"E!'S LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET: THE 2012 ACADEMY AWARDS" BREAKS RECORDS WITH 4 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS AND CAPS OFF LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET'S MOST-WATCHED AWARD SEASON EVER ON-AIR AND ONLINE
· E!'s Live from the Red Carpet: The 2012 Academy Awards hosted by Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic on Sunday, February 26th averaged over 4.0 million Total Viewers, making it the most-watched Academy Awards LRC in the network's history, out-performing last year's record-setting performance by +6%. This places LRC: The 2012 Academy Awards as one of E!'s most-watched telecasts ever.
· Nearly 12 Million viewers tuned into E!'s 8 1/2 hours of red carpet programming dedicated to Academy Award coverage, a gain of +4%.
· Live from the Red Carpet: The 2012 Academy Awards posted impressive numbers across all key measures, garnering a 3.08 Household and more than 2.0 million Adult 18-49 viewers, with both up over last year's telecast by +12% with HHLDS and +2% with A18-49 viewers.
· In 2012, E!'s Live From the Red Carpet coverage scored its most-watched award season in the network's history. E!'s coverage for Golden Globes, SAG Awards, Grammy Awards and Academy Awards were their respective most-watched LRC ever among Total Viewers, as each telecast set a new record high. For E! Online, award season overall is tracking at record levels this year, with the day of event reaching its highest ever marks in page views, daily visitors, video starts.
· Leading into this year's Oscars LRC, E!'s four-hour Countdown to the Red Carpet: The 2012 Academy Awards exceeded last year's record-setting delivery as it also set a new high, garnering its most watched Countdown: Academy Awards yet, attracting nearly 900,000 Total Viewers. Countdown steadily built its audience leading up to LRC as its quarter hour performance improved by over +20% from start to finish.
· The E! After Party: 2012 Academy Awards from 11:30pm-1am EST delivered a .72 HHLD rating and delivered nearly 900,000 Total Viewers as the post-show was up +13% with HHLDS from last year, and posted gains of +12% in Total Viewers, +11% with Adults 18-49.
· E! Online enjoyed its highest page views ever for the day of a red carpet event, both on E! Online and E! mobile.
*Source Nielsen Media Research, Fast Nationals, Sunday, 02/26/12 vs. Year Ago Performance on Sunday, 02/27/11; LRC comparison is versus year-ago's 6-8pm time period. Persons 2+ Cume; 2/26/12, Countdown to the Red Carpet: 2012 Academy Awards (1:30-5:30p), Live from the Red Carpet: 2012 Academy Awards (5:30-8:30pm) & E! After Party: 2012 Academy Awards (11:30p-1:00am). Online Source: Omniture Site Catalyst, 2/26/12 versus 2/27/11. Overall awards events, Omniture Site Catalyst 2010 - 2011 and Google Analytics 2009. Video starts, The Platform 2009 - 2010.