ESPN to Televise NBA Preseason Doubleheader October 23
ESPN will televise an NBA preseason doubleheader on Wednesday, October 23, beginning at 7 p.m. ET with the new-look Brooklyn Nets - led by first-time head coach Jason Kidd - visiting the Boston Celtics and Rajon Rondo. The game could mark the first time Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett return to the TD Garden after joining the Nets this offseason.
In the nightcap, the Chicago Bulls, who expect to welcome back star point guard Derrick Rose, will play the Oklahoma City Thunder and Kevin Durant at the INTRUST Bank Arena in Wichita, Kan., at 9:30 p.m. Both games will also be available on computers, smartphones, tablets, Xbox and Apple TV via the WatchESPN app.
Additionally, ESPN.com will provide comprehensive NBA preseason coverage, including:
· #NBARank - ESPN.com's ranking of the top 500 NBA players - will begin in September;
· Profiles of every NBA player and all 30 NBA teams;
· ESPN Forecast will predict every team's win-loss record, the NBA Champion and award winners;
· TrueHoop TV's season preview;
· Columns from ESPN NBA Insiders, including Henry Abbott, J.A. Adande, Kevin Arnovitz, Amin Elhassan, Israel Gutierrez, Tom Haberstroh, Kevin Pelton, Ramona Shelburne, Marc Stein, Michael Wallace, Brian Windhorst and more. Plus, additional contributions from Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe of Grantland.