OXYGEN'S "LICENSE TO KILL" HOSTED BY DR. TERRY DUBROW RETURNS FOR SEASON TWO ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 8 AT 6PM ET/PT
· Oxygen, the destination for high-quality crime programming, kicks off a jaw-dropping second season of "License to Kill" on Saturday, August 8 at 6PM ET/PT.
· World-renowned plastic surgeon and certified expert for the California Medical Board, Dr. Terry Dubrow ("Botched") returns as host and executive producer to guide viewers through shocking stories of crimes made by medical professionals.
· Each one-hour episode is told from the perspective of victims, families, colleagues, and law enforcement, and exposes what happens when the hands that should heal are used to cause harm on vulnerable patients seeking medical attention.
· The premiere episode follows Dr. Anthony Pignataro, a New York-based plastic surgeon who gained notoriety for inventing a "snap-on" hairpiece. After falsifying credentials and harming patients during routine cosmetic surgeries, investigators uncovered dark secrets surrounding the criminal doctor.
· Trailer: https://www.oxygen.com/license-to-kill/season-2/videos/license-to-kill-with-terry-dubrow-returns-august-8th
Coming up this season:
· The 12-episode season chronicles harrowing tales including a Las Vegas man who posed as a natural doctor performing invasive medical procedures in highly unsanitary conditions; a doctor who over-prescribed opioids to unsuspecting college-aged men; an incompetent cosmetic surgeon who preyed on a disenfranchised community; a pharmacist who diluted his cancer patient's chemotherapy treatments; and a pain management specialist who aided in the opioid addiction of an entire town.
· This season, Dr. Dubrow uses his medical expertise to take viewers into the minds of each distinctive killer, while investigating the reasons behind their heinous crimes. Whether they were money-hungry, ego-driven, or a criminal who conned their way into the medical field, these killers lost sight of their Hippocratic Oath and used their practice for evil.
· The series recounts how authorities stopped these medical professionals' malpractice to seek justice for the victims that were harmed or put in jeopardy.
"License to Kill" is produced by Shed Media with Dan Peirson, Adam Kassen, and Terry Dubrow serving as executive producers.
Oxygen is a multiplatform crime destination brand for women. Having announced the full-time shift to true crime programming in 2017, Oxygen remains one of the fastest growing cable entertainment networks with popular unscripted original programming that includes the flagship "Snapped" franchise, "Cold Justice," "Killer Couples," "Criminal Confessions," and breakout hit event series such as "The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway," "Dahmer on Dahmer: A Killer Speaks," and "Aaron Hernandez Uncovered." Available in more than 77 million homes, Oxygen is a network of NBCUniversal Entertainment & Lifestyle Group, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. Watch Oxygen anywhere: On Demand, online, or across mobile and connected TVs.