discovery+ and ID HIGHLIGHTS - Weeks of August 16 and August 23
All dates are subject to change
discovery+, the newly launched global streaming service, brings together all of Discovery's brands and non-fiction content in one place to offer fans unlimited access to the largest collection of real-life entertainment in the world. Featuring a wide range of exclusive series across popular genres, discovery+ offers passion verticals for genre fans, from Animals to Paranormal, Food and Home. In the True Crime category alone, discovery+ contains an unprecedented 5,500 hours of the best mystery and suspense, boasting the largest library of true crime of any streaming service.
discovery+ TRUE CRIME PREMIERES
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Tuesdays
CITIZEN P. I. is a new investigative series that examines the phenomenon of amateur sleuths who have played major roles in cracking real unsolved cases. This series showcases the colorful personalities of people who fall down the rabbit hole in their effort to solve serious crimes. When a case goes cold, justice might seem like it's out of reach. But sometimes, one brave citizen can make a difference.
· I Will Find You Begins Streaming on Tuesday, August 17 In Shreveport, Louisiana, best friends Jeanie Phelps and Patty Thorington investigate the murder of Jeanie's beloved sister Carol Ann. After decades of searching, Carol Ann's remains are formally identified. Now the search for her killer begins - a search that has consumed both women for decades.
COLD BLOODED ALASKA
New Episodes Begin Streaming on discovery+ on Tuesdays
Within Alaska's wild and harsh landscape lurk some of the most dangerous criminals in America. The 10-episode true crime series COLD BLOODED ALASKA uncovers Alaska's most disturbing crimes and unpacks the extraordinary lengths law enforcement working in the Last Frontier must take to bring killers to justice.
· Cabin Fever Begins Streaming on Tuesday, August 24 In 1997 on Memorial Day, a couple's hopes of living the Alaskan dream in rugged Chulitna end abruptly in murder. Alaska State Troopers hunt the wilderness for the killer in a place where danger is always closer to home than one thinks.
CHILDREN OF THE CULT
All Five Episodes Available to Stream on Saturday, August 21
CHILDREN OF THE CULT tells the astonishing tale of one of the world's most notorious and prolific cults, The Children of God, through the stories of three British women who escaped its clutches. The series tracks the dramatic rise and fall of the cult alongside the unfolding criminal investigation to bring its members to justice.
CONCURRENT discovery+ AND ID PREMIERES
IN PURSUIT WITH JOHN WALSH
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ and Premiere on ID Wednesdays at 10/9c
ID and victims' rights advocate John Walsh are teaming once again to hunt down persons of interest and find missing children with IN PURSUIT WITH JOHN WALSH. John Walsh and his son, Callahan Walsh, introduce ID's active and engaged audience to unsolved violent crimes that urgently need to be closed. IN PURSUIT relies on leads from ID's viewers who may have seen something that would help authorities, with all calls and online tips vetted by experts and followed up on by the appropriate authorities, including local law enforcement, FBI, and the U.S. Marshals. In partnership with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC), the series also features two missing children each hour, providing age-progression photos when possible and descriptions in the hopes that viewers can provide new leads to their whereabouts.
· Terror in Texas Begins Streaming on Wednesday, August 18; Premieres on ID at 10/9c John hunts Erik Arceneaux, the prime suspect in the murder of a devoted single mom whose family needs justice. Later, Cal learns the dark truth behind Mark Blevins, an alleged sexual predator who has been on the run for over thirty years.
· Twisted Mysteries Begins Streaming on Wednesday, August 25; Premieres on ID at 10/9c John joins the hunt for Brian Ontiveros, who is alleged to have killed his ex-girlfriend in a fit of jealousy. Later, a woman's mysterious death has Cal join police in the search for Robert Kuehn, who's been in the wind since 2013.
