OVATION TO KICK OFF THE SUMMER WITH A FULL SLATE OF NEW ART-CENTRIC PROGRAMS
US Exclusives and Network Originals Include Big Ballet, Capture, Trending Trailers and Wall of Sound
DIRECTV Subscribers Get a Free Ovation Preview May 26 to June 1
SANTA MONICA, CA - May 22, 2014 Ovation, America's only arts network, kicks off the summer with an artful programming line-up that includes the exciting new series Big Ballet, Trending Trailers, Wall of Sound and Capture. The new programs premiere in May and June, along with Ovation favorites like The Art Of and The Artful Detective returning with all-new episodes. Here are the highlights:
· Wall Of Sound - Ovation's new weekly music series brings viewers the very latest news, gossip, releases and chart rundowns from around the world. It features reviews of the latest music albums like Pharell Williams "Girl," Lily Allen "Sheezus," Imagine Dragons "Night Visions," and Coldplay "Ghost stories," as well as a look at the careers of successful artists such as Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Lopez, and Beyoncé. We also look at upcoming talents such as Bombay Bicycle club, Maximo Park, Warpaint and many more. New episodes of Wall of Sound premiere on Fridays at 7PM ET.
· Trending Trailers - Hosted by Marc Istook, this weekly original series guides viewers through what's coming up on the big screen and on the small screen, through the hottest trailers and exclusive interviews. Upcoming episodes will feature They Came Together starring Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler, and Maleficent starring Angelina Jolie. A new episode premieres every Friday at 7:30PM ET leading into the "Standing Ovation Showcase" movie at 8PM.
· The Artful Detective - Ovation's popular drama series explores the intriguing, turn-of-the-century world of William Murdoch, a detective who pioneers innovative forensic techniques and inventions to solve some of the city's most intriguing crimes. A new episode of The Artful Detective premieres every Saturday at 8PM ET. Ovation is also featuring an exclusive new digital companion series, The Curse of the Lost Pharaohs, online at http://www.ovationtv.com/series/artful-detective/
· Big Ballet - Making its US television premiere only on Ovation, Big Ballet is a 3-part inspirational, unscripted series about making dreams come true for plus-sized dancers. Premieres Wednesday, May 28 at 10PM ET, with an encore presentation Sundays at 8PM ET.
· The Art Of - Now in its third season, Ovation's original, weekly, half-hour series profiles artists whose boundary-pushing art exists on the fringes of traditional art and is truly unique. Coming up are:
· The Art Of: Home - premiering Sunday, June 8 at 7:30PM.
· The Art Of: Photography - premiering Sunday, June 22 at 7:30PM.
· The Art Of: Weddings - premiering Sunday, June 29.
· Capture - Nominated for a Daytime Emmy in 2013, Capture features world-renowned celebrity photographer Mark Seliger (Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair) as he interviews stars with a passion for photography, including Matthew Modine, Dylan McDermott, Helena Christensen, Kevin Bacon, Alan Cumming and more. Produced by Uncommon Content, Capture premieres Sunday, June 22 at 7PM ET, with a Sneak Peek on VOD/TVE on Sunday, June 15
Beginning May 26, DIRECTV subscribers will have access to a free Ovation preview. Tune in to Ovation channel 274 through June 1 for great arts programming you won't see anywhere else.
For more information, please visit www.ovationtv.com/
Ovation is America's only arts network, whose mission is to inspire the world through all forms of art and artistic expression. Ovation programming is a one-of-a-kind mix of original and selectively curated art-centric series, documentaries, films and specials. Ovation's signature programming includes The Art Of, A Young Doctor's Notebook, and The Fashion Fund. Ovation reaches a national audience of over 50 million homes and is available on cable, satellite, and telco systems, such as Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Comcast Cable/Xfinity, RCN, DIRECTV, DISH, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse, Charter, and Hawaiian Telcom. Ovation is also available on VOD (in both standard and high definition). Ovation's diversified viewer experiences extend across its linear network, the popular ovationtv.com, and active social presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more. Ovation is a cause based-media company and is deeply engaged with the arts both nationally and locally, providing more than $15 million in contributions and in-kind support to community organizations, cultural institutions, and arts education programs. See the Ovation Facebook page for the latest information and conversations happening across the Ovation brand and the arts: www.facebook.com/OvationTV.