AMAZON PRIME VIDEO ANNOUNCES FOUR COMIC-CON@HOME PANELS, DEBUTING THURSDAY, JULY 23RD, INCLUDING NEW AND RETURNING, FAN-FAVORITE SERIES THE BOYS, UPLOAD, TRUTH SEEKERS AND UTOPIA
Special Appearances By More Than 30 Cast & Crew, Including Seth Rogen, Eric Kripke, Aisha Tyler, Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, Karen Fukuhara, Greg Daniels, Robbie Amell, Andy Allo, Gillian Flynn, John Cusack, Rainn Wilson, Sasha Lane, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost & Many More
Fans Craving Free Additional Convention-Themed Content From Amazon's Portfolio of Entertainment Brands Are Invited to Join the First-Ever Amazon Virtual-Con, Featuring Panels From Their Favorite Amazon Original Series, Live Artist Drawing Sessions and Creator Interviews, and Much More - All At: amazon.com/virtualcon
CULVER CITY, Calif. - July 8, 2020 - Amazon Prime Video today announced four Comic-Con@Home panels for returning, fan-favorite and exciting, new series The Boys, Upload, Truth Seekers and Utopia. Highlighted by breaking news, special previews, fun behind-the-scenes stories, and fan Q&A, the panels feature more than 30 Amazon Original series cast, creators and crew and will stream on SDCC's official YouTube channel and on the Amazon Virtual-Con portal beginning at 12:00 p.m. PST on Thursday, July 23rd.
Additionally, as an official sponsor of Comic-Con@Home, Amazon Prime Video will be launching the first-ever Amazon Virtual-Con, an exciting, new virtual convention content hub. Amazon Virtual-Con draws inspiration from the pop-culture convention by creating a single destination for fans to access and engage with Amazon's full range of Comic-Con activations. Fans can gather as a community to share in the experience of seeing their favorite stars, learn how to draw some of their favorite comic book characters from the industry's leading illustrators, and test their comic book movie knowledge with like-minded fans in a round of trivia... all from the comfort of their homes.
In addition to panels for The Boys, Upload, Truth Seekers, and Utopia, Amazon Virtual-Con will feature a robust offering of convention-themed content and activations from Amazon's portfolio of entertainment brands, including Prime Video, IMDb, Twitch, comiXology, Audible, and Fire TV. Amazon Virtual-Con will be available free of charge to all fans in front of the Prime Video paywall from Thursday, July 23rd - Sunday, July 26th and at amazon.com/virtualcon.
AMAZON PRIME VIDEO COMIC-CON@HOME PANELS:
*All times listed below are the official Comic-Con@Home panel times. These panels will also be available for fans to view through the Amazon Virtual-Con portal at the same time they are streaming on Comic-Con@Home.
· SERIES: Truth Seekers
· ABOUT: A new original supernatural horror comedy by Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead), Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz), James Serafinowicz (Sick Note) and Nat Saunders (Sick Note). Join as they discuss the making of the hilarious eight-episode series about a team of part-time paranormal investigators, who team up to uncover and film ghost sightings across the UK, sharing their adventures on an online channel for all to see. Discussion and Q&A moderated by Empire Magazine's Chris Hewitt.
· WHEN: Thursday, July 23 at 12:00 p.m. PST
· SOCIAL: Instagram/Facebook: @AmazonPrimeVideo; Twitter: @PrimeVideo; #TruthSeekers
· SERIES: Utopia
· ABOUT: A twisted, eight-episode thriller about a group of young comic fans who discover the conspiracy in a graphic novel is real, and embark on a high-stakes adventure to save humanity from the end of the world. Join writer and executive producer Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl) and series stars John Cusack (High Fidelity), Rainn Wilson (The Office), Sasha Lane (American Honey), Ashleigh LaThrop (Fifty Shades Freed), Dan Byrd (Cougar Town), Desmin Borges (You're The Worst), Javon "Wanna" Walton (Euphoria), and Jessica Rothe (Happy Death Day) for a Q&A moderated by Entertainment Weekly's Christian Holub.
· WHEN: Thursday, July 23 at 1:00 p.m. PST
· SOCIAL: Instagram/Facebook: @AmazonPrimeVideo; Twitter: @PrimeVideo; #UtopiaTV
· SERIES: Upload
· ABOUT: Join creator, executive producer and director Greg Daniels (The Office, Parks and Recreation) and stars Robbie Amell (Code 8), Andy Allo (Pitch Perfect 3), Kevin Bigley (Undone), Allegra Edwards (New Girl), and Zainab Johnson (American Koko) as they discuss how they brought this futuristic comedy to life, share behind-the-scenes details from Season One, and tease what fans can expect in Season Two. The panel will be moderated by Engadget's Cherlynn Low. Upload Season One is a ten-episode, half-hour, sci-fi comedy that takes place in the near future, where people can be "Uploaded" into a virtual afterlife of their choice.
· WHEN: Thursday, July 23 at 2:00 p.m. PST
· SOCIAL: Instagram/Twitter/Facebook: @UploadOnPrime; #UploadTV
· SERIES: The Boys
· ABOUT: Join executive producer Eric Kripke, along with series stars Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, Antony Starr, Erin Moriarty, Jessie T. Usher, Laz Alonso, Chace Crawford, Tomer Capon, Karen Fukuhara and Aya Cash, with moderator Aisha Tyler, for a behind-the-scenes look at the upcoming second season of The Boys. Executive producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg will also make a special appearance. Based on The New York Times best-selling comic by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson, The Boys is a fun and irreverent take on what happens when superheroes - who are as popular as celebrities - abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good. The even more intense, more insane Season Two finds The Boys on the run from the law, hunted by the Supes, and desperately trying to regroup and fight back against Vought.
