[11/30/22 - 12:12 PM] OWN to Debut Provocative New Unscripted Series "All the Single Ladies" on Friday, January 6 at 9PM ET/PT Each episode will feature four Black women of various ages and relationship statuses sitting down to explore a different topic.
[via press release from OWN]
OWN TO DEBUT PROVOCATIVE NEW UNSCRIPTED SERIES "ALL THE SINGLE LADIES" ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 6 AT 9PM ET/PT
Series will feature real conversations about intimacy, dating, love and sex from the lens of Black women from all walks of life
Los Angeles, CA - Next year, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network will debut its new unscripted series "All The Single Ladies," a provocative view of intimacy and dating in the modern world from the perspective of Black women across the nation. The series will debut on Friday, January 6 at 9pm ET/PT, with new episodes debuting every Friday night concurrently on both OWN and discovery+.
Each episode will feature four Black women of various ages and relationship statuses sitting down to explore a different topic. The conversations will sometimes be comedic and at other times will be heartbreaking, but they will always be real, authentic and heartfelt with the common goal of finding and wanting love. Episode topics below:
· "Side Chicks" - January 6 @ 9pm ET/PT - Imagine being pregnant and newly married, only to find out the father of your child has been cheating? Or realizing your long-term boyfriend lives a separate life with someone else? Or seeing on social media that your boyfriend has gotten his ex-wife pregnant? After learning their partners have been unfaithful, four women must make painful choices about their relationships.
· "The Swirl Life" - When a study abroad trip quickly turns into an interracial, international love affair, a TV reporter discovers that being color blind is no longer the goal. After blind dating online for five years with a man from a different race, a dietician finally meets her boyfriend. A Black woman from Compton dates a white man from Malibu. A writer in the coast guard lands her first kiss at 26, leading to a relationship that forces her to make hard decisions about her future.
· "Why Women Cheat" - We often hear about men cheating, but what about women? Four women share their personal journeys from commitment to infidelity and finally, to peace of mind.
· "Raised By Religion" - A teacher confronts her sexual identity, a stand-up comic tolerates an unfaithful husband and two preachers' daughters rebel against their upbringings. This episode follows four women's journeys as they break the rules, challenge their religious beliefs and search for true love.
· "Bad Boys" - Four women -- a massage therapist, a treatment counselor, a baker and a musician - talk about their past relationships with fast-talking charmers who turned out to be toxic. The women share their tough decisions in an episode that explores relationship illusions, the fear of being alone and personal self-worth.
· "What Just Happened?" - A nurse is blindsided by her husband's homosexuality, a court liaison reevaluates her long-term relationship with a cheating boyfriend, a writer's world is turned upside down when the man of her dreams becomes abusive, and an entrepreneur is ghosted by the man she loves. In this emotional episode, four women tell their stories of infatuation, heartbreak and rebirth.
· "Sexual Awakenings" - A comedian attempts to find love with a man before finally embracing her sexuality as a lesbian; a flight attendant finds her own sexual sweet spots after a sexless relationship with a preacher; a chef finds love after a Hot Girl Summer turns into an Auntie Spring; and a seasoned writer finds fulfillment through long-distance sexting.
· "Red Flags" - February 24 @ 9pm ET/PT - Through laughter and a few tears, an educator, a comedian, a business executive and a medical professional talk about their hard-earned lessons after ignoring the red flags in their previous relationships.
"All the Single Ladies" is produced by 44 Blue Productions, a North Road company, and Black Bar Mitzvah, with Stephanie Noonan Drachkovitch, David Hale, Adriane Hopper Williams, Paula Bryant-Ellis, Shukree Tilghman, Jay Ellis and Aaron Bergman as executive producers.
About OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand and the magnetism of the channel. OWN is a leading destination for premium scripted and unscripted programming from today's most innovative storytellers. OWN connects with its audience wherever they are, inspiring conversation among a global community of like-minded viewers on social media and beyond. Launched on January 1, 2011, OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Warner Bros. Discovery. The venture also includes award-winning digital platform Oprah.com. Access OWN anytime on http://WatchOWN.tv or across mobile devices and connected TVs.
[02/03/23 - 11:14 PM] Development Update: Friday, February 3 Updates include: "The Flash" taps trio to return for final season; Netflix's "Eric" rounds out cast; and Cliff Curtis is bound for Apple's "Chief of War."
[02/03/23 - 10:00 AM] HBO Original Documentary "Love to Love You, Donna Summer" Debuts May 2023 The film is an in-depth look at the iconic artist as she creates music that takes her from the avant-garde music scene in Germany, to the glitter and bright lights of dance clubs in New York, to worldwide acclaim, her voice and artistry becoming the defining soundtrack of an era.