LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- NBC has renewed its summer staple for a 13th season, a spokesperson confirmed this afternoon. Simon Cowell, Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum and Mel B are all returning as judges while Tyra Banks is also due back as the show's host.
A premiere date will be announced shortly. The Peacock also offered the following ratings highlights:
· Last summer, "America's Got Talent" averaged a 3.5 rating in adults 18-49 and 16 million viewers overall in "live plus seven day" averages for original Tuesday telecasts, according to Nielsen Media Research. That made it the most-watched season in its 12-year history. "AGT" was easily the #1 summer show in both measures and provided a strong lead-in to the #2 show of the summer, NBC's "World of Dance."
· In addition to seeing tremendous ratings growth, "AGT's" 12th season also set massive records across digital platforms, garnering more than 2.6 billion views across Facebook (1.9 billion), YouTube (630 million) and Twitter (81 million) combined.
· Season 12 winner was 12-year-old singing ventriloquist Darci Lynne Farmer from Oklahoma City. Farmer received the most votes ever for a finale show and dazzled audiences with her performances featuring puppets Oscar and Petunia.
· Season 11 winner Grace VanderWaal continues to excel. The 14-year-old singer-songwriter announced today she will be joining Imagine Dragons as special guest on their U.S. tour. Since winning "AGT," she released her debut album "Just the Beginning" and launched her first-ever sold-out headline tour.
· Auditions for season 13 of "AGT" are still underway, with open calls being held in Phoenix, Ariz., on Saturday, Feb. 24. In addition, online auditions are open through March 9. Interested acts can submit a video at www.AGTAuditions.com.
· America's Got Talent" was created by Simon Cowell and is co-produced by FremantleMedia North America and Syco Entertainment. Simon Cowell, Sam Donnelly, Jason Raff, Trish Kinane and Richard Wallace are the executive producers.