OXYGEN'S "BURIED IN THE BACKYARD" RETURNS FOR SEASON THREE ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, AT 8PM ET/PT
Series to Explore Special Themed Programming with "Buried in the Backyard," "Buried in the Woods," and "Buried in the House"
· "Buried in the Backyard" premieres on Thursday, September 3, at 8pm ET/PT for an exhilarating third season.
· Each stand-alone hour-long episode will explore a chilling police investigation in which a victim is found buried in the most unexpected place, from the initial jaw-dropping 911 call to detectives desperately looking for answers to ultimately get justice.
· Season Trailer: https://www.oxygen.com/buried-in-the-backyard/season-3/videos/buried-in-the-backyard-returns-on-september-3rd
Coming up this season:
· The shock of finding a loved one's deceased body is one thing, but what happens when the body is found buried in your own home, deep in your backyard, or in the woods by your house where the kids like to play?
· Through the eyes of the victim's family and friends, local law enforcement, and archival footage, the series will take viewers on a roller coaster of emotions describing the harrowing details of how a body could be found in a place so surprising that even the investigators are startled.
· In the premiere episode, "Blood in the Backyard," Bonnie Gamboa and her newborn inexplicably vanish from their California home. When blood is discovered in their backyard, a grieving father's world is flipped upside down and scrutinized. Investigators race against the clock to bring this mother and child home before it's too late, but in an astonishing twist, an unexpected suspect and a motive built around deception and lies leave investigators and family members stunned.
"Buried in the Backyard" is produced by Renegade 83, an Entertainment One company, with Jay Renfroe, David Garfinkle, Bob Kusbit and Carolyn B. Day serving as executive producers.
Oxygen is a multiplatform crime destination brand for women. Having announced the full-time shift to true crime programming in 2017, Oxygen remains one of the fastest growing cable entertainment networks with popular unscripted original programming that includes the flagship "Snapped" franchise, "Cold Justice," "Killer Couples," "Criminal Confessions," and breakout hit event series such as "The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway," "Dahmer on Dahmer: A Killer Speaks," and "Aaron Hernandez Uncovered." Available in more than 77 million homes, Oxygen is a network of NBCUniversal Entertainment & Lifestyle Group, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. Watch Oxygen anywhere: On Demand, online, or across mobile and connected TVs.