discovery+ TRUE CRIME HIGHLIGHTS
Weeks of February 15 and February 22
All dates are subject to change
discovery+, the newly launched global streaming service, brings together all of Discovery's brands and non-fiction content in one place to offer fans unlimited access to the largest collection of real-life entertainment in the world. Featuring a wide range of exclusive series across popular genres, discovery+ offers passion verticals for genre fans, from Animals to Paranormal, Food and Home. In the True Crime category alone, discovery+ contains an unprecedented 5,500 hours of the best mystery and suspense, boasting the largest library of true crime of any streaming service.
discovery+ TRUE CRIME PREMIERES
THE CHAMELEON KILLER
Special Available to Stream on Friday, February 19
Decades after first uncovering the bodies of a woman and young girl discarded in a barrel in 1985, detectives take viewers through a convoluted case that led to the capture of an evasive serial killer who crisscrossed the country and used multiple fake identities to evade justice. With intersecting investigations across state lines, this intense special reveals how ancestral DNA exposes the Chameleon Killer's true identity, and features never-before-seen interviews with his children and ex-wife who are forced to face the grim reality of who Terry Rasmussen really was.
THE LIST OF TEN
Special Available to Stream on Tuesday, February 23
In 2010, a probation officer conducts a routine check on 76-year-old Joseph Naso, in Reno, Nevada. During a search of Naso's home for probation violations, the officer finds a shocking cache of materials: thousands of pictures of women in hosiery, mannequins dressed in lingerie, and a journal recounting dozens of sexual assaults. But the most important piece of evidence found is Naso's "List of Ten," a handwritten list with ten cryptic entries of vague locations, but no names or dates. Investigators fear that they have stumbled upon a hidden serial killer and his list of victims completely by chance. Working against time, investigators have one year to decode the list before Naso goes free.
AMERICAN DETECTIVE WITH LT. JOE KENDA
New Episodes Available to Stream on Wednesdays
Lt. Joe Kenda, one of the toughest, most experienced homicide detectives in ID history, is back exclusively on discovery+ with an all-new series. Over the years, Kenda has heard about cases that defy logic and expose the depravity of human nature: investigations so confounding that the twists and turns feel more scripted in Hollywood than reality. In AMERICAN DETECTIVE, Kenda trades in his own case files to bring viewers astounding investigations from across the country, with each episode putting a different homicide detective at the forefront whose tireless efforts helped put a killer behind bars and bring justice for the victim. Kenda guides us through the nuances of each case and the dogged detective work featured in AMERICAN DETECTIVE, the riveting raconteur whose gruff voice and deadpan delivery keep us hanging on his every word.
· Black Water Begins Streaming on Wednesday, February 17 In Bensalem Pennsylvania, the body of a computer programmer is found submerged in the bathtub of his ransacked house. Detective Chris McMullin has his hands full processing the chaotic crime scene. Leads are scarce, until McMullin discovers a series of troubling voicemails. He soon finds himself in the midst of an interstate manhunt, chasing down a pair of reckless fugitives determined to evade the law by any means necessary.
· Lights Out Begins Streaming on Wednesday, February 24 An attack on an elderly couple during a home invasion leaves Phoenix police baffled. Detective Darren Burch is called on to the case, and after chasing a number of false leads, he learns of a missing piece of jewelry. Leads begin to pour in from across the country, and as he expands his search, he discovers a string of similar unsolved cases that might be connected. He soon finds himself hot on the trail of a predator with an insatiable appetite for violence.
SEE NO EVIL
New Episodes Available to Stream on Wednesdays
SEE NO EVIL reveals how the deadliest crimes are solved by the only witnesses that never lie and never forget: surveillance cameras. With more shocking CCTV footage than ever before, SEE NO EVIL proves there's nowhere killers can hide.
· New Episode Begins Streaming on Wednesday, February 17 The ambush of 22-year-old college student Richard Bailey leaves a community desperate for answers. With no forensic evidence left at the scene, detectives must turn to surveillance footage: can they use it to track down his killer?
