ACADEMY SELECTS SHOW DATES FOR 2016, 2017, 2018
KEY DATES ANNOUNCED FOR 88TH OSCARS(R)
LOS ANGELES, CA - The Academy and the ABC Television Network today announced the dates for the 88th, 89th and 90th Oscar(R) presentations. The Academy Awards(R) will air live on ABC on Oscar Sunday, February 28, 2016, February 26, 2017, and March 4, 2018, respectively.
Academy key dates for the 2015 Awards season are:
· Saturday, November 14, 2015 The Governors Awards
· Wednesday, December 30, 2015 Nominations voting opens 8 a.m., PT
· Friday, January 8, 2016 Nominations voting closes 5 p.m., PT
· Thursday, January 14, 2016 Oscar Nominations Announcement
· Monday, February 8, 2016 Oscar Nominees Luncheon
· Friday, February 12, 2016 Final voting opens 8 a.m., PT
· Saturday, February 13, 2016 Scientific and Technical Awards
· Tuesday, February 23, 2016 Final voting closes 5 p.m., PT
· Oscar Sunday, February 28, 2016 88th Academy Awards begins 7 p.m., ET/ 4 p.m., PT
The 88th Academy Awards will be held at the Dolby Theatre(R) at Hollywood & Highland Center(R) in Hollywood, and will be televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
# # #
ABOUT THE ACADEMY
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is the world's preeminent movie-related organization, with a membership of more than 6,000 of the most accomplished men and women working in cinema. In addition to the annual Academy Awards - in which the members vote to select the nominees and winners - the Academy presents a diverse year-round slate of public programs, exhibitions and events; provides financial support to a wide range of other movie-related organizations and endeavors; acts as a neutral advocate in the advancement of motion picture technology; and, through its Margaret Herrick Library and Academy Film Archive, collects, preserves, restores and provides access to movies and items related to their history. Through these and other activities the Academy serves students, historians, the entertainment industry and people everywhere who love movies.
FOLLOW THE ACADEMY