DIPLO, MÅNESKIN, MICKEY GUYTON, TYLER, THE CREATOR,
WALKER HAYES AND ZOE WEES
SET TO PERFORM AT THE '2021 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS'
Music's Hottest Night Airs Live Sunday, Nov. 21, at 8 p.m. EST/PST on ABC
ABC and MRC Live & Alternative today announced additional performers set to take the stage at the "2021 American Music Awards," the world's largest fan-voted awards show. With Cardi B in her hosting debut, the AMAs will air live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, Nov. 21, at 8:00 p.m. EST/PST on ABC and streaming next day on Hulu.
· Dance music titan and AMA winner Diplo will take on a special role and serve as the first-ever AMAs musical curator, DJing his iconic tunes throughout the night.
· Italian rock band and first-time AMA nominee Måneskin will make their U.S. awards show debut when they perform their billion+ streaming and global No. 1 hit "Beggin'" at the AMAs. The band could take home their first AMA trophy for Favorite Trending Song, a new category with nominees from TikTok based on the year's most viral songs.
· Country music star Mickey Guyton will take the stage for her AMAs debut with a can't-miss performance of her newest unifying single, "All American."
· Rapper, producer and songwriter Tyler, The Creator will perform at this year's AMAs following the release of his sixth studio album, "CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST," which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 Chart.
· Country singer and AMAs nominee Walker Hayes marks his AMAs debut with a performance of his smash song, "Fancy Like," which is nominated for Favorite Country Song.
· This year's new AMA Song of the Soul Moment will celebrate the power of music and the artists that use their voices to inspire change and enable progress, providing a global platform to highlight the impact of their music. The segment will honor 19-year-old German singer/songwriter Zoe Wees who uses her music as an outlet to shine a light on mental health topics. She will bring her powerful lyrics and voice to the AMAs as she performs the empowering "Girls Like Us."
Diplo, Måneskin, Guyton, Tyler, The Creator, Hayes and Wees join previously announced performers Bad Bunny, Tainy and Julieta Venegas, with the world premiere performance of "Lo Siento BB:/," BTS with Megan Thee Stallion for the world television premiere performance of "Butter," Olivia Rodrigo in her AMAs debut, Carrie Underwood with Jason Aldean, Kane Brown, New Edition and New Kids on the Block.
About the "2021 American Music Awards":
· As it approaches its semicentennial anniversary next year, the AMAs represents the top achievements in music, as determined by the fans. A vibrant night of nonstop music, the AMAs features a powerful lineup featuring first-time collaborations and exclusive world premiere performances from music's biggest names - from Pop to Rap to R&B to Country to Latin to K-Pop - and more, as well as memorable moments that live on in pop culture.
· As the world's largest fan-voted awards show, the AMAs will air globally across a footprint of linear and digital platforms in over 120 countries and territories.
· Voting is now open and this year, for the first time ever, fans can vote for all AMA categories, once per category per day, globally on TikTok by searching for "AMAs" in-app. You can also access the voting hub by clicking here.
· Voting closes today, Nov. 16, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
· Nominees are based on key fan interactions - as reflected on the Billboard charts - including streaming, album sales, song sales and radio airplay. These measurements are tracked by Billboard and its data partner MRC Data, and cover the time period Sept. 25, 2020, through Sept. 23, 2021. The American Music Awards winners are voted entirely by fans.
· The "2021 American Music Awards" is produced by MRC Live & Alternative and Jesse Collins Entertainment. For the latest American Music Awards news, exclusive content and more, be sure to follow the AMAs on social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube), online at theamas.com and ABC.com, and join the conversation by using the official hashtag for the show, #AMAs.
· The "2021 American Music Awards" is sponsored by Xfinity.
· Tickets are now on sale at www.axs.com
About ABC Entertainment
ABC Entertainment's compelling programming includes "Grey's Anatomy," the longest-running medical drama in primetime television; ratings juggernaut "The Bachelor" franchise; riveting dramas "Big Sky," "The Good Doctor," "A Million Little Things," "The Rookie," "Station 19" and the new female powerhouse series, "Queens"; trailblazing comedies "black-ish," "The Conners," "The Goldbergs," "Home Economics" and "The Wonder Years," ABC's strongest comedy debut in two years; the popular Summer Fun & Games programming block, including "The $100,000 Pyramid," "Holey Moley" and "Press Your Luck"; star-making sensation "American Idol"; reality phenomenon "Shark Tank"; family favorites "America's Funniest Home Videos," "Celebrity Family Feud," "Celebrity Wheel of Fortune," "The Chase," "Dancing with the Stars," "Supermarket Sweep" and "To Tell the Truth"; "General Hospital," which has aired for more than 55 years on the network; and late-night talk show "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"; as well as the critically acclaimed, Emmy(R) Award-winning "Live in Front of a Studio Audience" specials. The network also boasts some of television's most prestigious awards shows, including "The Oscars(R)," "The CMA Awards" and the "American Music Awards."
ABC programming can also be viewed on demand and on Hulu.
About MRC Live & Alternative
MRC Live & Alternative is the world's largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming with the "Academy of Country Music Awards," "American Music Awards," "Billboard Music Awards," "Golden Globe Awards," "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest" and the "Streamy Awards." MRC Live & Alternative owns one of the world's most extensive and unique entertainment archive libraries with more than 60 years of award-winning shows, historic programs, specials, performances and legendary programming. For more information, please visit www.mrcentertainment.com.