[08/05/10 - 09:12 AM]
Mary Hart Announces Her Final Season with Entertainment Tonight
Hart said: "I've had the privilege of spending 29 years doing something I love - how often does that happen?"

[via press release from CBS]

August 5, 2010, Hollywood, CA -- Mary Hart, the host of Entertainment Tonight, announced today that her final year on the show will be ET's upcoming 30th season, which launches September 13, 2010. Hart joined ET in 1982 and was inducted into the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame in 1999 recognizing her contributions to television.

Hart says, "I've had the privilege of spending 29 years doing something I love - how often does that happen? I've had the support of a stupendous group of people starting with Linda Bell Blue, John Nogawski and many others who are so talented on our staff at ET. I only meant to be at ET for three years, suddenly it's almost 30! I've reached a point when I clearly realize it's time for a change. There are many things I want to do in my life and I'd better get on with them. It will certainly be with mixed sentiments that I say 'goodbye' at the end of the season, but it will definitely be with a sense of celebration...30 years of Entertainment Tonight, are you kidding me? That's an accomplishment and something I'm very proud of!"

Executive Producer Linda Bell Blue, who has helmed the show since 1995 says, "Mary is one of my closest friends and although I respect her decision I will miss her tremendously. Right now we are focused on making this next season the very best in her long history with ET. She will remain first on the red carpet for the biggest award shows and will continue to interview Hollywood's top stars. We're going to have a lot of fun this year!"

No decision has been made on who will replace Hart on the highest rated syndicated magazine show on television.

John Nogawski, President of CBS Television Distribution adds, "ET and Mary Hart have created the genre of entertainment news. Not only has she defined ET for almost three decades but she's defined entertainment journalism. Revered by both the entertainment community and viewers, Mary has been a fixture in our lives and we'll miss her dearly. We look forward to celebrating Mary's career in this exciting season to come."

Entertainment Tonight is produced and distributed by CBS Television Distribution and is taped in Studio City, Calif. Linda Bell Blue is executive producer. Mary Hart is host; Mark Steines is co-host. Kevin Frazier is weekend anchor and correspondent. Samantha Harris is correspondent. Leonard Maltin is film historian/correspondent.

CBS Television Distribution is a unit of CBS Corp.

[august 2010]

[10/24/16 - 12:38 PM]
Food Network Gets Festive for the Holidays with the Return of "Cake Wars: Christmas"
Jonathan Bennett hosts the six hour-long episodes filled with the most over-the-top Christmas cake confections ever seen.

[10/24/16 - 11:21 AM]
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries' "Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas" 2016 Original Movie Premieres
"Love Always, Santa" will kick things off Sunday, November 6 on the cable channel.

[10/24/16 - 10:26 AM]
"Underfire: The Untold Story of PFC. Tony Vaccaro," Recounting the Life of a WWII Combat Infantryman and War Photographer, Debuts Nov. 14 on HBO
The film chronicles the life and vision of this remarkable man, exploring how photography defines the way the public perceives armed conflict, and revealing the sheer difficulty of survival while taking photos in a war zone.

[10/24/16 - 10:26 AM]
The CW Orders New Seasons of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?," "Penn & Teller: Fool Us," and "Masters of Illusion" for Summer 2017
The new seasons of these series will return as part of The CW's 2017 Summer schedule, with dates and times to be announced later.

[10/24/16 - 10:23 AM]
Video: Four New Promos for FX's New Drama Series "Taboo" Starring Tom Hardy
The new original series from Tom Hardy and Ridley Scott premieres early 2017.

[10/24/16 - 10:09 AM]
Video: Amazon Releases Retro 80s Commercial for "Red Oaks" Season 2
Look for the new season to premiere on Amazon Prime Video November 11.

[10/24/16 - 09:13 AM]
Amazon Original Series "The Grand Tour" Announces Studio Recording in Nashville, TN
"The Grand Tour" will launch in 4K on Friday, November 18 exclusively for Amazon Prime members.

[10/24/16 - 08:54 AM]
Seahawks-Cardinals "SNF" Leads Preliminary Results for the Night Among the Big 4 in Every Key Measure
NBC spins the numbers for Sunday, October 23.

[10/24/16 - 08:43 AM]
Sunday's Broadcast Ratings: "Sunday Night Football" Keeps NBC on Top
The Peacock once again leads the evening among total viewers and adults 18-49.

[10/24/16 - 07:55 AM]
Mike Tirico to Make Horse Racing Debut as Host of NBC's Primetime Coverage of the 2016 Breeders' Cup
"What a great event and venue for my maiden voyage with our incredibly talented horse racing team," Tirico said.

[10/24/16 - 07:03 AM]
Syfy's Award-Winning Reality Competition Series "Face Off" Returns for an All-Star Season on Tuesday, January 24
Hosted by make-up effects royalty McKenzie Westmore, the series returns with elaborate never-before-seen challenges to test their skills as they battle it out for a coveted second chance at victory.

[10/24/16 - 07:00 AM]
Sting to Receive "The American Music Award of Merit" and Perform at the "2016 American Music Awards(R)"
The iconic musician will take to the stage to perform a medley of songs, including the raucous first single, "I Can't Stop Thinking About You" off his new rock/pop album, "57th & 9th," as well as some of his greatest hits.

[10/24/16 - 06:15 AM]
"The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" Heads to Paris for the First Time, for Broadcast Monday, Dec. 5, on CBS
The world's most celebrated fashion show will be seen in more than 190 countries.

[10/23/16 - 10:03 AM]
Saturday's Broadcast Ratings: ABC, College Football Top Viewers, Demos
The Alphabet wins said evening for the fourth consecutive week.

[10/23/16 - 09:43 AM]
"SNL" Hits Season Highs, Best October Overnights in 8 Years
NBC spins the numbers for Saturday, October 22.