[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

[10/27/16 - 11:33 AM]
Freeform Serves Up a Fifth Season of Popular Comedy "Young & Hungry"
The new season will kick off production next week and will premiere in 2017.

[10/27/16 - 11:01 AM]
Pop Orders Second Season of Its Original Scripted Comedy "Nightcap" in Advance of Its Nov. 16 Series Premiere
Pop will premiere with two back-to-back episodes featuring guest stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos and Andy Cohen in episode one, and Gwyneth Paltrow, Jim Norton and Nate Berkus in episode two.

[10/27/16 - 10:33 AM]
Bravo Media Greenlights Six New and Returning Series Growing the Network's Robust Slate
The network confirmed new season orders for fan-favorites "Southern Charm" season four as well as "Shahs of Sunset" season six and "Million Dollar Listing New York" season six.

[10/27/16 - 10:31 AM]
"Mommy Dead and Dearest," The Shocking True Crime Story About the Murder of Dee Dee Blanchard and the Disturbing Life of Her Daughter, Gypsy Rose, to Debut in March 2017, Exclusively on HBO
In the film, provocative documentarian Erin Lee Carr again explores a crime in the age of social media.

[10/27/16 - 10:00 AM]
Freeform Celebrates 20 Years of Christmas Cheer with the "25 Days of Christmas" Programming Event Starting Thursday, December 1
This year's merriest programming stunt includes the network television premiere of "Holiday Joy" and the Freeform premieres of "Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups," "Snow Buddies" and "Just Friends."

[10/27/16 - 10:00 AM]
"Bones: The Final Chapter" to Premiere Tuesday, January 3, on FOX
The 12-episode run will celebrate the inventive series and bring the storylines of Brennan (Emily Deschanel), Booth (David Boreanaz) and the Jeffersonian-FBI team to a close, allowing the show's loyal fans to say goodbye to these indelible characters.

[10/27/16 - 09:59 AM]
"Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge," Television's Most Physically Demanding Competition Series, Returns for a Punishing New Season on Sunday, November 13 at 10PM ET/PT
The bigger-and-badder than ever physical competition series, starring sports and entertainment icon "Stone-Cold" Steve Austin, attracted nearly four million weekly viewers last season.

[10/27/16 - 09:23 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: World Series Delivers Big for FOX
The network's coverage of Game 2 is up 36% from a year ago among adults 18-49.

[10/27/16 - 09:19 AM]
World Series Game 2 Posts 11.3 Overnight Rating, Drives FOX to Primetime Victory for Second Consecutive Night
FOX Sports spins the numbers for Wednesday, October 26.

[10/27/16 - 08:52 AM]
TV One's "Rickey Smiley for Real" Returns for a Third Season, Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 8 P.M. ET
While Rickey Smiley continues to struggle to maintain his sanity by juggling his hectic business, family and personal schedules, the show will also follow the hilarity and hi-jinx of his family and co-workers.

[10/27/16 - 08:16 AM]
Disney Channel Sees Future in Spin-Off of "That's So Raven"
As the pilot story goes, Raven is now a divorced mother to two pre-teen kids (a son and daughter), one of whom has inherited her ability to catch glimpses of the future.

[10/27/16 - 07:38 AM]
James Bay, Fifth Harmony, The Chainsmokers and Halsey, and Carlos Vives with Shakira to Perform at the "2016 American Music Awards(R)"
They join previously announced performers Lady Gaga, Green Day, Bruno Mars, Twenty One Pilots, and "The American Music Award of Merit" honoree and performer Sting.

[10/27/16 - 07:00 AM]
"The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" to Broadcast Two Live Shows During Election Week on CBS
On Monday, November 7, Stephen Colbert will be joined by Don Cheadle, Katherine Waterston and musical guest Drive-By Truckers.

[10/26/16 - 03:23 PM]
Lifetime Partners with "The View" for Primetime Event Program, "The View Live Election Special"
The special will feature "The View's" co-hosts from their set with a live studio audience, election-themed Hot Topics, interactive election activities and up-to-the-minute results from key battleground states.

[10/26/16 - 02:01 PM]
Freeform Says Farewell to "Pretty Little Liars" with an Exclusive One-Hour Tell-All Following the Series Finale
Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Lucy Hale, Shay Mitchell and Sasha Pieterse, as well as executive producer I. Marlene King, will sit down for an hour long unbarred and uncensored tell-all after show.