MEDIA ALERT: 'THE VOICE' ANNOUNCES SPECIAL FINALE PERFORMANCES
· Superstar "Voice" coaches Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton to perform on star-studded live two-hour season finale of four-time Emmy Award-winning musical competition series "The Voice" airing Tuesday, May 19 (9-11 p.m. ET/PT) on NBC. Shelton will be joined by Gwen Stefani for his performance, who has served as a coach on four seasons of "The Voice."
· The season finale will also feature special A-list performances by Jonas Brothers with KAROL G, Bon Jovi and Lady Antebellum. Additional performances will be announced at a later date.
· For the first time ever, five artists will compete for "The Voice" title. One of the five finalists - Toneisha Harris and Todd Tilghman from Team Blake, Micah Iverson from Team Kelly, CammWess from Team Legend and Thunderstorm Artis from Team Nick - will be crowned the winner. Once again, all four coaches have an artist competing in the finale. Only Blake Shelton will have two artists vying for the title.
· Top 5 finalists will perform on Monday, May 18 (8:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), and the winner will be revealed on the two-hour live telecast on Tuesday, May 19 (9:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT) on NBC
· Grammy Award-winning global superstar Kelly Clarkson will perform her new single "I Dare You," a sensational anthem of resilience by way of love and positivity. "I Dare You" was recently released alongside a five-track collection of multi-language duet versions, sung with a canon of internationally acclaimed vocalists in their native tongue including French, Arabic, Spanish, German and Hebrew.
· Multi-platinum Grammy and Golden Globe Award-nominated Nick Jonas will perform a special cover of "Until We Meet Again."
· EGOT-winning, critically acclaimed multi-platinum singer-songwriter John Legend will perform a stirring medley including his #1 hit single "All of Me", his moving rendition of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" as well as his evocative new single "Conversations in the Dark," which hit #1 on the overall iTunes song chart and is featured on his forthcoming new album, "Bigger Love" due out on June 19th.
· Country superstar Blake Shelton and Grammy winning artist Gwen Stefani will perform their hit "Nobody But You," which spent two weeks at #1 on Billboard's Country Airplay chart. "Nobody But You" has amassed nearly 100 million on-demand streams, and spent nine consecutive weeks in the Top 3 of the country Shazam chart. "Nobody But You" is Shelton's 27th career #1 country single and marks Stefani's first-ever #1 country single.
· The coaches' performances will be uplifting and hopeful, highlighting the essential workers in our global community. Each coach will also perform a special remote duet with their respective finalists.
· Grammy-nominated and pre-eminent male group of the century, Jonas Brothers, will perform their newly released single "X" featuring Latin GRAMMY Award-winning reggaeton superstar KAROL G.
· Rock & Roll Hall of Fame band Bon Jovi will perform their upbeat, anthemic new single "Limitless" from new album "Bon Jovi 2020," which will be released this fall.
· Multi-platinum trio Lady Antebellum will perform their latest single "Champagne Night," which was created on the Season Two premiere of NBC's hit songwriter series "Songland." The song reached #1 on the iTunes Overall Chart and #1 on the iTunes Country Chart, and following fan enthusiasm for "Champagne Night," Lady Antebellum delivered the track to Country Radio.'
· On Monday, May 18, the Top 5 artists will perform for America's vote. Each artist will perform one cover and one original song. The episode will kick-off with a special performance of Collective Soul's "Shine," featuring the Top 5 artists.
· In collaboration with NBC's "Songland," "The Voice" has enlisted the help of top industry producers and "Songland" mentors Ester Dean (Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer of Rihanna, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj), Shane McAnally (three-time Grammy-winning songwriter and producer of Kacey Musgraves, Kelly Clarkson and Sam Hunt with over 40 #1 country records and two-time ACM Songwriter of the Year) and Ryan Tedder (lead singer of OneRepublic and four-time Grammy Award-winning songwriter and producer of Adele, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé and Jonas Brothers) to help produce each artist's original song. Viewers will get a deeper look into the process of bringing these songs to life than ever before. The "Songland" hitmakers will lend their expertise to the coaches and artists as they come together to creatively adapt and produce the songs to fit the individual styles of each artist.
