OXYGEN MEDIA BREATHES FRESH AIR INTO OXYGEN.COM WITH SITE REDESIGN AND SEAMLESS MOBILE AND TABLET EXPERIENCE
Network Introduces Robust Digital Content Strategy For 2014 Programming Slate
NEW YORK - April 21, 2014- Oxygen Media unveiled the re-launch of Oxygen.com today, making it more convenient than ever for the network's young, female audience to access digital content anywhere, at any time. Oxygen continues to be a social media trendsetter and leader in engaging modern young women, becoming the #4 most talked-about cable reality network and generating nearly 5 million tweets last year. Compared to the average online user, the Oxygen viewer is more likely to visit websites on their cell phone and use their computer to watch videos while watching TV. To tap in to these trends, the new Oxygen.com will feature a responsive design, a familiar app-like interface and a seamless experience on desktop, mobile and tablet devices. With live social and video chats features for all original programs and integrated social dashboards, the new site also provides new opportunities for fan engagement and social activity. For the first time on Oxygen.com, fans can join and engage with their favorite shows in TV Rooms powered by Beamly, the content and social network for TV. The network's recently announced new slate of programming lends itself to bulk up the revamped site with transmedia storytelling, targeted social reach campaigns and talent driven digital events.
"The re-launch of Oxygen.com will create an even more seamless user experience for our young, female viewers who are social media trendsetters," said Lisa Hsia, Executive Vice President of Digital, Bravo and Oxygen Media. "By translating the network's upcoming programming slate into a 360 degree experience, we are giving fans an opportunity to connect and share across all our digital platforms."
Oxygen earned its best year ever in full episode streams last year, with 63 percent growth year over year. On the heels of this success, Oxygen.com will offer even more full episodes online and will include full season catch-ups, with plans to expand short form video content as well. The new Oxygen.com will also include weekly blogs penned by show talent, host more cast twitter chats than ever before, as well as live after-shows featuring video chats with talent, allowing users to connect with their favorite Oxygen personalities face-to-face.
Fans will get real time, compelling access to the network and show-specific social media activity, as well as personal Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts for each cast, with advertisers' social posts integrated throughout, all on one convenient platform. Of the top 10 most social cable reality networks, Oxygen viewers have the second largest number of followers - helping to drive the conversation faster and further. In an effort to engage these and other influencers, Oxygen will implement Twitter's new amplified platform, giving the network and advertisers the ability to reach a more targeted audience based on key words, interest, location, gender and device.
A more robust slate of digital content will give viewers the chance to participate in their favorite Oxygen shows through voting and social media. These digital initiatives include:
· "Sisterhood of Hip Hop" will tap female hip-hop greats to contribute weekly digital and social content to complement the show in the companion series, "Conversations with Legends."
· "Nail'd It!" will invite viewers to express themselves by socially submitting a share-worthy photo of their own nail art using a custom hash tag. Entries will be aggregated on a landing page with the chance to also appear in social vignettes during premiere episodes of the show.
· "Fix My Choir" series' stars Deitrick Haddon and Michelle Williams will participate in live video after shows following premiere episodes where fans will have the chance to ask questions directly to the show talent.
· "Street Art Throwdown" will offer fans an immersive transmedia experience by extending the storytelling into original video content that lives in the digital space and will feature a shocking last-minute twist in the end.
· "My Crazy Love" will ask questions in a cross-platform poll inspired by episode themes to find out how far fans have gone in the name of love. Viewers will be encouraged to respond on their second screen devices while watching live episodes with results provided in real time.
Source: Nielsen Social ranking among all cable reality networks in primetime for 2013, based on number of tweets and followers/unique author.
Experian. Spring '13 NHCS Adult Study 2-Year. Data based on NBC WINS Online Filter. W18-29. Watched Oxygen in the last 7 days.
Omniture Site Catalyst. 2012 vs. 2013.
About Oxygen Media
Oxygen Media is a multiplatform entertainment brand that delivers relevant and engaging content to modern, young women. Oxygen is a social media trendsetter and leader in engaging modern young women- anywhere, anytime and on any device. Available in 80 million homes, Oxygen Media is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. For more information visit www.oxygen.com and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/OxygenPR.