Live+7 Day Ratings: ABC's "Modern Family" Emerges as the #1 Show of the Week For the First Time Ever
Live+7 Day Ratings for the week of 10/10/11 (Week #4):
Based on the Live + 7 Day Ratings, ABC's Modern Family emerged as TV's #1 show of the week in Adults 18-49 (8.3 rating), moving ahead of CBS' Two and a Half Men by 11% (7.5) and NBC's Sunday Night Football by 26% (6.6). Initially in the Live + Same Day statistics, Modern Family tied Two and a Half Men to rank as TV's #2 broadcast program for the week in the young adult demo, both behind Sunday Night Football.
· Modern Family registered as the week's biggest gainer via time-shifted viewing in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, picking up an additional 4.71 million viewers and 2.4 rating points from its originally reported Live + Same Day numbers. In fact, Modern Family's 2.4 build matched last week's as the highest-ever for any single telecast of a TV series.
· Qualifying as the week's biggest drama gainer among Adults 18-49, ABC's Grey's Anatomy picked up an additional 1.5 rating points in the Live + 7 numbers to tie CBS' Criminal Minds as TV's #1 drama of the week in the young adult demo (5.1). In the originally reported Live + Same Day statistics, Grey's Anatomy placed as the #3 broadcast drama, behind CBS' NCIS and Criminal Minds.
· Based on Nielsen's final ratings for the week, ABC's Revenge registered as the #1 new drama in Adults 18-49 (moving into a tie with CBS' Person of Interest).The ABC freshman drama gained another 9-tenths of a rating point (2.7 to 3.6) in the Live + 7 numbers, topping the increase for the CBS drama (+0.8 rating).
· Impressively, ABC saw 8 shows add on 2 million viewers or more from their initially reported totals via time-shifted viewing, including the week's biggest overall gainer for the 4th week running: Modern Family (+4.71 million), Castle (+2.96 million), Grey's Anatomy (+2.93 million), Body of Proof (+2.82 million), Revenge (+2.37 million), Private Practice (+2.27 million), Desperate Housewives (+2.08 million) and Last Man Standing (+2.00 million).
· Among Adults 18-49, ABC saw 4 series add on at least a full rating point over their initially reported numbers: Modern Family - top gainer overall for the 4th week in a row (+2.4 rating - 5.9 to 8.3), Grey's Anatomy - biggest drama gainer (+1.5 rating - 3.6 to 5.1), Private Practice (+1.2 rating - 2.3 to 3.5) and Castle (+1.0 rating - 2.1 to 3.1).
Season-to-Date DVR Playback:
Four weeks into the new season, ABC's Modern Family and Grey's Anatomy are the season's Top 2 biggest gainers among Adults 18-49, picking up 2.4 rating points and 1.6 rating points, respectively. Modern Family is also the season's biggest overall gainer among Total Viewers (+4.66 million).