[11/12/21 - 08:00 AM] "Best Christmas Ever" Returns to AMC and AMC+ with a Month-Long Celebration of the Holidays Beginning November 29 This season's slate features over 55 titles and more than 575 hours of holiday programming in the days leading up to Christmas.
[via press release from AMC Networks]
"BEST CHRISTMAS EVER" RETURNS TO AMC AND AMC+ WITH A MONTH-LONG CELEBRATION OF THE HOLIDAYS BEGINNING NOVEMBER 29
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Star Beverly D'Angelo to Exclusively Host the Film Lineup
AMC is the Exclusive Cable Home in December to Holiday Favorites Including National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Polar Express, Four Christmases and Fred Claus
NEW YORK - November 12, 2021 - AMC and AMC+ are set to once again celebrate the holiday season with the return of "Best Christmas Ever," beginning November 29 running through December 25. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation star Beverly D'Angelo will host this year's "Best Christmas Ever," offering helpful tips based on the hard-learned experiences found in this year's film lineup. This season's slate features over 55 titles and more than 575 hours of holiday programming in the days leading up to Christmas with AMC being the exclusive broadcast cable home in December to holiday favorites such as National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Polar Express, Four Christmases and Fred Claus.
As previously announced, AMC+ will serve as the exclusive streaming home to the original film Silent Night, starring Kiera Knightly and directed by Camille Griffin marking her directorial debut, on December 3. Silent Night follows a group of old friends who - in true British fashion and while the rest of the world faces impending doom - reunite to celebrate Christmas in the comfort of an idyllic country home. In addition to Knightley, the film stars Matthew Goode, Roman Griffin Davis, Annabelle Wallis, Lily-Rose Depp, Ṣọpé Dìrísù, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Lucy Punch, Rufus Jones and Trudie Styler, among others.
For the full "Best Christmas Ever" lineup on AMC and AMC+, please click HERE. "Best Christmas Ever" programming highlights include:
· "Wonka Wonderland" on November 29 featuring back-to-back showings of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
· "Candy Coated Christmas" marathon on December 3 celebrating some of John Candy's greatest films, including Planes Trains & Automobiles, Summer Rental, The Great Outdoors and National Lampoon's Vacation.
· "Naughty List Marathon" on December 4 including National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Four Christmases, Fred Claus, Gremlins and A Dennis the Menace Christmas.
· Have "A Murray Christmas" with the Bill Murray holiday classics Scrooged, Caddyshack, Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II on December 11.
· "Holiday Hijinks Marathon" on December 18 featuring National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Fred Claus, Planes Trains & Automobiles, Gremlins, Snow Day, Scrooged, To Grandmother's House We Go and The Polar Express.
· "Best Christmas Ever" concludes with the "Christmas Blowout" from December 24 to December 25 with a packed lineup including National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, White Christmas, The Polar Express, Four Christmases, Fred Claus, Scrooged, Jack Frost (1998), Jack Frost (1979), Snow Day, Frosty's Winter Wonderland, Rudolph's Shiny New Year, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and The Year Without a Santa Claus.
Beverly D'Angelo, who was nominated for the Golden Globe for her role as "Patsy Cline" in A Coal Miner's Daughter, can next be seen opposite Sigourney Weaver and Kevin Klein in Amblin's upcoming feature film, The Good House, and as "Trilby" in CBS's reboot of True Lies which was played by Charleton Heston in the original film. Click HERE to download Beverly D'Angelo's headshot.
# # #
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy(R) Award for Outstanding Drama Series with Mad Men in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before Breaking Bad won it in 2013 and 2014. The network's series The Walking Dead is the highest-rated series in cable history. AMC's current original drama series are Better Call Saul, Dispatches from Elsewhere, Fear the Walking Dead, NOS4A2, Quiz, Soulmates, The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: World Beyond and the forthcoming series 61st Street, Kevin Can F Himself and Pantheon. AMC also explores authentic worlds and discussion with original shows like Talking Dead, AMC Visionaries and Ride with Norman Reedus. AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, SundanceTV, BBC America and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.
AMC+ is the company's new premium streaming bundle featuring an extensive lineup of popular and critically acclaimed original programming from AMC, BBC America, IFC, and SundanceTV and full access to targeted streaming services Shudder, Sundance Now and IFC Films Unlimited, which feature content such as A Discovery of Witches, Creepshow, Riviera and Boyhood. The service features a continually refreshed library of commercial-free content, including fan favorites Mad Men, Rectify, Orphan Black, Portlandia, Hell on Wheels, NOS4A2 and series from The Walking Dead Universe, among many others. The service also offers a growing slate of original and exclusive series including Gangs of London, The North Water, Kin, The Beast Must Die, Too Close, The Salisbury Poisonings, Cold Courage, Spy City, Ultra City Smiths, and forthcoming drama Ragdoll. AMC+ recently launched in Canada on Apple TV Channels and Amazon Prime Video Channels and is currently available in the U.S. through AMCPlus.com, the AMC+ app, and a number of digital and cable partners.
[11/23/21 - 10:35 AM] VH1 Delivers the Holiday Drag Event of the Season The network rings in the festivities Thursday, December 2 at 8:00/7:00c with the highly-anticipated "RuPaul's Drag Race" Season 14 cast "Ruveal" followed by special presentation of new Paramount+ original series "Queen of the Universe."