[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[11/24/20 - 07:31 AM]
Lifestyle Expert Clinton Kelly Helps Wildly Successful Entrepreneurs Find Dream Homes in New HGTV Series "Self-Made Mansions"
Premiering Friday, January 8, the six-episode HGTV series will follow Clinton as he activates his personal passion for real estate and keen eye for design to show new millionaires what it means to live large.

[11/24/20 - 05:45 AM]
Award-Winning "The Daily Show" Host and Comedian Trevor Noah to Host "The 63rd Annual Grammy Awards(R)"
Music's Biggest Night(R) will be broadcast Sunday, January 31, 2021 (8:00 PM, live ET/5:00 PM, live PT) on the CBS Television Network and CBS All Access.

[11/23/20 - 09:24 PM]
Netflix Brings a Variety of Entertainment with 7 New Korean Films and Series
Upcoming original series include "Sweet Home," "The Uncanny Counter," "Run On" and "Lovestruck in the City."

[11/23/20 - 07:50 PM]
HBO Max to Drop Remaining Episodes of HBO's "Industry" Early on November 27
This marks the first time HBO will offer a mid-season episode drop of an original series, allowing viewers the option to binge watch over Thanksgiving weekend and see how the graduates net out on their paths to prove their worth.

[11/23/20 - 03:20 PM]
"Dateline NBC" Wins November Sweep Period
NBC spins the numbers for the November sweeps period.

[11/23/20 - 03:20 PM]
For the First Time in 5 Years, "20/20" Is Friday's No. 1 Newsmagazine During November 2020 Sweep in Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54
ABC spins the numbers for the November sweeps period.

[11/23/20 - 02:27 PM]
Have a Holly Jolly Season with CBS' Holiday Specials!
The Eye recaps its holiday offerings in the upcoming weeks.

[11/23/20 - 01:01 PM]
"Resident Alien" - New Dramedy Starring Alan Tudyk Premieres Wednesday, January 27 at 10pm ET/PT on Syfy
Based on the Dark Horse comic, the series follows Harry, an alien played by Alan Tudyk that crash lands on Earth and passes himself off as a small-town human doctor.

[11/23/20 - 12:21 PM]
Anthony Mackie to Star in and Produce "The Ogun" for Netflix with Mandalay Pictures, Written by Madison Turner
In the film, Xavier Rhodes (Mackie) brings his teenage daughter to Nigeria to find a cure for the rare genetic condition that he passed on to her.

[11/23/20 - 12:06 PM]
John Barrowman Is Set to Return for the "Doctor Who" Holiday Special on BBC America
In the upcoming special titled "Revolution of the Daleks," Captain Jack will be on hand to help the fam as they discover a disturbing plan forming involving one of the Doctor's most feared and dangerous enemies, the Daleks.

[11/23/20 - 12:00 PM]
TLC's "7 Little Johnstons" Returns with a Season of Love on Tuesday, December 29 at 8PM ET/PT
After each new episode, viewers can get a behind-the-scenes look with the new digital original series "Inside the Episodes," in which the Johnstons dish on all of the moments the cameras didn't capture.

[11/23/20 - 10:00 AM]
FOX and Its Free Streaming Platform, Tubi, to Jointly Encore Season One of Critically Acclaimed Comedy "The Moodys," Starring Denis Leary and Elizabeth Perkins
FOX will air the program's first two episodes on Sunday, December 20, from 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT.

[11/23/20 - 09:59 AM]
HBO's "The Art of Political Murder," A Real-Life Political Thriller About the Investigation Into the Murder of Guatemalan Bishop Juan Gerardi, Debuts December 16
The film, executive produced by George Clooney and Grant Heslov, tells the story of the 1998 murder of Guatemalan human rights activist Bishop Juan Gerardi, which stunned a country ravaged by decades of political violence, and the fight for justice that ensued.

[11/23/20 - 09:02 AM]
MTV Greenlights "Deliciousness" Hosted by Tiffani Thiessen with Panel of Foodies Including Angela Kinsey, Kel Mitchell and Tim Chantarangsu
The "Ridiculousness" spin-off will kick off with a one week holiday-themed special event from December 14 to December 18 at 7:00/6:00c.

[11/23/20 - 09:01 AM]
All Seems Lost, But the War Rages on - "Transformers: War for Cybertron - Earthrise" Debuts December 30
Netflix confirmed the news on social media this morning.