CBS TELEVISION DISTRIBUTION'S TRIO OF MAGAZINES SOAR TO NEW SEASON HIGHS
ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT, INSIDE EDITION and THE INSIDER All Post Weekly and Yearly Growth
THE DOCTORS Hits New Season High
FEBRUARY 29, 2012 - Powered by the public's interest in the death of Whitney Houston, CBS Television Distribution's trio of newsmagazines - ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT, INSIDE EDITION and THE INSIDER - all soared to new season highs, for the week ending Feb.19.
ET had its highest-rated week in two years, leaping +13% week to week to a season best 4.5 HH AA%. ET was up +15% vs. the same week last year. No. 2 magazine INSIDE EDITION had its best ratings of the season with a 3.5 HH AA%, up +6% vs. the previous week and +21% vs. the same week last year. THE INSIDER increased +11% week to week to a new season high with a 2.0 HH AA%. THE INSIDER was also up +11% vs. the same week last year.
Also setting a season high this week was Emmy-Award winning talk show THE DOCTORS, with a 1.8 HH AA%, which increased +6% week to week.
DR. PHIL solidified its spot as the #1 talk show with a 3.4 HH AA%, gaining +10% vs. the same week last year. DR. PHIL is the #1 talk show season to date with a 3.2 HH AA%.
In off network news, CRIMINAL MINDS was the #1 weekly hour for the seventh week in a row with a 3.3 HH AA%.
CTD had 8 of the top 10 shows in first-run syndication:
Program HH AA% Distributor
1. Wheel of Fortune 7.4 CBS Television Distribution
2. Judge Judy 7.3 CBS Television Distribution
3. Jeopardy! 6.4 CBS Television Distribution
4. Entertainment Tonight 4.5 CBS Television Distribution
5. Wheel of Fortune - weekend 3.6 CBS Television Distribution
6. Inside Edition 3.5 CBS Television Distribution
7. Dr. Phil 3.4 CBS Television Distribution
8. Family Feud 3.2 Debmar Mercury
9. Judge Joe Brown 3.1 CBS Television Distribution
t. Access Hwood Live -- wknd 3.1 NBC Universal
Source: NSS Galaxy Explorer week ending 2/19/12 or as dated. Live plus same day. HH AA% ratings or as noted. Excludes specials, breakouts and sports.