[08/18/22 - 12:01 PM] Syfy's "Recipe for Disaster" Stunt Starts Thursday, Aug. 25 The six-night event features fan-favorite disaster movies leading into the cable premiere of Peacock's new series "The End Is Nye," which sees Bill Nye explore the most epic global disasters imaginable.
[via press release from Syfy]
MEDIA ALERT: SYFY'S 'RECIPE FOR DISASTER'
· SYFY presents "Recipe for Disaster," a six-night programming stunt featuring fan-favorite disaster movies leading into the cable premiere of Peacock's new series "The End Is Nye," which sees Bill Nye explore the most epic global disasters imaginable.
· All episodes of "The End Is Nye" will be available on Peacock starting Aug. 25. Episode loglines can be found here. For more information, visit PeacockTV.
Episode 101 - "Hydra Storm"
Five monstrous hurricanes attack Earth and drown the planet; Bill explores the anatomy of a storm to show the steps we can take to survive, slow down, and even prevent deadly hurricanes.
Episode 102 - "The Volcano Paradox"
The largest supervolcano eruption in modern history threatens to ignite the globe; Bill explores the origin of volcanos, how to survive their wrath, and even ways we can harness their boundless underground energy.
Episode 103 - "Forever Blackout"
A powerful solar flare from the Sun plunges civilization into darkness and chaos; Bill exposes the fragility of our electrical world, and investigates how we can better protect ourselves.
Episode 104 - "Midnight at Noon"
Rising temperatures and worsening drought spawn apocalyptic dust storms that endanger the world's food supply; Bill takes us back in time to the original Dust Bowl of the 1930s to demonstrate how we can avoid repeating this dark chapter of our history.
Episode 105 - "One Million Seconds"
Time runs out for humanity when a string of doomsday comets slam into Earth; Bill takes us to the outer-reaches of our solar system to reveal where comets formed billions of years ago, and shows us ways to detect and deflect them before disaster strikes.
Episode 106 - "Ring of Fire"
The mother of all disasters unleashes a torrent of earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanic eruptions all on the same day, wreaking havoc across five continents; Bill explains why Earth is so dangerous, and how those destructive forces also make life possible on our planet.
· The "Recipe for Disaster" stunt launches Thursday, Aug. 25 at 12 p.m. ET/PT with cult classic "Sharknado" movie marathon. A new episode of "The End Is Nye" will air each night of the event at 10 p.m. for all six days.
· You can watch a promo for SYFY's "Recipe for Disaster" event here:
· The full six-night SYFY event schedule can be found below:
[09/28/22 - 10:46 AM] Video: "Dangerous Liaisons" - Official Trailer - Starz "Dangerous Liaisons" is a bold prelude of Laclos' classic 18th century novel focusing on the origin story of how his iconic characters, the Marquise de Merteuil and the Vicomte de Valmont, met as passionate young lovers in Paris on the eve of the revolution.
[09/28/22 - 08:04 AM] EPIX Greenlights Infamous Amityville Murders Docuseries The project from B17 Entertainment and executive produced by Lesley Chilcott is the first elevated look at every aspect of this wildly layered story about the heinous murder of a family of six that became eclipsed by paranormal controversy.
[09/28/22 - 08:01 AM] Netflix's "The Recruit" - Official First Look Debut The series centers around Owen Hendricks (Noah Centineo), a young CIA lawyer whose first week on the job turns upside down when he discovers a threatening letter by former asset Max Meladze (Laura Haddock), who plans to expose the agency unless they exonerate her of a serious crime.