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Thursdays and Premiere on ID Thursdays at 10/9c
Beloved former F.B.I. criminal profiler Candice DeLong explores some of history's most fascinating female killers in DEADLY WOMEN, touring the twisted minds of women who kill. Femme fatales, twisted sisters, desperate damsels: there's no shortage of these DEADLY WOMEN.
· Menage of Murder Begins Streaming on Thursday, August 19; Premieres on ID Thursday, August 26 at 10/9c Catherina Voss lives happily with her husband, Corey, and their two children. But when Corey was away on deployment, Cat took a lover, Michael Draven. She and Michael hatched a plot to murder Corey and live off of his life insurance and navy pension. Then, Grace Lusk found herself romantically involved with a married man. The love affair ends with blood on Grace's hands after she pulls a gun on her lover's wife. Finally, Angela Taylor had been married to millionaire farmer Bill Taylor for two decades, but Angela wanted a divorce so she could start a new life. When Bill refused to grant Angela a divorce, the wealthy landowner vanished.
· Clean Hands Dirty Deeds Begins Streaming on Thursday, August 26; Premieres on ID Thursday, September 2 at 10/9c Uloma Curry was frustrated that after eight years together, her boyfriend Will Walker hadn't proposed. She decided to force his hand into marriage, and later hatched a scheme to kill Will and collect his life insurance. Then, when Robyn Lindholm's boyfriend, George Teazis, was reformed after a spell in jail, she lost interest and convinced her new lover to make George disappear. Finally, Chansamorn Pokai met and married Richard Moore. But Chansamorn decided she preferred Richard's younger friend, Stephen Brockway. When Richard discovered the affair, Chansamorn wanted Richard out of the picture.
EVIL LIVES HERE
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ and Premiere on ID Sundays at 9/8c
EVIL LIVES HERE explores the true, heart-stopping stories of people who shared a home and a life with a loved one who would become a killer. With exclusive interviews and never-before-told accounts of the years and critical moments leading up to these vicious acts, the series showcases the devastating and often undiscussed consequences on the people who have nurtured, loved and raised a murderer
· He Was My Hero and A Monster Begins Streaming on Sunday, August 22; Premieres on ID at 9/8c As a child, Daniel Rolle idolizes his father, Donald, and thinks his family is happy, but when things start to go wrong, he begins to realize that his father's growing rage and unrelenting cruelty are causing everyone to suffer. After a childhood spent wrestling with the conflicting emotions of both loving and fearing his own father, when Donald's rage ultimately leads to murder, Daniel finds himself with his father's life in his own hands.
· I Want To Watch His Last Breath Begins Streaming on Sunday, August 29; Premieres on ID at 9/8c Cathy Mills is only a teenager when her fairytale marriage to Robert Walden turns into a nightmare. Still, it is not until she sees a police sketch of her husband that she realizes only she knows the true identity of the monster authorities are hunting.
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ and Premiere on ID Sundays at 10/9c
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN takes viewers on an exciting journey inside the most fascinating crime and mystery investigations. First person accounts, along with insight from experts are featured as each case reaches its dramatic conclusion.
· Terrifying Connections Begins Streaming on Sunday, August 22; Premieres on ID Sunday, August 29 at 10/9c When a 15-year-old boy vanished under mysterious circumstances police feared the worst. It appeared the case had terrifying connections to a serial killer who had left a trail of bloodshed across the region.
· What Happened to Sarah Begins Streaming on Sunday, August 29; Premieres on ID Sunday, September 12 at 10/9c A 14-year-old girl's mysterious runaway note raises difficult questions for police. Had she really left home on her own or had someone close to her pieced together writing from her journals to cover-up an unthinkable crime.
INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY PREMIERES
The programs below will premiere on Investigation Discovery as follows:
New Episodes Premiere Mondays at 10/9c
In a justice system that's not always so just, families can be tormented by the question of guilt or innocence of their convicted loved ones. REASONABLE DOUBT returns with all-new episodes profiling the gut-wrenching process of re-exploring murder cases where the perpetrators convicted of the crime maintain their innocence. Retired homicide detective Chris Anderson teams with criminal defense attorney Fatima Silva, to pore through evidence, interview witnesses and consult experts previously overlooked by police or barred by the court. At the end of each episode, the determined investigators evaluate their findings and either offer the convicted's family hope for an appeal, or clarity to accept the guilty verdict.
