August Delivery, Ratings Grow Across All Target Demos at Cartoon Network
Kids 6-11 Prime Time and Total Day Performances Prove Best Monthly Average Year-to-Date
Cartoon Network charted across-the-board growth in both prime time and total day delivery and ratings this August compared to the same time period last year, according to preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research. Growth in kids 6-11 delivery and ratings, in particular, proved powerful enough to score as the network�s best monthly average delivery and ratings year to date. Additionally, Cartoon Network�s summer-long strategy of presenting brand new episodes of its original series every Monday-Saturday night at 7 p.m. propelled both prime time and total day success among kids demos vs. last year.
Highlights of Cartoon Network�s August �06 performance vs. the August �05 time period include the following:
PRIME TIME (Mon.-Thurs. 8-10:30 p.m., Fri.-Sat. 8-11 p.m., Sun. 8-10 p.m.) vs. the same time period last year
- Kids 6-11 delivery (713,000) increased by 14% and ratings (2.9) by 12%--best 2006 monthly average to date
- Kids 2-11 delivery (948,000) grew by 3% and ratings (2.4) by 4%
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (477,000) advanced by 7% and ratings (1.9) by 6%
TOTAL DAY (Mon.-Thurs. 6 a.m.-10:30 p.m., Fri. 6 a.m.-6 a.m., Sat. 6 a.m.-11 p.m., Sun. 6 a.m.-10 p.m.) vs. the same time period last year
- Kids 6-11 delivery (576,000) expanded by 11%, and ratings (2.4) by 14%--best 2006 monthly average to date
- Kids 2-11 delivery (802,000) improved by 2% and ratings (2.0) were unchanged
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (385,000) jumped by 6% and ratings (1.6) by 7%
Cartoon Network NEW EPISODE PREMIERES at 7 p.m., Premiere-to-Date (May 29-Aug. 27, 2006), vs. the same time period last year
- Kids 6-11 delivery (692,000) catapulted by 24% and ratings (2.9) by 26%
- Kids 2-11 delivery (959,000) and ratings (2.4) both increased by 9%
- Tweens 9-14 delivery (457,000) leapt by 25% and ratings (1.9) by 27%
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 89 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.�s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
RATING PERIOD: 7/31/06-8/27/06
SOURCE: Turner Entertainment Research from Preliminary Nielsen Media Research data, based on most current data available (Live+SD). Complete and final data (Live+7) will be available in two weeks. These television ratings data are reproduced here with permission from Nielsen Media Research. Reproduction of these data in volume, without permission from Nielsen Media Research, is prohibited.
NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 110,200,000 homes.