog Awards" Makes Its Television Debut in January, 2015 on The CW
For the first time, dogs will be celebrated for their work in entertainment, health services and the military, along with everyday dogs who found fame on the internet.

[07/29/14 - 10:45 AM]
"Does Someone Have to Go?" Will Air on CNBC on August 20
The short-lived FOX series will rebroadcast on the network beginning on said Wednesday at 9:00/8:00c.

[07/29/14 - 10:34 AM]
NBC's Summer Hit "America's Got Talent" Adds Voting and Instant Save on Google Search Starting Tonight July 29 and 30
The new "Snapple Save" in the results shows completely changes the game in how fans choose the fate of the acts.

[07/29/14 - 10:34 AM]
"Anger Management" Partners with "Partners" Beginning Monday, August 4 on FX
Both Lionsgate-produced comedies will air back-to-back episodes for five consecutive weeks.

[07/29/14 - 10:28 AM]
Original Unscripted Series "Parents Just Don't Understand" to Premiere August 23 on the Hub Network
The unique reality series gives real kids and their parents a chance to find out what it feels like to be in the other person's shoes.

[07/29/14 - 10:25 AM]
American Heroes Channel Celebrates Best July Ever in Prime and Total Day Delivery Among P2+ and HH
American Heroes Channel spins the numbers for the month to date.

[07/29/14 - 10:00 AM]
VH1 Picks Up "Hit the Floor" for a Third Season
Season 3 of VH1's "Hit the Floor" is expected to premiere in May 2015 with 10 new episodes.