Cartoon Network Charts Best-Ever February Ratings, Delivery Performance in Both Prime Time and Kids� Total Day Target Demos
Season-to-Date Kids 6-11 Delivery, Ratings Also Jump by Strong Double Digits
ADULT SWIM Scores Best February Adults 18-34, 18-24 Total Day Performance in Network History
Soaring in its monthly ratings and delivery performance for a fifth month in a row, Cartoon Network set new February ratings and delivery records across its target kids demos, according to Nielsen Media Research. Credit for the network�s across-the-board double-digit growth can be attributed to the combined performances of its signature programming franchises: FRIDAYS (7 p.m.-12 a.m.), the live-hosted, evening-long line-up of all-original series; TOONAMI (Saturday, 7-11 p.m.), a weekend presentation of high action-adventure programming for tweens 9-14; and MIGUZI (Monday-Friday, 5-7 p.m.), the weekday afternoon block of action programming for boys and girls 6-11. February performance highlights vs. the same time periods last year include the following:
Prime Time (Monday-Sunday, 8-11 p.m.)
- Cartoon Network ranked #1 in February delivery of kids 6-11 and kids 2-11 among all ad-supported cable networks.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (733,000) expanded by 27% and ratings (3.0) by 25% (best February ever).
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,153,000) improved by 21% and ratings (2.9) by 21% (best February ever).
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (509,000) increased by 21% and ratings (2.1) by 24% (best February ever).
Kids� Total Day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m. - 6 a.m., kids� programming)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (502,000) raced ahead by 27% and ratings (2.1) by 24% (best February ever).
- Kids 2-11 delivery (832,000) advanced by 21% and ratings (2.1) by 24% (best February ever).
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (333,000) surged by 24% and ratings (1.4) by 27% (best February ever).
FRIDAYS (Friday, 7 p.m.-12 a.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (921,000) climbed ahead by 35% and ratings (3.8) by 31%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,399,000) and ratings (3.5) both rose by 40%.
TOONAMI (Saturday, 7-11 p.m.)
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (604,000) catapulted by 50% and ratings (2.5) by 56%.
- Kids 6-11 delivery (635,000) jumped by 8% and ratings (2.6) by 4%.
MIGUZI (Monday-Friday, 5-7 p.m.�as of 1/24/05: Monday-Sunday, 5-7 p.m.)
- Kids 6-11 delivery (679,000) rose by 26% and ratings (2.8) by 22%.
- Kids 2-11 delivery (1,078,000) leaped by 27% and ratings (2.7) by 29%.
The outstanding monthly performance also capped overall 2004-05 season-to-date (Aug. 30, �04 to Feb. 27, �05) growth for the network�s primary kids 6-11 demo vs. last year. Kids total day delivery (477,000) grew by 25% and ratings (2.0) by 25%; prime time delivery (714,000) increased by 20% and ratings (2.9) by 16%.
Young adults 18-34 and 18-24 also set new February total day delivery and ratings records, thanks to the stellar performance of ADULT SWIM (Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.). Highlights vs. the same time period last year include the following:
ADULT SWIM (Monday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.)
- Ranked #1 in its time period on basic cable among adults 18-34, adults 18-24, men 18-34 and men 18-24.
- For the month, ADULT SWIM programs accounted for 11 of the top 50 ad-supported cable programs among adults 18-34.
- Adults 18-34 delivery (573,000) increased by 56% and ratings (0.9) by 50%.
- Adults 18-24 delivery (289,000) expanded by 55% and ratings (1.0) by 43%.
Cartoon Network, currently seen in 87.5 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s 24-hour, ad-supported cable service offering the best in animated entertainment.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 1/31/05-2/27/05
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Nielsen Media Research data. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 109,600,000 homes.