ESPN to Deliver Comprehensive Coverage of EURO 2016 Across Multiple Platforms
Global Digital-Exclusive Shows Highlight In-Depth Coverage on ESPNFC.com, ESPNDeportes.com and ESPN.com
This summer, ESPN will present exclusive programming and comprehensive coverage from EURO 2016 across digital platforms worldwide. This multiplatform approach will share resources and complement coverage between WatchESPN, ESPN3, ESPNFC.com, ESPNDeportes.com and ESPN.com editions in the U.S., UK, India and Australia. Aspects of ESPN's coverage, analysis and video will also appear on the recently launched ESPN section of QQ Sports in China.
WatchESPN coverage will also feature multiple feeds with varying camera angles that will enhance the fan viewing experience, including a high end zone camera, a cable camera from above, highlights updated during the live window, and angles from both coaches and the bench.
On ESPN FC, a new slate of digital-exclusive shows will be introduced and accessible across platforms worldwide, including:
· Morning EURO: daily multimedia digital morning show where fans can get the latest news and updates from EURO 2016. The EURO Daily digital feature will include a daily infographic providing fans with a preview of what to watch in the tournament.
· On the Road with Alison Bender: daily evening program covering the top storylines from EURO 2016, exclusive interviews and in-depth features focusing on the culture, landmarks and people of France.
· EURO After Dark: upon conclusion of the last studio show of the evening, ESPN FC analysts continue the conversation from the tournament across digital platforms.
· The Sweeper: highlights of the biggest stories trending on social media.
Over the course of the tournament, ESPNFC.com, ESPN.com and ESPNDeportes.com will present analysis, highlights and insight from ESPN FC writers Gabriele Marcotti, Chris Jones, Iain Macintosh, John Brewin, Miguel Delaney, Wright Thompson and others. In addition, ESPN Deportes' Jordi Blanco will be following Spain throughout the tournament, and Sebastian Christensen will be onsite presenting Spanish-language and bilingual reports, videos and analysis. An ESPNFC.com reporter will be present at each of the 51 matches, offering rapid reaction, deeper dives, second-day analysis and more. Notable features include:
· EURO Fan's Guide: the go-to destination of what every fan needs to know every day going into EURO 2016 coverage. Up-to-date information, match schedules, group predictions, logistical information and what conversations surrounding the tournament are trending will be covered.
· Team EURO Blog Network: 24 bloggers from all over the world will contribute posts of their views of the tournament from the unique lens of their home country.
· EURO Rank: player's ranking produced in English and Spanish in collaboration with ESPN and ESPN Deportes editorial teams.
· Marvel Art: EURO Superheroes of 2016: original illustrations from Marvel artists of the biggest names in football, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Gareth Bale. Designs will be in English, Spanish and Portuguese.