MEDIA ALERT: "THE VOICE" ANNOUNCES SEASON 20 FINALE PERFORMANCES
· The stars align when mega-superstars Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, Snoop Dogg with DJ Battlecat, Gwen Stefani ft. Saweetie, Thomas Rhett, OneRepublic, Lauren Daigle, Ben Platt, and Kelsea Ballerini take the stage on NBC's four-time Emmy Award-winning musical competition series "The Voice" two-hour live season finale on Tuesday, May 25 (8-10 p.m. ET/PT).
· Coaches Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas and John Legend will perform with their final artists.
· One of the five finalists - Cam Anthony and Jordan Matthew Young from Team Blake, Kenzie Wheeler from Team Kelly, Victor Solomon from Team Legend, and Rachel Mac from Team Nick - will be crowned the winner on the live telecast.
· Blake Shelton will perform his Top 15 and climbing hit single "Minimum Wage" from his new album "Body Language," and in a new twist this season, the top five finalists will each perform two cover songs - a ballad that will be a special dedication and an up-tempo cover on Monday, May 24 (8-10 p.m. ET/PT).
· Global superstar Justin Bieber will perform a medley of his platinum hits "Peaches" and "Hold On." "Peaches" topped the charts at #1 on the Hot 100, Top 40 Airplay and Rhythmic Airplay charts. It's the latest single from Bieber's global #1 album "Justice," his eighth album to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200.
· Adam Levine returns to "The Voice" for its 10-year anniversary with Maroon 5 to perform their latest hit single, "Beautiful Mistakes," featuring Megan Thee Stallion. The song was #1 most added at Top 40 and Hot AC when it impacted radio and is currently #19 on HOT 100, #10 at Top 40, and #2 on Hot AC.
· Multiplatinum artist and season 20 Mega Mentor Snoop Dogg and DJ Battlecat will perform "Sittin on Blades" from his 18th studio album, "From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites."
· Gwen Stefani will perform her latest single, "Slow Clap," featuring the magnetic rap star Saweetie. The empowering track, Stefani's first single of 2021, is inspired by a mash-up of sounds with Saweetie's self-assured verses. "Slow Clap" follows the release of "Let Me Reintroduce Myself," which reached #1 on the iTunes chart upon its release in December.
· Award-winning singer/songwriter Thomas Rhett will perform his new single "Country Again" from his fifth studio double album, "Country Again: Side A."
· Grammy Award-nominated OneRepublic will perform their new hit single "Run." The track is from their upcoming album, "Human," to be released later this year. The album will also include previously released singles "Rescue Me," which has been certified RIAA Gold, "Somebody to Love," "Wanted," "Didn't I," and "Better Days," which combined have 1.75 billion global streams.
· Two-time Grammy Award winner Lauren Daigle will perform her new single "Hold On to Me." This will be the televised premiere of the song, which is her first new music since the release of her 2018 Grammy Award-winning album, "Look Up Child." Daigle currently holds the record for the longest-running #1 song on any weekly Billboard Hot Chart with her 4x platinum single, "You Say."
· Tony, Grammy and Emmy Award-winning actor and musician Ben Platt will perform his new single "Imagine," which already has over 5 million global streams to date.
· Grammy Award winner Kelsea Ballerini returns to "The Voice" after representing Team Kelly in the Battles to perform her latest hit single "Half of My Hometown," from her self-titled third album, "kelsea."
ABOUT JUSTIN BIEBER:
Global superstar Justin Bieber's certified-platinum smash hit "Peaches" tops the charts again this week, hitting #1 on both the Billboard Top 40 and Rhythmic Airplay charts. "Peaches" is the latest single from Justin's global #1 album Justice, his eighth album to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200. Bieber made history as the first male solo artist to debut at #1 on both the Billboard 200 album chart and Billboard Hot 100 singles chart with "Peaches." With over 75 billion career streams and over 70 million albums sold worldwide, Justin continues to reign as one of the biggest artists in the world. Bieber is the #1 artist on YouTube with over 60 million subscribers worldwide and is the #1 artist on Spotify global with over 75 million monthly listeners. Justice has garnered over five billion streams worldwide since its release in March. Tickets for Justin Bieber's Justice World Tour 2022 are on sale now via justinbiebermusic.com and ticketmaster.com.
ABOUT MAROON 5:
Maroon 5 stands out as not only one of pop music's most enduring artists, but also one of the 21st century's biggest acts. The band won over fans and critics alike with the hybrid rock/R&B sound they introduced on their debut album, Songs About Jane. To date, the universally renowned Los Angeles band have achieved three GRAMMY(R) Awards, over 75 million in album sales, 400 million singles worldwide, and gold and platinum certifications in more than 35 countries.
