TLC STARTS PRODUCTION ON "STARTER WIVES" (wt)
TLC will soon start production on the new series STARTER WIVES (working title), revealing the fascinating and controversial world of celebrity ex-wives and ex-girlfriends. The series will share the lives of seven women who supported their former husbands/boyfriends before the fame and wealth made them the men they are today. They devoted their time, money, and support to the men they loved. Now, these women are working on moving forward and starting over on their own, with a new focus on creating a path in life that will give themselves and their children the security and success they know they deserve.
Filming is slated to start mid-October and the series is expected to premiere in early 2013. Four hour-long episodes have been ordered, and are being produced by NOLA.
The cast includes:
· Zakia Baum: Ex-girlfriend of Jermaine "Maino" Coleman; mother of his son.
· Cheryl Caruso: Ex-wife of mobster Phillip Caruso, and mother of his 2 daughters.
· Josie Harris: Ex-girlfriend of Floyd Mayweather; mother of his three children.
· Monica Joseph-Taylor: soon to be ex-wife of Aston "Funkmaster Flex" Taylor; mother to his two children.
· Liza Morales: Ex-girlfriend of Lamar Odom; mother of his three children.
· Tashera Simmons: Ex-wife of Earl "DMX" Simmons; mother of four of his children.
· Shaniqua Tompkins: Ex-girlfriend of Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, and mother of his son.
TLC is a global brand that celebrates extraordinary people and relatable life moments through innovative nonfiction programming. A top 10 cable network in key female demos, TLC has built successful franchises around the Cake Boss and Say Yes to the Dress brands. In 2011, TLC had 28 series averaging 1.0 million P2+ viewers or more including Sister Wives, My Strange Addiction, Extreme Couponing, Toddlers & Tiaras, 19 Kids and Counting, What Not To Wear and Long Island Medium.
TLC is available in more than 99 million homes in the US and more than 227 million households in nearly 150 markets internationally. A destination online, TLC.com offers in-depth fan sites, exclusive video content, and original editorial covering style, home, food, and more. Fans can also interact with TLC via On Demand services, on mobile platforms, including an iPhone App, and through social media such as Facebook or @TLC on Twitter. TLC is part of Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA,DISCB, DISCK), the world's number one nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in 209 countries and territories.