· WHEN: Thursday, July 23 at 3:00 p.m. PST
· SOCIAL: Instagram/Twitter/Facebook: @TheBoysTV; #TheBoys
AMAZON VIRTUAL-CON PARTNERS & PROGRAMMING:
ComiXology's Comic-Con@Home Panel, Plus Live Artist Drawing Sessions, Creator Interview Series, and Comic Book Movie Trivia Night
· ABOUT: Are you currently reading digital comics? Are you familiar with comiXology's exclusive digital content program - comiXology Originals? Join comiXology's Head of Content, Chip Mosher and a cast of beloved comic creators and rising-stars including, writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Jason Loo (Afterlift), artist Claudia Aguirre (Lost on Planet Earth), writer Curt Pires (YOUTH), along with some surprise guests, to get the scoop on the latest comiXology Originals series direct from the creators making them! They'll intrigue you with behind-the-scenes stories about the process of bringing comics from concept to the page and what it's like pushing the envelope with digital comics, and beyond.
· WHEN: Saturday, July 25 at 3:00pm PST (Comic-Con@Home panel)
· SOCIAL: Twitch/Instagram/Twitter/Facebook: @comixology
· For the superfan seeking even more comic book content, comiXology's own Kiwi will host live drawing sessions on comiXology's Twitch channel with some of the industry's most renowned illustrators, including GLAAD Media Award winning illustrator Tula Lotay and three-time New York Times best-selling British artist Jock. In addition to drawing sessions, Kiwi will also host an interview series with creators from comiXology's Originals line of exclusive digital content, including Curt Pires & Dee Cunniffe (YOUTH) and the creators behind two yet to be announced original graphic novels. And if all that isn't enough, comiXology and Eisner Award winner Chip Zdarsky will host Comic Book Movie Trivia Night on Friday, July 24 at 5:00p.m. PST on their Twitch channel. For the schedule of live drawing sessions and creator interviews, please continue to check amazon.com/virtualcon for updates.
Summer Game Fest is Better on Twitch
· ABOUT: Amazon Virtual-Con brings fans select programming from Twitch's on-going Summer Game Fest, the biggest gaming event of the year. Twitch's Summer Game Fest is the only place where you can witness the future of gaming and join the conversation live with the largest gaming community on the planet.
· WHERE: https://www.twitch.tv/twitchgaming and amazon.com/virtualcon
· SOCIAL: Instagram/Twitter: @Twitch
Prime Video's The Boys Customizable Promo Item
· ABOUT: Bringing to life one of the most beloved convention experiences, Amazon Virtual-Con will give fans the opportunity to create their own customizable promo items free of charge. Attendees of Amazon Virtual-Con can chose between two promo items, then customize the design using a variety of preset images inspired by the Amazon Original series, The Boys. Each customized item will ship to guests, free of charge, 10 - 15 days following the event.
· SOCIAL: Instagram/Twitter/Facebook: @TheBoysTV; #TheBoys
Prime Video's HANNA Unlocked Adventure Game
· ABOUT: HANNA Unlocked is a digital adventure game presented by Amazon Prime Video and powered by The Escape Game. The game will be available to play for free through Amazon Virtual-Con. HANNA Unlocked drops players into the HANNA universe between the end of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2. Players will take on the role of a UTRAX agent and must piece together a sequence of events, gather intel, and ultimately track the whereabouts of their targets, Hanna and Clara, all while receiving communication from top brass, agent John Carmichael, a leading character in Season 2. Once the mission is completed, players are then shown footage that takes them seamlessly into the beginning of season 2.
· SOCIAL: Instagram/Twitter/Facebook: @HannaOnPrime; #HannaTV
Audible's Sandman Experience
· ABOUT: To celebrate Audible's release of The Sandman, based on Neil Gaiman's iconic graphic novel, fans are invited to submit a description of a memorable dream at drawnfromthedreaming.com or via U.S. mobile phone at 515-SANDMAN (515-726-3626), a hotline narrated by creator Neil Gaiman, who serves as fans' guide through the Drawn from The Dreaming experience. Selected fan-submitted dreams will be illustrated by a top DC artist, possibly one of the original artists from the graphic novels. Dream drawings will be featured in an Instagram dream gallery, @DrawnFromTheDreaming, and fans will be tagged in their customized artwork. Everyone who submits a dream will be rewarded with an exclusive free audio episode from The Sandman, including a brief overview of the story so far, told by Neil Gaiman himself, only on Audible.
· WHEN: Now through Sunday, July 26
· SOCIAL: Instagram: @audible; Twitter: @audible_com; #drawnfromthedreaming
For more information about Amazon Virtual-Con, please visit amazon.com/virtualcon.
Amazon Prime Video Social Handles:
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of digital videos - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Homecoming, Hanna, Good Omens, Carnival Row, Donald Glover's Guava Island, exclusives, live sports including Thursday Night Football and licensed and self-published content available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
· Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 150+ channels in the US like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, NBA League Pass and MLB.tv - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV episodes, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
· Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, Chromecast, game consoles, Comcast X1 or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.