Maroon 5's most recent studio album, Red Pill Blues (222/ Interscope) featured the global hit single "Girls Like You," which reached #1 at Top 40, #1 at Adult Pop, and #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for seven consecutive weeks. The track accumulated over 1.2 billion Spotify streams and almost three billion YouTube/VEVO views, notably becoming the most-watched video on VEVO in 2018. The band's hit single "Memories" has also surpassed one billion Spotify streams and amassed over 700 million YouTube views. Maroon 5 has over 50 million monthly Spotify listeners and has played over 120 concerts in 30+ countries, selling over 6,750,000 tickets worldwide.
Set for release this summer, the band's new album, JORDI, will be executive produced by J Kash and features the band's latest hit single, "Beautiful Mistakes," featuring Megan Thee Stallion. "Beautiful Mistakes" was #1 most added at Top 40 and Hot AC when it impacted radio and is currently #19 on HOT 100, #10 at Top 40, and #2 on Hot AC. JORDI will also include the band's recent hits "Memories" and "Nobody's Love."
ABOUT SNOOP DOGG:
An entertainment icon, Snoop Dogg has reigned for nearly three decades as an unparalleled force who has raised the bar as an award-winning entertainer and globally recognized entrepreneur. Snoop defines entertainment history. He has released 19 studio albums, sold over 40 million albums worldwide, reached No. 1 countless times on Billboard charts internationally, and received 20 GRAMMY nominations.
Snoop has also appeared in numerous films, such as Dolemite Is My Name, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run, The Addams Family, Beach Bum, Starsky & Hutch, Soul Plane, and the Oscar(R)-winning drama Training Day, among others. He has also produced several films, including VICE's Reincarnated, Mac & Dean Go to High School, and Hood of Horror through his production company, Snoopadelic Films. He made his mark in television when he garnered an Emmy nomination as executive producer for the hit VH1 show Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner. Snoop was also the executive producer of the acclaimed Netflix show Coach Snoop, GGN: Double G News, MTV's Mary + Jane, and the TNT game show Joker's Wild, which he also hosted.
ABOUT GWEN STEFANI:
A three-time GRAMMY(R) Award winner, Gwen Stefani has achieved global success as a performer, songwriter, and frontwoman of No Doubt and as a multiplatinum solo artist, among other accomplishments. To date, she's sold more than 50 million units worldwide. Her 2015 solo album, This Is What the Truth Feels Like, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200. She also spent five seasons as a coach on the Emmy(R)-winning NBC series The Voice, where she led contestant Carter Rubin to be crowned the season 19 winner. "Slow Clap" builds on the momentum of "Let Me Reintroduce Myself," which reached #1 on the iTunes chart upon its release in December. In 2020, Stefani also had two #1 hits on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart with fiancé Blake Shelton, "Nobody But You" and "Happy Anywhere," and reissued her holiday album, You Make It Feel Like Christmas, with two new songs, including "Here This Christmas" co-written with Ryan Tedder. The classic warmth of "Slow Clap" sets the tone for what fans can expect from Stefani as she plans to release more music this year.
ABOUT THOMAS RHETT:
With a centered focus and renewed clarity, award-winning singer/songwriter Thomas Rhett began teasing songs as they were written on social media over the past year, receiving a frenzy of positive feedback from fans. With that, his fifth studio double album, Country Again: Side A (The Valory Music Co.) began to take shape. Gold-certified lead single "What's Your Country Song" marks Thomas Rhett's 17th career #1 single and 11th consecutive #1 - the longest active streak in the format. As "few singers have played a larger role in defining the sound of country music over the past half-dozen years" (Rolling Stone), Thomas Rhett's four previous studio albums have spawned nearly 10 billion total career streams while he's received two CMA Triple Play awards for penning three #1 songs within a 12-month period, adding to his collection of trophies from the Country Music Association, Academy of Country Music, Billboard Music Awards, CMT Music Awards, and more. "At the top of his musical game" (Winnipeg Free Press), the in-demand superstar will mark his return to the road with his The Center Point Road Tour, launching in August. For more information, visit www.thomasrhett.com.
