[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[08/29/16 - 02:28 PM]
NBC's "The New Celebrity Apprentice," "Grimm" and "Emerald City" Receive January Debut Dates
"Grimm" will begin its sixth and final season on Friday, January 6 at 8:00/7:00c.

[08/29/16 - 01:23 PM]
"Indian Summers," Season 2 on "Masterpiece" on PBS
Look for the new season Sunday nights beginning September 11 through November 20.

[08/29/16 - 12:34 PM]
Video: Starz Releases Official Season Two Key Art and Video for Original Series "Ash vs Evil Dead"
Season Two kicks off with a double-deadite battle royale interrupting the party, Ash is forced to return back to his hometown of Elk Grove, Michigan... and as always, Evil follows him.

[08/29/16 - 12:29 PM]
"Flip or Flop" Helps Deliver More Than Seven Million Total Viewers to HGTV
HGTV spins the numbers for Thursday, August 25.

[08/29/16 - 12:26 PM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Commemorates 9/11 on Fifteenth Anniversary with Special Day of Programming
Smithsonian Channel will mark the fifteenth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks with a special day of programming on Sunday, September 11.

[08/29/16 - 12:24 PM]
Nickelodeon Takes Skateboarding to New Heights in "Jagger Eaton's Mega Life," New Docu-Series Premiering Friday, Sept. 9, at 7:30 P.M. (ET/PT)
The 20-episode series follows Eaton as he immerses himself in the world of his sports idols - Chris Bosh, Leticia Bufoni, Bubba Wallace, Larry Fitzgerald, Erika Lang, to name a few, who are pushing their limits and inspiring others to do the same.

[08/29/16 - 12:12 PM]
"Three Days of Terror: The Charlie Hebdo Attacks," An Unprecedented Look at the Jan. 2015 Al-Qaeda and ISIS Attacks in Paris, Debuts Sept. 19 on HBO
Emmy(R) nominee Dan Reed ("Terror at the Mall") spotlights the courage and resilience of Parisian police and citizens.

[08/29/16 - 12:03 PM]
Freeform Announces the Series Finale of "Pretty Little Liars" and Premiere of I. Marlene King's New Series "Famous in Love"
Freeform announced the news today via a Facebook live interview with creator and showrunner I. Marlene King and cast members Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse.

[08/29/16 - 11:59 AM]
Tori Amos Contributes Original Song "Flicker" to Netflix's Upcoming Documentary Audrie & Daisy
"Flicker" will be available on all major digital platforms on Friday, September 9.

[08/29/16 - 11:57 AM]
Showtime(R) Sets World Television Premiere of Award-Winning Documentary Film "Weiner"
Directed and produced by Josh Kriegman and Elyse Steinberg, the critically-acclaimed documentary will premiere Saturday, October 22 at 9:00/8:00c.

[08/29/16 - 11:26 AM]
Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale Lead Twelve Hopeless Bakers in an Intense Boot Camp on Food Network's "Worst Bakers in America"
The two stars of sweets attempt to mold these masters of cake-wrecks and colossal cookie-fails until one vastly-improved wannabe baker rises to the level of pastry perfection.

[08/29/16 - 11:11 AM]
David Boyd Joins as Producer/Director on Spike & TWC-Dimension Television Series "The Mist"
"I'm honored to be working alongside Christian Torpe and all his incisive talent, and all the focused people at Spike and Dimension," said Boyd.

[08/29/16 - 10:37 AM]
Video: #LoweRoast Preview Clips - Peyton Manning on a New Career Opportunity for Rob, Jewel Disses Ann Coulter
Look for the full telecast this Monday, September 5 on Comedy Central.

[08/29/16 - 10:35 AM]
Travel Channel Reveals the Compelling Challenges and Stories Behind Mount Everest Climbs in "Everest Air"
Each hour-long episode provides a rare glimpse into the exhilarating encounters and unrivaled majesty that compel climbers to take on the world's highest peak.

[08/29/16 - 10:16 AM]
The CW Unveils Fall 2016 Key Art
Check out the posters for "Frequency," "No Tomorrow" and "Supergirl."