BRAVO'S NEWEST CULINARY COMPETITION "TOP CHEF AMATEURS" PREMIERES THURSDAY, JULY 1 AT 9 PM ET/PT
James Beard and Emmy Award-Winning Franchise Expands with All-New Series Hosted by Gail Simmons
· Bravo's "Top Chef Amateurs," hosted by Gail Simmons, premieres on Thursday, July 1 at 9PM ET/PT with two back-to-back episodes, immediately following the season finale of "Top Chef" in Portland.
· The network is set to air a special first look of "Top Chef Amateurs" on Thursday, May 27 at 9 PM ET/PT.
· Produced by Magical Elves, "Top Chef Amateurs" gives talented home cooks the opportunity of a lifetime to test their skills in the illustrious "Top Chef" kitchen.
· In each 30-minute episode, two amateur chefs will compete head-to-head in some of the most iconic challenges from the "Top Chef" archives including the mis-en-place race, blind taste test and they'll even try to break the curse of "Top Chef's" most dreaded dish - risotto.
· Putting their kitchen skills to the test are a wide variety of amateur chefs ranging from an ex-CIA agent to a dental hygienist-turned-food-blogger as well as an architect.
· The amateur chefs will be paired with different "Top Chef" finalists, frontrunners and fan-favorites who will cook alongside them and help the amateurs battle against the clock.
· The All-Stars will also rotate in as guest judges alongside Gail to decide each episode's winner.
· Unpacking their knives are alums Eric Adjepong, Richard Blais, Jennifer Carroll, Shirley Chung, Stephanie Cmar, Tiffany Derry, Joe Flamm, Gregory Gourdet, Melissa King, Kwame Onwuachi, Dale Talde and Isaac Toups.
· The winner of each episode will receive $5,000 furnished by season-long prizing sponsor Wells Fargo.
· "Top Chef Amateurs" is produced by the Emmy Award-winning production company Magical Elves with Casey Kriley, Jo Sharon, Doneen Arquines, Gayle Gawlowski, Zoe Jackson and Hillary Olsen serving as executive producers.
· For a sneak peek, visit: https://www.bravotv.com/top-chef-amateurs/videos/your-first-look-at-top-chef-amateurs
About Magical Elves
Magical Elves is a leading producer of award-winning, non-fiction content for domestic and international television markets. Known for hits like "Top Chef" (Bravo), "Nailed It!" (Netflix), "Sugar Rush" (Netflix), "Cold Justice" (Oxygen) and "Brain Games" reboot (Nat Geo), Magical Elves is a veteran production company with a long track record of consistently delivering the highest quality programming. Magical Elves is a part of The Tinopolis Group's portfolio of production companies. For more information, visit www.magicalelves.com.
About Bravo Media
Bravo is the premier lifestyle and entertainment brand that drives cultural conversation around its high-quality, interactive original content across all platforms. The network features a diverse slate of original programming, including Emmy Award-winning "Top Chef" and "Project Runway," fan-favorites "Vanderpump Rules," "Below Deck," "Southern Charm," and the highly popular "Million Dollar Listing" and "The Real Housewives" franchises. Bravo also boasts the only live late-night talk show on television with the critically acclaimed "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen," which has become a nightly destination for A-list celebrities. Bravo is part of the NBCUniversal Television and Streaming portfolio, which includes NBCU's broadcast, cable and streaming platforms: NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, Universal Kids, USA Network and Peacock. For more information, visit BravoTV.com.