· New Episode Begins Streaming on Wednesday, February 24 In Pierce County, Washington, a woman's bodyis found set beside a dead-end road. Detectives struggle to identify their victim, until cameras lead to a shocking discovery at the woman's home and put them on the trail of a killer.
EVIL LIVES HERE
New Episodes Available to Stream on Sundays
EVIL LIVES HERE explores the true, heart-stopping stories of people who shared a home and a life with a loved one who would become a killer. With exclusive interviews and never-before-told accounts of the years and critical moments leading up to these vicious acts, the series showcases the devastating and often undiscussed consequences on the people who have nurtured, loved and raised a murderer.
· My Son is Damaged Goods Begins Streaming on Sunday, February 21 When Jeanne Avsenew found the bullet with her own name written on it, she realized she couldn't deny the terrifying truth any longer - her own son, Peter, was planning to kill her. But Jeanne didn't know that she was just a part of Peter's deadly plans, or why she would be the only one he spared.
· I Don't Know Why He Spared Me Begins Streaming on Sunday, February 28 When Sharon Morris first moved out on her own, a chance encounter with Anthony Fiebiger led to love. Anthony was older and charming, but he also had a secret - an evil past that Sharon never suspected, even when some of the signs were right in front of her. Now, more than 30 years later, she still doesn't understand the sick urges that compelled him to commit his horrible crimes or why she didn't wind up like the other women.
New Episodes Available to Stream on Sundays
TALKING EVIL is the first-ever Evil Lives Here after-show hosted by Alexis Linkletter (Unraveled: Long Island Serial Killer). Linkletter interviews family members featured on the most recent episode of Evil Lives Here, and experts to share their opinions to gain a deeper understanding of the impact of murder and collateral damage of the crime. TALKING EVIL gives fans the opportunity to dive even deeper into a series that has become a true crime cornerstone.
· A Monster Came Along Begins Streaming on Sunday, February 21 Jeanne Avsenew tried to stop her psychopathic son. But people still blame her for his evil. Why do we judge mothers when their children become monsters? To find out, Alexis invites back past Evil Lives Here interview subject, Margaret Keller.
· How Did I Miss the Signs? Begins Streaming on Sunday, February 28 When Sharon Morris dated a man named Anthony Fiebiger, he told her he was a suspect in a woman's disappearance. But she stayed with him. His mother warned her that something was wrong with him. But she continued to miss the signs. Featuring exclusive recordings of Anthony, Alexis, along with past Evil Lives Here interviewee Vernetta Cockerham, investigate how Fiebiger fooled so many people.
NEW EPISODES AND FULL SEASON CATCH-UPS
WHERE MURDER LIES
Season 1 Available to Stream Beginning Tuesday, February 16
Everyone is hiding something. It may be a harmless secret, or it might be something far more serious: a terrible betrayal of trust or a shocking indiscretion. Some of these come out over time, while others stay hidden forever. But sometimes, an event is so horrific, so cataclysmic, that everyone's truths are laid bare. WHERE MURDER LIES gradually exposes murder investigations one truth after another, revealing the sinister underbelly beneath seemingly placid communities.
FEAR THY NEIGHBOR
Seven New Episodes Available to Stream Beginning Thursday, February 25
Do you really know who lives next door? FEAR THY NEIGHBOR tells the chilling tales of those with the misfortune to unwittingly take up residence within a stone's throw of a psycho - or even a killer.
FEAR THY ROOMMATE
Season 1 Available to Stream Beginning Friday, February 26
FEAR THY ROOMMATE takes viewers behind the closed doors of strangers, proving that you never really know what someone is like until you live with them. Each episode follows two people who take the blind leap of faith and decide to move in with a relative stranger. It seems like a great idea at first, but then small disagreements about dirty dishes and empty milk cartons bring out the worst in one another. Before long, they learn how quickly the festering animosity can morph into fear and loathing when nothing separates you but a few inches of drywall. The tension escalates until disagreements erupt into acts of violence, leaving an ominous warning: be careful who you live with.