AMC Delivers Strong Demo Growth and Ratings Success for February
Network Achieves Strongest-Ever, Primetime Monthly Delivery of Adults 18-49; Up 31% From February 2007
New York, NY - March 4, 2008 - AMC announced today that the network delivered strong demo growth and ratings success for February. For the month, AMC ranked as a Top 10 network in its key demos. In addition, the network achieved year-over-year growth across all key demos, including its strongest-ever, primetime monthly delivery of Adults 18-49, up 31%.
In addition, with strong film title premieres, including Letters from Iwo Jima (2.4 HH RTG) and Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1.3 HH RTG), AMC delivered its strongest February primetime ratings ever.
The following are highlights of AMC's February 2008 performance:
- February marks the network's strongest-ever, primetime monthly delivery of Adults 18-49.
- AMC delivered 552,000 viewers, increasing demo performance by 31% from February 2007.
- AMC ranked 5th among all basic cable networks in raw impression growth of A18-49 in prime.
For Men 18-49 delivery:
- AMC delivered 330,000 viewers, representing a year-over-year increase of 39%.
- For M18-49, AMC ranked 6th among all basic cable networks in raw impression growth year to year.
- AMC ranked as a top 10 network in key demos for the month: #9 in Men 18-49; #8 in M25-54; #7 in A25-54.
- AMC ranked 5th among all basic cable networks in raw impression growth of M25-54 and ranked 8th among all basic cable networks in raw impression growth of A25-54.
- Across all dayparts, AMC delivered its strongest-ever February performance in key demo deliveries.
- AMC delivered its strongest-ever February prime HH ratings.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Prime M-Su 8-11p. Total Day: M-Su 6a-6a, Fringe: M-F 4-8p. Live data. Rank among all networks broadcasting more than 51% of the daypart. Feb. 08 (1/28/08-2/24/08) vs. Feb. 07 (1/29/07-2/25/07) raw impression (000) growth. "Ever" is since the beginning of AMC's Nielsen measurement, 4/97.
AMC is a multi-platform network that celebrates classic movies and high-quality scripted series. Among the elite services reaching over 94,000,000 homes, AMC defines what it means to be a classic movie network today, creating a distinctive viewing experience that celebrates all that is enduringly cool, personal and powerfully relevant about movies. AMC's comprehensive library of popular movies strike a meaningful chord with its audience, and its critically-acclaimed slate of originals all have a cinematic quality that allow them to complement and be complemented by some of the best movies of all time. A division of Rainbow Media Entertainment Services, AMC's sister divisions include WE tv and IFC TV. AMC is THE FUTURE OF CLASSIC.
About Rainbow Media Holdings LLC
Rainbow Media Holdings LLC is a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC). Rainbow Media is a leading producer of targeted, multi-platform content for global distribution, creating and managing some of the world's most compelling and dynamic entertainment brands, including AMC, IFC, WE tv, Rainbow Sports Networks managed FSN Bay Area and FSN New England, LIFESKOOL, SPORTSKOOL, and VOOM HD Networks. Through its IFC Entertainment division, Rainbow Media also owns and manages the following: IFC Films, a theatrical feature film distribution company; IFC First Take/IFC in Theaters, a day and date theatrical feature film/VOD initiative; the IFC Center in New York City; IFC Productions, a feature film production company; and IFC Entertainment, which owns and operates a film library. Rainbow Media also operates Rainbow Advertising Sales Corporation, its advertising sales division, and Rainbow Network Communications, its full service network programming origination and distribution company.