USA NETWORK'S CHARACTERS UNITE CAMPAIGN EXPANDS CB2 PARTNERSHIP TO CELEBRATE PRIDE MONTH
Month-Long Initiative in 10 CB2 Stores Will Promote Tolerance and Acceptance
And Support GLSEN's Efforts to Ensure Safe Schools for All Students
NEW YORK - May 28, 2013 -USA Network's award-winning Characters Unite public service campaign is expanding its partnership with CB2, the modern home furnishing and accessories destination, to celebrate Pride Month for the second consecutive year with a multi-platform promotion to combat hate and discrimination. Through in-store, on-air and digital efforts, the month-long initiative will aim to foster greater tolerance and acceptance and benefit GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network), the leading national education organization focused on ensuring safe schools for all students.
CB2 stores nationwide will be holding special events and promotions throughout the month of June highlighting the Characters Unite "I Won't Stand For..." initiative to combat hate and discrimination and CB2's "Room for All" message that unkindness of any type should not be accepted. Each store will prominently display co-branded signage encouraging consumers to speak out and share that they will no longer stand for bullying, prejudice, intolerance or any other form of discrimination. In addition, CB2 stores in Los Angeles and New York will host exclusive parties and activations featuring USA Network talent.
"We are proud to continue our partnership with CB2 for the second year in a row to celebrate Pride Month and to help stop hate and discrimination while promoting greater tolerance and respect," said Toby Graff, USA Network's senior vice president, public affairs. "As bullying continues to be a major issue in schools, it's more important than ever to work with organizations, such as GLSEN, to make schools safer for all students."
As part of the promotion, CB2 stores and cb2.com will offer a specific discount off all purchases at participating locations during the in-store events. In addition, for every person that attends, CB2 and USA Network's Characters Unite will donate $1, up to $10,000, to GLSEN.
USA will drive consumer engagement via a customized Characters Unite "I Won't Stand For..." Public Service Announcement (PSA) to run on-air throughout June, encouraging viewers to go to CB2 stores or to join the campaign via digital and social media. Both CB2 and Characters Unite will have additional information and resources online and will direct consumers to a Facebook app where they can create a personal "I Won't Stand For..." photo to share with friends and family.
Locations and dates for the USA Network Characters Unite and CB2 in-store Pride Month events include:
· Los Angeles - Saturday, May 31st, 1:00pm 3:00pm - CB2 West Hollywood Store (8000 W. Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046).
· Georgetown - Thursday, June 5th, 5:00pm - 7:00pm - CB2 Georgetown (3307 M Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20007).
· Santa Monica - Saturday, June 7th, 1:00pm - 3:00pm - CB2 Santa Monica Place (Space 142, Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica, CA 90401).
· Berkeley - Thursday, 22nd, 1:00pm - 3:00pm - CB2 Berkeley (1730 4th Street, Berkeley, CA 94710).
· San Francisco - Saturday, June 21st, 1:00pm - 3:00pm - CB2 Union Square Store (34 Ellis Street, San Francisco, CA 94102).
· Chicago - June 21st, 1:00pm - 4:00pm - CB2 Lincoln Park Store (800 w. North Ave, Chicago, IL 60642).
· New York City - Thursday, June 26th, 5:00pm - 8:00pm - CB2 Eastside (979 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10022).
· New York City - Thursday, June 26th, 6:00pm - 8:00pm - CB2 Soho Store (451 Broadway, New York, NY 10013).
· Minneapolis - Saturday, June 28th, 1:00pm - 4:00pm - CB2 Uptown (3045 Hennepin Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55408).
· Atlanta - October 11th, 1:00pm - 4:00pm - CB2 Midtown (1080 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309)
For more information about the Characters Unite campaign, visit www.charactersunite.com.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Chicago, CB2 is a modern home furnishings and accessories destination from Crate and Barrel, offering innovative and affordable design solutions for apartment, loft, home and office. From mid-century-inspired accessories to classic barware to contemporary furniture, CB2 is ideal for urban-dwellers, with many furnishings scaled perfectly to fit small spaces.
NETWORK The #1 network in all of basic cable for an unprecedented eight straight years, USA Network is seen in more than 102 million U.S. homes. USA offers a powerful stable of dramatic, comedic and unscripted originals. The network also features spectacular live television, a dynamic portfolio of acquired series and the best in blockbuster theatrical films and entertainment events. A trailblazer in digital innovation and storytelling, USA is defining, driving and setting the industry standard for Social TV. USA is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal. The award-winning website is located at http://www.usanetwork.com.