"Shatner in Space," a One-Hour Special Documenting William Shatner's Life-Changing Flight to Space, to Premiere December 15 on Prime Video
CULVER CITY, California - December 5, 2021 - Prime Video and William Shatner today announced that Shatner in Space, a one-hour special, will premiere on Prime Video on Wednesday, December 15 in the U.S., Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand, with additional territories launching in early 2022. The announcement was first made by Mr. Shatner during a virtual panel for CCXP Worlds, the virtual version of the world's largest fan convention in São Paulo, Brazil.
The special details the events before, during, and after Shatner's life-changing flight - which made him the oldest person to ever travel to the cosmos - and the growing friendship between the Star Trek icon and Blue Origin founder Jeff Bezos, whose dreams of space travel, like many, were inspired by the original Star Trek series.
"My time in space was the most profound experience I could have ever imagined," said Shatner. "This special documenting my journey gives a dramatic view of that experience, and my hope is that it inspires the world to see we must go to space to save Earth."
Shatner in Space is produced by Amazon Studios, Blue Origin, Film 45, Jason Ehrlich Productions, and Bright Spot Content.
Follow Prime Video:
Instagram and Facebook: @amazonprimevideo @FANologyPV
Twitter: @primevideo @FANologyPV
About Prime Video:
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports - all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films, including the newly released Cinderella, Emmy Award-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, limited series The Underground Railroad, and the films Sylvie's Love and Uncle Frank; the smash hits Coming 2 America, Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, The Tomorrow War, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Upload, and My Spy; as well as Emmy- and Golden Globe-winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Golden Globe-winner Small Axe, Academy Award-winner Sound of Metal, Golden Globe-winner and Academy Award-nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, and Academy Award-nominees One Night in Miami... and Time. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Ngin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME - no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or use the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle eBooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit amazon.com/prime.
About Blue Origin:
Blue Origin was founded by Jeff Bezos with the vision of enabling a future where millions of people are living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes that humanity will need to expand, explore, find new energy and material resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue is working on this today by developing partially and fully reusable launch vehicles that are safe, low cost and serve the needs of all civil, commercial and defense customers. Blue's efforts to fly astronauts to space on New Shepard, produce reusable liquid rocket engines, create a highly-reusable orbital launch vehicle with New Glenn and return Americans to the surface of the Moon will add new chapters to the history of spaceflight and move us closer to fulfilling that founding vision. For more information about Blue Origin, please visit BlueOrigin.com or follow on Twitter/Instagram @BlueOrigin.
About Film 45:
Film 45 is an Emmy Award-winning production company creating non-scripted entertainment including documentary, docuseries, live events, and branded content for film, television and digital platforms. Film 45 produces premium content with world-class execution across all genres.
About Bright Spot Content:
Bright Spot Content, an All3Media America company, is a full-service production company that creates, develops, and produces high quality, innovative and inspiring programming. Founded by 25-year industry veteran and former Discovery Studios Head, Sandy Varo Jarrell, Bright Spot is behind an impressive line-up of non-fiction shows across multiple genres including reality, lifestyle, adventure and competition.