USA CONTINUES TO DOMINATE THE SUMMER WITH WEEKLY RATINGS VICTORY
USA Claims Double-Digit Victories Over Competition In Each Demo
NEW YORK - July 26, 2011 - USA continued to shine as the most watched cable network in prime this week, delivering more P25-54 (1.32 million, +19% over #2 History Channel), P18-49 (1.18 million, +14% over #2 History Channel), total viewers (3.30 million, +5% over #2 Disney Channel), and households (2.46 million, +13% over #2 Disney Channel) as well as bringing in the week's top household coverage rating in basic cable prime (2.44, +0.26 over #2 Disney Channel). USA was one of only two cable networks to deliver over 1 million in P25-54, 1 million in P18-49, 3 million total viewers, or 2 million households in this week's prime.
USA also won the total day crown this week as the only cable network to deliver over half a million in P25-54 (541,000, +10% over #2 History Channel). USA was one of only two cable nets to average over half a million P18-49 this week, as well.
USA's slate of 7 scripted hits easily bested the performances of TNT's dramas this week, averaging +21% more in P25-54, +34% more in P18-49, +97% more in P18-34, +12% more total viewers, and 12% more households. USA's original programming also beat History Channel this week, drawing +4% more total viewers and +9% more households.
· This week's episode of BURN NOTICE delivered the show's best numbers since the season premiere in P25-54 (2.26 million) and P18-49 (2.00 million) as well as more total viewers (5.39 million) than any episode except for last week's since last summer's Season 4 finale. More households (3.79 million) tuned to BURN NOTICE this Thursday than to any other telecast in basic cable prime
· SUITS hit a series high P18-34 (873,000), outperforming its BURN NOTICE lead-in for the first time in any key persons demo. This was also the show's best P25-54 (2.06 million) and P18-49 (1.95 million) performance for an episode with a full commercial load.
· BURN NOTICE and SUITS were the top two scripted telecasts in the night's basic cable prime among P25-54, P18-49, P18-34 (Burn Notice 854,000), and total viewers (Suits 4.38 million) with SUITS placing as the #2 scripted telecast of the night in households (3.22 million).
· BURN NOTICE was the top scripted option in all of television in its 9pm hour among P18-34, P18-49, P25-54, and total viewers beating ABC and FOX in the hour. SUITS made USA the #1 network in all of television, broadcast or cable, in the 10pm hour for P18-34 and P18-49, coming in second only to CBS among P25-54 and total males.
· ROYAL PAINS delivered more total viewers (5.03 million) this week than any episode has since the Season 2 finale 8/26/10. More households were tuned to Royal Pains (3.63 million) than anything else in basic cable prime Wednesday while NECESSARY ROUGHNESS was the #2 scripted telecast on the night for households with 3.15 million. ROYAL PAINS and NECESSARY ROUGHNESS were the top two scripted telecasts in Wednesday's basic cable prime among P25-54 (RP 2.14 million / NR 1.81 million), P18-49 (1.81 million / 1.57 million), and total viewers (5.03 million / 4.20 million). These were the top two dramas in cable prime Wednesday for P18-34 (737,000 / 548,000).
· ROYAL PAINS was the most watched scripted telecast in all of television Wednesday, broadcast or cable, for M18-49 and the top drama for P18-34 and M18-34 as well as beating everything in ABC's primetime lineup that night for P18-34, total viewers, every male demo (18-34/18-49/25-54/total males), and households. ROYAL PAINS was the most watched show on cable in the 9pm hour in P18-49, P25-54, total viewers, and households. NECESSARY ROUGHNESS also out delivered everything on ABC in P18-34 and households.
· COVERT AFFAIRS and WHITE COLLAR stole Tuesday night again, delivering more total viewers (CA 4.55 million / WC 4.18 million) and households (3.24 million / 3.09 million) than anything else on cable as well as coming in as the top two scripted series in prime among P25-54 (1.83 million / 1.69 million) and P18-49 (1.55 million / 1.63 million). WHITE COLLAR was watched by more P18-34 (856,000) than any other scripted series in basic cable prime Tuesday, hitting season to date highs in this demo as well as in M18-34, and total males. COVERT AFFAIRS also saw strong viewing in this demo�its second best this season to date as well as the #2 number for total males this season
· WHITE COLLAR was the #1 scripted telecast in all of Tuesday's television, broadcast or cable, for P18-34 and M18-34 viewers, outperforming everything on CBS in these demos as well as beating everything on ABC in M18-34. In its 9pm timeslot, WHITE COLLAR delivered more P18-34 than CBS and more households than ABC.
· COVERT AFFAIRS was the #1 scripted option in the 10pm hour Tuesday among P18-49, P25-54, total viewers, and households
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.