Weekly Ratings Highlights for August 15 - 21, 2011
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel Wins Total Day and Prime for 10th Straight Week in Core Kids
~Is Cable's No. 2 Network in Prime and Total Day for the 12th Consecutive Week
~Delivers TV's Top 8 Telecasts in Kids 6-11 and the Top 10 in Tweens 9-14
"A.N.T. Farm" is TV's No. 1 Telecast in Kids 6-11 for the 2nd Consecutive Week; "Fish Hooks" is TV's No. 1 Animated Telecast in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
"Shake It Up" Wraps its First Season as the No. 1 Cable Series Ever in Tweens 9-14
Disney Channel: Weekly Highlights
During the week of August 15, Disney Channel stood as TV's No. 1 network for the 10th consecutive week in Total Day among both Kids 6-11 (827,000/3.3 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (677,000/2.8 rating). Competitively, Disney Channel outshined Nickelodeon by 12% in Kids 6-11 (827,000 vs. 739,000) and by 22% in Tweens 9-14 (677,000 vs. 557,000), marking the 9th time in the previous 10 weeks the network held a double-digit percent advantage over Nickelodeon in the tween demo.
· In Prime, Disney Channel netted its 327th consecutive weekly win in Kids 6-11 (1.3 million/5.2 rating), representing well over 6 years of dominance. In Tweens 9-14 (1.0 million/4.1 rating), the network was No. 1 for the 62nd consecutive week, and for the 324th time in the prior 327 weeks overall.
· In Total Viewers, Disney Channel ranked as cable's No. 2 network in Total Viewers in both Total Day (1.9 million) and Prime (2.6 million) for the 12th straight week.
For the week, Disney Channel held TV's Top 8 telecasts in Kids 6-11 and the Top 10 in Tweens 9-14, led by original episodes of "A.N.T. Farm" and "Shake It Up," respectively. This marked "A.N.T. Farm's" 2nd consecutive week at No. 1 in Kids 6-11.
· Most impressive, wrapping its first season Sunday night, "Shake It Up" is pacing as the No. 1 cable series of all time among Tweens 9-14 based on its first 21 original episodes.
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 8 TV telecasts among Kids 6-11:
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 10 TV telecasts among Tweens 9-14:
Source: NTI, U.S. ratings, Live + Same Day: week of 8/15/11-8/21/11.