· ABOUT BON JOVI: Over an illustrious career spanning more than three decades since their formation in 1983, Bon Jovi has earned their place among global rock royalty and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as well as the Songwriters Hall of Fame. With over 130 million albums sold worldwide, and extensive catalog of hit anthems, thousands of concerts performed in more than 50 countries for more than 35 million fans, and ticket grosses well over $1 billion around the world in the last decade alone. Bon Jovi is the consummate rock and roll band.
· ABOUT KELLY CLARKSON: Kelly Clarkson is among the most popular artists of this era with total worldwide sales of more than 25 million albums and 40 million singles. The Texas-born singer-songwriter first came to fame in 2002 as the winner of the inaugural season of "American Idol." Clarkson's debut single, "A Moment Like This," followed and quickly went to #1 on Billboard's Hot 100, ultimately ranking as the year's best-selling single in the U.S. Further, Clarkson is one of pop's top singles artists, with 18 singles boasting multi-platinum, platinum and gold certifications around the world, including such global favorites as "Miss Independent" and "Because of You." Clarkson has released eight studio albums ("Thankful," "Breakaway," "My December," "All I Ever Wanted," "Stronger," "Wrapped In Red," "Piece By Piece," "Meaning of Life"), one greatest hits album, and two children's books (New York Times Top 10 best seller "River Rose and the Magical Lullaby" and the follow up "River Rose and the Magical Christmas"). She is the recipient of an array of awards including three GRAMMY Awards, four American Music Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards, two Academy of Country Music Awards, two American Country Awards, and one Country Music Association Award. She is also the first artist to top each of Billboard's pop, adult contemporary, country and dance charts.
· ABOUT KAROL G: Born in Medellin, Colombia, Carolina Giraldo Navarro, known as KAROL G, is on her way to becoming not only the biggest Latin artist, but one of the most recognized artists in the world. KAROL G's recent release "Tusa" with legendary GRAMMY Award-winning rapper, Nicki Minaj and produced by Ovy on the Drums (Becky G, Anuel AA, Enrique Iglesias) debuted at #1 on Billboard's Hot Latin Songs Chart making it the first female collaboration to do so. Prior to the release of "Tusa," KAROL G was named Best New Artist at the 2018 Latin GRAMMY Awards for her debut album "Unstoppable." Continuing momentum, the reggaet�n superstar followed up her debut album with her latest project Ocean, which has been certified 5x platinum and garnered over 10 billion streams to-date. Over the span of her career, KAROL G has been covered by the likes of The New York Times, Vulture, NME, Pitchfork, Complex, Rolling Stone and countless others while receiving nods from the People's Choice Awards, Spotify Awards, Billboard Latin Music Awards, Latin American Music Awards, MTV Europe Music Awards, iHeartRadio Music Awards, Premios Juventud and more. All of this is setting the stage for a massive 2020 for the superstar as she gears up for the release of her next album and even more chart-topping releases.
· ABOUT JONAS BROTHERS: Following a six-year hiatus, Jonas Brothers took the world by storm in 2019 with the surprise release of their critically acclaimed and widely successful single "Sucker." The double-platinum single debuted at #1 on Billboard's Hot 100, becoming the first #1 for the band and the first #1 debut from a group this century. The band went on to release Chasing Happiness, an Amazon Original film documenting the brothers rise and return to music, before going on to deliver their third #1 album debut with the release of their platinum-selling album Happiness Begins (Republic Records). Throughout the year the band continued to soar with their sold-out "Happiness Begins Tour," with over 1.2 million tickets sold. The band most recently released, Happiness Continues, an Amazon Original film documenting the band's 2019 live concert experience, and announced the release of XV, which will include their new single "X" featuring KAROL G, and "Five More Minutes," which they first previewed during the 2020 GRAMMY(R) Awards.
