[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

[12/01/15 - 05:40 PM]
ABC's "Marvel's Agent Carter" Season Premiere Moves to January 19
Due to the scheduling of the State of the Union Address on January 12, "Marvel's Agent Carter" will return for a second season of adventure and intrigue on a new date.

[12/01/15 - 12:13 PM]
Hollywood's A-List Heads to Ovation TV for No-Holds-Barred Interview Show, "Los Angeles Times' The Envelope"
The series is hosted by Rebecca Keegan and Mark Olsen who sit down with the year's critically acclaimed directors and actors for an in-depth discussion of their awards-worthy films and the filmmaking process.

[12/01/15 - 12:10 PM]
truTV Expands Scripted Slate with Pre-Launch Renewal of "Those Who Can't," And Begins Development on Three New Scripted Projects
"Those Who Can't" centers on a trio of trouble-making high school teachers played by show creators and executive producers Adam Cayton-Holland, Andrew Orvedahl and Ben Roy.

[12/01/15 - 11:46 AM]
"War & Peace" Reimagined for a New Generation Premieres on Lifetime, A&E and History January 18
The epic features an award-winning cast including Paul Dano, Lily James, James Norton, Jim Broadbent, Gillian Anderson and others.

[12/01/15 - 10:49 AM]
TV One Celebrates Eddie Murphy in PBS' "18th Annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor" Special This Friday, December 4 at 8 P.M. ET
Originally broadcast on PBS stations nationwide, the special taped at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and features star-studded appearances by leading entertainers and comedians.

[12/01/15 - 10:13 AM]
Video: Starz Releases First Look at "Outlander" Season Two
The Season Two teaser is the first release for Starz' 25 Days of #OutlanderOfferings.

[12/01/15 - 10:07 AM]
"Behind the Magic: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" to Air on ABC, Sunday, December 13
Ginnifer Goodwin narrates the one-hour special, which explores the moment where folklore met filmmaking.

[12/01/15 - 09:46 AM]
An All-New "The Biggest Loser" Returns January 4 with a New Host, Theme, Logo, Gym and Format and Eight Compelling Contestant Teams of Two
Dolvett Quince and Jen Widerstrom return to train eight contestant teams of two, all with compelling stories.

[12/01/15 - 08:35 AM]
Monday's Broadcast Ratings: NBC Tops Charts with "The Voice," "Superstore"
The Peacock wins the night in both total viewers and adults 18-49 by wide margins.

[12/01/15 - 08:06 AM]
Video: Netflix Presents "A Very Murray Christmas"
In just 4 days, Bill Murray and his celebrity friends will bring joy and laughter to people all around the world with the Netflix original holiday special.

[12/01/15 - 07:41 AM]
"Bolshoi Babylon," An Unprecedented Inside Look at the Famed Russian Ballet Company in the Wake of Scandal, Debuts Dec. 21 on HBO
The film was previously slated to debut the week prior on Monday, December 14.

[12/01/15 - 07:35 AM]
Nickelodeon Presents Series Finale of Landmark "Nick News with Linda Ellerbee," Commemorating 25 Years on Air, Tuesday, Dec. 15, at 8PM (ET/PT)
Ellerbee, who has announced her retirement, will highlight some of Nick News' most poignant episodes and discussions, while presenting the story and philosophy behind the award-winning series.

[12/01/15 - 07:30 AM]
Juanes, Seth MacFarlane and Trisha Yearwood Added to Lineup for "Sinatra 100 - An All-Star Grammy Concert," Sunday, Dec. 6 on CBS
They join previously announced performers Tony Bennett, Garth Brooks, Zac Brown, Harry Connick, Jr., Celine Dion, Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, John Legend, Adam Levine, Carrie Underwood and Usher.

[12/01/15 - 07:03 AM]
Luke Bryan, Wiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Puth, and Demi Lovato to Perform in Times Square During "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2016"
They join previously announced performers One Direction, who will headline the Billboard Hollywood Party in Los Angeles.

[12/01/15 - 06:51 AM]
Video: MTV Reveals Stunning Opening Title Sequence for "The Shannara Chronicles"
The show open features powerful and stunning visuals of the post-apocalyptic world of "Shannara," harmonized with artist Ruelle's haunting hit song, "Until We Go Down."