2022 "VMAs" announce Kane Brown as Toyota Stage headliner with first-of-its-kind Mixed Reality activation from The Famous Group
Brown makes history as the first male country artist to perform on the show
· Global entertainer Kane Brown is set to make an epic "VMAs" debut from the Toyota Stage with a first-time TV performance of "Grand," the new single from his highly-anticipated third album Different Man, dropping September 9th.
· Brown continues to make "VMAs" history as the first male country artist to perform on the iconic show. Last year, he was the only country artist to receive a 2021 nomination ("Video for Good" for his emotionally charged single "Worldwide Beautiful").
· This marks Toyota's fourth year as exclusive sponsor of "VMAs" remote performances, continuing its tradition of partnering with MTV to activate innovative in-show moments, this year using cutting-edge Mixed Reality technology, powered by The Famous Group - the creative technology company behind high-profile mixed reality activations in the Super Bowl, MLB All-Star Game, and NFL Wild Card Slime Game on Nickelodeon.
· Fans will be treated on a musical journey from NYC to New Jersey in the stylish and versatile Toyota Corolla Cross with Kane Brown's hit "Be Like That" serving as the soundtrack for the trip, leading into his performance on the Toyota Stage.
· "Creating unforgettable cultural moments that weave our partners into the fabric of our award shows by leveraging innovation is Velocity's gold standard, and this year's remote performance at the VMAs will be no exception," said Dario Spina, CMO, Velocity, Paramount. "Toyota continues to be an incredible partner and we're excited for The Famous Group's creative excellence in mixed reality to help MTV send Kane Brown's historic performance into the stratosphere."
· "Toyota joins forces with the MTV VMAs for the fourth year in a row to bring a show-stopping remote performance to the Toyota Stage," said Jessamine Merrill, general manager, media and digital engagement, Toyota Motor North America. "This exclusive collaboration showcases the all-new Corolla Cross and a first-ever mixed reality technology, in partnership with The Famous Group, creating an added performance element to Kane Brown's exciting VMAs debut."
· "This creative partnership with Velocity marks a unique opportunity for our team," says Erik Beaumont, Head of Mixed Reality, The Famous Group. "We have a track record of creating dynamic experiences for teams and organizations primarily in the sports world. Now, we look forward to expanding into a new and exciting vertical - music. We are ecstatic to collaborate with MTV and Toyota to create a captivating activation at a world-renowned event."
Previously announced "VMAs" news:
· PERFORMERS + VANGUARD HONOREE: This year's must-see lineup also includes Anitta, J Balvin, Marshmello x Khalid and Panic! At The Disco. Global superstar Nicki Minaj will also perform live for the first time since 2018 and receive the prestigious Video Vanguard Award (more info here + here).
· NOMINATIONS: Jack Harlow, Kendrick Lamar, Lil Nas X (7), along with Doja Cat and Harry Styles (6) lead; Billie Eilish, Drake, Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and The Weeknd (5) closely follow. Full list here. Noms for social categories "Group of the Year" and "Song of Summer" to be announced next week.
· VOTING: Fans can vote for their favorites across 22 gender-neutral categories at vote.mtv.com through Friday, August 19th, thanks to Burger King(R). Voting for "Best New Artist," presented by EXTRA(R) Gum, remains active into show.
· PRESS CREDENTIALS: Applications available here, submission deadline Sunday, August 14.
· SPONSORS: Official sponsors of the 2022 "VMAs" include Burger King(R), Clearblue(R), DESCOVY(R), EXTRA(R) Gum, Instacart, Kraft Singles, Swiffer and Toyota Motor North America.
· CREDITS: Bruce Gillmer and Den of Thieves co-founder Jesse Ignjatovic are Executive Producers; Barb Bialkowski is Co-Executive Producer. Alicia Portugal and Jackie Barba serve as Executives in Charge of Production. Wendy Plaut is Executive in Charge of Celebrity Talent. Lisa Lauricella is Music Talent Executive.