· ABOUT NICK JONAS: Jonas is one third of the preeminent male group of this century, the Jonas Brothers, who most recently opened the floodgates for a new era of titans in pop music. They earned three consecutive #1 albums and sold out shows throughout three continents. The tremendous success of the band provided a launch pad for the successful solo careers of Nick and his brothers, Joe and Kevin Jonas, who had kept loyal fans yearning for a reunion, until recently. Jonas has received critically acclaimed solo success off his self-titled album, which includes the triple-platinum and #1 U.S. radio hit "Jealous." A recipient of the Songwriters Hall of Fame's prestigious Hal David Starlight Award, Jonas co-wrote the original song "Home" for the movie "Ferdinand." The song was nominated for a 2018 Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. As an actor, Jonas garnered critical praise for his role in the 2016 Sundance Film Festival film "Goat." He appeared alongside Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, and Jack Black in "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle," Sony's highest-grossing film at the U.S. box office. Jonas was also featured in Roland Emmerich's "Midway" and recently completed production on Lionsgate's post-apocalyptic thriller "Chaos Walking," which stars Daisy Ridley and Tom Holland, and is scheduled for release later this year. On the TV side, Jonas guest-starred in Fox's horror-comedy series "Scream Queens" and co-starred in "Kingdom."
· ABOUT LADY ANTEBELLUM: Over the course of their decade-plus career, Lady Antebellum has become one of the 21st century's premier vocal groups, blending deeply felt emotions with classic country sounds. As a country radio staple, the trio has amassed record-breaking success with nine #1 hits while ushering in more than 18 million album units and 34 million tracks sold, with over 4 billion digital streams. The trio recently earned the biggest first week streams of their career with their critically acclaimed #1 album "Ocean" (BMLG Records). Representing a new chapter for Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott and Dave Haywood, the 13-track project "echoes their earliest work" (CMT) and features the Top 5 and climbing lead single "What If I Never Get Over You." Known for their 9x platinum hit "Need You Now," which is the highest certified song by a country group, they have earned ACM and CMA "Vocal Group of the Year" trophies three years in a row and countless other honors, including seven Grammy Awards, Billboard Music Awards, People's Choice Awards, Teen Choice Awards and a Tony Award nod. For more information on new music, visit ladyantebellum.com.
· ABOUT JOHN LEGEND: Legend, an EGOT-winning, critically acclaimed multiplatinum singer-songwriter, has garnered 11 Grammy Awards, an Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Tony Award and Emmy Award, among others. He is the first African-American male to earn an EGOT and one of only 15 people in the prestigious club. Legend is now the first person to ever hold the title of VEGOT after his first win on Season 16 of "The Voice" coaching his artist, Maelyn Jarmon. Legend has released six albums over the course of his career - "Get Lifted" (2004), "Once Again" (2006), "Evolver" (2008), "Love in the Future" (2013), "Darkness and Light" (2016) and "A Legendary Christmas" (2018). Legend played the title role in NBC's 2018 special "Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert," for which he won an Emmy as a producer and was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie. Beyond his music career, Legend, along with partners Mike Jackson and Ty Stiklorius, is a principal in the Get Lifted Film Co., which executive produced IFC's sketch comedy show "Sherman's Showcase," the HBO documentaries "Southern Rites" and "United Skates," WGN America's series "Underground," Netflix series "Rhythm + Flow" and films that include "Southside With You" and "La La Land." An upcoming project includes David E. Talbert's holiday film "Jingle Jangle" that will be released on Netflix this year. As a philanthropist, Legend initiated the #FREEAMERICA campaign in 2015 to change the national conversation surrounding our country's criminal justice policies and to end mass incarceration.
