ABC's "Housewives" is Sunday's Most-Watched TV Series with its Top Number in 3 Months
Opposite an NFL-fueled Fox with an enormous Wildcard Playoff Game (Eagles-Packers) overrun that went well into the first hour of prime, ABC finished as the #1 non-sports-driven network on Sunday among Adults 18-49, beating CBS by 18% and NBC (with its highly-promoted 2-hour debut of The Cape) by 44%.
· The Net matched its 2nd-highest Sunday Adult 18-49 number in the last 3 months, with its regular schedule on the night- since 10/3/10.
At 7pm against Fox's NFL overrun in the hour, ABC's America's Funniest Home Videos ranked as the #1 regular program with Adults 18-49, leading CBS' 60 Minutes by 13% and the opening hour of NBC's Dateline by 157%.
· AFV rose 10% in Total Viewers over its year-ago telecast.
From 8-9pm, ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition beat out CBS' original CSI: Miami and NBC's Dateline in Adults 18-49. The ABC unscripted series also earned second-place in the hour with Adults 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49).
· Home Edition generated its 3rd-most-watched telecast of the season and hit its 2nd highest Adult 18-49 number this season.
ABC's Desperate Housewives won the 9 o'clock hour and emerged as Sunday's most-watched regular TV program. In its time period, Housewives topped the runner-up CBS' Undercover Boss by 1.1 million viewers, the opening hour of NBC's The Cape by 4.2 million viewers and Fox's NFL-driven animated comedies (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show) by 4.4 million viewers. In fact Housewives qualified as Sunday's most-watched scripted television show for its 12th consecutive first-run airing this season.
· Building its overall audience week to week, Housewives equaled its largest audience in 3 months and tied its top young adult number in 2 months - since 10/3/10 and 11/7/10, respectively.
ABC's Brothers & Sisters qualified as the most-watched TV show in the 10 o'clock hour, topping drama programming on both NBC (The Cape) and CBS (Criminal Minds encore). The ABC drama also registered as the #1 show in the time period across all key Women (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
· Brothers & Sister grew its overall viewer count by 6% week to week.