· Trapped in the Middle Premieres Monday, August 16 at 10/9c In 2007, Steven Chaban had two life-changing experiences; he got married to the love of his life, Dorota, and he was arrested for murdering her mother. Steven insists he had nothing to do with it, but the circumstantial evidence was working against him. Dorota has stood by his side all these years but she's starting to have doubts. She has called in Chris and Fatima to see whether her husband was wrongfully convicted of murder or if it's time to give up the fight.
· Hypnotized Premieres Monday, August 23 at 10/9c On November 14, 1995, Jose Arreola was killed in the parking lot outside his apartment. The murder had one key witness, Jose's girlfriend, Ofelia. But for months after the murder, she was shown lineup after lineup and could never pick out the killer. That is, until police hypnotized her and suddenly she was then sure she knew who did it - 15-year-old gang member Evaristo Salas. Chris and Fatima Have been called in by Evaristo's sisters, who are convinced he is the victim of a wrongful conviction.
A TIME TO KILL
New Episodes Premiere Mondays at 9/8c
The key to solving the toughest homicides lies somewhere in the final hours of a victim's life. In A TIME TO KILL, determined investigators must piece together events during this critical window to reconstruct the timeline, unlock the motive, and ultimately close in on the killer.
· Data Doesn't Lie Premieres Monday, August 16 at 9/8c A 911 call from a worried ex-boyfriend sends police to the Powder Springs, Georgia, home of Danielle Marshall. Once there, they find her shot dead in the kitchen. As the suspects multiply, it takes some police ingenuity to nab the killer.
· A Lady's Weapon Premieres Monday, August 23 at 9/8c Mary loves her 40-year marriage and her thriving chiropractic practice in Whitesboro, New York. Then, she falls ill at work and dies two days later. An autopsy points to poisoning, and a mysterious letter implicates someone close to her.
The programs below previously aired on discovery+ and will premiere on Investigation Discovery as follows:
WHERE MURDER LIES
New Episodes Premiere Wednesday at 9/8c
Everyone is hiding something. It may be a harmless secret, or it might be something far more serious: a terrible betrayal of trust or a shocking indiscretion. Some of these come out over time, while others stay hidden forever. But sometimes, an event is so horrific, so cataclysmic, that everyone's truths are laid bare. WHERE MURDER LIES gradually exposes murder investigations one truth after another, revealing the sinister underbelly beneath seemingly placid communities.
· Secrets Laid Bare Premieres Wednesday, August 18 at 9/8c
· No Hiding the Truth Premieres Wednesday, August 25 at 9/8c
AMERICAN DETECTIVE WITH LT. JOE KENDA
New Episodes Premiere Thursdays at 9/8c
Lt. Joe Kenda, one of the toughest, most experienced homicide detectives in ID history, is back exclusively on discovery+ with an all-new series. Over the years, Kenda has heard about cases that defy logic and expose the depravity of human nature: investigations so confounding that the twists and turns feel more scripted in Hollywood than reality. In AMERICAN DETECTIVE, Kenda trades in his own case files to bring viewers astounding investigations from across the country, with each episode putting a different homicide detective at the forefront whose tireless efforts helped put a killer behind bars and bring justice for the victim. Kenda guides us through the nuances of each case and the dogged detective work featured in AMERICAN DETECTIVE, the riveting raconteur whose gruff voice and deadpan delivery keep us hanging on his every word.
· Goodbye Horses Premieres Thursday, August 19 at 9/8c
· Face with No Name Premieres Thursday August 26 at 9/8c
# # #
Like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/discoveryplus
Follow us on Twitter @discoveryplus
Visit us online at discoveryplus.com