E! DELIVERS 4 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS WITH "LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET: THE 2012 GRAMMY AWARDS" SCORING THE NETWORK'S MOST-WATCHED "LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET" TELECAST EVER
E! Delivers 4 Million Total Viewers With "Live from the Red Carpet: The 2012 Grammy Awards" Scoring the Network's Most-Watched "Live from the Red Carpet" Telecast Ever
· E!'s Live from the Red Carpet: The 2012 Grammy Awards hosted by Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic on Sunday, February 12th from 6pm-8pm not only scored the network's highest-rated (2.98 HHLD) and most-watched LRC: Grammys ever, it was also the most-watched Live from the Red Carpet telecast ever for any awards event and now ranks among the Top 10 telecasts ever on E!. The LRC: Grammys drew over 4.0 million Total Viewers which is more than five times the prior four week time period average while also up more than +40% with both measures over last year's record-setting performance. As well as being the most viewed Live from the Red Carpet, it was also the most trafficked awards day across all historical Live from the Red Carpet events on E! Online and E! mobile.
· Live from the Red Carpet: The 2012 Grammy Awards remained bigger and better than ever, driven by record highs among all the key demos, posting its most-watched LRC: Grammy Awards ever with Adults 18-49 (2.1 million), Adults 18-34 (1.1 million), Women 18-49 (1.5 million) and Women 18-34 (800K) as it exceeded last year's performance by over +30% with the 18-49 demos and roughly +15% with the 18-34 demos while posting 5x gains over the prior four week time period.
· LRC: 2012 Grammy Awards drew appointment viewing numbers as it more than doubled its Countdown lead-in and rapidly built its audience throughout the show, increasing +77% with Total Viewers from start to finish.
· Leading into LRC, E!'s one-hour Countdown to the Red Carpet: The 2012 Grammy Awards from 5pm-6pm exceeded last year's record-setting delivery as it also set a new high, garnering its highest-rated (1.27 HHLD) and most watched Countdown: Grammy Awards yet, attracting over 1.5 million Total Viewers as it out-performed the prior four week time period by nearly +200% with both measures. It also was the most watched Countdown: Grammy Awards ever among Adults 18-49 (794K) and Women 18-49 (562K), doubling or more last year's Countdown delivery.
· Countdown: The 2012 Grammy Awards continuously gained more and more viewers throughout the hour, building more than +70% with Total Viewers from start to finish.
· E! Online delivered a new record high for the day of an event in daily unique visitors, page views and video starts as well as mobile (excluding mobile apps) page views and daily unique visitors nearly doubling last year's traffic.
*Source Nielsen Media Research, Fast Nationals, Live + Same Day, COV AA% & Impressions, Sunday, 02/12/12, LRC (6pm-8pm EST), and E! Countdown to Red Carpet (5pm-6pm EST) vs. Year Ago Performance on Sunday, 02/13/11. Online & Mobile: Omniture Site Catalyst 2010 - 2/12/12, Google Analytics 2008-2009