AMAZON PRIME VIDEO ANNOUNCES A VIRTUAL "PRIDE INSIDE" FESTIVAL TO CELEBRATE AND COMMEMORATE PRIDE MONTH
Virtual Festival Includes Curated Experiences from World-Renowned Singers Betty Who, Vincint, The Aces, and Greyson Chance, Famed Creative Director Parris Goebel and Choreographer Ryan Heffington, 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Alums including Manila Luzon, Heidi N Closet,
Monique Heart, plus Lady Bunny, and Much More - All At: PrimeVideoPrideInside.com
The 'Pride Inside' Festival Will Support
The Black AIDS Institute and
the National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network
CULVER CITY, Calif. - June 24, 2020 - Amazon Prime Video will host a new global, virtual Pride Festival, "Pride Inside," celebrating the LGBTQIA+ community and their allies. "Pride Inside" will take place June 27 and 28 at PrimeVideoPrideInside.com
The festival will include musical performances by renowned artists Betty Who, Vincint, The Aces and Greyson Chance; celebrity creative director and choreographer Parris Goebel (Savage X Fenty Show) and choreographer Ryan Heffington (Transparent: Musicale Finale) teaching exclusive dance routines; and 16 drag queens from RuPaul's Drag Race, including Manila Luzon, Monique Heart, Heidi N Closet, Raja and Gia Gunn, as well as the iconic Lady Bunny, will perform on the main stage, teach makeup tutorials, and contribute to round-table conversations (with a little shade thrown in).
Amazon Studios and Prime Video will also be donating to the Black AIDS Institute and the National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network charities on behalf of "Pride Inside," giving each a platform to share more information about their mission in the virtual experience and raise awareness for their causes.
The "Pride Inside" festival is an innovative, 360° environment. Users will create a profile at PrimeVideoPrideInside.com that will allow them to invite up to 9 friends to explore the festival together via peer-to-peer video. The virtual festival will be available globally with a maximum capacity of 2 million users.
Once you enter the festival experience, in addition to musical performances and dance classes, attendees will be able to visit a series of interactive spaces including:
CELEBRATE AND VIEW:
· Sashay into Pride with Drag Queen Superstars! Sixteen of the most popular Drag Queens from RuPaul's Drag Race grace the "Pride Inside" Main Stage.
· Drag Superstars Manila Luzon, Monique Heart, Trinity the Tuck, and Lady Bunny lead four different main stage, all-star dish sessions on Pride, today's climate and everything in between in "Tea with the Queens."
· Be amazed at the talent and creativity of living room sing-alongs by RuPaul's Drag Race alums including Raja, Valentina, and Heidi N Closet.
· Visit the Glamazon Salon to learn beauty tricks and tips. Whether it's brows by Heidi N Closet, Lady Bunny's hilarious hardware store makeup shopping list parody, or a full tutorial from your favorite brand or influencer, you're sure to be entertained and educated.
· Stop by the Theater to enjoy content that celebrates the LGBTQIA+ community including scenes of Prime Video's award-winning series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and the Transparent: Musicale Finale, as well as Amazon Music's brand-new mini-doc titled Love Me Like You Should: The Brave and Bold Sylvester, which highlights the trailblazing queer disco icon featuring interviews with Billy Porter, Martha Wash, and more.
· Escape the stress of the world for a moment and take a virtual load off in the Audible Sound Bath Studio. In this sound bath experience you will learn to harness the power of peaceful sounds and quiet guidance to help calm your mind and relax your body.
ENJOY AND CREATE:
· Select your own virtual Pride float and enjoy the floating parade with your friends.
· Visit the True Colors Shop to custom design your free "Pride Inside" T-shirt.
· Design your own virtual flag or create one in real life with a DIY tutorial.
LISTEN AND LEARN:
· Listen and learn during LGBTQ&A Podcast Live! This unique "Pride Inside" edition will have host Jeffrey Masters in conversations with the leaders of the Black AIDS Institute and National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network, plus talent from Amazon Original shows available on Prime Video, including Alexandra Billings (Transparent), Trace Lysette (Transparent), Shakina Nayfack (Transparent), and Jonny Cota (Making the Cut).
· Learn more about the Black AIDS Institute and the National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network charities and their important mission, including how you can either support them, or reach out to them with needs.
More information, including RSVP details, can be found at PrimeVideoPrideInside.com
Amazon salutes the creativity, spirit, and strength of our LGBTQIA+ community and allies. In addition to the "Pride Inside" festival, Amazon will be celebrating across various teams with the below activities and content:
Amazon Music has launched the Pride History skill for Alexa. Each day customers can ask to hear a new story from queer history paired with a song to soundtrack the moment. Narrated by Melissa Etheridge, Tegan and Sara, and Kim Petras, the feature was developed with Matthew Riemer, co-creator of the @lgbt_history Instagram account and co-author of We are Everywhere.
Ask Alexa for facts related to LGBTQIA+ Pride with the Glamazon Pride Facts Skill. The facts used in this skill are brought to you in collaboration with various organizations including the Human Rights Campaign & the LGBTQ+ Victory Institute. Just say "Alexa, open Glamazon" to get started.
You can find a collection of movies and series at https://www.amazon.com/PrideCollection that celebrates LGBTQIA+ history, stories, and actors on Prime Video . These include Amazon Originals such as Homecoming: Season 2 starring Janelle Monáe, Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning series Transparent, plus movies, series, and documentaries like Rocketman, The Watermelon Woman, Happy Birthday, Marsha!, Transmilitary, Major! and Seasons 1-5 of RuPaul's Drag Race. Stream on Fire TV, Fire Tablet, or other devices where Prime Video is available.
Finally, to kick off Pride season, Amazon Music relaunched the PROUD Playlist, Amazon Music's global playlist that spotlights new music from LGBTQIA+ + artists. The playlist will also feature brand-new Amazon Original tracks from LGBTQIA+ artists throughout the month of June - including a brand-new cover of "Mr. Brightside" from popstar Hayley Kiyoko - and will live beyond Pride Month to celebrate this community of artists throughout the year.
About the Charities
Black AIDS Institute: Founded in May of 1999, the Black AIDS Institute (BAI) is the premier uniquely and unapologetically Black think and do tank in America powered by two decades of work to end the Black HIV epidemic and led by people who represent the issues we serve. BAI sources our capacity building, mobilization, policy, and advocacy efforts from Black leaders and communities across the country and provide high quality direct HIV services and linkage to care to Black people.
For more information: https://blackaids.org/
National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network: National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network (NQTTCN) is a healing justice organization committed to transforming mental health for queer and trans people of color (QTPoC). We work at the intersection of movements for social justice and the field of mental health to integrate healing justice into both of these spaces. Our overall goal is to increase access to healing justice resources for QTPoC.
For more information: https://www.nqttcn.com/
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of digital videos - all available to watch on practically any device.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch tons of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think Emmy Award winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, Troop Zero, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, The Boys, Homecoming, Thursday Night Football and licensed and self-published content. Prime Video is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, NBA League Pass and MLB.tv - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart tv. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast free shipping on millions of items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign-up or start a free trial of Amazon Prime visit: amazon.com/prime.