[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[03/05/15 - 10:06 AM]
Four Conference Champions Punch NCAA Tickets on FOX Sports 1
FOX Sports 1, for the second consecutive year, is the exclusive home for the entire BIG EAST Men's Basketball Tournament from Madison Square Garden in New York City, including on-site studio coverage throughout the event.

[03/05/15 - 10:00 AM]
"ACM Presents: Superstar Duets!," A New Entertainment Special Featuring an Unprecedented Lineup of Country Music Legends Performng Alongside This Year's ACM Award Nominees and Chart-Topping Artists, To Be Broadcast Friday, May 15 on CBS
Dierks Bentley, Clint Black, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Miranda Lambert, Patty Loveless, Ronnie Milsap, Darius Rucker, Dwight Yoakam, Alabama, Eli Young Band and Florida Georgia Line among those slated to appear.

[03/05/15 - 09:33 AM]
Series Premiere of "CSI: Cyber" Posts Significant Gains in the Time Period and Versus Year Ago
CBS spins the numbers for Wednesday, March 4.

[03/05/15 - 08:46 AM]
Smithsonian Channel(TM) Investigates the Real Story That Inspired CBS' Limited Event Series "The Dovekeepers"
The new one-hour special, "Siege of Masada," premiering Friday, March 27 at 9:00/8:00c, examines the evidence behind this powerful legend.

[03/05/15 - 08:32 AM]
Netflix Announces New Drama Series "The OA"
Eight hour-long episodes of the series will premiere exclusively across all Netflix territories in 2016.

[03/05/15 - 08:30 AM]
Wednesday's Broadcast Ratings: "Empire" Remains Unstoppable for FOX
The network's juggernaut climbs to a 5.7 rating among adults 18-49.

[03/05/15 - 08:24 AM]
Animal Planet's #1 Series Returns Sunday, April 5 - Jeremy Wade Goes to New Depths in the Most Daring "River Monsters" Expeditions Yet
In the season finale, Wade travels back in time to uncover the greatest river monster that ever lived in the ground-breaking special "River Monsters: Prehistoric Terror," premiering in late May during Animal Planet's fourth annual "Monster Week."

[03/05/15 - 08:18 AM]
"It's Me, Hilary: The Man Who Drew Eloise," The Story of Hilary Knight, Who Brought the Beloved Children's Book Icon To Life, Debuts March 23, Exclusively on HBO
The film tells the story of Hilary Knight, the man whose pen helped create Eloise, and recounts the painful events that led to the dissolution of his working relationship with Kay Thompson, the books' author and his closest collaborator.

[03/05/15 - 08:01 AM]
Strong, Lalas Tabbed FOX Sports 1's Lead Major League Soccer Broadcast Team
The trio makes its network MLS debut calling the night-cap of FOX Sports 1's season-opening doubleheader, Sunday, March 8, as the Seattle Sounders FC hosts the defending Eastern Conference Champion New England Revolution at CenturyLink Field.

[03/05/15 - 07:49 AM]
Jack Antonoff of Bleachers to Host "2015 mtvU Woodie Awards" Live on MTV Friday, March 20 from SXSW
The group joins Big Sean as the announced performers for the show.

[03/05/15 - 07:11 AM]
Olivia Colman, Tom Hollander and Elizabeth Debicki Sign on for "The Night Manager"
They join previously announced stars Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston, and Academy Award(R)-winning director Susanne Bier.

[03/05/15 - 07:03 AM]
Discovery Channel Ascends with the Introduction of Elevation Weekend on April 25
A weekend of epic documentaries, Elevation Weekend documents new conflicts and obstacles as well as reflects on the history of heroic expeditions and how they inform modern explorations.

[03/05/15 - 06:04 AM]
Hallmark Channel Announces Danica McKellar to Star in "A Perfect Wedding" (WT) A Hallmark Channel Original Movie World Premiere June 2015
McKellar stars as a wedding planner extraordinaire who plans everything to perfection.

[03/05/15 - 04:06 AM]
Date and Time Change for Hallmark Channel's "When Calls the Heart" Season 2 Premiere
The show's sophomore run - originally set for Saturday, April 4 - will now kick off on Saturday, April 25.

[03/04/15 - 03:03 PM]
Nickelodeon Renews Two Live-Action Hits "Bella and the Bulldogs" and "The Thundermans"
Year-to-date, "Bella and the Bulldogs" is the number-one show on Nickelodeon with premieres averaging two million total viewers.