[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[04/26/15 - 02:01 PM]
HBO Sports Is the Fight Fan's Destination for Mayweather-Pacquiao
The blockbuster welterweight unification title showdown is set for Saturday, May 2 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

[04/26/15 - 08:46 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Demos with NHL Playoffs
CBS then is the most-watched broadcast network last night.

[04/26/15 - 08:40 AM]
Encore Telecast of "Saturday Night Live," With Host Chris Hemsworth, Is Its Top Rebroadcast Since February 21
NBC spins the numbers for Saturday, April 25.

[04/25/15 - 06:00 PM]
Ariana Grande, Fifth Harmony and Becky G Among Top Winners at the 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards
"Disney Channel Presents the Radio Disney Music Awards" airs tomorrow night, Sunday, April 26 at 8:00/7:00c on Disney Channel.

[04/25/15 - 08:42 AM]
"Grimm" Is Steady Week to Week in Adults 18-49, Grows in Men and Women 18-49, Adults, Men and Women 25-54 and Total Viewers
NBC spins the numbers for Friday, April 24.

[04/25/15 - 08:40 AM]
"20/20: Bruce Jenner - The Interview" Draws 16.9 Million on Friday - Biggest "20/20" in 15 Years
ABC spins the numbers for Friday, April 24.

[04/25/15 - 08:33 AM]
Friday's Broadcast Ratings: "Bruce Jenner - The Interview" Posts Big Numbers for ABC
Nearly 17 million viewers on average tune into the two-hour special.

[04/24/15 - 11:33 PM]
Development Update: Friday, April 24
Updates include: Brooklyn Sudano joins Hulu's "11/22/63"; Disney Channel adds trio to "Jessie" spin-off; and Danielle Sanchez-Witzel to run NBC's "The Carmichael Show."

[04/24/15 - 07:43 PM]
E! Announces New Documentary Series Following Bruce Jenner's Life as a Transgender Woman
The eight-part, one-hour series will premiere Sunday, July 26 at 9:00pm on E! and will also air on the E! channels internationally.

[04/24/15 - 04:25 PM]
Oscar(R) Nominee and Multiple Tony(R) Winner Frank Langella to Return to FX's Peabody Award-Winning Drama "The Americans"
Langella will reprise his role as "Gabriel," Philip and Elizabeth's mysterious KGB handler.

[04/24/15 - 03:05 PM]
Whipclip Teams Up with Pop to Offer Fans Easy Access to Create and Share Video Clips from Network's Original Programming Line-Up
Using Whipclip, viewers can create customized clips of their favorite moments and share them instantly on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and via email and SMS.

[04/24/15 - 12:48 PM]
Discovery Channel Renews Hit-Series "Deadliest Catch" for Twelfth Season
From Original Productions, the 13-time Emmy Award-winning series follows the real-life adventures of Alaskan fisherman with one of the most dangerous jobs in the world - crab fishing on the unpredictable Bering Sea.

[04/24/15 - 12:43 PM]
FOX Sports 1 Presents First Ever "U.S. Open Media Day Special"
Originating from the United States Golf Association's Media Day at Chambers Bay, the program, recorded earlier in the day, airs in primetime Monday, April 27, (9:30 PM ET) on FOX Sports 1.

[04/24/15 - 12:32 PM]
Discovery Channel Grabs #1 in Both Persons 25-54 and Persons 18-49 on Cable for the Week
Discovery spins the numbers for the week of April 13-19.

[04/24/15 - 11:17 AM]
"Garbage Time with Katie Nolan" Attracts Largest Audience Ever with Total Viewership Over 1.6 Million
FOX Sports further spins the numbers for Sunday, April 19.