· ABOUT BLAKE SHELTON: Shelton has a storied career laden with wins of his own. Shelton earned his latest honors in November when he was named Favorite Country Artist by the People's Choice Awards and won Single of the Year at the CMA Awards for his song "God's Country." At the 2020 Grammy Awards, Shelton was nominated for Best Country Solo Performance for "God's Country." He is a 20-time ACM nominee and has taken home five CMA Male Vocalist of the Year trophies. His album "Texoma Shore" was his sixth record to debut at #1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart and marked his 11th all-genre Top 10. Shelton's recently released singles include "Nobody but You," a duet with Gwen Stefani, "Hell Right," ft. Trace Adkins, and "God's Country", which is his 26th #1 song, a streak that began in 2001 with "Austin" from his debut album. Shelton was born, raised and lives in Oklahoma, where he has strong community ties. In response to the devastating tornadoes of 2013, Shelton and NBC teamed up on the telethon "Healing in the Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert." With the help of Reba, Usher, Rascal Flatts, Vince Gill and Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic among others, the telethon raised more than $6 million for United Way of Central Oklahoma. He has donated $500,000 to the Jimmy Everest Center, an Oklahoma University hospital for children with blood cancer and blood disorders. In association with Ryman Hospitality, Shelton has opened a string of entertainment-themed restaurants and bars called Ole Red. The first venue opened in 2017 in his hometown of Tishomingo, Okla. He now has venues in Nashville and Gatlinburg, Tenn., and another opening in Orlando, Fla., this spring.
· ABOUT GWEN STEFANI: A three-time GRAMMY Award winner, Gwen Stefani has achieved global success as a performer, songwriter, frontwoman for iconic rock band No Doubt, and multi-platinum solo artist. To date, she's sold more than 50 million units worldwide, including her four-times-platinum debut solo album Love.Angel.Music.Baby. - a 2004 release featuring the Pharrell Williams-produced No. 1 hit "Hollaback Girl." Her 2006 sophomore album, "The Sweet Escape," featured the Billboard Hot 100 top-ten smash "Wind It Up," and her third solo effort, "This Is What The Truth Feels Like," debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200. Stefani released her first every holiday album, "You Make It Feel Like Christmas," on Interscope Records in the fall of 2017. In 2014, Stefani channeled her tremendous musical passion into empowering young singers as their coach on the seventh season of NBC's musical competition series "The Voice." In the fall of 2019 Stefani returned for her fourth season as a coach on "The Voice," with the 17th season of the four-time Emmy Award-winning show. One of pop culture's most magnetic style icons, Gwen Stefani has also emerged as the first global celebrity artist to translate music stardom into a series of massively successful lifestyle brands. Through her fashion line L.A.M.B., its sister label Harajuku Lovers, and her eyewear line gx by Gwen Stefani, the designer and entrepreneur has brilliantly merged modern glamour with fashion-forward streetwear.
· This season, "The Voice" is averaging a 1.8 rating in adults 18-49 and 10.4 million viewers overall in "live plus seven day" Nielsens, with the current cycle's premiere growing to a 3.8 in 18-49 and 14.9 million viewers with digital and linear delayed viewing to date. "The Voice" is a top-15 primetime entertainment show this season in both 18-49 and total viewers, and is the #2 most-watched alternative series on television. It's also a powerful presence on social platforms -- season to date through the end of the first quarter, "The Voice" has accumulated the #1 most content responses across the "big four" social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram) among all broadcast alternative series (21.3 million, Source: ListenFirst Media, LF // TV UNIVERSE // EPISODIC, 9/23/19-3/31/20, Content Responses, Brand Type: TV Shows, Broadcast, Primetime, Reality).
· "The Voice" is a presentation of MGM Television, Warner Horizon Unscripted & Alternative Television and ITV Studios The Voice USA, Inc. The series was created by John de Mol, who serves as an executive producer along with Mark Burnett, Audrey Morrissey, Amanda Zucker, Kyra Thompson and Adam H. Sher.