[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[12/07/16 - 02:48 PM]
Video: Showtime(R) Releases Official Trailer for "Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour" Airing This Friday at 9 PM ET/PT
The film is co-directed by Danny B. Tull and Nathan Rissman, both of whom have worked extensively with Madonna on her feature films and tour movies.

[12/07/16 - 02:18 PM]
LMN's Second Annual "Deady Resolutions" Week, Features the Premiere of New Original Series "My Crazy Sex" and New Seasons of "My Crazy Ex" and "Monster in My Family"
"My Crazy Sex" reveals the outrageous, intimate tales of ordinary people's most extraordinarily embarrassing and regrettably ridiculous sexual misadventures.

[12/07/16 - 01:45 PM]
USA Rings in the Holidays with WWE(R) Airing Special Programming the Week of December 12
Look for the annual "Tribute to the Troops" on Wednesday, December 14 at 8:00/7:00c.

[12/07/16 - 01:28 PM]
Dolly Parton and More Perform During Dec. 13 Smoky Mountains Rise Telethon
The nationally broadcast, three-hour telethon seeks to raise money for the Dollywood Foundation My People Fund, established by Parton, The Dollywood Company and Parton's dinner theaters in the wake of last week's wildfires in the entertainment icon's home area of Sevier County, Tennessee.

[12/07/16 - 12:01 PM]
Discovery Challenges Survivalists to Conquer Six Deadly Terrains in New Adventure Series "The Wheel"
The series dares six participants to survive in six distinctly grueling landscapes across South America.

[12/07/16 - 11:06 AM]
TV One Announces Explosive Season 10 Line-Up of "Unsung" Premiering Jan. 4
Episodes profiling Fat Joe, Jon B., Lenny Williams, Case, Dave Hollister, After 7 and James Brown are slated to highlight each performer's rise to stardom while providing a glimpse into the lesser-known challenges they endured behind the spotlight.

[12/07/16 - 11:04 AM]
English Dub of "Dragon Ball Super" Hit Anime Series to Premiere on Adult Swim's Toonami January 7, 2017 at 8 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. ET
Season 1, which totals 26 episodes, encompasses the Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F' story arcs.

[12/07/16 - 11:00 AM]
Special Premiere of New Comedy "The Mick" to Air in All Time Zones Immediately Following NFL Doubleheader on Sunday, Jan. 1, on FOX
The episode then will encore that same night in the Pacific time zone at 8:00 PM and the Mountain time zone at 7:00 PM.

[12/07/16 - 10:35 AM]
Video: The "Time" Has Arrived! Netflix Debuts Trailer for "One Day at a Time"
"One Day at a Time" launches Friday, January 6, everywhere that Netflix is available.

[12/07/16 - 10:02 AM]
FYI Premieres New Seasons of Hit Series "Tiny House Nation" and "Unplugged Nation" - Saturday, January 7
Both series showcase alternative living trends that have gained popularity across the country.

[12/07/16 - 10:01 AM]
NBC Rings in 2017 with Festive Hourlong Special "NBC's New Year's Eve with Carson Daly"
The broadcast will feature special performances from musical superstars Alicia Keys, Pentatonix and Blake Shelton.

[12/07/16 - 10:01 AM]
Presenters Announced for the "22nd Annual Critics' Choice Awards"
The winners will be revealed live at the star-studded Critics' Choice Awards gala, which will be broadcast from the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica on A&E on Sunday, December 11.

[12/07/16 - 09:16 AM]
Tuesday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Demo Race with "This Is Us"
The Peacock's new drama paves the way for an adults 18-49 victory.

[12/07/16 - 09:10 AM]
Video: Trailer for "Z: The Beginning of Everything" Now Available
The Christina Ricci-led series launches Friday, January 27 on Amazon.

[12/07/16 - 09:01 AM]
truTV Greenlights New + Returning Shows
Highlights include new seasons of "Adam Ruins Everything" and "The Carbonaro Effect."