[10/29/08 - 03:32 PM]
David Tennant to Leave Doctor Who
The BBC has confirmed that Tennant will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

[via press release from BBC]

David Tennant to leave Doctor Who

David Tennant has announced that he will leave the award winning BBC One drama Doctor Who when he has completed the filming of four special episodes which will be screened in 2009 and early in 2010.

David Tennant first appeared as The Doctor in 2005 and has gone on to star in three series and three Christmas specials as the tenth incarnation of the Time Lord.

The BBC has confirmed that David will continue to play The Doctor in the four specials that will make up the 2009 series before a new Doctor takes over for Series 5.

Tennant will also star in the Doctor Who Christmas special, titled The Next Doctor, this year.

David Tennant comments: "I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who.

"I have loved every day of it.. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will. You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand.

"This show has been so special to me, I don't want to outstay my welcome.

"This is all a long way off, of course. I'm not quitting, I'm back in Cardiff in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

"I'm still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I'll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git � whoever that may be.

"I'd always thought the time to leave would be in conjunction with Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner who have been such a huge part of it all for me.

"Steven Moffat is the most brilliant and exciting writer, the only possible successor to Russell and it was sorely tempting to be part of his amazing new plans for the show. I will be there, glued to my TV when his stories begin in 2010.

"I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon, and whilst I'm looking forward to new challenges I know I'll always be very proud to be the Tenth Doctor."

Russell T Davies, Executive Producer of Doctor Who, comments: ""I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years � and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left!

"After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or maybe a piano. A radioactive piano.

"But we're planning the most enormous and spectacular ending, so keep watching!"

David expands upon his decision in a taped interview which can be found at bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

Doctor Who returns to our screens on BBC this Christmas. The Next Doctor starring David Tennant, David Morrissey and Dervla Kirwan will be screened on 25 December 2008 on BBC One.

[october 2008]

· DOCTOR WHO (BBC AMERICA)

[05/04/16 - 04:31 PM]
ABC Announces the Teams Competing on the "Battlebots: The Gears Awaken" Preview Special, Airing Tuesday, May 10
The epic robot-fighting tournament "BattleBots" is back for season two this summer on Thursday, June 23.

[05/04/16 - 04:00 PM]
GSN Celebrates Mother's Day with Special Mom-Themed Marathon of "Family Feud," Sunday, May 8
Each of the 10 specially selected half-hour shows features questions designed to remind viewers about the woman they love the most - their mom - on her special day.

[05/04/16 - 02:15 PM]
Seth MacFarlane to Create, Executive-Produce and Star in New Hour-Long, Live-Action Comedic Drama Series for FOX
Set 300 years in the future, the series follows the adventures of the Orville, a not-so-top-of-the-line exploratory ship in Earth's interstellar Fleet.

[05/04/16 - 02:11 PM]
Geniuses Face Off in an Intense Test of Knowledge and Stamina on the Season Premiere of ABC's "500 Questions"
The five-night event series concludes with a two-hour season finale on Wednesday, June 1.

[05/04/16 - 01:03 PM]
"Saturday Night Live" Returns in May with Three Back-to-Back Shows
Brie Larson (May 7), Drake (May 14) and Fred Armisen (May 21) will close out the show's season.

[05/04/16 - 01:01 PM]
Megyn Kelly to Sit Down with Laverne Cox during "MEGYN KELLY presents," Airing Tuesday, May 17, on FOX
As previously announced, the special also will feature Kelly's first extensive sit-down interview with presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

[05/04/16 - 12:02 PM]
"Check It Out! With Dr. Steve Brule" Season 4 Premieres Friday, June 17th at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT on Adult Swim
The new season will be followed by "Decker: Unclassified," starring Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington.

[05/04/16 - 12:00 PM]
Start Your Summer with an Animated Adventure During Freeform's "Funday" Weekend Programming Event on May 14 and 15
Experience college through Mike Wazowski's eye, whip up recipes with Remy, and cheer on Wreck-It Ralph and Aladdin as they attempt to prove themselves as heroes.

[05/04/16 - 11:57 AM]
GSN to Launch First Spinoff Series from "Skin Wars" Franchise; "Skin Wars: Fresh Paint" Debuts Wednesday, June 15 at 10PM ET/PT
The series features three of "Skin Wars" top former contestants who mentor six new, highly accomplished artists each week.

[05/04/16 - 10:49 AM]
National Geographic Launches a Covert Investigation Into the Disappearance of Adventurer Cody Dial in Riveting True-Crime Series, "Missing Dial"
The six-part series launches Sunday, May 22 at 10:00/9:00c on the network.

[05/04/16 - 10:25 AM]
Valerie Bertinelli Entertains Friends & Family on the Return of "Valerie's Home Cooking"
Valerie is back in the kitchen sharing her tips for easy-to-make, delicious dishes and homemade recipes, adding her own signature touches and flavor along the way.

[05/04/16 - 10:08 AM]
TNT Teams Up with E4 on "Foreign Bodies"
The series is the story of a motley gang of travellers embarking on a three-month trip around Asia.

[05/04/16 - 10:01 AM]
2015 FIFA Women's World Cup Champion Abby Wambach Joins ESPN
Wambach will cover international sporting events for the network later this summer at the UEFA European Football Championship 2016 in France and 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

[05/04/16 - 09:39 AM]
E! Announces Four New Unscripted Series as the Pop Culture Powerhouse Continues to Expand on Successful Primetime Slate
Highlights include a spin-off of hit franchise "WAGS" (Wives and Girlfriends of Sports Stars) set against the sunny, sexy backdrop of South Florida.

[05/04/16 - 09:34 AM]
Netflix Celebrates "Marseille"
In advance of the series launch on May 5, Netflix surprised the residents of Marseille today in true Hollywood fashion when a french twist of the original "Hollywood" sign was erected to overlook the city.