Ratings Highlights February 13 - 19, 2012
Final National Ratings
Disney Channel is TV's #1 Network in Total Day for Record-Setting 36 Consecutive Weeks in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14;
Ranks #1 for and Also Record-Setting 3rd Consecutive Week in Kids 2-11; Ties Nickelodeon as
Cable's TV's #1 Network for the 2nd Straight Week in Total Viewer Rating
~Holds Double-Digit Percent Advantage Over Nickelodeon for the 15th Straight Week in Kids 6-11 and for the 17th Straight Week in Tweens 9-14
Disney Channel Original Movie "Radio Rebel" Ranks as the Week's
#1 TV Telecast in Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
During the week of February 13, 2012, Disney Channel expanded its record-streak as TV's #1 network to 36 consecutive weeks in Kids 6-11 (599,000/2.4 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (506,000/2.1 rating) - dating back to week of June 13, 2011. Moreover, Disney Channel stood as TV's #1 network for the 3rd straight week in Kids 2-11 (930,000/2.3 rating) - also a record for the network - and was #1 for the 5th time in the prior 7 weeks overall.
Disney Channel landed in a virtual tie with Nickelodeon as cable's TV's #1 network on a Total Day basis in Total Viewers (1.67 million vs. 1.68 million), and tied based on rating for the 2nd consecutive week (0.6 rating apiece).
· Disney Channel surpassed Nickelodeon by 33% in Kids 6-11 (599,000 vs. 452,000) and by 51% in Tweens 9-14 (506,000 vs. 334,000), marking the network's 15th straight week boasting a double-digit percent win in Kids 6-11, and the 17th straight week in Tweens 9-14.
In Prime, Disney Channel has been cable TV's #1 network on a weekly basis for nearly 7 years in Kids 6-11 (1.1 million/4.6 rating), or 352 consecutive weeks. In Tweens 9-14 (950,000/4.0 rating), the network was #1 for the 87th straight week, and for the 349th time in the previous 352 weeks overall.
· Friday's premiere of "Radio Rebel" (8:00 - 9:40 p.m.) stood as the week's #1 telecast across all TV in Kids 2-11 (2.4 million/5.8 rating), Kids 6-11 (2.0 million/8.0 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (1.8 million/7.4 rating), and cable's #2 scripted telecast in Total Viewers (4.3 million).
· Disney Channel held the week's Top 4 TV telecasts in Kids 2-11, including the #1 animated TV telecast with "Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Peter Pan Returns!:
· Disney Channel delivered the week's Top 4 TV telecasts in Kids 6-11 led by "Radio Rebel," and 11 of the Top 12 overall:
· Disney Channel owned the week's Top 3 TV telecasts in Tweens 9-14, and 8 of the Top 10 overall, including the debut and encore airings of the original movie "Radio Rebel":
[Source: NTI, U.S. ratings. Week of 2/13/12-2/19/12: Live + Same Day. Competitive rank streaks include ties based on rating.]