GRAMMY-nominated OneRepublic is comprised of singer/songwriter and lead vocalist Ryan Tedder, guitarists Zach Filkins and Drew Brown, bassist and cellist Brent Kutzle, and drummer Eddie Fisher. The band released their debut set Dreaming Out Loud in 2007. The release included the multiplatinum-selling smash single "Apologize," which shattered digital sales and airplay records worldwide and received a GRAMMY Award nomination. The band's sophomore album, 2009's Waking Up, produced the hit singles "All the Right Moves," "Secrets," and "Good Life." The certified-platinum album Native followed in 2013, featuring the #1 hit and 45 million plus-selling single "Counting Stars," along with a worldwide tour. OneRepublic released Oh My My, their fourth full-length album, in 2016. During the spring of 2019, the band released "Start Again ft. Logic," a song featured on the soundtrack for the Netflix drama 13 Reasons Why, and "Connection," which was part of FCA's Summer of Jeep campaign. Most recently, OneRepublic released "Lose Somebody" with Kygo and "Wild Life," which appeared in Disney+'s original movie, Clouds. OneRepublic has amassed five billion streams on Spotify to date. OneRepublic's tracks "Run," "Rescue Me," "Somebody to Love," "Wanted," "Didn't I," and "Better Days" from their upcoming album, Human, are out now.
ABOUT LAUREN DAIGLE:
Since the release of her GRAMMY Award-winning, platinum-certified album Look Up Child, Lauren Daigle has reigned on the Billboard Charts. The album debuted at #3 on the Top 200 Albums chart, making Daigle the first female artist to simultaneously hit the Top 10 on both Billboard's Pop and Christian Billboard Album Charts. In addition, the GRAMMY Award-winning crossover hit "You Say" became the longest-running #1 song of any genre on the weekly Billboard Hot charts at an incredible 128 weeks and was recently certified 4x platinum by the RIAA. Daigle has earned seven Billboard Music Awards, four American Music Awards, and ten GMA Dove Music Awards and has sold out concert venues all over the world.
ABOUT BEN PLATT:
Tony, GRAMMY, and Emmy Award winner Ben Platt has been seen most recently in the highly popular Netflix series by Ryan Murphy, The Politician - his performance in Season 1 earned him a Golden Globe nomination for Best Lead Actor in a Comedy Series. Coming off his widely acclaimed Finneas-produced single, "So Will I," Ben also released his highly anticipated solo concert Netflix special "Ben Platt: Live from Radio City Hall," along with a deluxe version of his album Sing to Me Instead last May. He's currently gearing up to release his second album with Atlantic Records this year. Additionally, it was announced that Ben will be starring with Beanie Feldstein in Merrily We Roll Along, directed by Richard Linklater. Ben recently wrapped Universal's adaptation of Dear Evan Hansen, reprising his Tony Award-winning role alongside Julianne Moore and Amy Adams, releasing on September 24, 2021. Additional film/TV credits include Pitch Perfect, Pitch Perfect 2, Ricki and the Flash, Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, Run This Town, and Will & Grace.
ABOUT KELSEA BALLERINI:
Kelsea Ballerini is recognized as one of the most influential women in country music today and has consistently made history since the start of her career. Following the release of her debut album, she became the only female country artist to hit #1 with the first three consecutive singles from a debut album. She has platinum and gold album certifications, along with a career total of eleven gold and platinum singles certifications, and has accumulated total streams exceeding three billion to date. Ballerini has garnered two GRAMMY(R) Award nominations, won two ACM Awards, and received multiple career nominations from the ACM Awards, American Music Awards, CMA Awards, CMT Awards, and People's Choice Awards. Most recently, she received a 2021 ACM Award nomination for Female Artist of the Year and was also welcomed as the Grand Ole Opry's youngest current member.
Kelsea released two acclaimed albums in lockdown last year. In March of 2020, she debuted her self-titled third album, kelsea (Black River Entertainment). Her most personal effort to date, the album was met with critical praise, including from NPR, which opined, "Kelsea Ballerini is definitely one of the most influential women in country right now . . . she's defining the sound of the genre." The debut single from the album, "homecoming queen?," which the New York Times deemed "excellent," was certified platinum, marking her fastest single to achieve this milestone yet. Her third single from the album, "hole in the bottle" recently reached Gold RIAA certification and earned Kelsea her sixth #1. Her latest single from the release, "half of my hometown" features a special guest vocal appearance from eight-time Entertainer of the Year and fellow East Tennessee songwriter/superstar Kenny Chesney. While under quarantine, Ballerini created the second half of that story, ballerini. On this album, she carefully deconstructed each song from the kelsea album and rerecorded everything with minimal accompaniment. Coproducing the release, Ballerini showed another side of herself with this reimagined take, highlighting the lyrical power of kelsea as she stripped all of the songs down to the bare essentials.