AMC LAUNCHES NEW VIRTUAL REALITY APP, AMC VR, WITH BRAND-NEW "THE WALKING DEAD" VR CONTENT
Bonus Scene From 100th Episode of "The Walking Dead" Starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Seth Gilliam and Directed by Greg Nicotero Will Launch Following
Conclusion of Season 8 Premiere on Sunday, October 22
NEW YORK, NY, October 19, 2017 - AMC announced today that it has launched a new, immersive virtual reality app, AMC VR, which allows users to step into the worlds of AMC's groundbreaking original series like "The Walking Dead," "Into the Badlands" and more. The AMC VR app, which is available now for iOS, Android, Gear VR and Google Daydream, allows users to experience virtual scenarios such as becoming a walker from "The Walking Dead" or getting Hong Kong-style martial arts training from the "Into the Badlands" Fight Camp. Users will also be able to watch the latest AMC trailers and behind-the-scenes video in the AMC VR app's screening room.
Additionally, timed to "The Walking Dead's" 100th episode, AMC VR will debut an extended 360-degree bonus scene from the Season 8 premiere starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Seth Gilliam. Directed by series executive producer and special effects makeup supervisor Greg Nicotero, co-directed by Kevin Cornish and produced by Moth + Flame, the extended scene will be available on the AMC VR app following the conclusion of the Season 8 premiere airing Sunday, October 22nd at 9pm ET on AMC.
"With the launch of AMC VR, we are pleased to bring shows like 'The Walking Dead' and 'Into the Badlands' to life in an immersive and experiential way," said Mac McKean, EVP of Innovation and Product Development for AMC and SundanceTV. "Viewers want to enter the worlds they watch on AMC, and this app brings them there."
The AMC VR app is available on both iOS and Android devices. Download links:
· iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amc-vr/id1295952127
· Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amc.vr
· Gear VR: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/1372218952904227/
· Google Daydream: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amc.daydream
Other content available on AMC VR includes:
"The Walking Dead" (Directed by Greg Nicotero)
· "Attacked Pt. 1: Trapped" - You're trapped in an abandoned car. Can you last until help arrives?
· "Attacked Pt. 2: Surrounded" - The walkers are closing in now, and time is running out.
· "Attacked Pt. 3: Devoured" - Unfortunately, not everyone makes it out alive in this world.
· "Attacked Pt. 4: Herd" - You're the walking dead. Join the herd.
"Into the Badlands"
· Virtual Reality Fight Camp: Immerse yourself in training camp as series stars Daniel Wu, Aramis Knight and Ally Ioannides watch themselves practice a choreographed fight.
· Tilda on the Wire: Daniel Wu (Sunny) teaches Ally Ioannides (Tilda) how to use a dead body to her advantage for a Season 2 scene of "Into the Badlands."
Upcoming additions to the app include all-new experiences for "The Walking Dead," "Into the Badlands," AMC's new original series "The Terror" and more.
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy(R) Award for Outstanding Drama Series with "Mad Men" in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before "Breaking Bad" won it in 2013 and 2014. The network's series "The Walking Dead" is the highest-rated series in cable history and the number one show on television among adults 18-49 for the last five years. AMC's other current original drama series include "Better Call Saul," "TURN: Washington's Spies," "Halt and Catch Fire," "Humans," "Fear the Walking Dead," "Into the Badlands," "The Night Manager," "Preacher," "The Son" and the forthcoming "The Terror," "Lodge 49," "Loaded" and "McMafia." AMC also explores authentic worlds and discussion with original shows like "Talking Dead," "Talking With Chris Hardwick," "The Making of The Mob," "Comic Book Men," "Ride with Norman Reedus" and "The American West." AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, SundanceTV, BBC America and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.