Amazon Studios Greenlights Fifth Season of Jill Soloway's Golden Globe Award and Multi-Emmy Award Winning Series "Transparent"
Fifth season expected to premiere in 2018 on Amazon Prime Video exclusively for Prime Members
SEATTLE - August 24, 2017 - (NASDAQ: AMZN) - Amazon Studios today announced it has greenlit a fifth season of Jill Soloway's Golden Globe Award and multi-Emmy Award winning series Transparent. The fifth season will begin production next year and is anticipated to premiere on Amazon Prime Video in 2018 exclusively for Prime Members.
The entire Pfefferman family will be back including Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development), Judith Light (Dallas), Gaby Hoffmann (Girls), Jay Duplass (Togetherness) and Amy Landecker (Louie). Andrea Sperling (Spivak) will continue as executive producer as well as Soloway.
"Over the past few seasons the Pfeffermans have gone across the world, back in time and made many, many trips to the deli," said Joe Lewis, Head of Comedy, Drama and VR, Amazon Studios. "We're so excited to see what magic Jill and the incredible team bring to this always groundbreaking series in season five."
Transparent's creator Jill Soloway commented: "We are extremely grateful to Amazon Studios for their continued trust and support and to our audience for their warm embrace of the Pfeffermans. We look forward to another season of comedy and drama, love and weirdness, God and sex - in the service of community and in pursuit of peace, joy, freedom and human rights for all."
Transparent is a comedic, half hour novelistic series that explores identity, love, sex, God and boundaries through the lives of a complicated American family. Tambor is Maura Pfefferman, whose reintroduction to her family as a woman sets their journey in motion. Her ex-wife Shelly (played by Light), and their children - Ali (played by Hoffmann), Josh (played by Duplass), and Sarah (played by Landecker) - explore the uneven terrain of their own lives with poignant and meaningful results.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
· Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed and self-published content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming exclusively as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
· Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike - the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), X-Ray and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.