Amazon Brings Season Two of "Fleabag," the Acclaimed Half Hour Series Written by and Starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge Exclusively to Amazon Prime Video in Over 200 Countries in 2019
SEATTLE - August 25, 2017 - (NASDAQ: AMZN) - Amazon today announced it will offer a second season of the half hour series Fleabag with series creator, Phoebe Waller-Bridge (A Star Wars Story: Untitled Han Solo Film), returning as writer and star. Waller-Bridge can also be seen in the upcoming untitled Han Solo "Star Wars" anthology film and will serve as showrunner and executive producer of BBC America's upcoming 2018 drama, Killing Eve. The second season of Fleabag is expected to premiere in 2019 on Prime Video in over 200 countries exclusively for Prime members.
The first season premiered in September 2016 and was hailed by The New York Times, Vanity Fair, GQ, Vulture, The Atlantic, Variety, and Buzzfeed among others, as one of the best new shows of the year. Fleabag was nominated for six BAFTA Awards in 2017, including a win for Waller-Bridge for Best Female Performance in a Comedy Programme.
"The first season of Fleabag introduced audiences to the brilliant and rebellious voice of Phoebe Waller-Bridge," said Joe Lewis, Head of Comedy, Drama and VR, Amazon Studios. "She's one of the best and most dynamic showrunners in TV today and we're so excited to bring a new season of the smart and hilarious Fleabag to customers soon."
"I asked myself if Fleabag has more to say and frankly she hasn't shut up since," said Phoebe Waller-Bridge. "Series two will be a whole new adventure and I'm beyond thrilled to be coming back."
Fleabag is a hilarious and poignant window into the mind of a dry-witted, sexual, angry, grief-riddled woman (Waller-Bridge), as she hurls herself at modern living in London. The show is based on Waller-Bridge's play Fleabag, which won an Edinburgh Fringe First Award, the Critics' Circle and Off-West End Awards for Most Promising Playwright and a Special Commendation from the Susan Smith Blackburn Prize.
The first season also starred Brett Gelman (American Dad!, Twin Peaks), Olivia Colman (Broadchurch, The Night Manager), Bill Paterson (The Rebel, Outlander), Hugh Dennis (Outnumbered), Hugh Skinner (Harlots, Poldark), Jamie Demetriou (Paddington 2, People Time), Jenny Rainsford (The Favourite, The Smoke),and Sian Clifford (Fry-Up, Paddy). A Two Brothers Pictures production in association with DryWrite, Fleabag was directed by Harry Bradbeer (Killing Eve, Dickensian), and executive produced by Harry Williams and Jack Williams (Rellik, The Missing) of Two Brothers Pictures, Lydia Hampson (The Art of Foley) and Waller-Bridge, and distributed by all3media International.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
· Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed and self-published content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming exclusively as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
· Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike - the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
· Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
· Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
· Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), X-Ray and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.